Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    I just take HS record in spring singles as reference. Many fandoms are saving money for SSK. HS in the last 2 singles each year are more accurate.

2. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    NMB did at some point, don't know if they still do.
    2015 Arena Tour Box had (if I remember correctly) a triple handshake ticket in it.

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The SKE48 MV Collection BD/DVD box released about a year ago included two event tickets but I've no idea if that affected the sales of it.

4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    i don't think it would. a large percentage of the akb single sales (and their hs sales) are from the koubetsu/individual hs sales in theatre edition. the theatre edition are much cheaper than the non-theatre edition. on the other hand, there is no "theatre edition" of dvd or blu-ray. even if 1 dvd or bluray has 3-tix of 2-shot/hs, it would be much cheaper to buy the 3 theatre edition of singles/albums. Plus, since the total revenue is affected by the price of the CD, lower price of CD means lower profits assuming that the sales remain the same like it is now.

5. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Don't know. Don't have any data on disc sales or which releases included incentives.

But I don't think that some plain old HS tickets make a big impact on a buying decision for something as expensive as a DVD box. It's more like a nice-to-have things, since you can get HS tickets way cheaper.
    For a >$50 item you would IMO need something more special.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Because the setlists changed a bit depending on the cities.
    NMB performed more songs in Kyocera. SKE performed more in Nagoya. And so on.
    But yeah, there were basically two main setlists for the whole tour, and releasing 11 DVDs for that would be a waste.

7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    The girls in my Avatar sold 366,333 K for the 2nd Original Japanese Single in the 1st day of pre-orders - That's just 1 single - bu Summer their 3rd "could" get passed 500,000 if it's decent- No handshakes, Voting Tickets, or Gimmicks- JUST the Single! What would AKB sales be like if he had to rely SOLELY on Music alone??

PLUS, this will be AFTER whatever the fall out & publicity of "Produce48" is - AKI-P needs to quit 'tinkering' & get back to basics w/ Solid IDOL songs. I.O.I (the group formed by "Produce 101") had a Perfect ALL-Kill in the charts just by popularity alone - Why mention this? because only like 10 KPOP groups ever achieved it.

Imagine if the AKB-Prod-48 Creation gets more Buzz & Popularity DURING the May/June months of the Election...It'll make AKB seem 'out-dated' & old school by comparison. HE REALLY needs to be thinking of the Future. Groups "Happen" over-night- He needs a back-up for when "Handshakes" don't work anymore.

8. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    are we going back to discussion abt that again? we've discussed abt it like 1000x and probably 100000x in the p48 thread

9. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    Uuh I really don't like Kpop, the songs all sound generic and boring to me. The girls look like barbies coming from the same factory just with different hair color.

No thanks!!! Even if AKB isn't in its best state right now, it's still much more original and intresting than generic commercialized Kpop. Twice is not exception there.

Truly glad that Japan always have their own vision and do their own thing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Ofcourse I know Twice lol, I'm a long time kpop fan. But I'm talking absolute terms, AKB cant be beaten.

11. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ok, akb would be obsolete by p48 hit the shelves. but let's be honest. even w/ the music alone, what is the new thing that twice bring to the table? (akb music isn't superior at any sense. but the akb music is more innovative, despite how trashy it is. ). as far as i remember, they are no different than other kpop / cute jpop acts. do u know why twice sells out in japan. lo and behold! the japanese members! you can't say kpop is absolute supreme when the popularity depends on japanese members and japanese market scene

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Twice OT
    The reason Twice is so popular now is because of many reasons. The biggest factor by far is TT went viral in Japan and became a social media phenomenon, hence they are already a huge trend before offcially advancing to Japan. The style of songs are also important, Twice releases very public friendly songs with catchy hooks. The fact that they have 3 japanese members helped with localising their image instead of just being a bunch of koreans (which there are still prejudice). Also the scale of promotion is massive thanks to Warner Music and NHK (most of the topic at the start is about 3 jap members, current #1 Korean girl group, 100m views MVs)

13. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    First two sentences of those paragraph is the exact recipe of KFC :D

why do we talk about two times in this thread? :confused: I nearly mistook it with P48 thread, do we want to bring the heated and prolonged discussion here? :^O^:

14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I thought I was in that thread too lol.
    Kpop and Jpop are two completely different things, comparing them is pretty pointless. Human tribal mentality/instinct is ridiculous, destructive and obsolete.

Next :arrow:

15. Xhhejzusidjd

Xhhejzusidjd Kenkyuusei

You don't honestly believe that twice's sales are "gimmick free" do you?

• Like Like x 2
  16. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

BYE! Lmao

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Cross Gene also has a Japanese member yet they never broke through...

18. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
    Lmao
    I thought this is P48 thread too :rofl:

19. Aestaine

Aestaine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What kind of erroneous information is this? I mean, I LOVE Twice but Twice's gimmick is even worse than AKB's. They include a trading card for every purchase of CDs and there are 10 types of trading cards - the most common trading card, the "all-members card" is just a worthless bonus. But the other nine, individual, much rarer cards are actual tickets for handshake/high-touch/sign-kai and people in Japan are buying their CDs in bulk to get their favourite's (oshi's or pen's) high touch ticket, probably almost as bad as AKB's. The kicker is, the cards are random, and the individual cards odds are like 3-4 to 1. If you are unlucky, you can buy 10 CDs without coming across a single individual ticket. If you don't believe me, just go on Youtube and google "Twice" and set the refinement for the last week and you will see countless videos of Once's opening up 10-20-30s CDs at once to get the ticket for their favourite member(s).

So no, Twice fans can't be on a high horse for this matter; their Japanese (and to some extent, also Korean) releases are gimmicky to the max with random individual trading cards/editions. I am not denying that they are not popular in Japan BTW, as they are at peak popularity if not still rising.

Back to AKB48, I finally un-lurk myself to say that as a on-off-mostly-lurking follower of the 48 group, I am excited for this single! :) Okada Nana will hopefully bring a killer A-side soon!

• Like Like x 3
  20. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

LMAOOOOO THIS IS SO TRUE
    I know 3 twice fans and I know for a fact 2 of them bought about 12 copies of their latest single

'no gimmicks, just the music' my ass

• Like Like x 1