Single NGT48 3rd [Haru wa doko kara kuru no ka?] (2018/04/11)

Discussion in 'NGT48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Expected.

They probably want to pair them with the 2nd gen.

Although I wish they got a bside at least. Nothing wrong with starting promoting them.

2. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Seems like it.

Makes it even easier to predict the bsides: Kitarie's graduation song as the main b-side, a fighting song centering Ogiyuka for Type-A, a sexy song centering Rikachan in Type-B, a cute song with Tsugumin on Type-C, and some wcenter with Katomina is the Theater Edition.

If they follow the 2nd single format, where the song's center is on the cover, Gatanee might be Type-C's center instead of Tsugumin.

3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am actually fine and would prefer this to be a 1st gen only release. NGT48 is going to change after this. With the new members, I don't think there will be anymore all-member song releases.

4. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    It's too early and there's not enough info yet to draw any conclusions, but if anything the speculations among fans lean toward the opposite.
    I'll explain for those who don't know yet: a couple days ago Naka no Hito posted on Instagram a message (this one here) to basically inform they are hard at work on selecting the photos to use for the back and the inside of the CD cases, as well as the bonus cards. This is not all, though. In the accompanying picture, seemingly unrelated to the message, there was also a pamphlet of the 3rd Draft Kaigi sticking out from under a foldable map of Niigata.
    This didn't escape people's notice, and since fans aren't new to seeing these sort of hidden messages before a surprise announcement, it led some to think that it wasn't just a casual detail and that the Draftees might be participating in the single somehow:
    http://ngt48.xn--efvn9s.jp/archives/1070166426.html

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am aware too of that :).

Maybe the all member b side song includes all 29 members. The only 5 members not in the senbatsu.

6. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

I honestly hope you're right!

7. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    http://ngt48.xn--efvn9s.jp/archives/1070215015.html
    So, there's some bad news straight from the MV director, Kobayashi Yuki. It seems like there has been some problems with the content of the finished MV, which means some scenes had to be scrapped after the completion and will have to be reshot again. Expect a bit of delay at the very least, or a MV rework at worst since Kobayashi was talking about the original MV getting "shelved".

https://twitter.com/supertandem
    This is Kobayashi Yuki's Twitter profile, by the way. The original tweets (now mostly deleted, when checking back at it) reported in the matome above didn't explain much about what was so controversial to cause all of this. However, if you scroll back through the chaos of retweets and look at the netizen responses to the announcement, what you can gather is that the problem seems to be that the MV featured guns (or gun shootings) and this allegedly rubbed someone the wrong way, especially in light of the recent school shootings in the US of A.
    Again, this is just what I gather, nothing has been explicitly declared (although the implications are there) so make of it what you want.
    Before they get buried too deep in the tweet list, those are just some of the reactions that he retweeted which I was referring to:
    "I see...
    So the cause is *that* incident, the kinds of which even became the basis for "Bowling for Columbine" and "Elephant"...
    Right on such a timing..."

https://twitter.com/wildest_monkey/status/968045476434948096

"So, there's this young and very promising movie director called Kobayashi Yuki, who was entrusted with making the MV for the group NGT48, but because of fear for the repercussions of the American school shooting or something, he was forced to shelve the production he worked hard on filming, and on top of that he was told to stay silent about the fact, or so I heard... I think this is so wrong! Really!!"
    https://twitter.com/kamiushi/status/968097316841254912

"It would be understandable if it were in America where people carry guns around, but in Japan where gun ownership is forbidden by principle, prohibiting the depiction of guns because of a shooting spree in America is something I find unreasonable.
    Having said that, doesn't it feel inconsistent that "The 15:17 to Paris" isn't being delayed from screening? (Hyperbole much?)
    Is this the kind of thing that happened to director Kobayashi, I wonder..."

https://twitter.com/wildest_monkey/status/968048450355908608

And then there's also these three Morse code messages, the first two were posted by Kobayashi himself, the last was retweeted from a "Death Row Family support account" (though someone referred to it as Kobayashi's alternate account, in another retweet, though I don't know if this is true). If someone is willing to break their fingers transcribing it all and then try to translate it (before I do myself), here's a handy Wabun Morse code translator for you.
    https://twitter.com/supertandem/status/968086668786806785
    https://twitter.com/supertandem/status/968090658836590592
    https://twitter.com/bakatarekousiki/status/968094700224655361 (tweet was deleted but I reuploaded the picture here for anyone who cares)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    I can see how gunshots could be a problem depending on how much they used it.

I wonder if they redo the whole mv now. Luckily they have still enough to time for these considerations.

9. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    The girls will always try to deliver. Snow storm didn't dampen them. It will take a day to redo the MV, just need to get Yukirin for the day.

10. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    My positive self wants to believe that this is a opportunity to further improve the mv. At least we are hearing something about it unlike the mv for the single of the mothership.

11. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

Couldn't help think about the issues with AKB while reading this either.

There's nothing about the cover, song title and uniform that hints at a yankii theme song/MV let alone guns in it. Imagine if Kobayashi went full yakuza without management realizing until they went into the pre-release MV screening lol

Unfortunately, the delay in the main title's MV means the delay of the b-side MVs' releases as well.

12. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    It will fuel theories why pre-released MV was pulled and replaced like another SG's.

13. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Welp, get ready for the "dance-version" then...like way back in the day, with that certain AKB song that had too much violence in their mv (which still was released on the dvd collection though~). :')

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. ogiyukaa

ogiyukaa Kenkyuusei

I just caught up on this whole thread and my heads hurts lol

I am just so happy NGT keeps rotating centers I like to think of them as the group of many aces I don't really care about NGT having a single 'face' or anything like that, I just hope they will continue to change centers! It's great for the members and fans. It also gives this group an edge and sets them apart although I do see the downsides of it too. But I am really excited for this single with Hinatan as the center I think she deserves it! I hope the sales are good not only for her sake but NGTs as well

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  15. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    It didn't necessarily have to be a yankii-themed MV. For all we know, it might as well have been something more stylish, or more plain similarly to Battle Royale (you'll see where I'm getting at in a moment).
    Personally, I have started following Kobayasi's profile as soon as the new single was announced, just out of curiosity. Well, out of all his tweets, this one is what I find most telling in hindsight. It was posted soon after the announcement itself which makes me wonder if it was actually a clue about the MV, rather than just a wishful expression as I first thought:

"I would like to film these kinds of movies with the people at NGT and have them kill people around!!!!! Mad respect!!!!!!!!"
    https://twitter.com/supertandem/status/962656049068089345
    Attached to the tweet are the pics of two movie posters, one of Lady Vengeance and another of The Neon Demon

Moreover, there are also these other two posts that Kobayashi retweeted just a few hours ago, regarding the shelved MV case, which I might as well report here. I don't know if this could provide some hints on it. If Twitter taught me something, it's that retweeting doesn't always mean agreeing with the messages therein, but with Kobayashi being on a no-disclosure order (basically speaking...) and considering the consistency with the previous retweets, you can never be so sure...:

"With Nogizaka members acting in a flashy gun shooting action, their 7th single Baretta was a production where idols and gun action combined together (harmonized) perfectly in the end. This is just a guess, but maybe the NGT's MV by director Kobayashi had a content that surpassed it, even if slightly?"
    https://twitter.com/mavotomo501/status/968969357173825536

"Director Kobayashi Yuki got me laughing with the whole case of the MV of NGT48's 3rd single having to be shelved, but well... I wonder to myself if he didn't get close to director Fukasaku Kinji with this one. lol
    Looking back at this again right now, I thought he made a deeply meaningful statement (in this recording).
    2017.12.24, at the Xmas screening of Death Row Family..."

https://twitter.com/mavotomo510/status/968954098937573376

The video is a recording of a Q&A corner at said screening event. He is asked who is a movie director he loves and sees as a model to reach. Kobayashi replies it's Fukasaku Kinji. The reason he holds up Fukasaku as role model to emulate is because he was amazed at Battle Royale, commenting how it was so groundbreaking it even became a matter of debate at the Japanese Parliament, caused restricted content rating ("R-shitei") to be first adopted in Japanese movies, and basically brought about a whole cultural phenomenon/paradigm shift with its release. He hopes that someday he'll be able to create something trailblazing like that, which could spark a similar clamor. For the record, the same exact kind of declaration was made in this other tweet as far back as May 2017, just in a (err...) less "composed" fashion.

Again, make of it what you want, but anything that gets speculations running and fills one's imagination is fine to me (as long as it's in a positive sense)... (´・ω・`)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Damn, i'm sad it got shelved then, even if just a rumor/speculation. Imagine that lighthouse scene in Battle Royale, but with the NGT club instead...holy shit, it would be trauma-inducing for some wotas. xD Hell, now that i think about it, it could screw up fans VERY badly. "*insert member* killed my oshi!!" and let the hatetrain begin... :')

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I am liking how NGT48 is just doing so many different genres.

18. enc0re

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    I want to watch the uncensored version of the mv so much right now.

19. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

That sounds freaking fantastic! Now I'll be very disappointed if it's just a dance MV. I hope they keep some of the scenes and don't scrape off the whole thing. I would love a concept that showcases the members' dark side and show they're not just innocent country girls.

I read in Rika's princess mail/blog that they already shot the MV by the time the 3rd single announcement was made, yet it didn't seem like she knew how the song sounds. I don't know if she's just teasing or if it means that the MV was supposed to be like a short film.

Imagine if management shelved it not because of recent events in the US, but because it was similar to Keyaki's concept :p

20. Floris58

Floris58 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katominami
    Twitter:
    flolfywolfymina
    Actually. Minamon said the song sounds like a mix between Seishun Dokei and Sekai wa... (how the hell does that even work out lol) make of that what you want. :p

Also i imagine it being far darker than Keyaki... i mean Battle Royale?? That movie is DARK and BLOODY as all hell.
    Then again, most likely we will never know. xD

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018