Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Hope so!!!!:)

I like the vibe of the song so far, it's somehow "natsukashii" <3

2. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    They usually put the information in 4:00 AM (Japan Time)... and it's 5:17 AM and nothing...
    Maybe tomorrow? Or maybe this time they will do in a different way.. Don't know..

3. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Why they're doing so different this time? i'm waiting w/ 0 patience and i'm getting bored :gavel::gavel:

4. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

On Max Toki 315 from Akihabara to Niigata
    Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    Maybe AKS is considering dropping or postponing this single due to low sale :fear:

5. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I feel like AKS does not care about this single at all...

6. mayushimen

mayushimen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    not only AKS. The fans are losing their hypes more and more. I was SO excited when it was announced, but w/ that sh*t being so late, i'm not anymore.

7. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Who cares about singles anyway? What really matters is when and where the handshake tickets will be available and the respective venues and individual sales, even if we don't know anything else about the single.
    At least in management's perspective.

8. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    There is still Sakamichi48 song, which can boost their sale besides HS. Maybe it is still early to reveal that ace card. Though, if the A-sude is revealed too late, there will be overlapping on these song promotions.

9. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    It's normal for international fans to be focused on the content that's usually valued in a music single, as handshake events connected to these singles aren't really of any value to the overwhelming majority of them. Not a bad thing, but just don't think it then also matters in the same way to fans in Japan, or to management (read: sales).

Initial chara-ani sales, chara-ani resales and eventual non-theater ed. sales for/when nationals are announced. Those drive fan sales.
    Single details like B-sides or the jacket images only really need to be available around the immediate release date. That's when the ads, billboards and store imagery appears as well.

So while it's personally annoying to some, it's not an overall problem.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  10. mils

mils Kenkyuusei

^
    You're right about the hs importance to international vs Japanese fans, but management revealing lineup info, mv previews and the covers so late after the initial anouncement and so near the single release date actually does kill many fans hype and also opportunities to post stuff on SNS to raise awareness.

11. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    THank you for sharing this!

Such a terrible boring song i couldn't even finish it (literally felt asleep mid song then i woke up n it was stilling playing) Feeling so bad for Nana :(

12. antares

antares Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaharariko
    What is AKS thinking?

* Theory one: "We do not care about music quality & song promotion. The main selling points are HS and Sakamichi48. Let's release the songs, MVs, covers... after the more important events (Keya's MV release, WIP Queendom) are done."

* Theory two: "The HS sale so far is too bad. We have added few more HS events. Let's delay any promotion activity and wait for the next HS record. If this single does not guarantee to sell 1 million, better drop it before too late".

* Theory there: "We have troubles with the Sakamichi48 song? Waiiiiit. Let's postpone the single promotion until resolving it".

13. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    @mils It does, at least for some, in some way. But the question one has to ask is if both of those things are significant at this point in time. Most significant fans (read: Japanese fans) already have their handshake purchases behind them, their sales have been pocketed. So if their hype is messed up for a week or two it's not that impactful.

If you think about raising awareness, you also need to think who would be the target of that and with what it would be coupled. HS sales are already over, and fans are aware anyway, so the logical target would be more common people, maybe even the "public". For one, those types are usually not the people who you can drive towards waiting and jumping to get the AKB48 single at release at the shop. But say you could, only having info on SNS and some dedicated websites is a difficult starting point for reaching these people. They'd already need to follow these twitters, ect. and if they do, chances are that they are a normal fan anyways. The real impactful stuff is more public and general: the billboards next to the Yamanote, on the Yamanote, the TV shows & CMs, posters in shops. And that stuff only appears after release or very close to it.

So while it does kill hype, it kills the hype overwhelmingly with the people for whom it does not matter anymore.

@antares Two is unlikely. For one, a single has already had a sub-1mil 1st week, and while it's a bad look, it's not apocalyptic in the slightest. Especially not to the extent where they would mess up the entire logistical operation of theater editions getting out, so close to release by delaying.

Three is also unlikely. STU's boat might be delayed, but a song is much simpler to arrange beforehand and get everything done. At this point in time nothing can be edited anymore unless they take heavy release delays, which again goes back to the previous point.

One is more likely. They don't care about promotion all that much at this point in time, like I said above. So yes, if it does have a reason it's most likely to not have it drop around the wrestling or other group stuff. Or of course it could have had no exact reason at all lol.

14. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I hate AKS, I do...
    Why don't we have a MV yet? Are they so lazy that they didn't finish editing it? Did some stupid staff member lost the recordings or something?
    Srsly, they're so good at killing hype. If only they were this good at making music.
    I am still waiting with hope, though. I want to see Nana as the center, even if I don't like the song, and it doesn't have the 'wow' effect. I'm pretty sure Nana will be the saviour of this single. And maybe Jurina, Sakura and Sayanee, if they give them screentime.

15. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Betting the MV preview release will be in March 3rd HS event

16. All Nippon Airways

All Nippon Airways Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    AKS just meh!:rant:
    poor the girls~ :cry:

17. Dee

Dee Kenkyuusei

We haven't gotten any information on the HS sales either. It's been 10 days since the last HS round. Where's resale round? or the mythical 8th round?

18. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You don't get results of the current round unless the next round or resale round is announced.

19. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sweet now 8th round results will be out by today.