MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellienokami

ellienokami Kenkyuusei

"AKB48 has 48 members" lmao obviously another small Youtuber who did little to no research bandwagoning since MNL48 was such a hot topic during the time he uploaded that video.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. rookiecookie

rookiecookie Kenkyuusei

I understand that there are bad things that happened in this show, and I can tolerate my friends using MNL48 as a joke, but for someone who you'd expect to understand better, say things so much worse is just awful. I wish we had Eunice here because I watched her vlogs and people KNOW her, as MNL48 Eunice and people took pictures with her and even her family and I know that he isn't majority but damn. It's just too much. Like I followed this group since it was announced. Even the girls here had a hard time. Some of them are in debt because of joining here. Some of them are cyberbullied, some of them are struggling with school. Even if you won't support all of them, treat them as human beings. Like, if majority of the people were as harsh as him, I would've wished for this whole thing to never happen, and I'd just listen to j-pop and k-pop like I usually do.

The country isn't truly ready for an idol group, and it's not because of the system, the girl, and yes, even the management. It's because of people like that A-kun.

But, we'll never be able to have a local idol scene, or even start distinguishing ourselves from other countries' idols if we don't start from something. That's why I'm still in full support of this group. I won't be like "everything they do is perfect", but I'll be more understanding because as much as moral support won't finance anything, but being an idol, it's essential to have that kind of support to actually be mentally and emotionally stable in your career. And another thing, is that this country will never achieve that million downloads thing, or the 100k album sales, but we have streaming, acting careers, concerts and such to find a way to support the group. Like I didn't spend a money but I can listen to local singers and bands for free through spotify, and that can signify popularity and even make a lil cash, but not too much. Being played on radio, maybe even a trending dance challenge like Momoland's Bboom Bboom can happen to this group. This group can even give birth to a young superstar like Liza Soberano and Kathryn Bernardo. That's the beauty of an idol group, they're versatile and they aren't limited as singers, dancers, actors, hosts, etc. The possibilities are endless for this group, we just need to be not the people who would be the cause of their discouragement and their downfall.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. xPLyRGz48

xPLyRGz48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Totally agree with this. ^

Even though he is giving "criticism", it is almost biased. I do hope that we will not just copy paste the JPN48 but we will have a flavor on our own. It is our first time having this idol in the Phil. It should have a Pinoy flavor.

I do hope that I'll be able to watch them in person in the future and I hope that we will have our 10th year anniversary concert in the year 2028.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rookiecookie

rookiecookie Kenkyuusei

I hope they just let the girls delete everything in their social media and deactivate. Like it's hard for idols to have good twitter handles and social media handles because of fans taking the ones that seem official. Like for example, for sela, there are handles like @MNL48sela and even her full name. Same for popular girls like abby, gabb, sheki, alice, ash, etc. I'd rather let the management take control of their social media for now, or just not use it as much and focus on the group social media.

Wait, where did you get this info?

5. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    That video gave a very bad aftertaste. We must understand that this group is still in its infancy stage and the concept of "idols" as wotas know it is fairly new to the Filipino's general mindset. Of course, how the Philippine entertainment does things before will be applied, much to wotas' dismay but that's how things naturally happen everywhere (cultures will always put their own spin to a new thing). The post above is correct, we must be patient, and with the og 48fans' guidance, the group will eventually grow and will correct itself. As a person looking from outside, I find it weird that a number of Filipino wotas are the ones bashing/critical of the group whereas I thought they should be the ones supporting/guiding them.

That guy believes everything should be perfect (or at least at par within his standards). Man, such a self-centered POV.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I don't need to watch that video enough to be told. If HHE were to follow his wishes, MNL would NOT last as a group serving a very niche audience.

Not exactly, although I'm interested to know if that's official. All they have to do is to add more greater control like verification (that check mark), 2-step authentication, set them to dormant, or hand it to a professional who can help with their content.

That's the only compromise we have to take. Yeah, I kind of shake my head with the decisions they try to impose, but then it's better than nothing.

I might as well teach, hell, take part in the development process (I won't mind if we would be involved in some orientation program for the girls to understand about idol culture) instead of the purists keep telling why the group is short of becoming something like JKT or BNK (and its newly huge fandom).

7. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Because a lot of fans are only in it for themselves. They want their hardcore fix and that's about it. They don't really care about the nitty-gritty details of having to run an idol group so long as they get what they think they deserve.

A lot of fans' horizons don't extend outside the fandom so it's really difficult for a lot of them to even consider the thought of catering to the mainstream crowd.

8. Mr. Take It Easy

Mr. Take It Easy Kenkyuusei

I've been trying to find that video and I can't
    Can someone PLEASE, show it to me

9. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Wit the fan’s sentiments about ABS-CBN, I think it would be hard now to avoid it. Here in the Philippines, it is really different as compared to Japan and Korea when it comes to an artist’s tv apperances. Here, an artist usually have a contract under the tv station so they almost alway exusively appear only in one tv station (except if they will be featured for news reports, commercials), unlike in the above mentioend countries that they are signed in companies and can freely appear in other tv stations. And right now, ABS-CBN is the leading tv station here in the Philippines and Showtime is the most watched noontime show. I think that is why they have no choice but to sign partnership with ABS-CBN.
    And I think the reason that they made it like a reality show is that filipinos love reality show. They love competitions where fans have to vote. If we let the management choose the members and the centers alone (like how it is usually is), people here will not be satisfied because here, the number of votes by the whole country would be the real validation.

Also, I’m not surprised that it is also Filipinos who try to put down their own talents. I hate to admit it but it is one of the most common problem of Filipinos, especially now that Kpop is well loved here. They think that MNL48 are kpop wannabes so they feel ashamed that their co-Filipinos are acting like wannabes. But ofcourse, they just talk without even knowing anything. Honestly, many of “kpop fans” here also only know one or two kpop groups and already claims they are “Kpop-pers”. So dont mind those who are laughing and mocking at MNL48, because this is also what happened to kpop before it became a hit here. 2ne1 (who has dara, who is a superstar here) helped a lot to gradually make Filipinos become fans of Kpop. [hehe]
    And people here just have to accept that Jpop and Kpop really have differences when it comes to musicality and also dance performances

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Funny thing is, Aki-P was then in the TV industry long enough to know, and so decided to come forward with his original concept of "idols you can meet", and I can only imagine that he looked into how things work differently in our country, especially with how the system works, so must figured out that some compromises have to be made if only to get MNL off the ground; yes, he has the last say.

Yeah, it's a problem of taste. From my viewpoint, Kpop artists are seen as exotic creatures or godly not only due to appearance but also their reputation for their sophistication, yet at the same time they're pretty much unapproachable.

Oh, well... A mutual friend said that MNL at this stage -- especially as he attended the HS event -- felt more like the old days he remembered, back when it was possible for him to attend the AKB theater regularly without having to place reservations. And I'm also heartened that girls like Gabb and Alice are pretty much putting that personal touch by responding favorably to new fans on Twitter.

Things to do:

* Form teams
    * Choose team captains
    * Set up a secure dorm for themselves (hopefully not that PBB House)
    * Pick a temporary performance venue while the permanent theater is being constructed
    * Practice, practice, practice
    * Study more about the lore of 48G
    * Girls have to create their own unique persona, their brand, and maybe allowed to change their hairstyle to be more distinct.
    * Don't forget they also have to create their catchphrases. Fresh Potato needs one. :lol:
    * Be mindful about what they are allowed to say, and how they interact on social media.
    * And also don't forget about securing and verifying their social media accounts now that they're getting some taste of celebrity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I wouldnt bs surprised of they will choose PBB house to house the girls, though I really hope not. But I think PBB will have their next season soon as they are already doing auditions and their main host is now done with hee latest hosted show so it might not also be the PBB house. And I’m glad that the kami-7 will be trained at Japan because I think that it is the best place where they will have to learn about AKB48.

12. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    No doubt, in time, Jpop will be accepted. The country has a penchant for catchy and danceable songs, as well as cuteness/beauty in celebrities.

I also have a fearless forecast that whoever is going to be the trainee from akb that will be sent, as long as she is cute and will start to speak Filipino, will be loved by the people. ;)

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Lols I agree. Filipinos love if a foreigner knows how to speak Filipino language. And yes, Filipinos are acting like they look for those “real music” but people are honestly weak for catchy songs. Gangnam style, Nobody, Fire, Fantastic Baby, and now Bboom Bboom. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Indeed, an open secret that we're so fickle that fads can come and go in even a short time.

Funny, I think of something: what a world of difference it would have made if Mossan was introduced and known to be Japinay much earlier before MNL, it would have shook the country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Are-Kun

Are-Kun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatatesaho
    The hard part is finding a girl willing to come here.
    Whoever she is, she'll be welcomed with open arms...probably lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    As long as she will show that she is interested with the Filipino culture and show a genuine love to the Philippines (and ofcourse become good in speaking Filipino language), she might have a chance to be famous here or possibly become a superstar here like Sandara Park and Ryan Bang. Even Yachang also once became an indemand comedian here. Lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    who ever that is, she might get local contract even after graduating, like for example, Nakagawa Haruka from JKT48, i read in her stage48 wiki that she has a contract in Jakarta and is wellknown in the country, i just really hope thay someone will love Philippines as her 2nd home though

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

pls be Sinigang... She needs it more than we do

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Taking a break from the issues, speculating, and wishes for MNL48, I bring you some of my thoughts about yesterday's event. I really love seeing the girls live because it gives you a different kind of perspective and because seeing them live trumps just viewing them on a screen.

1. Gabb in the zone - or rather, she loves to zone out. Might be due to exhaustion, lack of sleep or wondering where her father is (he's in Center Road). Gabb looks really cute when she's staring at the distance.

2. Uragon ini - Quincy didn't stop crying until midway during the break between ranks 8 to 16 and the Kami 7. It's a very welcome surprise to be sure.

3. GodSela - Sela looked mighty nervous when the Kami 7 was being announced. Almost looked like she wanted to punch something just to release her tension.

4. Nice one! - Nice looked really happy when she was called. But afterwards she didn't know where to go, and went back to the center to.....pose for the camera! Lol. It was hilarious. She also started dancing when we chanted "Nice one!" afterwards.

5. The girls were wearing new uniforms that brought them more closer to AKB style visuals.

6. The girls perfomed Aitakatta several times already but there was something different in their first performance of the song as official members. A certain jump in their step, a certain confidence in their moves.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.