Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    They were both pushed, but Milky was more the "face" at the beginning, but Sayaka became pretty popular right away so it was Sayamilky really fast. Except the first two singles, they became the new WMatsui really quick. it's pretty cool to think about that tho. Milky and Jurina got to stay as centers cause they were popular, but due to fans' admiration they got to include Sayaka and Rena and it just sort of worked really well.

Kind of reminds me of Mariko-sama. She was a staff-member, but fans just really liked her and wanted her to join the group. Then she did (after a mini-trial). That's pretty cool lol.

As a side-note: I'm pretty sad that Rina might not rank even tho I had hope she made new fans as a BNK member. I oddly really like her even tho I was not her fan at all when she debuted.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Omori Maho says hi.
    AKS is pushing Moeka, Maho and Haruna.

3. ET920

ET920 Member

That's being generous. Quite.

Yes, Miruki was the sole center for kurokami. And you can remove the apostrophes, it was a real scandal.

The best method is marking the long vowels with a macron or long vowel mark (長音符) because it's recognizable in several languages. It is also less confusing than using an "h" or an extra "u" (like Ohta or Sutou). The drawback is that it's pretty annoying typing it.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Since they don't have popularity measurment tools during the auditions process and 1st lessons (except Moeka), I'm assuming they choose the 1st aces based on their skills.
    Then the audience response does the rest.
    Though Kana was a question. Maybe because she is known to be a fast learner ?

5. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I love her too but actually the truth is she love by many people but they are into their Kami Oshi first. Rina just someone that they care but not the first maybe it her curse to be this way even in Japan:cry:. She got some fans in Thailand too and beloved by the members. At least I hope she can end her career as an Idol with smile and no regret and that her decision to transfer to Thailand to BNK as the girls guidence isn’t the wrong decision. That what I hope for her.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I wonder about that too. I know they didn't push Yuko as the ace because she went against the concept of AKB by having experience as a child actress. But I would've expected them to push someone like Erepyon or Kasai.
    I think it's more the amount of hard work they put into it instead of skills. Or, in some occasions, the management pushes this one girl because they think she's cute and has an idol aura.

7. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Oota Aika
    Nickname Rabutan or Lovetan

I prefer "Rabutan"

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 5
  9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That's fine for lyrics, but it's absolutely terrible for names where pronunciation is a secondary concern.

Someone learning Japanese also needs to learn the romanisations actually used by Japanese people, not just the one that he thinks is most accurate (but isn't, unless you're going to start writing Inoue as Ino'ue).

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  10. Asuka Loves Walls

Asuka Loves Walls Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    • Agree Agree x 6
  11. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Izurina was supposed to be the ace of her generation.

12. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Quoting Andrew Tanenbaum: „The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from“

• Like Like x 2
  13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    It would help if sscrla hadn't sent it so wildly off-track in the first place :p

14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Noticed a random cute thing about the SSK website, and maybe someone mentioned it before, but every time you refresh the page, a different member (with the number of days left until SSK) appears on the homepage. Thought it was a nice little detail :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That's because I probably don't care for idol's looks (and especially weight) as much as some others. I usually don't even notice someone put on weight until others point it out :censored: I care more about the ability to sing and dance

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ET920

ET920 Member

[​IMG]

Technically you shouldn't care about singing or dancing either, they are supposed to be bad (although some girls are worse than others). But you should notice when they start improving, working harder to become better... that's why someone who starts thin and goes fat is much like someone dancing well and suddenly forgetting steps and becoming clumsier and clumsier.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Britney M. Carey

Britney M. Carey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    For 3rd gen, it was Mayuyu from the beginning until she graduated

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Although I don't agree with this analogy... if a girl improves but is still pretty bad at singing and dancing I personally don't care for her. I personally don't see the point in admitting girls that can't sing. If I watch a live performance of an idol group and they don't use audio playback (but sing live) and they are off key, it ruins the performance for me - no matter how much they have improved since their debut. Some idol groups I just can't watch live because their weak live performances ruin the whole thing for me.

I've learned to care more about dance than vocals because there are actually some pretty talented girls in the group (sadly a lot have graduated already, like Umeda Ayaka, Miyazawa Sae, Akimoto Sayaka, Hirate Rina, Tano Yuka; but there's still Jurina, Sayanee, Saito Makiko, Yokochan, Ikumin...); the Dance Senbatsu stage that Takamina produced and Kamikyoku Shibari (SS8) are my favourite stages, as well as some Team K stages.

As for your analogy concerning gaining weight... that has nothing to do with effort or hard work. Starving yourself is not hard work and I don't think it should be encouraged. If you lose weight in a healthy way that's fine, but I'm led to believe that to achieve most of these girls' bodies, you essentially have to starve yourself. I'd rather have a bit of a chubby but genki idol than a slim and underperforming idol. With a lot of girls you can tell anyway if they're actually fit (do they have some arm muscles or abs?) or if they're just not eating

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. ET920

ET920 Member

Hmm... Wasn't Ayarin pushed too in 3rd gen? Can't remember.
    By the way, Furuhata Nao apparently caught in a Disneyland date, wonder if that will affect her election somehow.

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1