Event / Concert AKB48 53rd Single Sekai Senbatsu Sousenkyo (2018/06/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 29, 2018.

1. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I don't think Sakura was being a brat at all but her head was spinning the whole time after being blind-sided by Dasu. I empathize deeply with her and agree nothing Jurina could have said on stage would have really helped. Only time (and maybe a P48 victory) would heal the trauma Sakura was dealt last night and I feel really sad for her.

At the end of the day the main issue was Jurina had to talk to Sakura instead of Dasu for the sake of hamming up the JuriSaku rivalry storyline.

I mean Jurina even had to officially name Sakura as her rival whereas Sakura was all about dat Sasshi in her mobame and didn't say Jurina was a rival

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I bet she will wear the coat for next PD48 recording :awesome:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

I empathize with her too. I used the word brat because of the pictures avoidance. I have done the same thing in family pictures when I was younger over an upset so sorry for my terminology.

I also agree the MCs pushing the storyline was not the best. She should have talked to Dasu as you said. She is also an SKE teammate so it would have made even more sense to push their teamwork.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I will bet my left nutsack the JuriSaku exchange or at least 'thank you for being my rival' will be edited into PD48

Who knows, maybe Sakura was missing from the Senbatsu photo afterwards because she was busy being interviewed by Mnet for some crying footage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    These. Both J and Sakura take Akarin and Sasshi respectively as their rival rather than each other. AKS needs to stop pushing this JuriSaku rivalry. Girls care more about other members of their own group who have shouldered the group together than a bordering-on-unfriendly match-up with another group.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

I don't know if people are ready for this one

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Creative Creative x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I don't know where you're getting all these ideas about "being predatory" and "smirking" (from another post), though we're clearly still not on the same page. Yes, Jurina tried to console Sakura. She tried oh so hard. She should not have tried at all, or tried and realised it wasn't helping and stopped, without her mom having to come in and stop her.

They absolutely did need to be broken up, or Jurina would have kept going at her for several more minutes despite Sakura's obvious distress.

Anyway, I grow weary of this topic. Feel free to get the last word in if you feel it necessary.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Wow, if you really want to see Jurina in a bad light, you really will. While I do agree that the MC should have not asked Jurina to say something to Sakura, I think it's just stretching it to see something to hate on Jurina on how she did it.

Then again, what do I know, I'm a Jurina fan. We're allegedly oblivious, insensitive, and full of ourselves, just like how our oshimen allegedly is.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Dragonkiller12012

Dragonkiller12012 Kenkyuusei

I feel like people always wanna make excuses for how Sakura conducts herself at SSK. From finding excuses for her saying she would destroy AKB to this year's SSK. Like I had said in my initial post I didn't like how she kept apologizing in her speech and how she turned into a crybaby when she sat down. She was acting like an ungrateful toddler by doing those things. I'll repeat that she's one of only 3 girls with more than 100k votes this year. That is a lot of love and money spent on her, but she would rather focus on the fact it wasn't enough that she wasn't enough for 1st place as if she had done something wrong to begin with. There are so many girls who have never ranked at all and girls who forgo participating now that they're afford the choice of participating or not participating. Sakura's reaction to 3rd place a coveted position in its own right is an atrocity when you consider things like that.

• Dislike x 11
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  10. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    I would have prefered Qapla', but I'm just neutral third party.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

lol at this

But what's really sad is that I'm sure some people would really believe this.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I missed the event live yesterday due to work but I caught up and here's my two cents;
    • First, congrats to Cherprang!! They even exceeded the 22k votes they had promised, and she's in Next Girls, which I think is a huge accomplishment! Also Music, she's only in 72nd place but she ranked in!
    • Also congrats to Katomina, I know her goal was Senbatsu but to be honest, I never anticipated that due to her slow rise from 2016-17. Her prelims were a huge shock to me and made me wonder if she could do it after all, but I think 30th is a good spot for her. I hope she can continue to rise
    • I feel terrible for Komiharu, she tried really really hard these past few days to get people to vote for her... She gained 2k votes, which is pretty good but for this year's crazy amount of votes, it's just not enough. I know this isn't really comparison because it's been years ago, but I just looked at the amount of votes people got in the beginning of SSK and just saw that Komi would have made 4th place with that amount of votes in 2010, and even surpassed Acchan by more than 5x in the first year :hehe: I know, times are really different, but if it were me, that would be a consolation to me in a way
    • I also feel quite bad for Miichan. She 'only' lost about 5k votes in comparison to alst year but dropped 13 ranks. It really was a harsh SSK this year, but hey, at least she's still Undergirls
    • As for Sakura... I really do feel bad for her. Coming in third must be really frustrating in this situation. I was sure that the 1st place would be a race between Sakura, Jurina and Ogiyuka, and then Dasu swept in surprisingly.
    I'm not gonna comment on anymore than that regarding Sakura and Jurina 'cause I haven't watched subtitled versions of their speeches yet so I didn't get everything they said in their speeches

• Like Like x 3
  13. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Amazing

14. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Not a sakura fan but I didnt think she was gonna win. then again, i thought ogiyuka could beat J. so what do I know:fear:

• Like Like x 6
  15. Momentosis

Momentosis Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    From the sakura supporters i've talked to, most of them were banking on sasshi votes.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

Sasshi fan here. Voted for Tomu.

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 7
  17. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

Sakura looks so dazed.

At first I was like "wait Sakura steps directly in view.." then camera angle change. So definitely looks softer but still must have been awkward up on stage. It's better as a sweet moment and then Yuihan breaking up the awkward and ushering everyone out as times up.

I'm not a Sakura supporter but I definitely think she could have won if fans pushed it more. I think her last ssk thing came off cheap to some people though and people relied on Sasshi votes too much. (Which makes no sense. what if they have second oshi? Sasshi doesnt translate to Sakura anymore than if Jurina left they would go to Dasu. Sure SKE loyalty but theyre certainlu different idols and will have different fans).

Jurina's people just wanted it more, whether that was spurred on by Nagoya anniversary or not.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think a lot of Sakura fans were hoping Sasshi fans would vote for her to ensure that the crown stays with HKT but it seems like Sasshi oshis don't care about HKT really but about Sasshi. Also, Sakura had declared this would be her last SSK so I think the fans that spent a lot of money probably thought that it's just gonna be this once and Sakura isn't participating next year so this is their only chance and they went all out.

I didn't think Sakura could beat Jurina, but I was definitely expecting 2nd place for her. And she got a huuuuge amount of votes; she didn't only surpass the 100k mark, she ran so far ahead of it that she couldn't even see it anymore. I personally think this is an achievement in terms of numbers but I understand the rank is more important in this case than the numbers

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. philipho188

philipho188 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Sashi fan here, went back and supported my original SKE girls...

• Like Like x 8
  20. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    On the contrary, seeing lots of HKT girls get rank not to mention nakomiku senbatsu makes me think sasshi's fans going hako.

• Like Like x 8