TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Well I want her to debut because she seems to want so. But I’ll change my opinion if she overworks herself to the point of collapsing for this show.

And it’s a fan vote, so regarless of who will get the chance, it will be as fair as it can be with SSK.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Mixed feelings from me, I suspect after winning SSK Jurina might want to focus more on Japan this year with SKE and AKB activities, she needs time to grow into the role of #1 if she wants to be the leader of 48G for the foreseeable future (especially since Sasshi, Yukirin, Sayanee etc are probably going to graduate within the next 5 years and Jurina says she'll stay for longer than that) and spending half her time in Korea would be counterproductive to this goal. On the other hand, it would be nice to see Jurina win over international and Korean fans and develop her own skills even more.

I don't think I need her to be #1 but it would be nice if she placed top 12.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I think this largely depends on how Mnet continue to edit her. If they continue giving her nice edits, then I think she has a good chance to stay. But of course if at some point Mnet decided they needed more drama and gave her a bad edit, either performance or personality-wise, she could easily drop.

I'm only judging from Chinese version but rankings change a lot from week to week too. Like some girls who were in the top spots early on were already eliminated before the final episode, and some rose from the bottom. But even if we take the most dramatic rank changes aside, some girls might for example be in top 11 for some time, drop out a bit, and then come back. So it's no reason to panic yet with Jurina's rank falling. As long as stays high enough not to get eliminated it's fine. Final few episodes are what matters the most.

• Like Like x 2
  4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    With the amount of screentime she got (and that “they don’t play with us because we’re different;-;” narrative) she’ll probably go up next episode. All of the top12 from this week are all girls who performed on episode 1 and received good editing (like Kaeun & Moe’s pity story) except Jurina & Sakura.

5. Tris-chan

Tris-chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Jurina has unfortunate RBF so it would be pretty easy to give her a villain edit in terms of TV production. Thankfully the audience so far seems to be into the Kaeun vs. Sakura angle so it may never happen.
    I'm glad to see some friendships forming between the J and K trainees, they can learn a lot from each other. As expected, the 48 girls know how to handle a camera much, much better than almost any K trainee. They know how to be emotional and be vulnerable with people watching. They know how to do things to catch the camera's attention. That translates to more camera time, which means more chances to build a fan base to help vote.
    Somi is charismatic and skilled, but what got her the win was her comfort in front of the camera. She was totally unafraid to be vulnerable or silly or serious or anything else. THAT is what will get a spot on the team. That's why the 48 girls are actually pretty likely to stay near the top.

• Like Like x 2
  6. akb&ske_lovers

akb&ske_lovers Kenkyuusei

Btw can someone plz explain to me..? I'm not really understand. Which is more important? Ranking or class..? What will be happen to the girl if the girl managed to A class but not whithin top 12 voters in the final..?

7. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Ranking.
    Even if you're A, if you're below a certain rank you get eliminated in episode 5.

• Useful Useful x 3
  8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Your grade doesnt mean anything except portraying how well you did, but yes getting a good grade gives you better impression at the start. Grades are totally scrapped out of the system when they start 1st eval next week anyways.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

I want Nako to rise more :worthy::worthy::worthy:
    Mnet give her that storyline more

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. akb&ske_lovers

akb&ske_lovers Kenkyuusei

Ah, i c. Thank you for the info

11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    They could do like the Chinese version is doing and after the first cut just always call the top 11 girls A class and so on down the line but I doubt they will.

12. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I noticed there's a Korean trainee, Jang Gyuri, who's currently ranked no. 14 and it was revealed that she debuted quite recently for a group called fromis_9. She said she didn't have a training period so her label Stone Music is allowing her to debut again wth lol (Stone Music is owned by CJ E&M, which also owns Mnet. So you can just add things up lol)

But the main reason why I'm writing about Gyuri is because the single her group released is an absolutely bop. A really cute summer Kpop song. Choreography also has a Nekkoya feel to it. Check it out if you haven't.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Also, here's a really cute pic of Gyuri with everyone's favorite loudmouth <3
    gyuri_yamada.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Old Old x 1
  13. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    fromis_9 is another survival show group that debuted from the show "Idol School", several of the other contestants like Jo are also from there but I don't think they were able to debut. I only caught the first episode since I couldn't find good subs so I don't know much else about it.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    A part of me agrees with this. I would rather have Tomu, Miyu, Ikumin, and maybe Noeppi (for the variety lols) make it to the final group over Jurina and Sakura.

Its just that my competitive spirit is getting the better of me. I know that Sakura is basically 90+% sure to be in the final group. I don't like the idea of her being in it but not Jurina. Yup, too competitive about it.

Somehow, if mnet sees that its likely that no Japanese trainee will make it to the final group, I feel some twist will be done like an automatic slot for the 48G girls.

• Agree Agree x 16
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I'm conflicted when it comes to Jurina.
    She is an all around professional and has both experience and qualities to be on the final group.. but she aslo has already a lot of work in Japan and, I guess I don't want her push her limits even more. On the other hand, Jurina is in 48 since she was a kid, those 2 years and half in the group performing around, getting promotion in both Korea and Japan, would be the sweetest (and perhaps most useful) way to walk towards graduation and her next career goal.
    I'm aware no one here like to think about their oshi graduation eh.. my mind is just planning ahead because I'm made like that lol

Does anyone knows in which percentage (or something) is divided so far screen time? Because I have the feeling 48s took a lot of screentime in 2 episodes (which was to be expected) but somehow is divided more or less fairly between them then on the korean side.

Anyway, Choi Ye Na really stood out to me. She has a bit of IOI's Mina, a lot of Kawaei, she's a good singer and a better dancer.
    Absolutely my first pick.

Deciding the othe 11 I wanted to cheer on even knowing some wouldn't make on it has been harder than I expected.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I agree it would benefit her but she did say in her SR that she plans to stay in SKE until she's 28 so she still has a long time to go [hehe]

• Like Like x 5
  17. Peach Anmitsu

Peach Anmitsu Kenkyuusei

As much as I rather give it to Miyuu and Tomu et al, I hope whoever truly deserves it gets in. It will be interesting to see who gets in (even Sakura).

18. Calani Yukimay

Calani Yukimay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Yeah.. This is what you call fairness. Akip should learn and make this kind of akb's own show and make it special unit like AKB Surprise which will contain very surprising members that we can never imagine, so the hardworking, talented yet underrated girls can have some spotlights. So many girls shine in this show and that's very great to see..

As far as I remember from prev season, classes won't do much to the elim round because in the end it's solely based on the votes. But it's indeed help your exposures, screentimes and make your image good to the viewers. Even if you're in an A class but you don't have much voters, you'll be eliminated. The next missions won't bother with classes anymore. It'll be done in very random members per units

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Soft subs

idk if there’s hardsubs yet, but for those who can’t wait lol
    All credits to the subbing team whoever made this.

• Like Like x 3
  20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Idol School, the survival show that created fromis_9, centers around making “nobodies” into idols, aka only non-trainees can participate. but that doesn’t mean 0 experience. Around a quarter of the contestants were former trainees with some even belonging to the big3 prior to the show. out of the ones that made it into fromis_9, only Gyuri & Nagyung have 0 training, whereas the others have spent some time as agency trainees or in dance schools. I’m guessing since fromis is also from mnet, mnet’s the one that asked for a fromis_9 member, and maybe requested for the one with 0 training experience for that “i debuted but lack training” narrative. Sending Nagyung would be a big of a gamble since she’s one of fromis_9’s face, and as it turns out, practically the center of DKDK (she’s literally the poster girl for their current comeback lmao), so the next best thing would be Gyuri. (Gyuri will definitely bring back lots of Akgaes with her if she manages to debut, and shutting them up would be a piece of cake with “stfu Gyuri barely even made it to fromis_9 just be glad she’s actually popular now”)

and yes, STAN FROMIS_9 STREAM DKDK ONEGAISHIMASU

Getting A is only good for pre-show exposure since the As get more spotlight on the MCD Pick Me perf (at least they’re supposed to lmao)