TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. sashioshi

sashioshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Like Like x 6
  2. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Watching this again, im even angier they robbed Jurina, Juri and Miru from A just to build up a climax and give it to Sakura.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It really depends on Mnet's editing.

Right now, there is already a Sohye and Sejong, these two get immense screentime from Mnet. That's Gaeun and Sakura.

Jurina unfortnately is not getting that at much compared to them and Mnet has not even developed an actual subplot for her. Her segment was just talking about how shes's a top member and then she is combined with the B-class 48G in the "Korean trainees and Japanese trainees work well together despite language barriers" segment and that's about it.

If you want me to be completely honest, from what I know, Koreans don't really like her style. They just find her too mature-looking and her appearance too "strong" for a girl group. However, Jurina has a lot of fangirls in Korea who are dedicated to voting for her everyday as well as casual fans who like her confidence. She also has name value so even if people don't know her much, they'll stick her in their votes because they don't remember anyone else in the show. If Mnet pushes her a bit more then that's what's important because at this point, this show is clearly going to consist a lot of public votes and they're gonna need a story to move them.

Regarding screentime....I think rather than just screentime, it's what they make of the screentime. Samuel had a ton of screentime last season but it's clearly useless with no storyline, just 100000 cuts of him saying "OH MY GOD"

Episode 1 was to emphasize the Korean trainees and Japanese trainees skill gap while giving appeal to CelebFive Teams, Noe, Yena, Starship, and Gaeun.
    Episode 2, even as a Sakura fan, anyone can see it was a "Please fall in love with Sakura" special. Almost everyone that were included in the same scene were just supporting characters for her.

Others who got screentime with some kind of subplot that I remember at least:
    - Juri ("i'm a koreaboo yeah" rip myao the og koreaboo)
    - Eriii (Sohye 2.0, cute baby who speaks in third person)
    - Miru (my goal is to make ppl laugh but oh no I can't keep up with training what will i do)
    tbh miru really should've played her kpop/reveluv card
    - Nako #JusticeForNako (i'm the dark horse that'll rise from F to A!)
    - Saho (a meme)

Another 48G I noticed who keeps getting a lot of screentime is Mogi Shinobu but they're not giving her a storyline so it's clear they're just using her for reactions. Her screentime has made almost no impact on her ranking.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Jurina got all the Korean trainees shook with her charisma, they seemed very impressed by her and wanted to even imitate the way she walks like a champ.

Maybe it's the speed subs not being detailed/accurate enough but they didn't really reveal what criticism BYJ had for her? She just said 'Jurina is popular in Japan but she's not exactly what we are looking for here?' Is it as others have said that she's just too 'strong' looking for a innocent/purepop K-pop group that Mnet wants? I find that hard to believe given Chungha, Doyeon and Pinky all are strong/fierce style performers too. Though I guess in real life they are all more cutesy/goofy compared to Jurina who can let loose as well but nearly always seems to have her 'charisma' aura on. I thought May J was going to give constructive criticism as well but all she said was that Jurina dances better than most of the other Japanese trainees.

5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

definitely in omfg watching the show made me stan her! so much charisma, very friendly with everyone and she's funny and not over-hyped. Her getting B didn't feel rigged either. I think the Japanese girls that are definitely in for now are Sakura, Jurina and Noeppi. Would love to have Saho, Ikumin and Erii in as well.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I wonder if the Sakura special treatment will do her good or bad in the long run? She got a lot of screentime so people definitely noticed her, but I'm not sure if they'll be annoyed by the obvious push or not. As we have seen in 48G obvious push sometimes backfires (Hana :whistle:) but I don't know about Korean audiences.

As a person who is not a particular fan of Sakura (rather than disliking her, I'm just kinda "whatever" about her) I was impressed by her fast learning speed for the choreo and Korean lyrics. She's still not really my type of idol but I hope she and other 48G members do well and don't get hate from the Korean public.

7. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    That is so heartwarming. I'm loving the idea of Jurina having fangirls screaming over her [hehe]

I've only been interested in Korean idols for one month or so but so far I don't think they have the Japanese mindset of: She is pushed more than others who deserve, let's hate her.
    So far I don't think there is much to criticise in her 'storyline', but sure I'd love to see more of her interactions with other members. Cause the Korean fans probably don't know she's too shy and see her as a fiery and hardworking girl who hates to lose (much like Jurina but without the confidence)

And about the dancing and stuff, she probably worked reeally hard, without getting hardly any sleep, memorising both lyrics & practicing the dance until she raised it to a level that she herself would accept. Because that's who Sakura is. She might not have the 'talent' for dancing or singing like the others, but she gives her ultimate best, she works twice as hard to fill the gap.

• Like Like x 5
  8. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    As someone who has only been watching the 48G cuts, I'm interested in learning more about Korean trainees. Which ones are worth watching? The blond hair one who sat in the #1 seat caught my attention except they haven't shown her much. Which other ones should I look out for?

9. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    They have their chance to get there in reevaluation and Miru is showing she doesn't belong in A

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I just hope Sakura stops crying from now on (unless she places #1 in any of the weekly rankings). Have some more confidence and pride in yourself as one of 48G's aces and the first P48 center!

Speaking of crying they never showed the actual clip of Jurina tearing up from the Ep 2 preview during the episode. We did see her possibly crying during the B rank training but from the overlayed audio at that moment it sounded like she was crying because she felt bad for misunderstanding the Koreans of all things. Maybe she was sad because she thought she'd ruined her chances of getting Korean girlfriends.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Choi Yena seems to be a MNET favorite (for which I-m truly grateful :cute:), I hope the one you noticed, Park Seo Young, won't be evil edited because she is an interesting dancer and I want to see more from her (though she looks ambitious and that can backfire) Lee Chaeyeon is another favorite, thought she wasn't in ep 2 much; she comes from previous shows so she's well known. She's also very talented and I'd like to see her debut before she's 90 years old, thank you very much lol

Truthfully, there's so much talent there that I managed to chose 6 k-trainees for my temporary list, yet I'm keeping my eyes on twenty and some of them, hoping they wouldn't be edited out too much.
    Choosing is already so hard

A question though: how it works with rap? While K-trainees are already sort of rappers, 48s just play with it from time to time (Juri comes to mind) so would the "rapper spot" in the group go to a korean girl for sure?

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Since it all is fan vote it can turn out that there are no rappers in the final group, but yes the girls doing rap will probably end up being Korean. The Chinese show Idol Producer ended up with only one true vocalist for example

• Like Like x 2
  13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Well, since the final group is supposed to be active in both Korea and Japan, I assume rap will be in both languages (depending on the song) too. So unless that rap girl is really bilingual (we have seen some Korean trainees fluent in Japanese, but not most of them) rapping in Japanese would be pretty hard, so I guess having a Japanese rapper would be good. Maybe one of the 48 girls have a secret talent in rap? Just because they haven't had a chance to show it off in 48G songs doesn't mean they actually can't do it, especially with some proper training.

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    someone will mention Erii in
    :awesome:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    rapper = eriii aka 47 prefectures in 13 seconds
    she needs to debut and then prove her worth on unpretty rapstar season 4
    -
    actually tho i heard that yujin is also a rapper? yena also seems to be a all-rounder

• Like Like x 4
  16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Hot favourites are Lee Kaeun (After School member who has not been active for 5 years), Ahn Yujin (Famous for being in a contact lense CM) and Kwon Eunbi (Woolim's leader).

My personal favourites are talentless visuals Kim Minju and Kang Hyewon, Chaeyeon lookalike Lee Sian, Season 1 contestant Kim Sihyun, Loona reject Go Yu Jin and ultra tall baby Jang Won Young.

There are too many awesoem ladies, I can't just chose 12. They better give us an undergirls!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Miru and the rest of her NMB cohorts kinda "cheated" by dancing their latest single, since that means they've had hours and hours of recent practice more than the other 48G girls.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. TiduShoko

TiduShoko Member

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Twitter:
    TiduAura
    I'm the only one who think I missed a lot of girls during the training of Nekkoya? Like Hasegawa Rena or Yamada Noe for example? Where are they??

19. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    NGT had a concert they went back to Japan to during this time in April

20. pikachuwei

pikachuwei Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Wasn't Yokubomono out by then?

• Like Like x 5