TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    oh wow.. Hitomi, Miu, and Serika performed the Korean version of KARA's Mister, and did a pretty decent job. Mnet was like nope they're going to mess with our narrative.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I noticed that too and I'm not a mako oshi (though I like her very much) On the other hand her screen time in ep1 has been fair if not better than others... so I'm willing to give MNET 1 or 2 eps before getting angry about it.
    My worry is that if they give Mako or anyone else more screen time, they aren't gonna to take it from people who already get more, but from other trainees who already get less...

The usual mess lol

On the bright side, Mako should have a somehow solid fanbase in Korea so let's hope that will help her.
    I'll watch the 1st eva video later, I don't think it's gonna change my faves, though I'm pretty sure I'm gonna add some more to keep an eye on. lol

3. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I know this post is from 2 pages before but I wanted to add something as a girl in my 20s who goes to a lot of AKB related stuff (HS events, concerts, theater - mostly in Kanto area). I have already met plenty of other girls who like AKB and go to their events, both Japanese and foreigners (mostly Chinese). Some of them I met at the said events, some online, some I literally met at my university... So female fans definitely are there, the ones that I know are in their late teens to 20s but I've seen older women at events as well. However, the majority of those female fans mostly go to HS events and 2 shot events (2 shot events are particularly popular with female fans) but not so much concerts and theater. So when you go to the theater it's usually 200+ middle aged guys and just a few women and younger people, but at HS events the ratio improves. It also depends on the member, for example Jurina's lane is often 1/3 girls, Sasshi, Sayanee, Yukirin etc. also have a decent number of female fans but Sakura's lane mostly seems to be middle aged men (I've never went to her HS personally but that's what I saw when I looked at her lane from outside).

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Is this serious or sarcasm? Or are you confusing Hangul with the Korean language? Because you can learn Hangul like in a day, they've got less individual letters than the Latin alphabet and once you figure out the system of how you put them together, you're done. I don't know Korean at all but I learned Hangul really quickly.

I think it always depends what people put down as their talents (singing or dancing?). That's why Moekyun got an F, as far as I know she said her special skill was singing and then she didn't sing at all. I don't know what Mako put down as her skill, but I think dance-wise they were about the same but Juri sang a bit better (you can hear that especially when they sing "My love is on fire" as they both do that once each).

Myao is really good. You can see her speak Korean in her introduction video and in Episode 2, she's put into a room with a few Koreans and she talks to them.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't have a video of the dorm room scene though, you gotta find that yourself in the last episode :^^;:

5. GATX105

GATX105 Member

^
    Thanks - I had a feeling that was the case. Good to know. Although the role of liking korean things seems to have been assigned by mnet to juri.

Ithebigc is probably the right person to contradict or affirm (if he cares to do so) so let’s leave it at that. But I’m curious what to you, is a middle aged man?

I think there might be more younger people in the afternoon to evening slots but I haven’t been to enough events to make such a generalization.

6. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    They did a decent job I think. But more interestingly...do they actually know BYJ is the choreographer of that song. :hehe:
    If no, well...what a coincidence. If they know, I give them slow claps for the bravery. :approve:
    Imagine what BYJ was thinking, seeing 3 2001-born Japanese chibis, sing and dance to a hit song you helped to create in Korean language to be judged in a survival show in Korea :D

• Like Like x 5
  7. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    To me, middle aged man is at least late 30s, though most of the guys I've seen were in their 40s or 50s. I've seen older guys too, but yeah, I'd say most are 40s to 50s (or at least they looked like that to me - note, I'm European and spent most of my life in Europe, although I live in Japan now and had a lot of contact with Asians in my univeristy even before I came to Japan). I've been waiting in a lane directly next to Sakura's 2 or 3 times before, and when I looked at her queue, there were almost no girls, probably 1 in 20 fans were female. Again, I don't know if this is a general rule or not and as with most members, there's probably more girls for 2 shot events too.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    So they literally uploaded all the performances except NakoMiku’s... I don’t think tonari no banana has such suggestive lyrics that it would grant them a ban, specially considering all the Korean songs and performances we’ve seen, there’s gotta be more suggestive or even explicit than tonari no banana, but I don’t know the Korean songs so I’m just speculating based on the VERY insinuating moves some other young girls performed...

If anything I’d say it could have something to do with either Miku’s injury (maybe she fell or something happened at the performance), or maybe it was just so sad that it would ruin Nako’s storyline to show her performing something so silly... I can see why tonari no banana would get an F, based on previous NakoMiku performance of that song, it’s just too simplistic and doesn’t bring out their best quality (charisma).

9. HappySakuraHappy

HappySakuraHappy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Doesn’t that honestly depends on the person though? While I learned how to read Hangul in like 2-3 days & I can read it, that doesn’t mean I can read it with as much ease as I can Japanese (which I’m still bad at). But if you give me a fast sentence vocally I can recite it right away. I doubt they thrust the girls into reading Hangul right away though (and even if they did, they probably found a way to make it easier on them since reading in large portions isn’t exacglg easy).

10. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Haha, I was wondering whether you thought the japanese that were older than you seemed much older to you. I’ve been to 2 but had tickets for multiple time slots and there weren’t many females during those events too. But I guess I didn’t go during senior citizens day or something so I did not see the hundreds of 40 and 50 year olds in sakura’s lane that you did. Actually, I didn’t think there were hundreds of 40 and 50 year olds in the entire event. But I can only speak for the events that I went to so other times could certainly be different.

But yah this has little to do with the show so moving on, I hope the 40 and 50 year old koreans watching PD48 vote for sakura —- j/k.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    I got Korean language lesson (including learning Hangul word) when I was in high school, and for me is more difficult than learning Japanese with Katakana-Hiragana-Kanji. Like, I'n always confused between lots of Korean word and the only Hangul letter that I could remember is 인피니트 :fear:
    I think it depends to people's preference since there's people who can learn Korean language in a short time. Not sure about 48G, since all of them are juggling between stage, HS, MV shooting, TV, and school stuff (except Myao, but it's because she had been learning Korean language for long time).

Staff probably write the Korean lyric in Katakana so the members can read the Korean lyrics easily. But still, the pronunciation is important so they should get some Korean language lesson before went to SK. Same for K-agency trainees, they probably got the Japanese lyrics in Hangul since they probably haven't learned any Kanji/Hanja from the school.

Hiichan's unit is actually pretty decent, even better than JuriSaku solo. I wonder why Mnet didn't aired that... and instead, Mnet decided to show HKT and YukatanCocona duet (well both of then were messed up) :fp: I mean, their bodyroll move are better than Sakura's :fear:
    So for personal ranking:
    Miyu's > Hiichan's = Juri's >> Jurina (Dear J is one of my fave 48G songs) = NGT (I admit that they chose a good song) > NMB >>> Sakura >> Ikumin-Odaeri >>> Myao's >>> Erii's >>> HKT = Yukatan-Cocona

Also, if you think NakoMiku's first evaluation wasn't uploaded because the lyrics is very suggestive, Hyuna's Lip & Hip lyrics is very suggestive too :fear:

12. PucuCuang

PucuCuang Kenkyuusei

I get it. this is really a reality show.

They want to show that during evaluation that somehow korean trainees performance are better, even Dai-Senpai like Jurina only got B. However this evaluation was not always about performance. They made a bet that putting Sakura in class A was worth it. <NB : Sakura's Kuroi-Tenshi during evaluation had different choreography with 48G standard Kuroi-Tenshi Choreography>. Sakura successfully demonstrated her potential regardless of her overall performance. Also, many of 48girls managed to reverse the situation in the re-evaluation giving the koreans pressure to guard their rank. They even purposely showing Sakura was able to dance while singing the two language. furthermore, somewhat I feel that they want to emphasize rivalry between Sakura Vs Ga Eun ; Hitomi vs Eun Chae.

what a drama.....

13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    @sakurappu Wait.. this -> 인피니트 is just ONE letter??? :eek::eek::eek:

Hitomi wasn't fitting with the starting Jurina/Sakura SuperRivalAces narrative so.... (Hoepfully she's another one whom will be given more screentime from now on)

I wonder if MNET and AKS are willing to change the narrative itself if some of the other girls rise up though....
    and it would be greeat to know how much YT video change voters' perspective, if they do at all.

14. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Technically, it's suppose to be the easiest to learn because that's why it was made. The King wanted to make it easier for the lower class to learn how to read and write because Chinese was too hard. But again, it depends on the people. The actual language is much harder than Hangul though, that is for sure. I grew up speaking it but it's still difficult for me to understand some parts.

I think some of the 48G will definitely be able to speak it well enough by the end of debut promos if they put their mind to it, a lot of foreign idols speak Korean to a conversational level and read it fluently by a year (even if the accent is still pretty prominent).

lmao no it's one full word. one letter would be "ㅇ", one syllable would be "인" It's like Chinese characters with the English alphabet system. There are letters but you create a word block by block.

I hope they give hitomi some screentime as well ;-; I fell for her after that episode and more after seeing the full version of their evaluation....wish Mnet aired it but because of their stupid narrative :/

• Like Like x 2
  15. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    1 word, not 1 letter. It means "Infinite".

Learning Korean is a lot more easier than Japanese. Back then, Korean also used Chinese language system as their own, but the Chinese language is extreme difficult to the point that the normal Korean citizens didnt know how to read and write. And b/c they didnt know how to write/read, they couldnt change their social status, they couldnt learn how to farm/plant in effective way through books, etc... After seeing all those things, King Sejong The Great, invented the Hangul language system, an extreme easy to use and to learn language system, so that his people could have a better life. That's why, among 3 of the ideograms (Chinese, Korean, Japanese), Hangul is the easiest language to learn.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    lmao, thanks guys. I was starting to worry about how easy could hangul be if that was just one letter :^^;:

17. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Fortunately, Boombayah’s one of the easiest. It’s just Erii would have troubles with the choreo since it requires you to be extremely big with your moves while Erii always looks like she’s gonna break her twig arms everytime she waves it

18. Dubkau

Dubkau Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Rose's high note seems hard af too...
    But overall I agree the choreo isn't the hardest. Peek-a-Boo's is way more difficult.

19. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    @Dill I'm sorry, I mean a word -and it's not even Korean word lol

But why I said that Hangul (and Korean) are harder than Japanese because they are lot of letters who almost identical but actually have different sound (ex: ㅓwith ㅏ, ㅕ, and ㅑ) so I'm always mixed up between those, and one syllable contains 2-4 letters so it's more difficult to read it. That's different than katakana and hiragana which for me are easier. I guess why most people say that learning Korean is easier because they don't need to memorize all of kanji/hanja letter (which is used in Japanese and Chinese).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Got to agree. But I wished them luck on Gfriend and Red Velvet dances.
    But from what I see, they are pretty kind of merciful this time round.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk