Kubo Shiori (Kubochan) / 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Members' started by kanjo, Oct 12, 2016.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Yeah that one. Knowing the situation, I have mixed feeling watching this episode. Looking at her, kept thinking what kind of health problem. I really hope it's not that bad. But then, this could be the last episode for her before taking her leave. I honestly don't want to think about it. All I know is she'll be back healthy and even better for the next single.
    BTW @eternalord , take it easy and get well yourself, it's true that health is wealth.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Thank you my friend, I am pretty much recovered now :blush:

In the wake of Kubochan's hiatus, Realsound released a really nice article about her, which I find translate-worthy. An understatement, I actually find this article pretty rad.
    Nogizaka46 Kubo Shiori, Breaking the status quo with sheer ability – Looking back at her activities full of ‘love’ for others

In summer 2016, a young lady, who had the thought of ‘I am nothing’, took the Nogizaka46 3rd generation audition. However, this drive of ‘With just love towards Nogizaka46, I won’t lose’ appeared within her. Of course, there are a lot of applicants with overflowing love for Nogizaka46, but this girl’s seriousness who is repeating to watch TV broadcast, propagating to her classmates with the talk about ‘life with Nogizaka46’, found it’s place in the heart of viewers. Kubo Shiori, advancing to final examination.

During her elementary school days, Kubo spent her time in the classroom ‘becoming the air’ (note: not standing out, blending with the environment just like air). Even though at third grade of elementary school she started to become a cheerleader for Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles where she found ‘the joys of dancing in front of public’, as she entered junior high school ‘the internal fight to be unnoticed’ continued on.

It was Nogizaka46 that changed her. Ever since ‘CDTV Special! New Year’s Eve Premiere Live 2014->2015’ (TBS) that was broadcast at December 31st 2014, where ‘Nandome no Aozora ka’ was performed (Inoue Sayuri served as center as the substitute for Ikuta Erika), she became captivated, she tried her best to record every program where Nogizaka46 appeared in, becoming determined to create copies of the videos to be watched again from time to time.

Kubo who couldn’t stop her Nogizaka46 fever started to propagate Nogizaka46 in her school, and with that, at 2nd year of junior high she changed from ‘air’ to ‘the person who loves Nogizaka46’.

September 4th 2016, Kubo passed Nogizaka46 3rd generation audition. At the provisional position she was selected to be front member, and earned special award from four media at ‘Publisher Collaboration Special Project Award’. It soon became a situation where she shouldered high expectations from her surroundings. However, during the performances at ‘Omitatekai’ that was held at Nippon Budokan in December, whilst Ozono Momoko, Yamashita Mizuki, and Yoda Yuki served as centers in their respective songs, Kubo didn’t sing at the center position. In this event, she declared, “I will change!”

When the real activities of Nogizaka46 began, Kubo broke down the current situation with her true ability. In the stage ‘3-nin no Principal’ that was held in February 2017, she passionately appealed for the first act, and being chosen for the second act, she sang with unimaginable voice volume that was very different from her usual whispering voice, and she showed acting ability so high you wouldn’t think she has no experience before. As the result, she appeared in 11 performances for second act, the highest from all members. This lead to a beautiful rivalry relationship with Yamashita who was selected in 10 performances.

At 3rd gen independent Live held in May, Kubo sang ‘Nandome no Aozora ka’ with piano accompaniment by Ozono at the back. That beautiful voice reverberated inside the hearts of every people who watched the performance. Through this performance Kubo discovered that ‘I like singing’, and the desire of ‘I want to sing more’ became stronger. Her singing skill is acknowledged, in the 19th single, she was selected to duet with Ikuta Erika for the song ‘Atarashii Kafun ~Musical [Mishiranu Sekai] yori’, and in NHK ‘Utacon’ that was broadcast in April this year, she sang ‘Saraba Siberia Tetsudou (lit. Farewell Siberia Railroad)’ with Ikuta and Eto Misa.

In the stage ‘Migoroshi Hime’ in October 2017, her acting ability evolved further. She handled obsolete words that were mixed with long lines which were difficult even for professional performers boldly and easily, and the director Matsumura Takeshi gave a rave review ‘This girl’s ability, from my point of view, is very high leveled’, ‘I think she’s a genius’ (taken from ‘OVERTURE’ 013). The stage ‘Sannin Shimai’ in January 2018 was an esoteric drama, but she showed a play that kept you at the edge of your seat, even when faced against Eto and Ito Junna who have plenty of acting experience.

Even though singing and acting did her results, Kubo’s greatest weapon was still her love. When she watched the performance of 8 people from her same generation at stage ‘Hoshi no Oujo-sama’ her tears wouldn’t stop, and when she had a dialogue with Saito Asuka she told her with her quick mouth about the beauty of Asuka’s neck and right foot movements. In March this year, during the special internet program “Nogizaka 46 hours TV” she explained Nogizaka46 MV from her maniacal point of view such as ‘Ikuta-san’s nose wrinkle’ and ‘the way costumes get wet’. Of course, her love for fans is also deep.

That love was always directed at others, not to herself. It can be said that a saint has borrowed the figure of an idol. Kubo has a big loving capacity. She poured love in every activity she takes.

On June 30th, Kubo announced that she will be absent from 21st single activities and ‘Summer Tour 2018’. It is a decision taken in order to continue her activities as a Nogizaka46 member in the future. For Kubo whose talent blooms at high speed, I think it’s necessary to slow down the pace a bit in order to shine in the entertainment world 5 or 10 years from now.

Kubo says, “There are stories for each of every seniors who are active now. Some get their turning point at a specific timing, and the others stack it up little by little. Because I am a 3rd generation member, maybe it’s wrong to follow the same path as someone else. I wonder if I can have my own new way” (taken from EX Taishu Oct 17). I want to keep watching over this girl, whichever form the way she walks in.

We are currently in the midst of 6th Birthday Live, being held at two venues at once, Jingu and Chichibunomiya. First day, July 6th, member names' hata (flag) were erected in front of Jingu...
    photo_2018-07-08_14-51-57.jpg photo_2018-07-08_14-52-01.jpg
    It's just a small thing, but this means so much. Kubo oshis were saddened and enraged.
    But don't worry my friend, on the next day July 7th (and today too, July 8th)...
    photo_2018-07-08_15-09-50.jpg photo_2018-07-08_15-09-54.jpg
    It's there! Standing proudly between big names.

And one more thing. 6th BDL first day... Kubochan was there at Jingu. As a spectator.
    She was seated amongst Sony stakeholders, and that guy beside her was supposedly Konno Yoshio (you know who)
    To watch her fellow members especially third gens performing when she herself doesn't participate must be...

But she didn't attend the July 7th concert and maybe today too.

Note: In the end of Mirai no Kotae performance on July 7th, where Mizuki stood as solo center, she shouted Kubochan's name. Beautiful.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. NyanNyan's Pet

I wonder why are my eyes watering all of a sudden.
    Nice read, thanks for sharing.

4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thanks for the translation! It somehow gave me hope that everything will turn out all right in the end. She managed a lot in a short time, and now it's time to change that pace in order to be able to keep going.

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^ She looks so well in that video. I wonder what's the deal. But hopefully whatever is keeping her from doing Nogi lives and stuff doesn't keep her from doing things like this. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

7. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
  8. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Thank you!

So glad this come true. Based on articles, we're getting the videos starting next week, 7 in total;
    July 17th - 'Hitome Senbonzakura (A thousand cherry blossoms at a glance)' edition (note: Shiroishi River![the kanji is the exact same as Shiraishi])
    Last 10 days of July - 'Rakuten Eagles' edition
    First 10 days of August - 'Rakuten Eagles Cheer School' edition
    Second 10 days of August - 'Zao' edition (note: Zao is the name of a town in Miyagi)
    with next videos announced later.

That's what I was thinking. But the question is, when was this filmed? Does this mean Kubochan is back with her activities?
    Seeing the video and promotional photos,
    DhtBr9EU0AAAyOG.jpg DhtDN2CU8AEyRz_.jpg DhtBsgjUEAIbwjL.jpg DhtBtCsUwAA25TQ.jpg DhtBzjdVQAAqDzo.jpg
    I am familiar with this one
    DhtBtoPUcAA9y7f.jpg
    because the outfit, is apparently the same with this photo
    DaopbguVMAArVpJ.jpg
    which was from Synchro-zaka tweets, back in April. My deduction is, as the image itself was tweeted in April 12th, the filming must be taken before that or on the same day.

So, maybe, no, Kubochan isn't back yet...

Antis, seeing this promotion and thinking they got an opening, brainlessly attack 'Look at her didn't want to perform at BDL yet taking this kind of job outside'.
    Boi, I am starting to think they are just kids who are lacking love from their respective families. I pity them.

Sharing, sharing
    photo_2018-07-11_08-57-00.jpg photo_2018-07-11_09-11-49.jpg
    Kubochan in yukata, is the best Kubochan.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mas Hir

Mas Hir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    Twitter:
    h2umi
    LOL,Too many antis say that www,they didn't see the Sakura Tree

10. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    A happy and healthy Birthday Kubo-chan!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Kubo-chan :ome::ome:

[​IMG]

source

12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Happy Birthday My Beloved Kubo. :ome:

13. NyanNyan's Pet

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHIORIN!!!
    Stay happy & be back healthy
    See you on the next single...

14. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    :ome:SEVENTEEN!:ome:
    Happy birthday and be healthy, kid. Get back on your feet and shine again like you always do. No, brighter.
    Take your time as much as you need.

Just going to put some fanarts celebrating this
    Dh_lvoHVQAAY3_d.jpg Dh_o26oV4AItylh.jpg Dh_zVv7V4AExzuY.jpg DiAJYbRUYAEQyO1.jpg
    sources 1 2 3 4

And this special one,
    photo_2018-07-13_19-02-48.jpg
    which is printed as a large poster and being put in Nogizaka station, Chiyoda line, until July 19th
    photo_2018-07-13_17-51-07.jpg
    Seems like it is a project by Kubo Shiori Chinese Support Team. Great work guys! Thank you very much.

The words they put in is,
    夢の芽はいつか大樹になる。[Yume no me wa itsuka taiju ni naru.]
    "The sprout of dream will someday become a huge tree."

For anyone wondering, looks like this art is especially tailored to respond to Kubochan's official birthday T-shirt design of this year,
    5b0eb6b181ea0.jpg 5b0eb6b16e7b8.jpg

Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  15. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Happy birthday. Best wishes that you will soon be back to doing all the things you love.
    :ome:

16. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Happy birthday Kubo-chan

17 years old today

17. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    • Like Like x 2
  18. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Thank you!

This is what she said,
    17歳になりました
    いつも応援ありがとうございます
    はなのseventeen笑顔で楽しく頑張りたいと思います
    これからも応援よろしくお願いします
    I became 17 years old
    Thank you for always supporting me
    I want to do my best and have fun with smiles at the beginning of (age) seventeen
    From now on too, please give me your support

• Like Like x 2
  19. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Happy 17th birthday Kubochan!!! :ome:

We continue to hope she gets better soon as each day progresses!

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

7-16-2018

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 3