TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    That explains why the 48g girls in the other groups all finished last.

Oh, wait....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Ratings are out. It’s 2.5 nationally but still had a small drop if you count hundredths.

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I just checked and it dropped again. 2.48% for national viewership this week.

Metropolitan viewership (Seoul area) is 3.0% though so that’s pretty okay

I didn’t even get to watch because my cartilage piercing got infected and I had to get it removed :(

I heard that the general consensus from viewers through Naver comments is that YuehuaPledisStarship gets too much screentime (they call it YuePleStar48), Miru should’ve gotten some more screentime (rise miru rise), and that the show is getting more boring every episode

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I think you mean "Hold my melon juice"

• Winner Winner x 26
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Are people still expecting Gaeun? She's honestly really boring to me. The more I see other girls the less interesting she gets.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Asai Nanami seems to really have a following in Korea. Her subway advertisement is up. :) I really hope she survives but kinda doubtful that she will. She didn't shine as much in the latest episode

Source

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  7. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    imo if you take away backstory and just look at all the members performance skills only, Gaeun doesn't seem like anything special to me either. However her ability to speak Japanese is nice and her long experience seems to give her a particular appeal to a lot of people.
    A friend told me that through all the years her group has been inactive she's still kept up with fans and posted regularly so she's dedicated for sure and that's probably why she's still so popular.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

Yeah, she's easy to overlook...if that makes sense. I feel like some of the trainees (such as Gaeun) get a lot of sympathy votes, but the idea of girls getting voted in that way is kind of off-putting to me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Gaeun just doesn't seem that special to me? I mean, she's fine, but she's not really a standout talent at anything in particular or one of the prettiest. She's.... perfectly adequate, as far as I can tell, but I don't really see her as a center. I'm suspect that if it wasn't for her backstory she'd be around the middle of the ranks instead of on top.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Gaeun more like leader for me, that's her strong suit on this show

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Dancing wise she's also more sharp, but when you got other 50 girls to watch, it becomes something you can easily overlook or "don't feel" I guess. She's not one of my faves, but the experience she has in respect to the others is plain as the sun. Plus, like someone said, she's willing to spend her time/energies on fans... something everyone appreciates when it comes to 48s.
    I think she's one of those people the other would follow instinctively, but when it comes to being the center, they always chose another type of girl. Dunno, perhaps she should build up her "character" on that.

About the show giving more space to korean trainees, that was one of the worries I read here a lot in the beginning. Before the majority of us knew how it worked korean industry and before 48s members had a lot of actuall screentime and votes.

Personally, I think MNET and Friends are considering way more 48s members than they had planned to in the beginning, and I hope against hope that Hitomi and Moe will make it (Nako, I'm almost sure, at this point) but... japanese members have a job and wotas to go back to (I think Team B is actually waiting for Juri, but I could be wrong, I didn't check it lately) while for korean girls this could really be the difference between making it or not.
    So, I'm a bit biased. I want those ktrainees get at least fair screentime.

Yet MNET needs to keep pushing their choices; Yena, Kaeun, Ahn Yuijin, Wonyoung, Sakura, it has been like that since episode 1, it's a bit late to get angry about it, isn't it? Or it's unfair only when it affect people we support?

Miru I liked a lot, the concept and song really suited her and since the fancam should be up soon I think her votes will go up anyway.
    I never appreciated the fact MNET does everything to spoiler me, but posting fancams between the competition episodes surely raises up everyone chances. Miu, Miyu and Sae weren't show yet, but I think the views of their videos will be quite high anyway. (and the general amount of votes is impressive)

Menawhile I'm quite sure Kim Doah kissed her chances goodbye with her speech in last episode.... now I'm really hoping in that FENT group

• Like Like x 2
  12. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    The problem with Gaeun is that it's so difficult to imagine her sharing a group with the current and the potential top 12. They don't fit her image (or Gaeun doesn't fit theirs) and she looks way too different. Eunbi and Chaeyeon are amazing dancers and can pull sexy and darker concepts, but they still mantain that freshness to pull cute concepts as well. I don't know how she is going to blend, because it's pretty obvious she will make it into the top 12.

About airtime for the Koreans, I think it also has to do with the fact that most japanese trainees (at least the popular ones) haven't performed yet. Let's see how it goes next week, but i'm expecting a lot of Nako screentime. I think it's fair that they give more screentime to more popular members tbh, their ultimate goal is to create a group full of popular girls that can see some success outside of the show. You have some girls getting millions of views, getting intense promo campaigns etc, obviously they have their reasons to give some girls more screentime. Of course it's unfair when a trainee has potential to be popular but gets ignored by MNet, like Miyu.

Also, it's unfair that those who got their performance aired yesterday will have a full week of post-episode hype + fancams while the others will have just a few hours of votes after the episode airs but what can you do. I also don't quite get why they showed Nako and Wonyoung as contenders for #1 this early, there are still many days to vote and i feel like this will only serve as a waking call for the other girls' fans to vote for their favourite members. And also the important vote will start once they change from "pick 12" to "pick 1", that's how they will decide who debuts on the final episode.

• Like Like x 2
  13. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

Lowkey agree. I loved it when she appeared alongside Jurina tho. Their force together was impressive.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. xPLyRGz48

xPLyRGz48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Not really a big fan of Gaeun but when watching the show, I see her as someone who is so optimist and you can feel that she is genuinely happy when it's other people being praised. I don't know, just a hunch maybe. As stated before, whatever concept will it be, she will be a great leader to the group.

And now, we have the birth of the new position, "Innocent Rapper"

if the video does not show watch the video here
    I'm really rooting for her now.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Yeah, you're probably right and in some way this would explain why I'm not so interested in her. In another context, with another concept her presence would work perfectly; like this there's always that lingering feeling of something off, even though she has all the qualities to succeed.
    Like @wetpantsu said though, she was great near Jurina. Those two could have made an hell of a group.
    And she'll probably be a great leader regardless of the concept.

Hyewon did well and most important (for me) had the guts to try. I'm lowkey rooting for her too, but if she ends up in the final group I want another more strong rapper in it, like Minyoung.
    Speaking of them, if this was a battle group and not a position competition, her group would have slayed. I still have goosebump everytime I listen to them.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Idk about ya’ll but Satomina deserves a praise. Her vocal improvement when she sang Nekkoya on episode 2 to singing MeriKuri on episode 6 is praiseworthy. Nanami’s voice too. I love hearing their voices on their natural form <3

Hyewon and Satomina interactions though :hehe:
    S: Kang-chan please show us your rap~
    H:
    S: Kang-chan rap juseyo~
    H:
    S: 1, 2, 3!
    H: /starts rapping/
    S: Kang-chan kakkoi!!
    H: I’ll do anything Minami asks me to do.

:cute::cute::cute:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
  17. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

OMFG IKR THIS WAS SO CUTE. Satomina please make it through another round.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. chiara_t

chiara_t Kenkyuusei

Gaeun is a very skilled dancer imo and nice all-rounder, including japanese skill. It's just that she's 24 that she doesn't stand out as much compared to the young stars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. PP22

PP22 Kenkyuusei

Are they considered good audiences? I find it really low

20. jheadz

jheadz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Yes its good considering its a cable channel