Single Keyakizaka46 7th [Ambivalent] (2018/08/15)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jul 5, 2018.

1. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu

I usually really live the coupling song atleast but this time don’t really feel it. I don’t even feel
    Interested in seeing it live but I think it’s cause of the bad recording. Maybe in the studio but still idk

2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I don't mind student dance. It is similar to Scout Man, but Scout Man is way better imo as a song. The Aura song? Happy Aura? It's alright, but not the best Hiragana song out there.

3. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I actually like Student Dance after seeing the MV, but I disagree with it sounding like Scout Man (maybe because I find Scout Man to be the best song so far in 2018). Happy Aura is nice too. Katoshi being center is really the best part of it, and Nibu got a lot of screentime.

I'm pretty easy to please musically wise though, haha.

• Like Like x 2
  4. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Student dance has a melody from early 2000's club pop but the sound has a lot of similarities to Scout Man. I noticed it on the first listen.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    lol just saw on mobame Rina saying 3-4 seconds(and throughout the song) into Student Dance there's someone saying something that sounds like "UEMURA" [hehe]

6. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Waiting for 4 other songs for this single. Habupon unit, nerukoikeozek unit, zuu solo and kanji i'm out.

Based on the ambivalent, student dance and also happy aura and HS, do you guys have a prediction the number sales for the first day and first week??? Last single was more 800k right? And hitted 1 million after several weeks.

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    So curious about the other songs, especially Zuumin's solo and PonHabu duo.. And it's already next week.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Student Dance, huh?
    I couldn't finish watching/listening.

And that's three songs I find boring (or bad) in this single.

*sigh*

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. tmfce

tmfce Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okamura Minami
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Yeah, I agree.
    But this is pure keyaki sound, Student Dance is not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I love it. I love their voices on this one.

Between 2:30 and 2:47 it's party time, this hard beat kills me lol it doesn't really suit the song but why not.

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

New Kanji official pics now on official site, and also on my members page. The members page is intended to be a useful cheat-sheet, especially for new fans: one page with pic, data, brief info for all members of both Kanji and Hiragana.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shida and Aoi are still in the list, but with old pics. Imaizumi has a new pic.

I find I'm Out really easy to like. Student Dance is more difficult, in various ways. I wonder if it was included as a piece to show off their dancing to other dancers. Anyway, both music and dancing seem like art to me. I may not love it yet, but I do admire it. There's a supposed quote from Ikoma Rina where she says it fills her with emotion (胸熱 muneatsu "chest hot"). The source seems to quote from her Instagram, but I don't see the quote in her actual Instagram, only in an "unofficial" Instagram. So I don't know if she actually said it or not.

I've been watching a good version of the Rock In Japan Ambivalent and I'm coming to think it's a classic performance. They may not have every move totally down yet, but it has such a vivid spirit. Hirate is just different: the singleness of her attitude never wavers. Pon is good, but keeps defaulting to that cute smile. Monta tries, but the intensity is on the surface (and in her great dancing). With Hirate, the power rises from inside. Overall, the front row is fantastic -- and the whole group is a unit again. It seems to me.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

• Like Like x 3
  14. hajimetal

hajimetal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Oh yeah, definitely prefer I'm Out over Student Dance. I'm Out would have had a great MV.

Also I just read the lyrics to Student Dance, and now I'm even more disappointed in it. A lot of Keyaki members-and their fans- are underage. I expected so much better, especially from Keyaki. Should have just stuck to songs like Mou Mori and Eccentric. At least their lyrics were more meaningful.

I mean... maybe I'm freaking out too much but... after reading the lyrics I can't watch the MV the same way again, especially that Risa/Techi part :/

Attached Files:

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, no. You're reaching.
    The lyrics are just bad. Passion Dance and Sexy Pose are cringe-worthy moments because they're tacky, but that's about it.

16. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    ahah its good if it shocks you :D
    13 of 18 members who sing that song are 20+yo.

This is more a song about being rebel and searching for freedom than just something about :censored:

"At High school in the midnight, catapulted over the fence, stole into school grounds"
    "Keep teachers out, we don't need text books, discard school regulations"
    "Parents don't know, my room is empty, rebellious moon night"
    "If you're forced to be obedient, cut strings, marionette. I wanted to believe in freedom"

During RiJ, Techi (youngest member) put her hand on her temple like if it was a gun (https://imgur.com/cJPybd7). I don't think she's quite shocking about this song after what she is singing/doing since she's 14.

I actually like the song more now, the rebellious side is growing.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    I like I'm out

nijika's profile pics are always breathtaking
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. glsone

glsone Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. shiranui

shiranui Kenkyuusei

kinda agreed, lots of comments about their erotic lyrics, but IMO their seifuku didnt give any sexual vibes. its more like a clockwork orange themed vibes :D

and techi's decomposition shot is just awesome!

Djzo0ybV4AIaQp2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2