Shitao Miu (Miu)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    The girl that went to Korea is the girl that was built by four years of Team 8.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Woah I haven't checked Stage48 in just a day and wow it's getting hot in here lol. I've been avoiding PD48 Miu stuff because I am still a bit sad and salty about what happened. lol

Anyways, I think the main problem with some new fans is that they perceive Miu as being just what they saw in PD48. I think it's not just Miu fans actually but also new fans of other underrated AKB members who got a lot of buzz in Korea like Miyu and Miho etc. They wonder why they are not popular when they are so good etc. etc. Then they tend to form uniformed assumptions. I agree with what Aka said that they forget these members have their own story in AKB.

I also got a chance to chat with a Japanese fan of Miu's and he said the Miu seen on the show is a Miu that's trying to win a competition. It's good and all but he hopes that the new fans would also get to know her more as a person. Honestly though, with the little screentime she had on the show, aside from her visuals and great performance, what else could we know about her from PD48?

My number 1 fave was Erii and then Asai Nanami then both got eliminated. I actually came to really like Miu because someone mentioned in the PD48 thread that she's an Ojousama and a Ponkotsu. I got intrigued and did some digging and found a really great post about her in Page 3 of this thread.

I understand where the desire for her to debut in Kpop comes from. It's really not bad in itself. She did really great and I would have wanted to see more of it but to want her to abandon everything and join a Korean company just to be famous. It's ridiculous. It's as if she's that fame hungry. And like I said before, I do not want her to sell her soul to Korea. Selling your soul is the only way K-netz will accept a Japanese Kpop idol.

PD48 would have been a good compromise to selling your soul. But let's just accept that Mnet saw her as a liability that they didn't want to deal with and murdered her during the finale with 0 screentime. For us new fans, Kpop Miu will probably the biggest what if we will have. ButTeam 8 Miu still lives,why not support her even if she's not a K-idol?

That came out longer than expected. Now I am sad because I remember I can't go on the 24th because I didn't realize Yamaguchi is so freaking far from where I am.

Placed in a spoiler because it became longer than I was planning on writing. :XD:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

People have different tastes and that's alright. People should stan and follow whatever group they want. However, super-long angry rants about how great Team 8 is, are off-topic and a complete eyesore. This is Shitao Miu's thread, not Team 8's thread. We also don't need to make all these anti-Korea posts, that's not a good look.

Team 8's total handshake sales and other accomplishments are completely irrelevant to this discussion. Only Shitao Miu's sales and accomplishments matter in this thread. Kpop made her relevant as a performer, of course she'll be remembered as that first.
    Yep, well said.

Oh my, are other kpop fans really thinking that about this place? I agree with them. [hehe]

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    402637831.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929

Lets talk about how good Macdonalds burgers are by tasting Burgerking’s whoppers derp

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    "Eat that, Aka! Me and my Slytherin clone are going to piss you off with our dislikes and then I'm going to brag about how I trolled those Stage guys on my Twitter! Hehehe!"

Just like Mordor.

• Creative Creative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Shitao Miu will always remember as Team 8 Yamaguchi repsentative

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Her sales aren't good relative to her popular teammates, where did we disagree?

I have someone that cooks for me too, don't worry. I don't need to eat at those kinds of places. :1st:

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    I don't need Shitao's handshakes, I have someone who does that for me too:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    That's how it is, some things take time to translate into effects. (like it took 4 freaking years to see Yuiyui landing her 1st center in an AKB48 single)
    The thing is that it is not as easy to measure as you may think.
    So far, she sold out 1/16 slot, which is far less tickets than Yuiyui, but maybe more than Ikumin who sold out 3/4. for the simple reason that it is easier to sell slots when the customers have less choices.
    How many half sold out slots does Miu have ? We can't say.
    Maybe there are 8 ? maybe all her other slots are 80% sold out or she sold only 1 ticket in each. How are her goods selling ? Only the management knows and they know why they allocated her 16 slots.
    When a slot is not almost sold out, it just won't show on those HS numbers.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  11. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Lol, off for a day and...what happened here? :hmm:

Our deepest apology :hehe:

Waiting for it in 4ch, btw...be nice to middle earth. I am currently in the land of the hobbits until Monday.
    But yeah, it ia frikkin far. Locals even call it the bottom of the world.

• Old Old x 1
  12. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    And sadly I am no Frodo :(

lol it was what started this mess and now I am still recovering from her getting edited out of the finale and out of the final group.

I underestimated how far it would be and thought it would be just like going to Osaka or Kyoto but no. Please tag me if you find it. Thank you in advance.

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Morgoth, what else?

Don't tell me I climbed up a few places on that Retard Senbatsu?

Oh right, I forgot that! Don't forget to bring me a... birthday present.

You can finally watch those Team 8 MVs.

At least it's not Fukui. But one thing you could do is to fly to Fukuoka and then catch a train or a bus to Yamaguchi. Remember how Shitao was with Nako in Fukuoka? It's obvious that she wouldn't come from Yamaguchi.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    If you are from Tokyo/Kanto or even more North, better to fly to Fukuoka first. Just like that red guy said. Using Shinkansen will be around 5+ hours (same as going to Akita).
    I don't know how long that September event will be, but maybe if it is too far, better plan for the Yamaguchi zenkoku tour.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
  16. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Oh I see! These are great pointers. Yes I am in Tokyo area. Thank you very much. I'll probably go to the show next year. I can also properly plan for it. Prices for the plane ticket are way too high already.

I also don't want to attend a concert when I don't fully know the songs nor the performers. I'd like to fully enjoy the show. So yeah I'll probably watch those videos sometime soon. I actually found myself looking at Naru's thread awhile ago and read that Translation from the 4th year anniversary book. :^^;:

• Like Like x 1
  17. natnut

natnut Kenkyuusei

I agree with MyDaddy completely here. Also that double entendre about Miu instagramming her cat is disgusting and not as cute or clever as that poster thinks he is. So many nonfans of Miu posting here and dropping sarcastic statements. Poor Miu.
    Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The "pussy" joke is only being let slide because it was so obviously a joke.
    I'm sure everyone knew there would be a picture of a cat inside the spoiler.

But in future please let's all refrain from making sexual comments, even as jokes, about underage members.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Exactly. Her not being in top 12 while having the strongest fanbase with the most tempting prizes, most viral every time on naver. I mean from 8 I only know few like ikumi, hii, oguri, nagisa and yamada since they are gori pushed and miu was never been a management favorite hence only total geek knew about her existence before P48.

I'm still salty she didn't make it, only 100k votes didn't make sense to me, but I don't want to be a hypocrite here since some of my faves who made it was bit suspicious too but I'm happy they made it, it is what it is.

Hope she's going to be pushed after this, she's like the most hyped 8 alongside hitomi right now. Maybe I'm going to contribute a little by going to her HS.

• Like Like x 2
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    I guess this is the truth in the end. Miu wasn't relevent as a performer before Produce right ?

Dude you can't keep ignoring her past; You can't keep dissociating Miu from Team 8.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1