NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Since when does being drunk exempt a person from being responsible of their actions? But I guess there must be a Japanese equivalent to White Male Privilege.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Honestly, I disagree with your thesis, what Maho says has the ring of truth to it. Maybe the guys went there to tell her to keep her nose out of other peoples business and it escalated but it still counld have gotten worse if someone hadn't come along in the lift. It's stalking, breaking and entering, assault and possible intended sexual assault.

And the police in Japan are notorious for not investigating cases fully when there isn't a 100% chance of conviction, that's why conviction rates in Japan are so high and crime rates are so low (Japan is obviously a lower crime country than most western countries but not the ridiculously low rates they report).

And as for management, their tactics for the last 5 years in all groups have been "cover up, silence members protect the brand"

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Ok, let me jump in the "improbable theories" field too..

I see some twitter about: "How the **** normal fans keep doing private contact with idols?".
    Specially if the report aid that thy are unemployed and collage students. This includes also the Nakai scandal from before.
    Well... it can be explained with a term used here in Mexico: Juniors.
    A Junior is a boy or some cases a girl who parents are VERY RICH, and it was raised as if the entire world belongs to him. This makes those guys had a TOTALLY INCOMPREHENSIBLE BEHAVIOR and lack of common sense... Like this thing of "We just wanted to talk with her, but since the was screaming, we needed to shut her mouth".

So my guess is then, those dude are not normal fans, they were "Born in money" and we know that barriers than can be lifted with enough money.

• Like Like x 7
  4. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

it's just a theory, no need to get all worked up about it))
    at least it sounds more plausible than fellow members sending fans to attack Maho and police and management covering them. THAT doesn't make sense at all. what is their motive?
    as for the specifics how the whole assault went down - we simply don't know the whole course of actions that happened there. maybe they have unlocked rooms on the floor, so the first guy could enter the room easily. maybe he pushed Maho down on the floor only after she started to resist. we don't know.
    and no, I'm definitely not defending those dudes, management and other girls and accusing Maho, her actions were right regardless of actions of others.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Nealy07

Nealy07 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    The only way for this case to be solved is that one of the members involved must confessed everything and tell the truth, whatever it is.
    Mngmnt will never recognize their faults.

If not, I unfortunately believe that everything will be buried and Maho's will be transferred or worse, career ended.

6. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

That's why I didn't hit the dislike button on you.

I don't think it does, it seems to require more leaps in logic.

Plus, we don't know what gets said in the theater dressing room or in group/team LINE groups. Maho is a team vice-captain, maybe she made her views on idols dating clear and some member(s) thought she was getting her nose too much in her business and needed to be taught a lesson

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tk-Tonkla

Tk-Tonkla Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    We should stop creating more conspiracy theories right now and just wait for the management's announcement about this.
    The above-mention theory's too optimistic and unlikely to happen in real life.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I did.
    This is not some minor fight between kids.
    I think building up theories just for the sake of it, while Maho risked her career and health is not the right way to keep the discussion going. Especially considering there's already enough people trying - and succeeding - to silence her.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    AKS attempt to silence this incident reminds me how they’ve gone about with Haruppi’s hiatus. MIA for over a year and not a single official word about her status and why she’s out in the first place. They would only stay silent if something awful happened and it’s most likely she was severely injured under their care (Tofu Wrestling). Haruppi fans have speculated this a long time ago and it’s something we’ve already accepted, but to see a fucking crime try to get swept under the rug really is just the final straw with this exploitive business AKS runs. (I’m personally never buying another CD and will stop following this group after Sasshi’s graduation)

• Agree Agree x 9
  10. Firstky

Firstky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishikawa Rei
    Twitter:
    Firstky_
    Japanese Fans tweets with this Hashtag to encourage member #推しの居る場所を応援します

twt @Firstky_

• Like Like x 2
  11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

I don't really care about disliking, I just don't get why everyone think that I try to justify wrongdoers, when I'm doing nothing of this sort.
    I just try to think of a logical explanation of what happened there.
    and no, I never said that being drunk excuses attackers from responsibility. but it could t least explain their weird actions.

well, yeah, it is kinda possible, but imo less possible, because sending dudes to hurt other person is a crime, and I doubt this action is appropriate for the amount of discomfort the members might have gotten from Maho. if management doesn't care about dating, then what Maho could actually do to them?

I don't think there is a misunderstanding here. even if there was a misunderstanding of intentions of the dudes at first, they assaulted Maho after all, so she wants a rightful punishment for them and the girls who brought them there (exposed where she lives)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Regardless of what the membersʼ intentions were, two men coming up and attacking a girl, grabbing her and pushing her down (and intending to rape her) is, unfortunately, very logical and common. They donʼt need to be drunk, they donʼt need to escalate. There are men who do these kind of things. I don't have a link anymore but I remember a twitter thread posted by a young woman, accompanied by videos of her apartmentʼs building complex security camera system, where a man followed her, held the door open with his toes as it fell shut behind her. Luckily, she went back and shut the door - in a similar way as Maho - and in the case of this woman, he didnt reach out. He was caught and confessed he had intended to rape her. He simply followed her with the intention of raping her. Maho was in a similar situation but was less lucky because a hand grabbed her before she could close the door

• Agree Agree x 10
  13. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

^ I know that. being drunk is just an option of a theory as I said in my very first post, no need to fixate on that.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. AragonDx

AragonDx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    Ayakani's IG is being the target of the witch hunt... oh my.

15. jessiejinx

jessiejinx Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu (Cuca)
    How so? (My Japanese is very poor)

16. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

You guys are talking about how Maho career might be dead after this but, to be honest, would you be okay supporting a group like this? like at this point I don't care about any other announcement. I don't care if my oshi is releasing 320 photobooks tomorrow I just want this to be solved... I just can't focus in anything else because, if posible, I don't want other members to suffer the same thing as Maho.
    So at least for me there's no way that NGT or even the 48 group is escaping from this with 0 damaged.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

We're talking about girls in their late teens/early twenties, maybe their in love (or lust) and that makes you act irrationally. Also I saw a study recently that says that peoples sense of empathy doesn't really mature until the mid-twenties.

Management don't care as long as members keep it hidden and don't upset fans. There are ways of spilling the beans without explicitly saying that "Member X is sleeping with fans"

• Like Like x 2
  18. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

Now that’s a dilemma...

Fans want #JusticeForMahon but still give AKS money (to pay lawyers).

:^^;:

19. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I understand that. What I don't understand is coming up with theories when Mahohonʼs story is already perfect logical :confused: If you're not trying to make light of what happened, then I dont quite follow what the whole point was

• Agree Agree x 16
  20. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    1. Maybe it started with this: https://twitter.com/XYZ07821227/status/1082935851229732864 (A video compilation of members hearing someone shouting their name outside their apartment and this is f**king scary). Seem to me like one man did it (due to similar voice)
    Scroll down to comment section, there is a video of Tano Ayaka interacting with fan:
    https://twitter.com/M7niVwK7XPTuTqR/status/1083025325439672320
    And there is a voice similar to that on the video above.
    2. 1 month ago, Maho unfollowed 2 NGT members (Both Team NIII), one of which is Tano Ayaka.
    Hope this may clarify your doubt.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1