NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@Reveen

EE3204D8-40F5-4964-9D52-D995256690EB.jpeg

Feminism looks for equality.

Many people say they want equality but don’t support feminism.
    You know what that is? They simply don’t like the word. And why don’t they like the word? Because it has FEM in it.

And that is basically the problem.

• Like x 21
    • Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    That's just incorrect. People have tons of different reasons for calling themselves egalitarians for example rather than calling themselves feminists. The feminine connotation of the word rarely has anything to do with it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    yeah I don't like how the 50px ones stand above the text when in the same line, but they're obviously easier to see... hm maybe 40... ms.png
    now I have a splendid idea for a Maho emote but... just no.

announced that Rittan also not performing today btw
    https://ngt48.com/news/detail/100003067

6. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Add feminism to the list of off-topic topics.

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
  8. ET920

ET920 Member

I'm just saying it's easier to influence a country with a shorter history span than one with an extremely long one where some concepts are already ingrained in the culture and where you're taught since childhood that you should maintain the status quo. It took USA just 100 years to end with slavery. The region context can influence a country, but when you have been isolated from the world for so long (as in the case of Japan) or have a large amount of countries that "think alike" in the neighborhood (like African countries) it will take longer for a change to become true.

You can side (I do) with Mahohon but laws are pretty clear in that regard. Police arrested, questioned and then released them. At least down here it would have looked the same, if the girl hasn't been harmed, if there were no witnesses, if they had no prior arrests and there was no way they could affect the investigation or become fugitives, they would have been out in a couple of days.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. humbal

humbal Next Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    Who are these bad bitches?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ET920

ET920 Member

I'd say performing a concert at Seibu Dome without refrigeration with members passing out due low blood pressure was a good example.

This is a catch 22 situation when viewed from a Western point of view: had management punished the girls for having boyfriends we would be talking about how retrograde they are. Had they placed security guards in their dorms we would be calling them a moral patrol to prevent these girls from having a private life.

Japan (as most countries I'd say) expects everyone to behave in a certain way. When someone doesn't they react by applying measures to prevent that from happening again. They added the tables in handshake events, guards near the stage, the metal detectors near the entrance, etc. Now, we are assuming two facts, that every group in the franchise shares the same rules, and that they are supposed to be punished for having boyfriends. What if indeed there's no "no love" rule? Then Ayakani, Gatanee (?) and Katomina (??) did nothing wrong and the fact that they added guards and panic buttons was more because of the potential of an attack in that situation and pressure from external sources than something planned.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

LOL I DIDN'T DISLIKE ALL OF THEM. I just didn't agree with some of your points. There, I'll give you one pity like <3 I just think that this is more than just an idol-work-environment issue. It's a women's right issue. MeToo didn't quite take off in Japan so it's amazing how it's finally taking off with Maho. She really is the ehro we don't deserve.

Wasamin is interesting cause (I think) she's one of the few that have spoken up about it. I guess she had the full support of her management in doing that. And with younger management, I guess I'm just hoping that they'll be more alive to change in society than sticking with the status quo? But yea, too much red tape in Japan.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I hope from the bottom of my heart that whoever leaked Mahohon's details gets outed and punished accordingly... this is nothing short of evil...

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Younger does not necessarily mean better. Sometimes they can be just as conservative as the earlier generation. A large part of it has got to do with how children are brought up from young, which shapes a child's character. Male dominated society ? It's how boys are raised from young, being more pampered or spoilt, and given more freedom to do what they want, which carries on into adulthood. For girls, they are more restricted and have less freedom, and are punished when they cross the line, eventually making them meek.

That's why a conservative society can be hard to change. It simply carries on from one generation to another. Sometimes, the government is the only key that can force the society to change, by having polices or regulations that empower the weak and de-power the strong. There is an old saying that the government is like the wind and the people are like the grass. Whichever direction the wind blows, the grass will sway.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    There are many valid reasons why ppl are angry towards management, besides the alleged forced apology.

Inaction (by management)ーeven after Maho begs towards Imamuraー is somekind of action, one which encourages the violence to happen. That's already enough to make us angry.

Maho said she has reported, probably including the said members involved. she has said close to nothing is being done. Even the press release are damage control.

I'm not sure why some are so afraid that activists would find this systemic. It IS in a way systemic, being caused by structurization of violence. How many times similar incident happen towards a female idol in Japan? This is not the first incident, won't be the last incident. I'm sure the reported cases are not representative. This is just the tip of the iceberg due to the stigmas and possibilities them being bullied after expressing their experience.

I'm so appalled that people also cared for people who do nothing in spite of the violence (Imamura), giving excuses and all that. Again, inaction is an action, one which allows violence.

Imagine how Maho feels if she already gather her courage and report her cases, only for management to make her feel that her case is being swept under the rug? at least there should be follow up,

NB: Please don't entertain anyone with feminist debates if that man hasn't even read a single feminist book, LOL. He must have thought the tumblr-feminism is the actual feminism.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  16. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    To be fair, Japan is very different and very obviously a patriarchal society, but I get your point.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

inapooh even harrassed and stalked female fans who are regulars at ngt theater. a group of female wota went to management and complained about his stalking behavior and how he got their personal info and management did nothing. imamura is a piece of shit

• Like Like x 12
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    New relationship diagram of the case (according to 5ch detective)
    IMG_20190112_112908.jpg
    (jp source)

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^anyone who manages to translate that image gets a winner badge from me :1st:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 5
  20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More from Time Magazine, a video.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Gotta love the flashing police lights!

• Informative Informative x 3