NGT48 Assault Case

Discussion in 'General NGT48 Discussion' started by Cisalpine88, Jan 9, 2019.

1. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Ogiyuka is allegedly part of the bullies, yes, but she also told her story about the time when a stranger grabbed her & tried to drag her into his car after she finished rehearsal. 3 days later, it happened again in the same place. The audience was laughing when she told this story.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    Keyword: 稲岡龍之介

• Like Like x 2
  3. gordoli

gordoli Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Sorry, I've been following this thread since the get-go, and the Ogiyuka bullying speculation came up rather suddenly and seemingly out of nowhere, no evidence or substantiation. Because she's closer to some members than others? If this a longstanding rumor here or 5ch I'm sorry for not hearing it before. I would've thought she's too busy also ...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    bullying is also serious crime

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

For forgiveness to be given you need to have repentance and as yet there is no sign of that, instead we have the victim being mocked by one or more of the suspects.

And without concrete answers then people will continue to investigate. And frankly speaking I hope they do continue to investigate Inapooh, Kitagawa Jo et al and their connections to NGT.

• Agree Agree x 9
  6. ethereallimbo

ethereallimbo Kenkyuusei

00.jpg
    Brief mention during "Youth High School Class 3C", where Rika is the assistant teacher. Says she wants to believe all members.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ShulQ

ShulQ Kenkyuusei

Just found out about this whole incident and even though I'm late...

i really commend Maho for her bravery to speak up since it's not an easy thing, especially in japan, because she'll be forever remembered for this incident. She basically sacrificed herself to trigger AKS in making changes within ngt...

just like many others, I think that this incident was handled horribly by the old management and it was inevitable that new manager had to be installed...
    while I'm not fond of AKS making them apologize because it's clearly the old management who has to do it... at least it calms down the situation a bit...

now, the new management has to ensure that incidents like this don't happen again by adding security measures (bodyguards near members' houses, security cam etc.) and preventing idol's personal data being leaked (there may be more that has to be done, but these are the only things I can think of currently)
    the assaulters being excluded from ngt activities is a start, but it's clearly not enough... i hope that investigations will start again and will be caught/punished for this incident and whatever shady business they've been doing with the idols' perosnal data...
    about certain members being suspected as accomplices, I'm not going to point fingers at anyone. If it's true, there is no need for them to be revealed but they have to be get rid of the group as they are toxic elements that destroyed the harmony within ngt. Additionally, if there is more bad blood between members, this has to be sorted out so that members can't only trust each other again, but also the management.

lastly, even though it sounds naive, I hope that Maho can recover from her trauma, smile again, and continue to live without worrying about this happening to her again

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I don't think they were formally charged (just detained) but if a charge is dismissed, one can still be arrested and charged for the same thing if new facts/evidence warrant it unless the charge was dismissed with prejudice (which is rare).
    I think you also mentioned something about how maho's mental suffering is treated -- on the criminal aspect, unless there's a specific crime for causing mental anguish, then it doesn't have any impact unless it is an aggravating circumstance in which case a higher penalty would be imposed for whatever the crime was. But there's also the civil side where the victim can claim damages and the victim can be awarded an amount determined by the judge. But all this isn't applicable since there's no case filed whether criminal or civil.

Are you thinking of double jeopardy? That's only if one is acquitted. It seems like they were only detained and so they can be arrested again for the same thing. I'm thinking they were let go because of lack of evidence or if the actual (criminal) offense was considered minor -- the law also has a rehabilitation aspect (if the offense is light and the offender repents and is not likely to do it again) aside from the more common punitive aspect.

And then re the police, they can only detain suspects for 48 hours before handing them over to a prosecutor. The police has discretion to let you go if they consider the offense minor. In this case, since the suspects were detained for 20 days, it was (likely) the prosecutor that decided not to charge them.

I think there's still a disconnect with the steps management has taken (if that's the extent of it) because their story is still different from Maho's regarding member involvement and management hasn't reconciled that (important) portion of maho's story.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. avid.miyawaki

avid.miyawaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    "Then another man appeared from the room right across mine. It was the room that one of my members were living in."

This fact never be explained by management. Who is the owner of the "room right across Maho's room"? And no explaination about how the assaulters can passed auto lock door system.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I think Ogiyuka name came up at first because she's a NIII member in general and then because she supported those belived to be the bullies. So, yeah, it was rather sudden.
    But then there are more pics of her and Inapooh shared on twitter about an event they may have organized together and, worsth of all, the supposition she had something to do with an exchange of services with him so to buy more votes. Her service, the team members' services, leading to the covered pic of a girl that could have been Takahashi Mau.

Honestly I don't wanna believe to this and, like I stated many times, a witch hunt is not the right way to discover thing or put thing right, this is just what I gathered about Ogino from twitter.
    Noepii is another matter in my opinion. When you are part of a group you need to feel in... you may act like a fool.
    She has been a fool, probably not even understanding how serious bullying is or how subtle could be, because you don't have to actively hit someone to be a bully.
    But even while I write this I realize I'm quite biased when it comes to Noe so.... when it comes to the girls I think we all should take a step back, a breath and then analyze what we know for sure.

Not so easy, I know.

• Winner x 6
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

In addition, there was speculation of a suspicious instagram story when Sato Anju's phone was reported as hacked in February last year. A video at a bar was uploaded to Anju's Insta, which made a big ruckus because she's underage. Recent events caused people to link one of the three guys in the video was friends with Inaoka, although the face was blurred so it's uncertain. At the time, Ogino sent an insta story saying she had called Anju and she's sleeping. Some fans at the time were confused because they thought the phone Ogino called should have been in the hands of the men who uploaded, so Ogino would have no way of knowing Anju was asleep. People claim that Ogino promptly deleted that story (I can't verify).

And just for the record, I'm not anti Ogino. I only wanted to present the stories that I've read. Please draw your own conclusions.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Toffee

Toffee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    Doiya_no_Oshi
    Moreover, on 12 Jan, Maho's twitter unfollowed Ogino Yuka and Sato Anju (Both Team NIII)
    Not sure if Maho herself did that.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Bakti Limo

Bakti Limo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    This thread has become finger pointing thread. Stop y'all.
    Management shuffle & apology is max they can give. Don't expect anything else, don't put your hope too high.
    Hell, even the police released the culprits.
    You may not like it but it's the fact.

• Dislike x 12
    • Disagree x 7
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 2
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Perhaps Anju meant to send this on a private instagram account but sent it on her public one by mistake?

15. Puni

Puni Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    puni_2k
    Though she still subscribes to both of them on instagram

16. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Not sure about Anju, but I think Maho unfollowed Ogino after Ogino's (and Nishigata's) shinjite blog post.

• Informative Informative x 3
  17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She might not have control of her insta account.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Ogiyuka aside, since what I wrote on the post above are speculations, I wondered since yesterday about the planned SR from Maho.
    It was another PR disaster from mngmnt? First scheduling it and then realizing it could backfire?
    It was scheduled before they'd know of the shift in mngmnt? (in which case great timing there!) Or did they planned to send a message through Maho along the line of "AKS is actually doing something to make things better" and thought better?
    Had been Maho to schedule it? And who blocked it? Or she thought better?

That's a lot of question that probably will stay unanswered but it would be great to see Maho (and Riko) at this point.

19. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

IMO the "evidence" against Katomina, Ogiyuka, and Noepii is extremely slim.

The evidence seems to show that there were likely two members in the apartment that the attacker came out of. It seems certain that one was Ayakani and it seems likely the other was Gatanee.

The other members don't seem to be involved. Maybe they were bullies and jerks but that's a separate issue.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. parubably

parubably Kenkyuusei

And how is finger pointing worse than what the girls allegedly done? Yes, blaming the wrong girl may hurt others and that just further shows why management needs to do something about the girls who were involved, at this point the girl who weren’t might also be getting dragged in.

If the underlying problem is conflict between members, increased security at dorms is not going to solve the main problem. And seeing how management is reacting (defending those on the attackers’ side), to what extent can we trust this new security system?

At this point, I feel scared for the girls who want to leave but don’t dare to leave (they don’t want to be labelled as a victim not a bully). We might see a mass graduation of the KKS. And basically the victims, those who are scared to be “bullied”, and even the bullies might all be considering graduation. Who’d dare to join NGT? I don’t know how management thinks that they still have a future for the group (other than the money coming in from corruption).

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Old Old x 1