Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    btw ... that Prada dress .... it says 20~30万くらい about 200 to 300.000 yen :eek:
    that's about 1700 to 2500 euro, whoa :shocku:
    well, when she closes the sliding doors to the 'wardrobe' she uses the word プレゼント, so I guess she didn't buy all those clothes

• Like Like x 1
  2. MondyofAus

MondyofAus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8

if the video does not show watch the video here

She finally got her Mac

• Like Like x 1
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The Japanese really don't seem to like credit cards! Then again, I suppose you can safely walk around any Japanese city carrying 40万円 in your wallet...

4. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Apart from PASMO card everything is cash, although they do accept credit cards in (some) restaurants as well, but basically it's cash the way, so you better ask in advance if you want to use plastic :)
    But yeah, I would advice against carrying 3500 euro in your wallet, and even more showing it to someone in the street here in the Netherlands.
    (and I think still she didn't bring enough, she brought 320,000 yen and was 7270 short .... and had to borrow 10,000 yen from the camera man I think :D )
    yeah, she borrowed 'kashite kudasai, onegai shimasu'

ow, in the description she said she didn't so much go buy a computer, as well as to keep her promise to the shop clerk, Ose-san, to buy a computer :)
    Ose-san confesses in the lift (elevator for americans ;) ): 元々AKB48ファンだった - Originally an AKB48 fan
    well, he must have been happy ... I would have been :)

trivia: this week in found out they they no longer hold a collection (someone use to make the rounds with an envelope) when a colleague leaves due to the fact that almost no one has any cash on them here in the Netherlands anymore (btw, we don't use credit cards that much either, is all debit cards or using your phone (apple pay etc.))

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    [HIDE]
    Credit cards are quite rare in Austria as well, and although a bit more common in the UK, still not very popular. Everyone uses debit cards, really. I've had a credit card before because Austrian debit cards use a different card number system than most other countries and I needed a credit card for online shopping. I didn't like using it, though. In a way, you're in debt and you always need to keep in mind how much you owe the bank. Using a debit card is better, imo, because you keep more track of your spendings. When I was offered a credit card when opening a bank account in the UK, I declined it.

Sweden seems to be mostly cash free, as you can only get cash from the main bank in Stockholm (at least that's what I was told by my Swedish professor). I'm not sure whether they use debit or credit cards, or both.
    [/HIDE]

6. innosu

innosu Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    While Japan is still primary cash-based (literally, the main method you do to buy house is cash-in-hand and not cheque like most other country [okay, sometimes it's bank transfer, but cash in hand is accepted]), credit card is not that uncommon tbh.

In Japan, credits card is accepted in most chain restaurants (i.e. the one that Japanese actually visit, but not tourist). Almost all supermarkets accept credit cards (except for the cheaper one). Living in Japan, I would say only 10% of my expense is in cash -- the rest is in either credit card or direct debit. But if you are tourist, like I think only 20-30% of tourist attraction accept any kind of credit/debit card (Suica/Passmo is another story), so it usually warped people perspective of how much credit card is used in Japan nowadays.

I think overall in Europe debit card is more common, and it's always the EU person that says they don't use credit but debit --- from Asia perspective when we say credit card we mean VISA/Mastercased/etc that includes both credit and debit card, as most of the time there's no need to differentiate from the transaction point of view.

Regarding the room, 'kirei' in that context usually mean 'neat', 'clean' or something along this line more than 'beautiful'. The toothbrush is that when other member come she put on new one, and it just kinda stay there lol.

Note that apartment of that size is common for 1 person who want something big, two person living together, or family with single small children.

7. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I should have know that :( ... anyway, kinda funny how in Dutch 'schoon' ( related to German 'schön' ) has exactly the same double meaning (althought the usage for 'pretty' is a bit archaic in Dutch, but still very much in use in Flemish)
    There's a similar thing with the translation for Sugoi

but it's still a pretty big apartment for just one person, a lot of Japanese apartments I've seen are about a third that size (as in the 'Let's start World War III' MV by World Order)

if the video does not show watch the video here

btw, that guy was kinda shameless in a really funny kind of way, normally no one in his right mind would start opening doors in someone else's home ... or worse, get into bed :)

btw, Miichan can get lost in her wardrobe.... you think there's a magical country hidden somewhere in there?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  8. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Actually, she says that they're not allowed to get anything over 10k yen value (which is a stupid rule tbh, why do they care?). So basically she bought those herself. :p

9. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    She then said that it's to prevent fans from feeling above each other because they gave expensive presents and to prevent awkward station during SSK. She said that literally 20 seconds after she said that the present limit for AKB48 is 10,000JPY.

10. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

Not quite (she says "durr but I did so much for you hurhur you owe me"), but as she herself said, it's stupid because sosenkyo literally makes them throw tens of thousands (or maybe even hundreds of thousands) of yen toward their fav member... (ofc, the managers love all that cash that goes to _them_ , not the girls, so from their point of view it totes makes sense)

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    To be clear, I didn't conclude that she got *that* dress as a gift ... and I wasn't even thinking about fans either all that much either

12. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I wondered about that, maybe she'd repurposed a second bedroom? However the access door was from her bedroom. I therefore did a little research and I found the following English-language webpage with some typical Tokyo apartment plans and they do seem to have quite large storage rooms:

https://blog.gaijinpot.com/what-do-japanese-apartment-layout-terms-mean/

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. innosu

Oshimen:
    小嶋真子
    Pretty sure that's walk-in closet. While not that common, it is not hard to come across one: https://imgur.com/CoVmQy4

...come to think of it, I think all storage area big enough to walk in from bedroom is always label "WIC" (Walk-in closet)

14. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I'd like to have a built-in closet like Miichan's to get lost in it. [hehe]

In addition, the flat can perfectly live a couple with one or two children with the size it is.

15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    私はデルフト工科大学で建築の学生でした
    I was an architecture student at delft university of technology, those Japanese floor plans are a wonder of economy ;)
    you have no idea how much space you gain by using sliding doors, reducing the traffic space in your layout was a bit of a holy grail when I studied, but ... I must be honest, if I would have turned one of those designs in for a project I would have flunked badly ;) (well, I flunked anyway, but that's a story for another time)
    (and according to out standards Miichan's bedroom is too small for a double bed, ideally you need 90 (or was it 60cm) to be able to kneel when you make up the bed on both sides)
    but the amount of storage space amazes me as well, here in the Netherlands it basically isn't included in the budget, you literally have to find some leftover space for it.

btw, if you have just one room and no storage space, your room will always look like a mess (and to be honest many single room apartments in Japan do, with clothing racks, washing hanging to dry ... etc.)

Admit it, You're just shipping Michan with someone and want to see some real みねチル ;)

16. hiroto

hiroto Next Girls

I'd love to :blush: but I have to be realistic and it's impossible. :^^;:

17. David61

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A short news article reporting that Miichan tweeted a complaint today about abuse on SNS:
    https://woman.infoseek.co.jp/news/entertainment/sponichin_20200303_0098

Minami Minegishi (27), who is the only active student of AKB48 and announced his group graduation this spring,updated her Twitter on March 3. Posted a complaint about slander on SNS.

Minegishi wrote, "I think most people were able to say," I don't think so. " "A storm of abusive language from some people ... I was hurt a little ..." That's a case. "

Fans were worried about this post, saying, "What happened?"

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I read that tweet, and I wondered, maybe people were pissed off that they saw her spend 320.000 yen on a computer and showing of a 200.000-300.000 yen dress in the same week, but I must add that you can clearly see in the 'dress bit' that she was kinda embarrassed to admit to the price.
    But haters are going to hate anyway, Miichan always takes a lot of flak, even before her 2013 incident, partly because she's always been one of the more outspoken members (like Sashii)

btw, don't know if it's related, but Shiichan tweeted this:
    https://twitter.com/ooyachaaan1228/status/1234773666040139778
    =============================
    私は自分のファンが誰かを攻撃してたら めちゃくちゃ残念だし恥ずかしいし辞めてほしい。 大家にはこんなファンがいるんだって思われたくないなと思う。 自分達の発言で 推してるアイドルが恥かく事しない方がいいのに。本人も望んでないはず なんの話って感じですが目に入って嫌な気持ちになったので
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I'm sorry, embarrassing and quit if my fans attack someone. I don't want to think that the Oya has such a fan. I wish I couldn't be ashamed of the idol I'm trying to say. It's like talking about what the person himself should not want, but I got into my eyes and felt bad
    -----------------------------------------------------

19. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    She is troubled because there is a rumor that she and an member of Korean famous boy idol group are in a serious relationship
    There is only a thread which has no link, no article, no picture. Most fans from both sides easily know this rumor is fake
    But there are some fan girls seem aren't that smart and actually believe in this rumor. They badmouthed her on their social network, attacked Miichan's SNS, demanded for her respond

20. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ow, that's why someone referenced the 'Atomic Bomb' shirt ... they must mean BTS
    and yeah, a lot of people mentioned a hoax, so that must be it ...

To be honest ... it's highly unlikely ... but damn, that would be a coup when she lands a famous 'sophisticated' Korean idol ... for someone regularly being called ugly :D

But seriously .. no self respecting Japanese girl should even be thinking of dating someone who wore a T-shirt like that (or was in the same group)... even if what the Japanese did in the 30s and 40s in Asia was atrocious, which of course it was

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1