Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. hojinmo

hojinmo Kenkyuusei

chorus' first "we are buddies" resembles Sustainable's chorus lol

2. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Can't quite put my finger on it, but Buddies sounds very movie-ppoi. It has that particular earworm to it. Definitely heard it somewhere.

3. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

The beginning sounds like the soundtrack of a movie. Very upbeat song, fit for a 15-year old center! :p
    Are the main vocals by Ten?

4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I wonder if it's the backrow who begins the song with "YO! part". I can recognize Uemu's voice who begins the song 0:14

Tenchan has main vocals as Pon after has a solo line. Then the middle part of the song for other solo lines I can hear Miichan and Hono. There are more solo lines than them in the song so it will be exciting to see how the MV pans out.

YO! verse participates all 14 members in the song. It's the group's first time ever song to push for individuality while combine all into a team. It shows a new color.

5. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Someone else pointed it out but at the bridge part it is Hono, then Risa, then Pon (Risa and Pon kinda sound the same, who knew?)

Pon is like the main backup to Ten's main vocals here, to answer your question @Jsprite

You probably did, thousands of times. Its a very common chord progression among pop songs (the G-Em-C-D variety in all its different pitch variations), also used by songs like Freedom by Paul McCartney, Last Kiss by Pearl Jam, Runaway Train by Soul Asylum, and many more.

I don't mind it though, they did enough unique things (like the yo!) and all anthems do tend to sway that way anyway. Among the 2 songs I still prefer NazeKoi, but the MV may change my mind :^^;: I have a very soft spot for Ten-chan who is my dream daughter

6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  7. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
  8. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    We can change everything: name, members, clothes... but our luck with cameramen still sucks!
    I hope Pon didn't hurt herself too much.
    I also noticed she was in charge of introducing the group, even though Hikaru was the one explaining the new hand pose. I find it quite interesting.

The girls did a good job :inlove:
    I just wish TakeYui would have a better position because she is now one of the best dancers we have, but her chance will come... hopefully soon

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I hope next a-sides will have a different vibe. I think Nobody's fault, despite the new center and the Nogi style uniforms, doesn't seem that different from old Keya style to justify a new group with a new name. I think "Naze Koi" followed better that new path and I liked the style of the MV, I hope the new singles will be more like that. What I would love is something similar to AKB's song "Set me free" with Sakura girls showing their models image with Risa and Pon as w/centers.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    had no idea hikaru was so tiny, great performance

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Regarded Sakuzaka will change. Tenchan already explained in the first episode.

"This is an evolution rather than a departure"

And they are already using Kimika again as designer. She did Nazekoi costume. Pretty sure she will be part of their replacement of Keyaki Republic whatever they come up with as members already have an idea for fitting concept of their new name. Sword fighting, Runchan's taiko skills, etc.

They are going from a military army to swordswomen. If you look closely at Nobofa choreo it gives that impression of total concentration like Silent Majority was a marching song to stand up for your rights. Don't let norms and government decide your life.

Keyaki's first three singles represented both shadow and light in senbatsu. But when Hiragana started to get more content aside from 1 song and 2kis joined in 2017 is when mngmt double down on the concept that Kanji is moon and Hiragana is sun. Fans of Kanji started to miss their light songs because they are as good as their shadow songs.

That's what they are fixing right now with Sakuzaka. Nazekoi and Buddies are very welcome. But it doesn't close the door for their shadow style as Nobofa is a title song and Type B indicates we are going to have another shadow song as coupling because the cover looks haunted. It doesn't rule out for composers like Nazca and Bugbear to make a return in the future.

• Like Like x 5
  12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I can't help it, but Miichan keeps stealing my attention during the performance.
    I'm really digging this shot in the beginning, when they start dancing and the camera sharply switches from Runrun to Koike at the back of the formation. Pure kino.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    @Rev4 I liked your POV. It's quite daring I must say and I find you conclusion about Sakurazaka producing both light and dark songs fully aligned with what I would personally prefer to see.

However, I have to admit (and I prepare myself for a proper crucifixion) that strangely enough I didn't like Buddies...! Tastes are tastes and "one man's meat is another man's poison" as they say but, yes, I had no excitement at all... Maybe the MV would help me get closer to it, maybe seeing at Ten-chan centering would help elevate the song in my perception, but from these first 3-4 times listening to it I found it blunt and colorless (and rather long and verbose as well). Not only compared with the previous 2 but compared to the whole Keyaki songs so far.

14. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    I understand Phil's concern as I felt pretty much the same about some of Keyaki's last songs. However it's hard to have a good grasp of a song while listening only to the radio preview. While I generally liked Naze better than Nobofa, a couple of days ago I decided to compare them directly using my car's semi-okay stereo. To my surprise, Nobody's Fault ended up sounding much better than before. Now I feel like it being a titular song is not a bad choice after all. In comparison, Naze sounded more or less the same. As for Buddies, I'll rate it slightly worse than the two other songs, but the full MV version might change everything. I can already imagine it being a perfect song for those big events like Keyaki Republic.

15. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Hello, fellas. Just chipping in with my impressions of the 2 new songs I heard so far:
    • Nobody's Fault - I love Hikaru's performance and expressions as the center of the song. I like the song. There's a guitar riff part (around 3:40 in the MV) that reminded me of Prince's song "Kiss". I feel that Nobody's Fault is the perfect bridge to connect from the Keyaki era into this current Sakurazaka chapter. Great start, however...
    • Naze Koi - ...I just love this song more. I love the energy, the MV...and I never knew I needed a Karin-centered song until now. I just popped this song on, whenever I need a boost or caffeine replacement. I am hooked by the beats in the chorus...maybe it's the energetic MV....or maybe, just maayybe I'm a closet Karin fan.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Personally i love Nobody's fault the most. It is a subtle song with lyrics that are confronting and has an impact to whoever is listening. NazeKoi is a song that brings joy not only by listening. Unlike Nobody's fault where imo is totally impactful without even the MV, NazeKoi is much enjoyful when coupled with the MV. At least, thats how I enjoy it.

Now I had a reaction to Buddies when i first heard it. I hardly react to songs like that so in this case I love it more than NazeKoi. Plus members had solo lines, something we hardly get in 46 songs. This is one of the reasons why I rate it higher than NazeKoi. This plus the slow jam it produces, almost sound epic lol. I keep nodding and shouting the yo part when ot drops.

There are only three songs now but I am glad with all these songs and really looking forward to the rest. Who knows, maybe one of those might top Nobody's fault for me lol. So far the single looks great

EDIT: Just saw the teaser for 'Buddies'. My oh my. The group is on their way to a great start. Totally 'tokyo olympic opening song' vibe lol. I LOVE IT!!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I worry more about that poor cameraman than Pon to be honest

I kinda see @Philosophy Senpai's point and agree on his assessment of "Buddies", and as I pointed out above, if the chorus sounds like you've heard it before, its because you have. I don't dislike it, but I think of it like a song like Aozora ga Chigau or Te Wo Tsunaide. As cool as our girls are, they are still idols, and they will have idol like songs from time to time.

I like NazeKoi more than NoboFa, but if the roles of the songs were reversed I can see complaints like "why is Sakurazaka stealing Hinatazaka's bubbly concept with this single?" coming out. So I get why NoboFa is the pushed single.

18. Maeda_Toshiie

Maeda_Toshiie Kenkyuusei

She always look so small when standing beside the tall members like kaichou.

Going back to the feudal times as onna-bugeisha. :)

19. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I watched some other performance and from what I saw camera work was poorly at best. He may deserved to be hit by Pon after all lol

• Creative Creative x 1
  20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Buddies MV is out!!

if the video does not show watch the video here

-

Honestly I'm amazed.. I didn't expect an MV like this at all since the lyrics and melody are so sentimental sounding, I was expecting a reminiscent kind of mv lol, but it was so cool and the choreography?! the camerawork and screen time?! The solo lines?! TEN?! I'm truly amazed.
    Sakurazaka has yet to disappoint me :1st:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 8