Single Nogizaka46 26th [Boku wa Boku wo Sukininaru] (2021/01/27)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

Best senbatsu song since Arigachi Renai

2. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

My (late) early impression of the new single:
    • I love the idea of Mizuki center. I personally feel it's a long time coming. It's just my dream but I selfishly wanted a Kuboshita double-center, or a Kubo center...perhaps one day. :)
    • The song itself is decent. Without understanding the lyrics, I felt this song sounded...hopeful. Like maybe you're not in the best situation initially, but things will get better hopefully. That's just the story of this song in my head.
    • It's probably just the video quality of the version I'm watching, but the music parts were kind of drowned in the background.
    • In the end, I like it just fine at the moment, I am looking forward to the MV.
    As a little aside, I miss being in this forum due to some IRL stuff. I'm glad to be back, and doing some catching up on all Sakamichi stuff. Hope y'all doing fine in this weird year.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Please make comments on each others' content productive.
    At the very least make them funny
    Pointing out poor form and etiquette is, in theory, acceptable. But railing on someone isn't. If you need to point out someone's bad behaviour more than once, that sounds to me like you're hitting "reply" when you should be hitting "report". If you really *must* air out your grief, please do so in private.

TL;DR: let's keep it on topic.

4. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    this is really challenging for Kouhai to surpass their senpai, this single is not a totally let down and let's look forward for the other tracks from this single, if the main song can't carry the whole singles i hope the side b will to do the job. and nogi don't stay in a single genre they always try new things and honestly this main song is like some of Hina song for me.

5. muhyoujou

muhyoujou Kenkyuusei

To me it sounds like you should get in contact with the dev because your reporting system must be malfunctioning, at least when used on or by certain members over others

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

Too long and could be a bit corny to others :^O^:
    The lyrics, the message of the song fits well to me. Hating on people only to realize she hate herself the most, I love the fact the song ended with the title. No repetition. A ray of light peaking out on a dark cloudy day, that's my impression of the song. To me, the upbeat tempo makes it more perfect.

One more thing I like about this song. If I hear Girls rule that's Maiyan. Kizuitara/Inochi is Nanase. Nandome is for Erika. Harujion is Maimai, SayoImi is Nanami, Hadashi is Asuka. This song on the other hand doesn't give me that feel. Yamashita is the center but I don't see this as her song. Don't get get me wrong, she has rightfully earned her position. She will do great. I watched the performance I don't know how many times already, even when they close up her face I still see the whole group and not just her. That's me, that's how I feel about this song.

On the topic of kouhai surpassing their senpai. Personally, I never look at it that way. It's just sad, them being compared and expected to be like those past members. I have my own expectations too but it doesn't include members A, B and C to be the next Nanase, next Nanami, next Maiyan. They make their own path. I've moved on from AKB years before Kojima graduated. Nothing's permanent or stays the same.

Songs as well. Again, it's just a matter of personsl taste. Many songs mentioned here, folks saying that's the quality Nogi should keep. Some of those songs are actually crap to me. I don't need to mention which songs are those. They didn'y stay Guru Guru, that's good enough for me. They try different things. If I don't like it, too bad. Wait for the next one.
    And I finally found another one. :banana:

Yeah, I'm watching it again, haha

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. allen20

allen20 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hashimoto Nanami
    On a side note, I can't wait to see what they gonna do for the 26th single hit campaign in the midst of corona :blush:

8. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Maybe too early for you to say that, it's been only 1 performance, we haven't even see the MV. After they perform it many times, promote it again and again, also with the MV, I believe you will start to see this song as Yamashita (and nothing wrong with that imo). For me I definitely can start to see that already.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    wow I think I hadn't liked a nogi single so much in a LONG time. The choreo is also excellent, it has the Nogizaka touch but it also adds some really really nice formations and steps. Very happy with this overall, hoping for a good MV.

Also, Mizuki is such a good center, so glad she finally got her moment

• Like Like x 2
  10. Johan13

Johan13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nishino nanase
    Actually, the song itself is decent tho I don't particularly like the lyrics: it feels cheap. But if you compared it with the previous strong A-sides, it's definitely weak. I think the main problem here is that 'Comparison'. Even tho I said it like that, I also can't help comparing with my fav A-sides and still feel incomplete.

11. NyanNyan's Pet

Maybe. But I already had that expectation especially for a new center. The many Mizuki close up didn't convince me. If it also ends up like that for me after the MV release and more performances, it hardly matter and that's fine since I love the song a lot already. I'm mainly talking about listening to the music alone (when I said it didn't felt like a Mizuki song to me). This is a Yamashita centered song, of course. No one gonna take that away from her. It will end up as one of my top favorite Nogizaka song.

Can't wait to see the covers, track list, the units. Wonder if they will gradually reveal the other songs or wait for January after finishing all the events this coming December. 4th gen will have a live right? Will they also perform a new song? :drool:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Decent song but it will grow on me! LOVING the outfits and Zukki shines so bright! Great choice for center and the fitting song. Must admit the dance choreography is well done. Like the arm movements and the choreo during the bridge

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ginchan

ginchan Kenkyuusei

Damn another terrible song :fp:. It sounds sooo cheap, that's bad. They keep making a terrible song since Yoake Made. Mizuki deserves better. But the choreo is pretty decent, the only good thing from this song so far.

2 out of 10 for the song
    7 out of 10 for the choreo

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Do you think Nogi will release rehearsal video? Like Hinatazaka Azato Kawaii rehearsal video, where we can see the entire dance move.
    I think this is Nogi song that has more complex+fast position change than other Nogi songs, and I want to see how they did that clearly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I wish so, and I think they should.
    I'm gonna deviate a bit from your point above but in my opinion, everything should change from now on. In a new era which starts during a hard time, where they already lost their main weapons (handshake, and Maiyan), Nogi need to step up their game and start to map uncharted territory (I know online miguri is a thing now but they're yet to make the service reliable). One of (possibly) Nogi's current tactic I noticed is to appeal to Chinese wota through TikTok and Weibo: we have a lot of TikTok videos uploaded from official account, they scheduled Ume Mizuki Kubo to live stream at Weibo even before senbatsu announcement.

I think releasing a rehearsal video is also one of feasible options, and the choreo of this song fits if they want to start.
    Whatever it is, I wish Nogi management to keep on doing maneuver from now on, getting out of their comfort zone. Doing things just like they always do won't cut it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    • Like Like x 1
  17. NyanNyan's Pet

They'll be on FNS Music Festival next next week Dec 2, so it will be their next performance.

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I wonder why Ikuchan doesn't have a part during the bridge, it looks like Mizuki -> Ume -> Kubo -> Asuka -> Miona

19. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    Presso already released his piano cover, so fast lol

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Not every terrible post is rulebreaking. There's no rule against repeating bad jokes... unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1