TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Result
    1. Kuranoo Narumi
    2. Oguri Yui
    3. Sato Airi
    4. Asai Nanami
    5. Sakagawa Hiyuka
    6. Shitao Miu
    7. Chen Sasha
    8. Yamauchi Mizuki
    9. Furuyama Nanami
    10. Watanabe Karen
    11. Nakamura Yuka
    12. Tanaka Rei
    13. Sato Suzuha
    14. Sako Yumemi
    15. Naruishi Arisa
    16. Narita Kohina
    17. Yamaguchi Yui
    18. Nagai Kurumi
    19. Kubo Hinano
    20. Arai Sae
    21. Matsumoto Otoka
    22. Akiyama Yuna
    23. Yamazaki Sora
    24. Yagi Azuki
    Mizumin, Eriko and Remi out, oh my dear, welcome back to 48
    Trivia
    • Zukky is the only one survived in "Mister" Team
    • Nakamori Mikoto is the only captain eliminated in this round. Only Wanatabe Karen survived among her team.
    The insiders
    The insiders are Fukuoka Seina, Nagano Serika, and Yamane Suzuha.
    Next round team
    Team A: Kuranoo Narumi, Sakagawa Hiyuka, Chen Sasha, Sako Yunemi, Matsumoto Otoka, Akiyama Yuna
    Team B: Oguri Yui, Furuyama Nanami, Sato Suzuha, Naruishi Arisa, Yamaguchi Yui, Kubo Hinano
    Team C: Sato Airi, Shitao Miu, Watanabe Karen, Narita Kohina, Nagai Kurumi, Yagi Azuki
    Team D: Asai Nanami, Yamauchi Mizuki, Nakamura Yuka, Tanaka Rei, Arai Sae, Yamazaki Sora
    FzPk1xtagAA2KPS.jpg

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

It's funny that 7/8 gen 18 girls in. I love the girls so much but I can't deny the purpose of this show to push these girls.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

They might be recruited to be wasted in this project to begin with.

The mission song for next round Body & Soul by SPEED

if the video does not show watch the video here

The dance is easy, kind of aerobic exercise dance-ish. The vocal side is more challenging than the last time and kind of R&B-ish. The only 3 contestants who could possibly hit high notes were distributed to 3 different teams (Chen, Naruishi and Nagai). I don't think this is coincidental. Still, only 1 high note hitter could not possibly save the whole song unless the music key were lowered by half an octave. (Shitao might do so regardless. Lol.)
    I wonder if Ichinomiya had any idea how difficult it was to sing and how easy it was to dance. Did not he mean to form a dance oriented group? The song also basically was sung by only 2 of 4 members and the other 2 just sang the chorus line.
    Also, I'm curious if they would perform this outside of dance practice room.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    There are low chances they final line up may perform the song other than for the next exam.
    THey have 1 more month to prepare.

Well, I almost had the Idols members.

6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I posted an image like that on a PD48 fb fan page and was censured and ultimately kicked

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    So the insiders wont participate in the next round? Weird why waste their time

Are these rank or just elimination without any ranks?

What are the eliminations based on?

Sasha chen is like the mary sue version of cockroach who wont die despite being useless (but pushed so much). Her twitter bio says so much about her no wonder her numbers arent that good

8. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    The 3 left the show, not even evaluated, they had allready told the producer they would drop anyway. Just why was Serika anounced early ? The editiing could have kept her decision secret until the reveal.

Judges ranking.
    Some are questionable though. Their best singer, behind 10th ? :wtf:

It's all based on the production Team's very own criterias.

Press reports:
    https://mdpr.jp/music/detail/3811179 and https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2284071/full/ (these are only the ranking anouncement)
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/3812529
    https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/3812687

Mr Ichinomya added some other judgement criterias for the final group: he aims at a group that values individuality and expressiveness.
    Hence the song choice for the next exam.
    The choice may also be driven by the song seniority. It comes from a time when none of the girls was born, pretty much no one knows it and it's a way of dancing / body expressions no ones is used to.
    The challenge is going to turn a 4 persons performance into a 6 members one.
    And finally they will have real lessons next week.

As planned

I keep thinking no one knows if it is a forced exit door

Last edited: Jun 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 4
  9. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Well, I have to admit that looks like a death list :^^;:, but censore it I think it's a bit extreme

10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Zunchan's thoughts on Note:
    https://note.com/zunchan0811/n/n5b8ac11d5bd3

I'm not sure if I understand right, anyway I get that they made her an insider but did not bother to show how it worked out. (unofficially to prevent too many from leaving at once)
    And it looks like the producer wasn't aware or didn't care

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    So...

- The top ranked members are the AKB members that DH pushes the most;
    - 7 out of (no pun intended) 8 18kis passed. I'm sure they're all amazing performers;
    - No one seems to understand the point of the insiders, and that includes the production team.

Wow...

• Like Like x 2
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

Welp. No hate to her but, seeing Narita passing should tell you about the said "criteria". Frequently looking at the floor while performing was desired expression? Neither the song choice was ideal for "individuality" and "expressiveness" evaluation. The more he said, the more he appeared un-knowledgeable in artist training. What "individuality" would be heard when he made contestants sang a song way above their vocal range? Different types of voice cracks? His producer seat also signals how knowledgeable those putting him there are.

Lol. That definitely was not true. The dance is basically groovy hip-hop style which has been popular. Here are some more advanced choreographs of such dance style.

It is unfamiliar only because they did not have proper urban dance background. SPEED's one was kind of 'old school' but, anyone with proper urban dance basic would not find it uncomfortable to dance.

I believe the formation would be dealt by Hana. If this is difficult for her, she should find a new job.

13. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

The one that passed really shows that it is not that "Out of 48". In fact it is in line with whose the one that DH keep an eye on.

14. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Seichan on Twitter:
    DeepL
    https://twitter.com/seina_fuku48/status/1672212467739688961

• Informative Informative x 5
  15. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The fact that Chen Sasha is the best ranked outsider shows how off this ranking is, really. Coincidental how they tried to push her as a perfect,talented. Despite her rap being cringey. Dont tell me on the dance stiffness and "one type of look"

Also sato airi.. is meh. She isnt as bad as Sasha tbh. But her x factor is overrated.

Yumemi ranked too low, in the respect.
    She is not perfect but i can see growth potential. I can see she can get more popular in akb so i guess she probably wouldnt be inside the final group

The first few ranks are management favorite, what is new.

Despite what this shows promise it underdelivers.

The challenge orders doesnt seem to increase in difficulty, with except of the future challenge (which indeed is the most difficult compared to previous one]. But oh boy this challenge should be the 2nd or 3rd challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Miu should have been higher. Sora too.

Seichan at least can't participate further. Not sure about ... you know what I've already forgotten who the other one was. If they still didn't inform the judges who the insiders were, maybe she was eliminated "fairly" (in so far as anything about this is fair).

People seem upset that the program staff weren't informed about Zunchan's status, but wouldn't the alternative be worse? Eliminating someone who (the judges decided) deserved to be on the show more just because she'd agreed to be a spy?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    I've got to give some credit to BBC: Seichan, Serika and Zunchan looked like the real ones and not robots.

18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I agree. It would be very weird to see the girls "disappeared" from the show just because of the spy status. Which tbh, how it feels regardless because the spies were gone before they could do anything?!?!?!?

Like the spies could be Takamina in Majisuka Gakuen ... u know doing reports to showcase these members' personality. But ofc in a more discrete ways. Or like Izurina in akbingo. Again this is a good idea IF they use it.

Talking about personality.. dont u all realize how this shows doesnt seem to interested to explore into the members' personality? Like yeah they are dancing , singing machines or a teammate.. but what about the personality ??

So sttange because i believe one strength abt akb and their shows were their diverse personality.

Okay if it wont be in the show, u cant make a youtube videos out of it?

Personality makes people want to root for them. As for now, most outsiders in the twitter have low number of followers (heck even i have more followers than all of the outsiders). Perhaps it is less memorable when they only portray their performances and struggles WITHIN the competition, but nothing is learnt outside that. What about * fun* mini games? Dokkiri? Heck i would kill for staged akbingo segment, done in different ways.

This made it looks like a prolonged wiz audition. It is cute if it is only 3-4 episodes but after that we want more

19. welp

welp Next Girls

Since they will be few more episodes, I guess this SPEED mission is the last one. So, the group will have 12 members? (Assuming they will again eliminate half of contestants.)

Episode 5 subbed
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GIvPCQrIErQlW4Sq8QtWjQ5zytmgcBTZ/edit

To be fair, we barely heard they sang and the point from singing was also heavily weighted.

What??? The difficulty surely increased.
    First round- Solo dance
    Second round- Group dance (co-ordination and formation to be considered, difficulty level x 1.5) + solo singing (despite 1 verse)
    Third round- Group dance and singing at once.

The spy reminds me of 'Nizi Project'. Every times before each elimination, Mr. JYP read notes from trainers how each trainee behaved in the class since work ethics and attitude were crucial for the job. Since contestants of Out of 48 did not spend much time with the trainer up until now, the report from the spy could possibly function like trainers' notes in Nizi Project. (But, it seemed like the spy was not well-utilized as the producer did not seem to take their opinions.)

I believe the show production team did not understand what they should sell. They handled this more like a game show, the focus was the 'process' of the mission with brief background and interview on each mission of the contestant. Even, the 'witnesses' were comparable to comedian hosts of a game show. They did no homework on audition show that they completely failed to see that the main product to be sold in the show was the contestant, not the mission. Thus, they generously gave the witness like 1/3 of their precious 23 minutes.

With such generosity to the witnesses, they could be no sufficient time to tell any story nor illustrate any personality. The cheap production further prevented it. Have you watched any Mnet's audition show? Did you notice they recorded all teams at once? Thus, they used multiple cameras and they had several dozens hours of footages to edit into 2 hr show. So much manpower needed thus $$$. On 'Out of 48', we only saw like 15 seconds of practice of each team and brief interviews of 2 members from each team. It looked as if they could only use 1 camera and 1 cameraman to record a team for 20 minutes before moving on to record another team for 20 minutes. Just 1 cameraman and 2 hrs 40 minutes of footages to edit. Even less than 1 fifth of manpower needed.

Mini games? Where was the time for that? Besides, just to show us more of contestants interactions during the practice and more of contestants' reactions to other teams could already more effectively show us their personalities.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You can see it as a documentary, it is a filmed audition nothing else.

Who cares about Mnet really ?
    It is not even close (for good and bad), neither the final result will.
    It lacks some kind of scenario, to make it more interesting, I agree. And they could have use some sort of storytelling.It's not like the watchers opinion matters.
    They could show more of the girls preparation before each test. They could have displayed the insiders feedbacks.
    Yet, they choose to show nothing, surely because they keep some budget for the future group TV show.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1