TV / Radio OUT OF 48 (2023/04/20 - 2024/03/28)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 24, 2023.

1. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Which would be dumb, because that means they aren't investing in developing audience interest now, and there won't be any left for the future group TV show.

All of this, 100%. So much time wasted on the commentators and the setup, neither of which matter nor were interesting.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Maybe because we expected this show can be the big event before the next single like AKB48 senbatsu election (the excitement, the narrative, the shock, the saltiness) but we are being presented with typical AKB48 show for the past few years (some might tune in, some might not, some might don't care, well, at least they doing something).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

So, who wanted to watch audition "documentary"? The production team meant to make it as entertaining as "documentary"?

I don't care if you care (as if your opinion matters) but, the show producer should have cared. He had to care if he wanted to make fun, non documentary, audition show. Mnet's drama manipulation can be over-the-top that it is frustrating yet, too much unnecessary dramas is way more entertaining than this "no drama" documentary. There is a reason why no one can make more popular audition show than Mnet. Produce series is a good watch to learn how to create drama.
    What if they failed to be aware of this because they had not watch Mnet's show? They did not know that to present longer preparation equated to portraying contestants' interaction thus, the chance to create a story, a narrative. And, they resorted to "AKB documentary" style interview instead.
    Where did this confidence come from? I'm 100% confident that the TV show will be cheap and boring. They already cut the cost on the most crucial element, the group's executive producer/creative director yet, you believe they will be generous on something much less important?

Even if you lowered your expectation to Icon Z or Who Is Princess level, this show will not meet it still. It's just disappointing because it is so bad in every single way possible and that's it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Maybe you should lower your expectation to the level of the typical AKB48 show for the past few years (which I had pointed out) and you can see there is nothing outstanding about OUT OF 48 in compare with others. It looks around similar level.

We just expect that this show is higher than what they willing to deliver and what they willing to deliver is nothing more than typical AKB48 show for the past few years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    AKB48 documentary format is indeed a good exemple of a better job done, because they focused / told a story aboout the girls.
    Also, It was said in previous posts, there were there auditions (The Wiz, Team 8 training camps) which were a more interesting watch.

It's disapointing to know that Mouri-p is involved in this, and it's not even at the level of his own productions.

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    If it were on the same level as other recent AKB48 shows people wouldn't be complaining as much. The fact is it's much worse.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    ok, stopping by to warn you, yet again, to be a civilised forum member, don't talk down to other members or use veiled insults
    If that's to difficult .... well...

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

Well, if that is the case, it is even worse. People expect it to be more grandeur than recent AKB48 shows.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Popuri

Popuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Twitter:
    filipa0048
    Honestly I think people were already expecting it to be bad going into it, judging by the poor marketing and lack of any information at all regarding the show, but it ended up being even worse than expected. This show isn't even decent, it's very much below average.

Either way, I'm sad for Kasumin. She is my favorite from 18ki and literally the only one excluded already. I'm just hoping this doesn't mean anything regarding her future in AKB, as I think she has the potential to be a good variety member.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Tbh i wish they did draft kaigi instead of half assed audition shows

11. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Looking at how management treats draftees, I don't think we'll have another draft. It seems they don't really agree with members' decisions and barely push/promote any of these members. Ask any casual fan to name three Gen3 draftees and I feel like they'll barely be able to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FlowingColors

FlowingColors Future Girls

@bonjourmarlene Without taking a look at the wiki - Moeka, Maho, Yuzu (because she posted yesterday that it was her 5-Year-Ann. since her theater debut, congrats btw^^) and Kobayashi as well, right? I'm lost about the others.. (And I was quite invested in AKB not so long ago, so I don't think it applies only for casual fans.)

13. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    If it weren't for Ran-chan, I'd struggle to name anyone other than Yahagi Moeka. When I became Ran's fan, I started paying more attention to her generation and can now name a handful (Ran-chan, Sena-tan, Mahopyon, Yuzupii, Moeka, Okarina, Megumin) but when I actually look at the wiki, it's crazy how many names are unfamiliar to me.

Looking at other sister groups that were also involved in the draft, it seems NMB made the most use out of it. Abe Wakana, Yamamoto Mikana, Shiotsuki Keito and Ota Riona all were senbatsu members. My NMB oshi Maeda Reiko is not a super famous member, but she was in senbatsu at least once as well. STU48 really used their third draftees well, I know all of the ones that are still active.

SKE48 and HKT48 kinda left them to die, similarly to AKB48 as well. The SKE members were all part of 1 senbatsu, but I don't count that one cause it was Koi Ochi Flag and that included every active member at the time. For HKT48, they pushed Watanabe Akari and nobody else. For NGT48, I can't judge cause I don't follow them at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I stopped following them too until suddenly from nowhere Fujisaki Miyu appeared and pulled me back in - and she's D3. :D

As for D3 members in other groups, in STU Oki Yuka is my 2nd-favourite member there and I like Wakapon and Mikanyan in NMB. In SKE and HKT Hirata Shiina and Watanabe Akari were on their way to becoming among my favourites in their respective groups but they graduated too soon.

For AKB my favourite was Moeka but now it's Yuzu with Maho a close second and Okarina in turn right behind her, however I liked Ran a lot for her talent and also Kitagawa Yuri, my favourite 4th Gen member in Nogizaka46 (sadly soon to graduate) was nearly an AKB D3 member.

So for me there's a lot of good D3 members and I'd be happy if there was to be another draft but I don't think there'll be one either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

I only watched some video clips of Team 8 training camp (unsubbed). So, not really know how the whole show was.
    Anyway, I reckon that show did not have useless witnesses and that helped much. The time limit might not as tight too? Also, we did see them got training and somewhat got better, some development. We did not really see that here. I would help if they showed how bad they were in an earlier day so we could better appreciate their final.

The show being more of documentary also lowered viewers' expectation. Viewers wished some excitement, some moving moments from survival show.

Most importantly, Team 8 doc does not have ambiguous goal. Are any of you seriously root for anyone to secure a spot in the new group? I don't think any realistic person see a potential from this new group project, from the combination of DH and Ichinomiya.

Mouri is not the P here, I remember. So, he cannot control the direction of the show. Yet, he must have been the producer if he is good. Lol.

At very least, I find this show way better than Saikin Kiita. At least, this show had a clear plan, clear direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Maybe this is a little out of topic but I think the problem here is the time of draft tournament.
    AKB at that time just had their new generation (16th gen) a year before and 16ki is a very big gen (19 members) also D2 were all new babies (Satopii, Erii, Rei) so they didn't need that many new faces (19 D3). I think that can explain why they only used (or push) Moeka and a little bit of Mahopyon.
    In fact, only 2/5 STU 3rd drafts got the push and they successfully become permanent senbatsu members.
    But I agree that NMB made the most used. They merged 3rd draft and 6th gen as 6D3 and made them a big generation and gave them their own song and stage (which AKB 16ki also got and D3 not).

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The lack of any clear plan or direction for this show has been obvious from the start. Saikin Kiita may be a little schizophrenic but at least most individual episodes were worth watching.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @bonjourmarlene
    Well finding moeka is already a reason. Too bad the scandal happens
    Besides, draft kaigi was 100x more interesting than the last few episode of this show

@welp
    Lol we actually agree on something. I cant believe saikin kita is a thing but akbingo and sayomori (i know i criticized the show) are gone well they are on different channels..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. welp

welp Next Girls

Strongly disagree.

As I have discussed, the level of difficulty increased in each mission thus, they had planned all missions from the very beginning.
    It was said they aimed to form a group doing "dance" song and, the whole show prioritized dance over singing. The idea of "spy" also indeed was smart. The behind-the-scene feedback on contestants was a great way to learn the true character of each contestants. And, character is a crucial aspect of idol. It's just Ichinomiya did not play along and trashed the spy idea.

Just because viewers and contestants were kept in the dark did not mean it was the same case to director and producers.

I just said they had plan. I did not say they had "good" plan.

That show has not died?! I thought it had been dead long ago.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Actually a lot of more interesting and funny than this sh*t show tbh, not always the same type of scheme in the episodes but they had a lot of interesting and enjoyable projects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1