KLP48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by tgsk48, Jan 1, 2024.

1. tgsk48

tgsk48 Kenkyuusei

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3. tgsk48

tgsk48 Kenkyuusei

done

• Like Like x 1
  4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Facts about KLP48

1. It's Kuranoo Narumi's first move as the new general manager of AKB48 Group
    2. It's the first 48 group created in the Reiwa era
    3. KLP48 is the second 48 group after Team TP (previously TPE48), created in a country that has less people than Greater Tokyo. Malaysia has 33 million people, Greater Tokyo has 38 million people, it's the most populous metropolitan area in the world

5. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Hummm she is not in function yet. And she will be more AKB official captain. Not even Mion ever said many things regarding oversea groups guidance.

6. yaya

yaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    My concerns and opinions :

1 . Malaysia is a Muslim majority country, their debut gonna spark some sensitive discussion.

2. Probably preferably Chinese descent, Indian descent, Sabah/Sarawak descent as Malay descent is most likely Muslim.

3. Their uniform maybe need to be a bit modest than the other sister group probably like Sakamichi.

4. Getting good trainee in between 15-17 y/o probably will be difficult as the biggest exam for teenage in Malaysia is SPM (17 y/o).

5. They probably will face some struggle during debut, to get public recognition as idol culture in Malaysia not really exist much (aside from overseas idol like K -POP & J - POP)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I was about to post about it tonight

KLP48's biggest concern: conservative muslims in Malaysia

As an example; Malaysia's minister of religious affairs was trying to ban bon odori because he thought it's unislamic https://japantoday.com/category/nat...minister-says-bon-odori-dance-not-for-muslims

It's not the same as Indonesia where conservative muslims can become anime fans (otaku aka weebz). Even it's currently election in Indonesia, a conservative muslim party created a campaign that attracts weebz, even including JKT48 fans, to vote the party. Disclaimer: Aceh is an exception, it's the most Islamic conservative region in the far east but it's just a province given special autonomy, not a country though they once wanted to separate from Indonesia until the tsunami

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
  8. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

That makes the establishment of KLP48 is quite baffling. You cannot sustain SGO48, why you think that you can sustain 48Group in Malaysia which is even harder.

My problem is the surface localization which makes KLP48 as a group which is hard for the Malaysian public to understand singing song which is hard for the Malaysian public to comprehend.

Manatsu no Sound Good! - Summer is everyday here. What so good about that?

Durian Shounen - How dare you talk bad about our most beloved fruit.

9. nigamushiotoko

nigamushiotoko Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    ≒JOY
    Twitter:
    hakata345
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I once found a Malaysian cosplayer released a content on Ko-fi with title "Summer"

Yeah she's still aware that summer is everyday in where she lives

11. Iz*One48

Iz*One48 Kenkyuusei

My point is for Malaysian general public which is most of them is clueless with what KLP48 is all about.

Good news is that it is not new for Japanese song is being covered in Malay language since it had been done during the 70-80's.

Bad news, it is not direct translation. Most of the time it diverged from original meaning of the original song.

12. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Y’all assume every new thing is gonna end in a disaster. And it never actually does.

That has literally been the case for every single international sister group when they started and it’s been fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    ^ for sure, for sure.

It's just that it's going to be much harder, especially because there are government backup elements to it. Kinda similar to team SH & team TP base country, but add onto that some 48G concepts just aren't so compatible with conservative muslims, especially for it to be a local group.

And I don't know about "it's been fine". I wouldn't say that any of the international sister group are particularly / significantly thriving. But I guess it does fall into the category of "fine" that most of the groups are simply surviving within the Jpop idols niche demographic of their country. I mean, the Japan-based 48G are doing just fine too. Surviving mostly in their own niche.

I'd say if they actually want this to be a success, a long term success, they shouldn't do direct translation of the concepts. Keep some of it, but don't limit themselves to it. It shouldn't be 48G with a spin of the country they are based in. It should be the other way around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. atif

atif Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    first of all, about idol culture. jkt48 for an example. idol culture for local idol is nonexistent at first. of course there are so many jpop idol fan in indonesia before jkt48 but for local scene, i can say none at first. lets give klp48 time. if klp48 going viral in tiktok with their song, i think they can be popular and attract more new fan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Sorry if I posted this in a wrong thread because I don't know where should I post it

If Superball could create a new group in 2024, can they revive 2 groups that got defunct because they couldn't survive the pandemic? SGO48 & DEL48

SGO48
    Japan has a lot of investment in Vietnam. If you buy anything from Japan, it maybe actually manufactured in Vietnam but was put on sale in Japan. Vietnam has a rapid economic growth but yeah, they don't have a strong soft power but reviving SGO48 as pandemic is over shall be good. Maybe local audience is enough for them

DEL48
    Many said the reason why DEL48 failed to debut wasn't only pandemic but lack of Indian people's interests to Japanese pop culture but recently, I found a post on Facebook about an anime con in India & it was pretty crowded. Maybe Superball should create a second attempt to introduce idol in India

16. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Maybe they can, just they will never do it on their own.
    Remember that each 48 group born after AKB48 is the result of a partnership with another company / conglomerate.
    In these 2 cases, the problem is to find a company who can manage the group locally.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just found this article which has been published today on an English language Malaysian news site called 'Citizens Journal':
    https://cj.my/139473/akb48-to-launch-malaysias-very-own-idol-group/

18. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    1- I fully agree, They were already being controversial, and I saw some comments saying "Isn't this haram?" LOLo_O:shock:

2- I have nothing against hijab, and loved it when Melody wore hers on stage, They could be some Muslim girls but it shouldn't be the majority because it could be risky for the hijabi members themselves, you know...honor crimes. Also, Chinese descent is probably one of their main markets since SNH48's SG is also gonna target those.

3- I also have expressed this idea. They do NOT need to go all SDN48 and can be a more STU48 group when styling it all. Also, they need to be something different from what JKT48 already is. Similar to what happens with BNK48/CGM48 and AKB48 Team TP/SH there are enough distinct songs are concepts for KLP48 to go on a unique path without even needing to do songs JKT48 already did (Except, of course, when it comes to the theatre setlist)

5- Like SNH48, JKT48, or MNL48 they will be pioneers, It can go well like what happened with SNH48 in China, or go south like MNL48. Even when there has been a market already, like Vietnam's SGO48 case, Vietnam's Idol market was too unstable even for smaller groups and CPOP was a direct competitor.

I don't think SGO48 will come back... maybe under SNH48's SG but it proved too expensive for a Japan-associated company.

I think DEL48 had an MV recorded already, If it wasn't for the pandemic and the company going nowhere we would probably have both DEL48 and MUB48 already, I have many Indian friends who would love an AKB48 group, And some female friends who would love joining the group as well.

One thing worth discussing is how will the group work, yes, I know we don't know anything yet but considering the latest 48G have been working "a la" Sakamichi, and Team TP having Units, I wonder how unique this group will be in that regard, and if we'll see any kennin from another 48G

19. yaya

yaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    Sorry for bringing negativity guys, I just hope management would tackle and resolve any issues early on so that they can grow just like the other sister group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    Your was more of a reality check tbh, We know how incomplete and incompetent management can and will be.

• Like Like x 1