Single AKB48 63rd single [Colorcon Wink] 2024/03/13

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by lionel90, Dec 8, 2023.

1. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Please DH, please.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    Akiyama Yuna, Arai Sae, Kudo Kasumi, Kubo Hinano, Sako Yumemi, Narita Kohina, Yagi Azuki, Yamaguchi Yui
    Source: Yunachan’s Twitter
    https://x.com/yunachan_akb48/status/1757028115803689431?s=46

• Like Like x 1
  3. htmfan

htmfan Member Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    SGO48 Hikari
    According to the official blog post, the centres for the coupling songs are

• "Hoshi ga Kienai Uchi ni", AKB48 U-20 Senbatsu: Yamazaki Sora & Hashimoto Eriko
    • "Papa ni Ienai Yoru", 17-ki Kenkyuusei: Hirata Yuki
    • "Machibito", 18-ki Kenkyuusei: Akiyama Yuna
    • "Lion wo Nerae!", Universe Girls: Iwatate Saho

https://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12840332873.html

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    At the beginning of the song, the poses are reminiscent of past AKB48 singles!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    full size https://imgur.com/a/h6GbG2l

You can guess first if you want to recognize them yourself!
    Details
    • Yuiyui - Heavy Rotation
    • Mahopyon - Labrador Retriever
    • Mion - RIVER
    • Manaka- Halloween Night
    • Ayamin - Ponytail to Shushu
    • Aichan - Oogoe Diamond
    • Naru - Gingham Check
    • Erii - Green Flash
    • Zukky - Everyday Kachuusha
    • Yunachan - Sayonara Crawl
    • Mizumin - Flying Get
    • Azu - 10nen Zakura
    • Yuiri - Iiwake Maybe
    • Shitao - BINGO
    • Yukinee - BINGO Aitakatta
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJozy2qRNlU
    Source : thanks to @xabizalla96 @bonjourmarlene @Mana @stormcaster answers in Discord,
    plus confirmation by Yukirin on her livestream : www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJozy2qRNlU

Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    I’m happy for Erichan and Sorara but honestly DH, when will I get the 1st Remi-Hiyuka WCenter.
    I understand your new KKS is great but Remi and Hiyuka are pure gems so I’d rather you don’t leave them out.
    Hoping it’s not a G-sign. Last single I questioned about Naamin consecutive center position (which is weird) but I didn’t think about graduation (and then my girl left).
    First Tomu (Unmei no Uta) then Naamin (Kimi wa Boku wo), the center position seems like a farewell gift for deserve-to-be-senbatsu-but-not-chosen member.
    Sahoo deserved a senbatsu before leaving.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Great quality (2160p) Colorcon Wink performance
    EDITED : the links are dead :(
    youtube.com/watch?v=5dd8assvhsU
    youtube.com/watch?v=-dahUB0BcGA
    credits to uploader
    Better get it quick! I don't know how long will it last on youtube haha

Here's a less stellar video instead

if the video does not show watch the video here

=======
    Confirmation that the voices at the beginning are saying "Such a beautiful color, Such beautiful eyes" :blush:
    on 41:12 of Yukirin's livestream : www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJozy2qRNlU

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  7. rmn89

rmn89 Member

i really love that part 3.55 when the girls facing to the camera and winking. both left and right

may be a reference on how camera conscious Yukirin is when performing. LOL. idk i might reading too much into it, but its just a very nice touch.

what im talking abt: LOL

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  8. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    Just watched the MV, it's amazing and really pretty. I hope they perform in these outfits again.

Just like some of you already said, it's a very "AKBish" song that really reminds me of Everyday, Katyusha(even the beginning of the choreo seems to a reference to this song).

Now about the tracklist...I hope that Sahho center isn't a grad flag and i'm happy to see that the KKS push is going strong, just wished they promoted at least some of them since they are quickly becoming the new pillars of the group. But i guess DH doesn't want to pay a member salary to these girls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Thank you for this! I used Yukirin's video as a basis for this twitter thread where I made a side-by-side of all the poses :)

https://twitter.com/curioushitomi/status/1757067784855437546

EDIT: For those who don't have a twitter account and can't view threads, here's the full post I made:
    Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.46.51.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.46.55.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.01.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.06.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.11.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.19.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.23.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.27.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.31.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.34.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.39.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.44.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.48.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.47.53.jpg Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 15.48.00.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    I don't know I like it or not... It's very AKBish but not in a good way. Mv and song doesn't fit to each other :^^;: excluding outfits, even with flowers, MV actually looks pretty dark

And great to see that management to give so much opportunity to 17&18 gens :banana:
    but why Satomina in U-20? She will graduate soon :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Chloe

Chloe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    chibaerii
    I gotta say, while I do enjoy the song, it's kinda harsh on my ears. I think it's a mixture of too much going on and not very good audio mixing that is making my ears hurt.

Apart from that, I really love the dance. I think it's so cute and fun, especially the formations they were doing. The costumes are also very cute!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    The only people who aren't included in this single at all are the ones who announced graduation quite a while ago, Satomina only announced a few days ago. That means she can complete the promotion activities until June whereas the members who announced during the big wave will be graduating within the next month or two.

The U-20 song includes every member that's 20 or younger and not part of senbatsu (or should we call them All Stars now?), and the Universe Girls song contains all members over 20 who aren't in senbatsu.

By the way, I agree with @wlerin about the audio quality. I think the song itself is great, it's really fun and very AKB, but what on earth did they do to the mixing in the pre-chorus? It's grating and dizzying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    The first few lines of each "verse" is like a rehash of Ebikachu (not in a bad way though)

The end of each "verse" — for a split second — sounds like AKB Festival. This is for a second (eg. 2:47, 3:08, 3:56 in the official MV)

2: 58, 3:20,4:08 is like Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby? Idk but it sounds like AKB song

3:38 is like Sustainable

3:10 also reminds me of AKB song

The song isnt bad though. The choreo is good. (Tbh akb recent releases never fail when it comes to choreo)

But damn the bad mixing returns!!!!! Like i thought akb mixing has improved considerably esp in DouSuki and Idol Jyanakattara ( the last subpar mixing was in Shitsuren ) and now... it is back...

I don't understand. The senbatsu quality is around the same. The members' singing voice/type dont change much. U have yukirin who have soothing singing voice as the center. But the mixing...

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I'm hoping the theater version will have less horrible audio mixing so I can properly assess the song, until then it's physically painful to listen to so I shan't even try.

15. John48

John48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I think it's done on purpose for the YouTube version. I've noticed that with songs of other 48 groups, and even with 46G and the Sasshi groups. It might be an incentive to make more people buy copies.

Excluding sound mixing, it's a very good song. As everyone else said, it just screams Everyday, Katyusha, which is a good thing since it's one of my favorite songs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    How is that an incentive? If anything it's a disincentive. AKB is already struggling as it is to get streaming plays, which they need if they ever want to be relevant again since the Oricon ranking changes. Also, that would be pretty bloody terrible since the YouTube MV is the canonical version.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I’m not a musician but if this song is meant to capture AKB48 golden era sound we have to keep in mind that akip and yuasa are boomer/gen x that appreciate brit pop 2nd invasion flock of seagulls and duran duran so i would suggest raising your mids up to +8 and putting lows and highs both in the negative to get this to sound right. Think of the synth heavy nageki no figure and rest if A2 setlist.

MV is visually very beautiful. But i got a bigger rush out idol janakkattara release

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. theworldofwindow

theworldofwindow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sutoririka
    This song sounds too much like K-Pop. Even the dance is a carbon copy of K-Pop.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  19. John48

John48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    To management it might be. "Want to listen to our latest single with clean audio ? Buy a copy." Companies can do terrible things when they want more money.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Err.. That is so far stretched. In the past akb has a lot of "good song, bad mixing" releases. Those bad mixing remains even when u download the FLAC losless rip of the singles/ albums.

HOWEVER, in the past akb also used to release the youtube video way long after the first performance

Usually the first performance is worst... Then they DO improve (and take into account some inputs) when the YouTube and the final "product" is released.

This is the first time akb (I can't vouch for sister groups/46g) release the YouTube video the same day with the first performance. This leaves AKB with less chance to do some fine tuning now.Youtube now, though, allows some changes in audio after uploads. I am not sure whether u can replace the audio just like that, but I think it might be possible.

As others have rightly pointed out, Oricon and friends have changed the number counting. Social media views are now counted. Plus, they can gain much more monetary incentives thru Google ads (directly and indirectly) so... The physical sales number actually depends much more on handshakes and collectibles/bonuses. I think @John48 's theory makes less to negligible sense.

Moreover, "okay mixing but bad song bitrates/quality" is not the same with "bad mixing". They require different solutions. Creating one same song with two different mixing is not impossible (e.g. see "skirt hirari" 0 to 1 no Aida version which has completely different mixing to the original skirt hirari).. But at this stage, I don't even think they meant to do that

I don't think so...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1