Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: Oshima Yuko / Team K

All right...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 画像探し♪ (2009-11-24 19:58:52): Yuko was looking through her "Picture Folder" on her cell phone, and she spotted some pretty nostalgic pictures taken when she was shooting for her PB, "...Arienai Nichijou." One picture was of her posing in the ballerina outfit, and Yuko pointed out how muscular she looked despite the pretty pose. The other picture was of herself sitting/stretching in front of a Kinoshita Circus sign. Yuko then talked about how her new DVD, "と、ゆうこと。", has a deeper and more exciting feel to it - something completely different from the vibe of her previous DVD, "ゆうらりゆうこ." Yuko closed her post out by saying how she wonders if she's grown as a person. (I think she's grown quite a lot since I first noticed her some 2 years ago - and the again, that could also be a reflection of how much I've grown since then.)

Well, I don't know if Yuko's really busy with stuff, or if The Supreme Powers That May Be have somehow compelled Yuko to post less; but I've only had to overview one blog post tonight. Under any other circumstance I think I'd be a bit sad; but since I'm in desperate need of sleep, I won't complain. (Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on sleep tonight. :))

Hopefully I didn't screw anything up amidst my own sleep deprivation. [wonder]

So uh...yeah! G'night! ^_^

2. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

Thanks a bunch gideon for that news ! It's good to read it.

3. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

Thank you so much, giddy.
    With your work I can understand much thnigs [rofl]

And thank at other who post here ;)

4. gideon123

You're welcome, people! :flower:

And now...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) (*´⊃ω・。) (2009-11-25 14:01:05): Yuko wasn't feeling too good the previous day, so she slept a lot and in turn was not able to blog that much. She had a more filming to do that current day, so she said she'd give her best on that.
    2.) 元気になる★ (2009-11-25 20:30:54): By nighttime Yuko felt much better; and when she came home, she was cheered up when she was greeted by her many Duffy Bears. Yuko then made herself some udon to warm herself up. (She hasn't made herself food in quite some time actually.) She then closed out her post by thanking everyone who cheered her on and wished her well.
    3.) 面白いじゃんか! (2009-11-25 23:29:55): Yuko ate her food, took a bath, and checked out a DVD - the Shuukan AKB DVD to be exact. She pointed out how it's really funny with a lot footage showing the different sides of the girls, including in the "Making of..." portions. (She even LOL'ed at seeing Mariko's scared face for the first time.) Yuko mentioned how the DVD also has footage of herself chatting with Miho, as well as a four-panel comic strip by Erena (to which she LOL'ed extra hard by herself in her apartment). She closed out her post by asking the readers to check out the DVD - as she posted a pic of the DVD case squished up against her cheeck.
    4.) 12時のシンデレラ★ (2009-11-26 00:19:46): It's past midnight already, and Yuko has an early day the next morning so she headed off to bed. The "Best Kayou Mastsuri" (or "Best Song/Ballad Festival") was earlier that day, but because of other obligations Yuko couldn't attend. (Some of the AKB48 members performed "RIVER" at the event, and I think Moeno filled in for Yuko.) She didn't have anything else to say for the night, so she goes to sleep. Yuko then closed out her post with a picture of herself sleeping with a Duffy Bear (try not to get too envious, people ;-)) with the caption - "Midnight passes, and Cinderalla's magic fades away..."
    5.) 発見! (2009-11-26 10:30:43): Yuko's on her way/in the middle of a photoshoot/recording, and spots a Duffy Bear in Haruna's bag. (I take it Yuko's gonna do her photoshoot/recording with Haruna.)
    6.) ★11月26日★ (2009-11-26 15:26:24): Yuko congratulated Erena on her 16th birthday, and wished her a happy life ahead of her.
    7.) キスの流星☆ミ (2009-11-26 18:55:57): No3b's latest single, "Kisu no Ryuusei" came out recently, and Yuko saw the PV. She thought it looked cool like FF - as in Final Fantasy. (And yes, she specifically clarifies that she meant "Final Fantasy.") Yuko asked Haruna to send to her a picture of them, and she does. It's a picture of Haruna and Mingishi, and Yuko wondered where Takahashi was. (I have no idea which Final Fantasy Yuko's referring to since I personally have only played VII, VIII, IX, X, and X-2; but I'll take her word for it. :))

And that's that, ladies and gentlemen! I was too tired to post the update last night, and I have the Thanksgiving weekend to contend with so I'll probably lag behind a bit. Nevertheless, I'll try to keep you guys updated with all the Yuko happenings I can spot on her blog.

So yeah...Happy Thanksgiving! Y'all have a nice day! ^_^

5. Hikaru1

Hikaru1 Kenkyuusei

^ WOW... [party] [party]
    THANKS A BUNCH gideon123 for translating her blog [bow] [bow] [bow]

Thank goodness she's feeling better now. [whew]

THE MORE I LEARN ABOUT YUKO THE MORE I'M BECOMING A FAN OF HER'S.. :) :inlove:

6. strongwindp

strongwindp Kenkyuusei

Here is my advise:
    You should be a Yuko fan because the day Yuko becomes Lord of AKB48 is in a near future :D :D

7. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

^ Fully agree :worthy:
    And as usual, thank you gideon, your translations are very useful and appreciated !

8. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

It's a particular post, Because it is my 5000 th post.

:mail: :flower: :mail: :flower: :mail: :flower: :mail:

I could have said thank you has to you all, I could have done something of banal but in one moment like this one, I wanted to say all it although I think of Yuko

It has is enough to a glance, it has is enough to a smile, it has is enough to only one tear so that I would be in love her . And all that with only one song : Naki nagara hohoen de

I had already noticed her before but this song transformed my vision.
    I discovered a sensitive woman, with a glance which makes you discover another world, which is able to make pass her emotions by the only power of her glance and her voice.
    Thereafter I have pay much more attention to her. And I discovered a person with so much faces, so much of expressions, which I am never tired to admire.

When I had her photobook between the hands and her DVD, I saw a child wife. Able to show as well her side of woman as her side of child. Who is able to pass from has the other and to make you travel. Similar in the last, where this double face is marked even more.

She makes me dream. Her eyes, her glance, her voice, her smile, that she arrives has to make feel, her imposing presence, her good mood, her moments of doubts, her moments of tears.

They are only words, words which have a sens, but which is only half of what I will want to say.

You go can be to say that I am insane, but I want only one thing , it's say :
    :inlove: 大島優子 :inlove:
    :inlove: 貴方が大好きです :inlove:

I can also say it, I must be insane. I never met her , I don't know anything on her . But it's a love nevertheless.

I believe that I will stop there before saying more silly things.
    :mail: :flower: :mail: :flower: :mail: :flower: :mail:
    Yuko will be always the best, the n°1

9. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Congrats on 5000 posts, albus! [party]

10. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

Yay!!! Happy 5000th Posts to albus!! A BIG Congratulations to you!! [party] [party]

11. Dakaniel

Dakaniel Kenkyuusei

Thanks gideon for the updates. I somehow skipped them for a while so I had a lot to read and watch!

And Albus... Posting this 5000# post here only proves how much Yuko is important to you ^-^

Like dedicating a precious victory or something ^-^

12. jam

jam Kenkyuusei

Congratulations, albusdumb!

Thanks as always for your updates, gideon, they're much appreciated.

Official website for the upcoming movie Yuko's appearing in : 「渋谷」 (Shibuya)

http://shibuya-movie.under.jp/

Being released in January, 2010.

There's a trailer on the site. (needs QT)

Attached Files:

13. strongwindp

strongwindp Kenkyuusei

Oh men, this is my 800th post , I'm going to give it to Yuko but now it's nothing with your 5000th. SO, I will give my 1000th post to her later, this 800th post now is yours

Congratulations, albusdumb

14. gideon123

And I'm back...wiiiith UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) わりばしのわりあい (2009-11-26 23:35:18): Yuko had dinner with a friend (she discloses the friend at a later post), and mentioned how she (regretfully) lost a game with the "waribashi, the type of chopsticks that are attached at the top and need to be pulled apart prior to use. (The game involves two people pulling apart the waribashi; the person with the larger "top" after the separation is the winner. You can check out the picture on her blog post for a better idea of what I'm talking about.)

2.) カオアリ゜。(-_-) (2009-11-27 00:24:42): Yuko took a bath and dried up before heading to bed - "Let's meet in our dreams." While drying up, she imitated "Kao-nashi" (or "No Face," a character from Miyazaki's "Spirited Away").

3.) 元気にしてた? (2009-11-27 13:19:11): Yuko talked about the dinner she had with her friend - the food they ate, details on the restaurant they ate at (東京都世田谷区下馬2-43-10 コムズ下馬2F//ちゃんこダイニングさくらいさんです), and finally the friend herself, Fukuda Saki. (She's an actress two years younger that Yuko.) Yuko closed the post by pointing out how much fun she had, and how she'd like to hang out with Fukada again.

4.) 「と、ゆうこと。」 (2009-11-27 13:30:00): Yuko announced the release date for her upcoming DVD, "と、ゆうこと。" (December 20, 2009) as well as the locations where it'll be on sale (Tokyo, Shibuya, and Shinjuku.) She also gave a website where you can find more information on the event - http://www.fukuya-shoten.jp/event/. Tickets for the event go on sale November 28. Yuko closed out the post by asking the readers to go check it out.

5.) TEAM K公演♪♪♪ (2009-11-27 17:35:28): Yuko was reading a script for a Team K performance. (I'm guessing the script pertains to the opening skit that the girls do for K5. At this point, I honestly have no idea what's going on anywhere anymore.)

6.) おち-(*'v`b)^\★ (2009-11-27 22:36:46): Yuko danced her heart out during the Team K performance. (Apparently her hip's recovered nicely.) Unfortunately, however, Megumi wasn't feeling to good, so she had to sit out after a portion of the stage performance. Yuko then showcased a coat she picked up at an Alba Rosa exhibition. (I think it's the same exhibition she visited with Kayo a long ways back.) I turns out that the coat's really warm, even if she's wearing a T-shirt underneath. Yuko then closed out the post by wondering how things will go with the new Team K.

7.) 公演中にね・・・ (2009-11-27 22:45:57): During a costume change for the Team K performance, Yuko cut her thumb on a sandal strap. It wasn't a big injury, but she did have to put on a band-aid. (She even pointed how even though the blood stopped coming out, she really couldn't look cute with the band-aid on) Now unfortunately, the band-aid was pretty obvious to see during the song, "Fan Letter," though Yuko hoped nobody noticed it too much.

8.) 元気の源★ (2009-11-28 10:03:53): Yuko was recording for a TV show that day, and she showcased a picture of the breakfast she ate before recording. (Please see the picture on this post to get an idea of what she ate.)

9.) いょいょ!! (2009-11-28 10:12:16): A movie Yuko starred in, "銀色の雨," was opened up in theaters across the country. Yuko asked the readers to check it out.

10.) 金曜日★ (2009-11-28 12:58:36): Yuko showcased a picture of her holding an issue of "Friday" magazine with some of the AKB girls featured on the cover. She then showcased some off-shot pictures taken during the shooting for the magazine. (Please see the pictures on her blog.) Yuko closed out the post by asking the readers to go check out the magazine.

11.) 大学教授??? (2009-11-28 20:57:03): Yuko talked about the Nemous TV mission that featured herself, Kayo, Sasshi, and Miho giving presentations at Meiji University. Yuko pointed out how she would've blogged about it earlier, but totally forgot. She pointed how there were a lot of students in the room, and they all looked so serious; but the girls managed to present their material - Sasshi with wota-gei, Miho with ideas for horror, Kayo with stuff regarding comedy, and Yuko with interpersonal communications. After the presentation, there was a Q&A session and along the way Yuko wondered, "Eh? I could be a teacher?!". Yuko received a special Meiji University Hello Kitty plushy, and asked that the people who missed the episodes go buy the DVD (box set most likely) when it comes out and check it out then.

12.) 銀 色 の 雨 (2009-11-28 23:15:10): Yuko urged readers again to watch "銀色の雨" and pointed out how much warm emotion there is in the movie. She also pointed how she played a supporting role for the main character.

13.) 仙台は~ (2009-11-29 12:45:36): Yuko and a bunch of the other AKB girls went over to Sendai for a handshaking event. Even though it's sunny over there, the temperature's still pretty damn cold.

14.) 握手終わったょん♪ (2009-11-29 16:05:10): Yuko pointed how the girls played a game where they role-played. (I'm not sure if this was part of the hand-shaking event or just among the girls backstage.) Yukarin was a dude (sorta), Sae was a Hollywood star, and Minegishi was an interviewer. The performance that garnered the lowest score got a punishment. Yuko closed out the post by mentioning how she and the other girls will be giving their all as they go on to do handshake events at Nagoya, Osaka, and Fukuoka.

15.) 怪しい゜。(-_-`) (2009-11-29 16:34:15): During a rest period at the Sendai handshake event, Yuko spotted two suspicious people quietly chatting and laughing away inside the tent - Kashiwagi and Mayu. Yuko went over and asked them what they were all looking at that made them laugh so much - and that in turn made Yuko look suspicious, too.

Holy cow, that was a lot! I guess that's what I get for taking two nights off for the Thanksgiving holiday. But yeah! That's that! I tried adding more white space to separate the different entries and make things easier to read; I might end up sticking with it for future updates.

It's currently late, and I'm riding on Red Bull right now; so if I've made a mistake, I'm really sorry. (And no, I'm not gonna go back to add url links in the post. If you don't know something, go look it up yourself. :))

And I'm done! G'night! ^_^

15. Dakaniel

Dakaniel Kenkyuusei

Oh frab that really was a lot!

I think she's super nice, honestly advertising for the things she likes and participated in.

I wonder what it was between Mayu and Yuki?

Thanks gideon for that huge update!

16. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

Same here. Maybe plotting something Machiavellian against Yuko :fear:

Btw, thanks a lot gideon for this update !
    Using a colorful and childish band-aid wasn't the best idea to hide it :XD:

And congrats Albusdumb for your 5000th post !

17. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

Thanks all [blush] [blush]
    ANd big thanks at giddy for all news ;)

18. ohno

ohno Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the blog summaries! [clap]

I want to bring up something that's been bothering me for a while. What is Yuko's signature supposed to be? Is it a picture or stylized kanji? I feel like it's something really simple that I'm not seeing.

Attached Files:

19. gideon123

^ You know...I remember wondering for a while what Yuko's signature was supposed to be after I got her autograph during the autograph session at New York Anime Festival. I mean, I recognize the 大 in her name, 大島, and I see a heart, too.

But then I gave up and just said it looked like wind blowing across fluffy clouds. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!!

From Yuko's public blog:

1.) 食べちゃったど-!! (2009-11-29 17:47:04): Yuko and a bunch of girls - Kasai, Rie, Itano, Atsuko, and Sae - ate cow tongue, first with wheat rice and then as a soup. The food was delicious, and the girls liked it.

2.) ただぃま~★ (2009-11-29 20:17:18): On the Shinkansen ride back from Sendai, Yuko and her seatmate, Sae, picked up some ice-cream. (It was actually Sae's treat to Yuko.) After eating, the girls fell fast asleep (or at least Yuko did - and liked it. :))

3.) のんびりTIME (2009-11-30 00:10:41): Before going to bed, Yuko had some cocoa to warm herself up. She pointed how the next day (November 30) is the last day of November, and how the month flew by so fast - perhaps a bad thing? (Even though the time stamp says it's already the 30th, she still treats the day as the 29th since she hasn't fallen asleep yet. I find that interesting since I do the same thing, too.) Yuko pointed out how she hasn't written her New Year's cards yet; and how in the past she's written her cards last mine, so she'd like to plan out the cards appropriately this year. Nevertheless, she's got her card designs picked out already. Yuko mentioned how this one show, SHOWBIZ COUNTDOWN, was really funny, and how she's grateful to be able to see it. (Apparently she's THAT busy as an idol.) She then headed off to bed - "Catch you again tomorrow!"

4.) My ケータイ★ (2009-11-30 13:09:08): Yuko took a moment to talk about her cell phone straps - a snowman, a Duffy Bear, and a Christmas wreath. The snowman's a hand-made gift from a fan. The Duffy Bear was a "cookie motiff" (whatever that means) but unfortunately got dirty over time. The Christmas wreath was from her grandmother. (Yuko points how she can feel her grandmother's spiritual energy by her side, and the wreath sorta helps to amplify that, too.) Pretty much Yuko's cell phone is in "full Christmas mode."

5.) 朝からみんなへ (2009-11-29 08:18:55): Yuko pointed out she went to bed, but then realized that she left the light on. She lamented over the wasted electricity before asking the readers who live alone how much they pay on their utilities. (If I'm not mistaken, Yuko lives alone, too.) She then headed off to Sendai for the handshaking event - with masks on for health reasons. (I somehow skipped over this post when I last did the updates - sorry. And for the record, I live alone, too; but I can't say off hand how much my utilities are.)

So that's that! Again, sorry for missing that one post. It's late right now, and I have the week to face after my Thanksgiving weekend, so I really don't know what else to say - except for maybe that Yuko is very, very cool. :approve:

So yeah...g'night! ^_^

20. ossan

ossan Member

My guess
    [​IMG][​IMG]