[CONCERT] Yossha ~Ikuzo~! in Seibu DOME - 7/22~7/24

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Jasey, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

so this entire concert event sucked and i'm not happy about it. To quote myself from twitter:

"Worst concert ever. They performed what, 50 songs in 3 days? ~10 stage songs, no units, no shuffles and no announcements."

2. wasshoi_b

wasshoi_b Kenkyuusei

Eguchi Aimi looks really different in real life!! :XD:
    Also, I think the setlist was good but it repeated a lot of songs in differnt days :cry:

3. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

I have no problem with you being negative about the concert because it's your own opinion, but somehow, people just need to stop taking it seriously. I would like to know what you thought about the setlist for day 3, even though it doesn't look like it's any better than the last 2 days.

4. ET920

ET920 Member

At one point a group must dispose of the early adopters to enjoy the mass market. I believe AKB48 has reached that inflection point where a number of old fans will leave, and a fresh, healthier set of fans will replace them. It is not that their concert "was bad", it is just that the concert "wasn't directed" towards the early adopters who boast deep knowledge about stage songs, shuffles, units, etc.

I understand the feeling, I used to love Metallica until they did Black Album, when they left all their fans of old behind to start pleasing the mass market. And Nightwish until they kicked Tarja Turunen and went definitively pop. And so many others. [boom]

SKE and NMB haven't reached that point yet, so those still not accepting this can follow those two groups. Or can jump to other groups that are starting to get some attention, like Momoiro Clover Z, Passpo, etc, but are still true to their fans. [notme]

5. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I really enjoyed the concert, since it never got boring or anything. I can see why people would feel disappointed looking at the lineup on a computer screen since it's a totally different experience...

Probably my favourite bit of it was when Tomochin did fui ni and then acchan came back out and they did the duet together, that was really cool.

Not sure why you guys are saying there wasn't a surprise, it was the janken tournament drawing. After Everyday the lights went down and a movie played for it and then the lights came on and TGSK was standing on the 2nd level with the janken brackets, it was a surprise for everyone including the girls. The drawing was hilarious as the girls realised who they were going against, especially when acchan drew her number to go against Sayaka, Sayaka was like "me?! :shock: ". (On the DVD you might hear me yell out for most of my favourite girls... :hehe: )

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, on the 2nd day Takamina revealed she learnt how to skip for the latest yasai sisters song, and skipped down the length of the walkway and back again :rofl: (if you don't get it, then go watch the old akbingo episodes). Also on the 3rd show Team A MC Shiichan was rapping while Takamina was dancing, hilariously embarrassing :rofl:

6. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

^We all knew janken lineup was going to be drawn though. We were expecting a surprise like, say, HKT48 debut or graduations or team 4 completed or new stages or something like that. Just having the girls draw numbers is the same as last year.

7. rui

rui Kenkyuusei

This definitely.

Concert setlist are ultimately planned for people who attend them. Especially for their first time in such a huge venue, naturally they will have to stick to more generic choices, tie-up songs/unit songs (for the sponsors/jimusho who fund them), and performing the album tracks because they are the newest (considering that not everyone attends all 3 days) I think that the best setlist was definitely day 2. The show itself had a really good tempo where everyone was constantly pumped up and cheering without a dull moment.

My friend who attended the show with me saw AKB48 for the very first time but she enjoyed herself on all 3 days very much too and she went home, logged onto amazon and purchased all of SKE, NMB and AKB's new song [hehe] I think this was partially what the management were planning when they planned the setlist. Getting AKB fans to listen to SKE, NMB's songs and support them and vice versa.

Plus it is a poor excuse, but we all know the girls probably didn't have enough time to rehearse a lot. AKB48 still needs time to catch up with their popularity. It is obvious that they still have a long way to go before getting accustomed to performing in such a huge venue, and utilizing such huge venue to its fullest.

My only complain is the lack of Hikoukigumo D:
    Why sell the scarf if you're not going to perform them ):

8. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It is ironic that people constantly state their fears of surprise announcements, then disappointment when those surprises don't happen. :fp:

9. ET920

ET920 Member

It would have been so awesome, the whole dome playing it. Plus it is the trademark goodbye song, just like Aitakatta is their trademark song for presenting themselves.

10. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Exactly. People want surprises, but they're alose afraid of those surprises incase it'll negatively affect their fandom and whatnot.

I reckon that if you're not some diehard wota expecting shuffles, or you only listen to non-theater songs, then the concert would actually be pretty okay. The rest would probably expect better from it, but given Aki-P's increasing focus on appealing to the mainstream…

11. bear107

bear107 Kenkyuusei

^ This
    and this

12. sameda

sameda Kenkyuusei

I need to see this... :cute:

13. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Ha, for once I agree with you. I'm glad that there wasn't a surprise graduation or something. Tournament bracket is enough news for me, and while the setlist could've used less singles it probably was a blast to watch, and will be a blast when they put the DVD boxset up for sale. Especially with the Eguchi Aimi part :D and the Majisuka skits. EDIT: Forgot to mention, and hearing DivA and Acchan sing live are definitely, big, big pluses in my book. Always have been and will be a fan of live singing :)

And the award of worst concert setlist still goes to the AX 2010 concert.

14. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

lol i know right? it's better without suprise :XD:

15. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

The red Flying Get outfits look really pretty ~ :3

I think the concert was good. I mean. The all 3 setlist were good (or wait.. the 3rd day's setlist was not so good ;w;). But the only thing I don't like is the stage. xD I don't like the school- themed stage at all. ;_;
    And the good thing to me is that there wasn't any big surprises. Like graduation announcements or team shuffles or anything.

@Cristafari: Yeah. Lol. I think too it's better that there's no surprises at all. :XD:

16. blukiss

blukiss Kenkyuusei

^ I think not having a big announce, is the surprise :XD: :XD:

17. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

^

Yeah! XD
    Totally! xD

18. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    The surprise of no surprise is a disappointing, lazy/cheap surprise.

I usually hate the whole school theme (Yeah, I know that has always been AKB's gimmick. No I've never liked it.), but since the only super school-ish parts are the pool and the basketball court, I'm hoping it still looks good.

19. blukiss

blukiss Kenkyuusei

@Micchipyon: the fans has gotten used to the big announcements after concerts, then suddenly no big announcements, it was kinda disappointing

20. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

^

Yeah, but I'm still relieved that there wasn't any big announcements, because I hate graduations really much. :/ And I don't like team shuffles either.
    But I kinda understand the fans who wanted to hear some big announcements. They wanted to hear something really surprising I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.