Itano Tomomi (Tomochin) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by issa, Jun 7, 2007.

1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Re: Itano Tomomi / Team K

Well at least she was very bold. I guess this required quality if she wants to continue in this business.

Besides based on YT like/dislike statistics she did a lot better than Acchan :lol:

2. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

I think she did fairly well, she is getting better on live singing each time IMO

3. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I wonder if these girls can read music? Makes a very big difference if you learn to sing a song reading from a music score. You in fact become a music maker as you sing from the score or having learned from singing with a group reading from a music sheet.

Those who learn and sing by ear have to rely on following their own voice or picking up the tones of the band. They tend to be music followers and not makers. If the acoustics are not good you end up feeling for the music and tentative with your voice/instrument.

To me Tomochin was a bit tentative, she seemed to be searching a bit - music following rather than making.

4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

I'm afraid I agree with this. :(

Yeah! Much better than the Idol Factory Performance.

AKB48 has more than 300 songs its impossible to follow or practice all of them especially since they're very busy. Each girl has her genre and Yokaze no Shiwaza is not really for Tomochin's liking. And beside we have Aki-P for the song making leave that to the old man. :XD:

5. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Much easier to remember a song perfectly if you have learned it from a score, especially this is what you do for a living. This how professional musicians...pianists, violinists, opera singers etc can have huge repertoires and render something they have learned at the drop of a hat. Even now I can render pieces that I may have learned 20 years ago. Like riding a bike, or learning a poem.

AKB singers/entertainers are professionals. This is what they do. Every time you perform a piece you should be 'making' the music, it will save you from getting lost.

6. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

I think you forgot the fact that she's an idol. And they're jack of all trades. And misses are expected if your living your career in a fast pace. And for God sake Tomochin is just 20 yrs old what she have done so far is already an accomplishment.

7. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

I started watching sooo late, this was the first performance that I saw in the Kohaku XD.
    Hmm... I wonder if she could hear herself during that perf, big stage like that and no earpiece... monitors... I dunno... [think]

Actually, I really liked her Idol Factory Performance. :p

8. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Most Japanese people can read music as they learn it pretty well in grade school...

I'm not sure where the notion of it's OK for idols not to be adequate singers. I mean, look at Matsuda Seiko, Nakamori Akina, Yamaguchi Momoe... and many idols in between.

Aki-P always commends Tomochin for working so hard during voice training... but... I really hope she becomes a stronger singer. I know she can.

Please don't take this as bashing; Yuko and Tomochin are my #1s (yeah, I have two of them)....

9. l3utt0sai

l3utt0sai Kenkyuusei

do u see AKB48 Kouhaku Taiko Uta Gassen ?

tomochin soo sweet. i try to find clip for sharing but they remove it quickly :cry:

ahh and i remind that all of u should not miss

111219 【SMAP×SMAP】次週予告 - AKB48×Pちゃん

i wanna be that rabbit :hehe: :hehe:

10. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHz-RjB04ko[/yt]

The video of Tomochin from AKB Kohaku Uta Gassen

11. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

yup i think there is no denying that tomochin has area for improvement in the singing category and i think most tomo fans hope that she will indeed be a better singer after all that hard work she put in during training. as of now, i will like to be one of those fans who will patiently cheer her on and witness her change to becoming beyond perfect as she already is now. [blush]

12. popegrizzly23

popegrizzly23 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka

Thanks for the video! I wasn't able to stay up and watch the whole show. It certainly was not a perfect performance, but it had its good points. Considering it is not her usual style of song I think she did okay. I'm sure she gave her best and will continue striving to improve. That's good enough for me! [clap] She certainly looked amazing as always and was able to give a couple little smiles even though it did feel like she was struggling a little.

So does anyone know which team actually won the competition? [wonder]

13. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

^ yes, white team won and she looked so happy jumping up and down on stage with her teammates.

14. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

white team won~ and i was so confident that red team will win when i first saw the team lists because it did seem that there were more popular members in red team. tomochin looked ultra cute when she was jumping [cool]

and here is a ZIP news clip on the internal Kouhaku:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SJcRR9E98Y[/yt]
    starting from around 2:00, the child actress of drama Kaseifu no Mita said that her oshimen is tomochin~ [rock]

15. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100

I really appreciate it she sang live :inlove: :inlove: I am still loving her though, she's one of my favorite :XD: Tomochin, ganbareee~~ and congratz for shiro :)

16. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Actually I'm not bashing Tomochin, I'm reasonably fond of her.

I mentioned sometime before on a different live performance that her problem might be breathing. Breathing technique is an important skill that singers need and can quite often stuff it up if they forget. I say this because she actually pretty much sings in key, which is great since the most grating type of errors for listeners is hitting a wrong note. It also means there is nothing stopping her becoming an excellent live solo singer.

So then I wonder if she tightens up with nerves on a live performance as that will affect her breathing rhythm and if you get that wrong it can make you sound weak on some notes. Especially for pieces of music that have weak beats and and very few strong cadences that would normally guide you.

Her voice is nice, she Can sing in key, just work on the breathing/phrasing when tense and she will be a very nice singer. She already looks great.

17. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

She's got good taste...(yes, this statement is a little biased, of course... :hehe: )

18. l3utt0sai

l3utt0sai Kenkyuusei

19. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

^
    thanks for posting! tomochin was superrr cute during Kachuusha, esp when yuko, acchan, takamina & her practically dominated the screen for a full 5 seconds :cute: :cute: :cute:

being biased is highly encouraged :^O^:

20. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei