Single AKB48 25th [GIVE ME FIVE!] '12/02/15

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Criss, Dec 12, 2011.

1. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 25th Single [GIVE ME FIVE!] 2012/02/15

Here's an interesting one from H!O user iu-kun: "AKB48 "GIVE ME FIVE" is plagiarized from the song "Minami Kaze no March" Original by Watariguchi Tomonori. Tomonori filed a complaint about this. AKB48 staff hasn't commented on the matter."

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh7OCtO5jw8[/yt]

I hear the similarities. What do you all think?

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Haven't these girls practise their instruments for a whole six months before their live show? I can't believe they'll make the other groups go through that.

And like a few have said, I'd rather keep Baby Blossom special..

^ ^ and yes, I'd really like a dance version, and a dance version PV. Or even better, they can have a PV where Baby Blossom are playing live and the rest of the girls are doing the dance :)

^ we've heard about this before - I'd read comments that maybe they had the rights to do it.

3. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Ah, I only scrolled back a few days, so I thought it was something new. I'm hoping they got the rights, as you'd hate to see them go into litigation over this.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Well, if Tomonori actually complained, I guess they didn't have the rights... [think]

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

from 2ch:

Hmm, interesting...
    In the end it reminds me of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdxkVQy7QLM

6. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

Mr. Watariguchi complaining about plagiarism really doesn't mean anything. It happens with every other pop song. I can see certain similarities in the songs, but plagiarism? Please. :rolleyes:

7. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

Someone in the H!O thread posted a link to some news article in regards to the possible plagiarism. I tried using Google translate, but you all know how that can go. I figure it couldn't hurt to post it here and let those who can read maybe put their two cents in.

Also read that a complaint wasn't filed, so maybe it's a moot point now.

http://netasoku-cruise.gger.jp/archives/5788802.html

Who would've thought we could bring Barry Manilow and Matsuyama Chiharu into an AKB thread!

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

It's not really a news article with some integrity, it's just a gossip site. The only sources they have are "Some optimistic woman." It reads like Gawker (Kotaku/Gizmodo/etc). Fun stuff but nothing official.

9. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

This is ace :) I really liked listening to all of those. I might download them all and create a "same melody as GM5" playlist. I actually really like the brass band version, probably because I tend to prefer instrumental music to music with singing.

btw, the first 3 notes of Mayuyu's new single are also the same as GM5. And by horns as well :)

And this video was really ace as well! Love Pachebel's Canon too :) Its the best chord pattern ever... or maybe just the most used according to this vid

10. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

LOOOOL OMG THE PACHELBEL RANT. I LOVE THAT VIDEO SO MUCH. XD

It's so hilarious... XD

I actually love that piece but I still find it hilarious... XD

Umm yeahhh since I've seen that video, really, I don't care if songs sound similar since really, all music is kinda recycled... =w=

But

That last one from 2ch (not including GMF of course, lol) is really close though. =.=

But if there was no complaints then it's okay...? Hmm... =/

Really though, so many songs are so similar... XD

11. luckyone

luckyone Kenkyuusei

It does sounds similar in some parts, not much in general though…

12. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Hitsujikai no Tabi - Special Girls B (full radio rip) (from today's ANN)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bz6ib6yi6hin9x8

Team A: Iwasa Misaki, Ota Aika, Katayama Haruka, Kuramochi Asuka, Kojima Haruna, Takajo Aki
    Team K: Akimoto Sayaka, Umeda Ayaka, Kikuchi Ayaka, Fujie Reina, Matsui Sakiko, Minegishi Minami, Miyazawa Sae, Yokoyama Yui
    Team B: Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kitahara Rie, Sato Amina, Masuda Yuka, Watanabe Mayu
    Team 4: Shimada Haruka, Nagao Mariya
    SKE48 Team S: Matsui Rena
    SKE48 Team KII: Takayanagi Akane

NEW SHIP wasn't broadcasted...

EDIT: Well, I think NEW SHIP is this one (starts at 2:34~4:02, and again at 34:00~35:18; btw, Hitsujikai is at 31:08)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAWuQhXLK10[/yt]
    NEW SHIP - Special Girls A
    Team B: Sato Sumire
    Team 4: Ichikawa Miori, Iriyama Anna, Shimazaki Haruka, Yamauchi Suzuran
    AKB48 KKS: Iwata Karen, Kato Rena, Kawaei Rina, Takahashi Juri, Tano Yuka
    SKE48 Team S: Kizaki Yuria, Matsui Jurina
    SKE48 Team E: Kimoto Kanon
    NMB48 Team N: Watanabe Miyuki
    HKT48 1gen: Kodama Haruka
    JKT48 1gen: Melody Nurramdhani Laksani

13. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

Can't believe no one commented on this yet.. Thanks caramujo.

Special Girls B> I'm not a fan of ballads but I guess it's allright. What makes it great for me is that I can distinctly hear Yuihan's voice.

I don't think I can comment on Special Girls A yet. Hoping for a version without people talking over it soon.

14. Moy

Moy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina

I'm actually not going to listen to any b sides until the single actually comes out, lol.
    I don't know why but with every single, I think I spoil the surprise by listening to the songs before it's released in high quality and it takes a lot of the surprise away.

15. ping2

ping2 Kenkyuusei

Maybe Aki-P thought if AKB48 didn't do something different, they wouldn't be able to compete against other sister groups, like NMB48 with rocket popularity now :blush:
    Or maybe he want to teach other things to his girls, so they can have much more opportunity and choice after they graduated from AKB48 [rock]

It isn't just for fans, you know :music:

16. Kyulmie

Kyulmie Kenkyuusei

According to twitter sources (s_egg & translations by akb48journal), NEW SHIP PV was shown at a Team 4's show. Double-center are said to be Matsui Jurina and Watanabe Miyuki.

---

Well, I have mixed feelings about this. Out of the bunch, Jurina and Milky are definitely the only two who have past experience as centers. So I do think that it's more logical to choose these experienced two to lead the song.

At the same time, I see NEW SHIP lineup as the future of AKB in some ways. It's ironic that the future of AKB's center would depend greatly on sister groups. I was hoping either Suuchan or Paruru got to co-lead (lol ffrom the start I kinda guessed that Jurina would be the center anyways). As much as loveee my bb Mirukii, I do hope that they give Suuchan, the team 4 girls a good amount of screen time, rather than focusing too much on the sister groups.

17. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

^CMIIW but it was also mentioned that EVERYONE got their close-up screen time. Gossip saying Melody of JKT48 has a lot of screen time :hmm: [flip]

18. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin

So how are the not senbatsu girls ever going to get experience if they don't get the chance the be center in the special girls / undergirls song of their own group? Why not a Jurina/Paruru/Suuchan triple center? There has to be a good reason for but still I'm not a big fan of the outcome. I don't see anything in Milky and she's not more popular than Suuchan or some of the other girls in there and she's definitely not the future of AKB.

19. oddball

oddball Member

^

though I am not surpised about Matsui Jurina and Watanabe Miyuki being the 'double center' but I also agree with Kyulmie I was well I suppose hoping more than expecting a Paruru, Ranran or Suuchan to be up the with Jurina('cos it was always going to be Jurina, even though I think she's peaked already but that's another matter) I suppose we can only hope for alot of screen time for the AKB members, like you say, it is in some ways worryinng, that even with more and more 'infulence' in AKB singles from the other groups it would be.... weird to have the future AKB singles lead by More xxx48 groups than actual AKB on a regular basis

Well was sort of half expecting a ballad when I looked at who was picked on the whole, still the groups matches well voice wise, and it's a pretty good song, very pleasant I would say

20. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

@Discothèque

For some reason .. I don't really like Milky, too. But I guess she is the future of NMB .. so .. meh.

Personally, I think Jurina, Milky, AND Paruru centers would be more fair - you know, one from each group.