Who will replace Acchan?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by karles48, Dec 4, 2011.

1. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

You means Kato Rena ? :D

2. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

i dont think "replacing" is the right word, its more like create a new center.

i dont think yukirin would be the one,
    cuz yukirin was never be aki-p oshis in the first place.

3. lightspring

lightspring Kenkyuusei

I think Acchan's spot is too big to just replace her with another girl, like what happened for Erepyon and Yui. Mostly AkiP will just move senbatsu for songs up a spot, so I suspect we'll see even more of Takamina from now on.

But they'll have to establish a new face later on - I think Renachii is a good pick, Karen is maybe still too young but she has potential too. (Miyu can take over the Takamina role when Takamina graduates)

The Yuko/Mayuyu rotating center sounds good too. Rotating the entire regular senbatsu for center sounds even better.

4. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    Renacchi it is :lol:

5. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    For anyone saying it'll be Yui... be realistic. Just placing senbatsu last year nearly caused the girl a seizure.. what do you think will happen if they say, you're our new number 1? You'll kill the girl outright!

6. Geter92

Geter92 Kenkyuusei

She can't be replaced, I don't even think Yuko would stand a chance replacing her.

7. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

As much as I love Yuko, even I don't think she could replace Acchan. I mean, you really can't replace someone that's been the face of the group from the beginning easily.

However, I like the idea that reddertar mentioned about rotating the center :approve: .

8. Geter92

Geter92 Kenkyuusei

The main thing I want to know is how long has Aki-p known she was graduating soon, because a lot of people have been getting big pushes lately.

9. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    What I'm hearing around the internet is that maybe the rumours of graduation last year were true but because of the earthquake, she decided to hold on longer. Now with Tokyo Dome announced she's returning to that decision.
    Is all just speculation of course, we'll never know.

10. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    We don't know how it goes... But surely it is a sad time - but we have to really now once they're in their mid-20s, then I think that's when they start to really decide to move on and either to "stay in AKB48 a bit longer" or even the most ultimate decision - "I'm done"...

11. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I think that the natural beauty of Acchan helped AKB48 achieve mainstream success. Is there another member who can have the same appeal to the general public and not just the hardcore fans? I have to say that I'm a little worried.

12. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I think it'll be Mayu considering how she got a solo debut and how she's the center of the second verse in Manatsu no Feels Good. Maybe there are plans for Renacchi, but being realistic she's not popular at all so it wouldn't make sense and probably make her earn a million antis without enough fans to make sure she doesn't flop. She might be next in line for the throne, but I don't think she's ready to be thrown out there in the center.

Yuko is not an option I think because she's not young enough to guarantee that she'll stay in the group for a long time. I think she might graduate soonish because she really wants to pursue her acting career.

I don't think Yui has been groomed for center the same way Mayu has, and I don't think she's in Akimoto's plans as much as say, Sasshi who I'm sure will become Team A's ace, but I don't think she can be center just yet, especially because she's a type of idol that is not the mainstream so making her center would change the whole image of how AKB is perceived. I don't think they want to risk that.

13. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

I think the question is "Who will become the new "face" of AKB48?"

Emotions aside, no member can truly be replaced when they leave so it's really Who can replace them in their position on the team.

Yuko would be the best candidate is she's easily the most recognized member of AKB besides Acchan. Problem is... she's also the next likely candidate to graduate.

Yui isn't groomed well to handle the leadership role but, then again, neither was Acchan when the group started, so I don't know why people say Yui shouldn't be leader.

Sasshi isn't ready for the role either.
    Takamina is already "the" leader of the group and can't handle the extra responsibility/duties.
    Yukirin or Mayu... unlikely.

The problem is that Tokyo Dome was "supposedly" the goal of many of the girls, esp. the 1st Gen, members. Many of them have outside jobs now and, after performing in Tokyo Dome later this year, many of them may also consider graduating themselves.

Leadership isn't something someone is born with, but a role thrust upon, whether willingly or not.

Management has to balance out the teams so it's really up to them, not us, to decide.

Whoever gets it, congratulations and good luck [clap]

14. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    I am going to throw this out here:

Jurina.

Who said there was a law that an SKE48 center can't be an AKB48 center as well? She's done it before and I'm pretty sure she's considered one of AKB48's centers already and really it has nothing to do with dancing style or style in general nor does it have anything to do with popularity. Centers are there to attract attention and I tell you, the kid is an enigma and is very capable of attracting attention.

15. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    It's the same thing I've said many times for many other events such as these.

Let's just sit back and watch.

16. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

I'm up for Jurina as a center. Rage on me all you want, but this is what I hope to see sometime soon. Maybe not forever, but at least a couple of times.

As far as opinions are concerned, I cannot relish the idea of Maeda not being the center. Yuko was once before the center, and in fact, she was the one who drew me into the business into the first place, only to have Maeda take over a while later. Not having Maeda as a centerpiece is plain difficult for me.

But in the end, all we can do is watch the wave flow. Something's bound to brush up ashore.

17. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

I dont think anyone can replace acchan.
    someone can take her spot as center but they can never truly replace acchan.
    theres something about acchan that makes her perfect for the possition(in my opinion). something that i dont see in any of the other girls(not even takamina) except for yuko, but that's still not in the same level as acchan.
    i think yuko would be the best candidate to take the center position, but i agree with what garnetjaster said. what akb needs is a center that would be able to draw in attention to the group, stay with akb for a long time and handle the pressure that comes with the position. Whatever happens i hope that akb survives this trial and keep on going strong.

18. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

I don't remember where I read it, but the centerpiece of these groups (not just for performances) has to be someone with certain specific traits including the appearance, personality, and someone who looks like she can attract a lot of people at once. Some people just have it in them; others just don't.

19. ayo_uno

ayo_uno Kenkyuusei

Looking at it from a visual aspect, I can see girls like Jurina, Myao, and Akicha holding Acchan's position. They all have the girl's next door look that sorta grows on you(at least imo). But when you add up all the factors that add up to be a center, they all have something that holds them back from that.

For Jurina, I think it's that she is/was SKE. The management loves her, and she has a good general public appeal/fanbase, but the fact that she was originally part of another group, may be a turn off factor for her as center. There's also the fact that a lot of fans seem to dislike her cause of her push.

For Myao, her personality and popularity are not good. While her personality is entertaining, she comes off as a bitch sometimes, even if she doesn't mean it. That won't really look good for her. Plus the fact that her popularity didn't move fast enough to catch her push. Plus I doubt they'd want someone who's a little chubby.

For Akicha, I'm not really sure, but I feel like that something a center needs, she doesn't have. She receives a decent push, but she's one of the less popular senbatsu girls, and I don't really see her getting higher.

Although the rotating centers sounds like a good idea.

20. ET920

ET920 Member

Takamina, Kojipa, Yuko or Yukirin at this moment, there are no other answers. No other girl would be able to stand the pressure of having to replace Acchan. I'm guessing Akimoto wanted Yui or Paruru to train to eventually replace her, but Acchan graduating this year won't give him time enough to present them as real alternatives.