Iwata Karen (Karen) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. Sirfonix

Sirfonix Kenkyuusei

karen has antis?

oh i dont know that...

since i've just become fans of akb.. ther'se a lot that i dont know :(

2. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    FIXED. It's not my tumblr, I haven't posted in ages. :^^;:

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Takasu Mikiya, owner of Takasu Clinic (probably the most well-known clinic for plastic surgery in Japan) made a post on his blog about the issue with Karen's nose.

http://ameblo.jp/drmikiya/entry-11460184712.html

Takasu explains in detail what kind of operations would be performed in a case such as the one Karen was describing. He says that none of these would result in a slimmer, pinched nose. These are entirely different surgeries. He also says he wishes that once the scars have healed, Karen will have another operation to return her nose to a more natural shape.

I myself have been through plastic surgery on the nose (not cosmetic; I had breathing issues). All I can say is that her nose looks terribly unnatural and that it looks nowhere solely medical. I've got no reason to doubt what she said about her health issues. I'm sure those were the main reasons for undergoing surgery but it sure does look as if they added a little cosmetic change on top (a pretty botched up one at that).

Depending on how deep the surgery was the bone and muscle structure is still developing (it's probably still swollen too), so the shape might still change quite a bit in the next weeks and months. As of now, it unfortunately looks pretty messed up.

4. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

My father actually had a very similar surgery. He had broken his nose several times when he was young, and it never healed properly. This resulted in a deviated septum, a slightly crooked nose, breathing problems, etc. They went in and fixed it, but his nose doesn't really look any different now--the only difference is that it's slightly straighter, but the shape is the same.

Still, I wonder if the possibility exists that somehow a cosmetic change is simply the result of some kind of intensive surgery on Karen's nose...we may never know. I hate feeling like I can't believe her words though... :(

5. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

its a bit old, but i just wanna share this to Karens new fans..

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/55232017[/vimeo]
    credits to Angelii :)

6. Sol

Sol Kenkyuusei

Hi Everyone, I'm kinda new to the whole Idolising thing, though I understand it is a natural confusion (Any of you ever found that some girls just dont match up anymore as they cant compare to your AKB48 Idol?).

Basically, I kinda dropped in on the AKB48 Hype when they were mentioned in my Neo Magazine (UK Anime Magazine), and pretty much ponked myself at the start of the MV's when searching them on YouTube etc. Needless to say, I am now AKB for life, BUT, I had a horrible moment when i thought to myself, it's great and all giving myself over to the group, but to whom do I offer my undying support (and unsociable life).

I went through Video upon Video, learning of the different "Spin-Offs" I guess you could call them, including no3b, DiVa and the recent No Name. For me, it was No Name that did it for me. Kibou ni Suite when I saw it and Karen-Chan, my heart and mind finally agreed with eachother.

Iwata Karen will be my Idol, the sole beneficiary of my adoration and support (aside from the generality of supporting the entire group :D).

Anyway, nice to meet you all, I dont know a lot about Karen-Chan but I do so wish to learn.

Also, Apologies for the long post...... Gomennasai!

7. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

@Sol: Karen is a cute and good girl :)
    She's a good singer too.
    I'm glad she is getting more fans.

NO NAME is the best subgroup to come out of AKB by far, in terms of song content.
    (member wise I'm still a little biased towards no3b and DiVA)
    Aki P wrote NO NAME some great songs.

8. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    You, sir, have a very good taste :awesome:

Btw if you interested, you could check here
    Me and my friend just made that days ago so it's still new, but we'll try our best to keep up
    Oh, and anyone interested to contribute please don't hesitate :awesome: translator much appreciated (not gonna lie we still suck at it, lol)

Oshi-ing Karen won't be an easy ride though, the management seems not favoring her, but I hope that won't stop you from supporting

Anyway welcome aboard [clap]

9. Sol

Sol Kenkyuusei

Thank You Zippy for the welcome and that. Just lol'd at the anti foot odour gifts she got for Ricchan.
    I don't think becoming an Oshimen ( hope that's spelt correctly) increases interest from the management but just allows us, the fans, to offer our support to the extent our idols never give up.
    I am impressed, not only with Iwata Karen's appearance but her obviously dedicative work ethic. She still new to the Regular teams and with a "second from centre" position in No Name, sky is currently the limit for her.

Sorry if some of that made no sense, I find it difficult to pit technical opinions into words.

10. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Me and some friends are planning on performing Hana wa Saku at Experience Japan in Dublin. Looking up her version for influence (we're rearranging it), I found this gem. Old, but she's so cute in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WtYq3hu89U

11. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It's not old, this was a very recent performance on Music Japan from last month.
    Yeah, it's a really really good performance :)

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So does that mean this was just before her surgery, then? That's all I was basing it on. That, and she kind of looked younger than usual... maybe just the hair.

13. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Make sure you record it yeah :^O^:
    and maybe post it on her G+ later, if you're lucky maybe she will see :awesome:

14. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Karen's Hana wa Saku never fails to mesmerize me... Can't help but wish I had the awesome score for that song...

On other news!

Karen-chan recently bought a foot perfume to treat roommate and nakayoshi Ricchan's 'smelly' feet. So sweet lol :inlove:

15. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    just copying from my blog

Today NONAME held their 1st LIVE event at Makuhari Messe

AKB0048 NO NAME FIRST KILALIVE setlist:
    overture (0048ver.)
    M1 Kibou ni Tsuite
    M2 Yume wa nandomo umarekawaru
    M3 Oogoe Diamond
    M4 Shoujotachi yo
    M5 Niji no Ressha
    M6 Kono namida o kimi ni sasagu
    M7 Aruji naki sono koe

Approximately 2500 fans came and watch the show

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-xFrOU ... 0217-1.jpg
    http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-rcdmB ... 0217-2.jpg
    http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-atlgp ... 0217-3.jpg

16. InfernalPossession

InfernalPossession Kenkyuusei

Hopefully they will release this live as special feature for the upcoming single.

[​IMG]

17. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

i noticed Karen´s nose is back to normal?! here is her feb theatre photos. it looks normal to me and better than before :chuffed:

[​IMG]

oh btw, she is so cute in this photo. and i love her hair :inlove:

[​IMG]

18. Zippy

Zippy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    ^
    Most probably taken before the surgery

This is from LOD two weeks ago, still quite visible here
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/60897331[/vimeo]

But really, the more you see it the more you'll get used to it, I know I already am
    Besides the girl has so much else to offer than just her looks, many interesting value and traits
    Don't let such small matter bothers you ;)

19. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

Jumping in...

I feel really shallow about not liking Karen's nose...I'm sure there are other people who are fans of Karen who feel the same way...for me, it's hard to like an idol whose physical appearance I don't find "cute". Karen is still cute, of course, but every time I look at her, I immediately focus on her nose now. And I feel bad, which makes me not want to look up pictures of her anymore, which in turn makes me feel even worse [worried] Such a terrible cycle.

20. foodlfg

foodlfg Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    yamadanoe
    Twitter:
    foodlfg
    She definitely looked cuter and her nose looked more natural before the surgery.
    I wonder if it will stay this way...

But I gave her +15 points in the Member Ranking and it wasn't for her cuteness or her nose.
    It seems to me she is someone who is fun to be with and I like her voice too. So in my eyes she didn't really change. And I hope she will stay this way, I don't want her to loose her bright side because she is discouraged by the critics.

But yeah who are interested in perfect idols those might be disappointed.
    But I don't think that what is happening around Karen now is a big deal. She is still much more attractive than Takamina anyway... XD