Single AKB48 32nd [Koi suru Fortune Cookie] (2013/08/21)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 24, 2013.

1. banzaiwota

banzaiwota Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Overall i like the "disco style" of the song it's quite catchy and unique!!!It's quite "GOOD" song so far!! :inlove:
    But i think the tempo is too "SLOW"!!!I think they must sing the song a little "FASTER"!! [wonder] [wonder]
    AT least the tempo has the same tempo like Sayokuro!!!So the song has a "DASH"!!!!!! :^^;: :^^;: :^^;:

2. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

i really like the song [clap]
    it's easy to enjoy & humming..
    but seriously i really like the girl that being playful..yuko, sae & yukirin.. [hehe]
    they make the song seems enjoyable..yuko was the queen.. [rock]
    the only problem for me it just the outfit not really match with the song.. :blink:
    the outfit was suit with more fast & upbeat song than this one..
    i guess this was the 1st a side that i really like from akb since uza but sister group song still beat it :^^;:

3. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

^ something came up for her I suppose...considering how she's finally 16 and allowed to stay after 9pm, she won't miss the chance to perform the single for the first time.

Kamehameha part is nice~ I'm curious how the final PV will look too.

4. csidni

csidni Kenkyuusei

Rena is currently not even in Japan so that's impossible. Kawaei was in Jurina's position and Mutou was in Rena's, I believe.

5. alizlovescherry

alizlovescherry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    alizlovescherry
    Yes with all of the hype, ondo style and that mob dance, I hope for a festive cheerful childish song. But hey, this isn't bad at all, after listening to it about 10 times.
    It's a shame though Yuko and Mayu don't have any solo line or solo exposure as the runner-ups of this sousenkyo, but still, this groovy song is a change for AKB, yet it is a very different song for AKB as Flying Get was.

Count me in :^O^:

6. takin

takin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    So that's why I saw Tomu (and Kawaei?) there.

-

It's not that I dislike the song but I kinda expected (and hoped) that KFC would be an upbeat song. It's just that it doesn't feel like a post-election song for me. Though it'd probably grow on me once I see the PV.

7. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

You're absolutely right there. These girls make it much more fun to watch. Esp Yuko and Sae, the winks and huge smiles. They know when the camera's on them and they do things as they like. The others just felt like they're there to perform for the sake of performing. Sort of.

8. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I miss the days when I used to like AKB songs...

Just hurry up and bring the B-sides :hmm: :hmm:

9. Fionarei

Fionarei Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Kawaei subs for J (sick)
    Tomu subs for R (oversea)

I think.

10. obakechan

obakechan Kenkyuusei

100% correct

why is everyone fussing over this? :hmm:

11. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

Lol at them when they went to the corner and did that komanechi gag xDD Mariko and Yuko...

12. DaremoDesu

DaremoDesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That was awful. :(
    The song is so boring. I don't mind very idoly songs but Koisuru FC is not even catchy!
    Secondly, there's no energy in the performance at all! The choreography is not bad but to me it just felt like they're half assing it.(yes everyone, including my oshis)
    Lastly, no offense to Sasshi but it felt more like a Yuko center at times... [speechless] It's Sasshi's chance to shine so let her do something cool!

13. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

the problem is sasshi is not good dancer lmao.. :^^;: this type of song & dance was suit her the best :^^;:
    but the song was fun but seems make me lazy :lol:
    i agree that this song was more suitable with one person than a large group..
    the dance was suit the song & the beat but still it was lacking..
    nowadays i just look forward to the bsides singles especially team song if u know what i mean :lol:
    yeah the girl in here just doing their normal thing that make them not look outstanding
    lmao yuko & sae was save this song..
    takamina behind yukirin..i can't see her at all :hmm:

14. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

I don't like that part either... it just looks so random... like they are making invisible snowballs to throw at people. :^^;:

My fav part of the song is when they start strutting back and forth! [rock] IMO Yuko and Yukirin looked like they were having the most fun strutting around. :XD:

15. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    LOL, omg. I dunno what to think maybe I should go back to sleep and then watch it again :awesome:

16. Drunners

Drunners Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    joeriko
    my Japanese isn't nearly good enough to understand the lyrics
    but somehow the entire time i was watching the performance i felt it was ridiculing Sashi [hehe]
    its plain. didnt grab my attention at 1 moment for real, perhaps after i listened a few more times.

the interview after i kinda felt sorry for Mayuyu. interviewer stood almost right infront of her

17. sania10786

sania10786 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    I am actually disappointed about this new song. It's really different from what I expected it to be so upbeat, cheerful, energetic, and such. And I just came back from watching it though. Despite of the colorful costumes, the song itself doesn't sound colorful instead. A little...pitiful. And this song in my opinion doesn't represent what it called "Election Single". It sounds like an ordinary song-standard song that you usually hear from bunch of ordinary group girls. To say it more bluntly, I miss something like "Heavy Rotation" and "Flying Get". Those songs are purely genious! You can feel it! And I'm not hating it because Sasshi is the center in this song, okay?
    Let's be honest. AKB48 recently released kind of boring songs in my opinion....since Acchan graduated. I know it's because the "Ace-center" has changed so the songs aura-feel might change as well depends on the center.
    Like for summer songs --> no songs can beat Ponytail to Shushu/Ebikatsu
    Sakura songs --> Sakura no Ki Ni Narou
    Election songs--> I'm sure HebiRote is the best
    Cool songs--> Beginner stands out
    Janken songs--> Ue Kara Mariko
    And please don't tell me I don't like this song because my taste or I'm jealous or this song hasn't grown in me yet. Maybe some of you like this kind of genre but maybe...some of you also like it because it's JUST a song from AKB48,like a loyal fan would do.

18. ValentineDoe

ValentineDoe Kenkyuusei

I'm also not impressed with this song...it's not immediately catchy to me, but we'll have to see if I like it more after multiple listens. I think, for me, it's going to be the MV that makes or breaks this A-side.

Honestly, I'm way more excited for the B-sides. I hope there's some song-type variation...honestly, I was hoping for a really upbeat song for the A-side since Sayonara Crawl was sorta mid-pace as well, so I hope there's something a little faster in the B-sides.

19. disneyanime91

disneyanime91 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I have to say, this is something I didn't expect to see as a Senbatsu Single. Not to say that it's a bad thing: In fact, I am absolutely loving this song! It's certainly something that's different from the usual A-side fare, a pretty nice break from past Senbatsu Single offerings, which are usually high-tempo, high-energy, rah-rah pop tracks designed to pump people up, versus this song, which in my opinion, is great for getting people up and grooving on the dance floor. A little bit of funk, a little bit of disco, with some - no, A LOT OF inspiration from The Village People thrown in for good measure. I believe this would not be out of place at all alongside "YMCA" and "Macho Man" at a disco in the late-70's/early-80's.
    And is that "The Loco-Motion" I hear in there? I love that song! [dance]

The groovy, funky, retro disco style is certainly something I haven't heard from AKB48 very often as title tracks. It's not that I dislike what they usually do; on the contrary, actually, I was at first hoping for something like Gingham Check or Flying Get, or something in between - but "Koi suru Fortune Cookie" is certainly a very pleasant surprise to my ears. I can see this being a very strong contender for airtime on my iTunes playlist against Mayu's 4th single - with this song coming out on top, just because of how much this song makes me want to get up on my feet and just dance the night away.

And that's not even counting the choreography. I think that it's perfect for the theme they're going for with the music, with a very strong "Saturday Night Fever" feel to it. Not to mention it seems simple enough for fans to pick up for the sake of a "mass dance" kind of thing - I would love to see the girls encouraging their fans to dance along with them during concerts and live performances of this song! And can I just say how much I love that "Hadouken/Kamehameha" move? :lol:

It seems like the songwriters are going on a retro spree for A-sides this year - ABBA for "Sayonara Crawl", The Village People for "Koi suru Fortune Cookie"... I wouldn't be surprised if they go for some more disco funk and grooves for the next single. Jackson 5, perhaps? I would love to see them try something like "ABC" [hehe]

Right then, off to order my copies of the single!

20. Chimai

Chimai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Now that you mention it, with the exception of UZA it does seem like after Acchan graduated all the songs became more boring. [hehe] Gingham Check was pretty good, though. It had more energy than this, at least.

All AKB songs grow on me after some time, but I have not been overly impressed with any AKB A-sides in a while. I liked UZA, it was a really different sound and image from AKB and the dance was cool. Other than that, though... I love funky songs like this but I think this one could use more punch. I don't think it's a bad song, but after a whole string of A-sides that aren't all that energetic or upbeat... it just seems blah.

Oh well, the October single has never disappointed me so I hope that'll be better. I just hate seeing NMB and SKE usually having the better A-sides all the time lately (in my opinion). What's Aki-P thinking when he's choosing these songs?! I can stand one low-energy song every once in a while, but this is too much. AKB needs energy and excitement in their songs... none of these are going to become iconic like Heavy Rotation.

And I don't think the performance was half-assed, the song is just so... boring and lacks energy that it makes it feel that way. There's not much a performer can do with such a song, to be honest.

Well, hopefully the PV is good. The PV saved Eien Pressure and SayoCrawl for me.