Members wounded at handshake event

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

I would like to request that people please post reliable news articles to the news & releases (no discussion) thread.

I understand how important it is for people to express their feelings, but it would be nice to be able to look quickly at the latest news without having to search for it.

Love and best wishes to everyone.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm not. The less publicity this guy gets, the better.

3. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I interpreted that Mayu comment as more like, "at least there were other people around and not one girl alone" but I dunno what people are thinking when they posted so...

But I'm sure there's still staff in every member's lane right? So they're not really alone.

But anyway it doesn't even matter who it was or wasn't, even if it was AKB or another group, it's still a terrible thing either way, and it affects everyone. (You really think parents want their kids to be idols if this kind of thing can so easily happen?)

I hope they step up security at least a little bit... I understand it can't ever be perfect but every bit can make a difference.

It seems the physical injuries will likely be fine in time, just need to heal... Thankfully it seems it's not too bad and apparently no complications with surgery so that's good. But I think most important is how all members and idols will even think from now on when meetings fans or anything... Sure AKB has huge scale handshakes but a lot of idols have similar events in some way, where you can get close to them, shake hands, talk, etc. So it could happen anywhere... Staff need to reflect on this incident and figure out what's the best for the members and staff at the event in terms of safety above all else... I'm sure nobody wants this to happen again, to anyone.

4. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

More likely in court soon, and then even there will be no media coverage in Japanese courtrooms, only outside.

5. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

Sorry. For the fans, it should be enough that they are safe. Medical treatments are private matters, nor is it really interesting how many stitches they got.
    The girls are not our poverty.

6. GTR

GTR Kenkyuusei

@Reveen , rather it's publicized on t.v. or not. I still want to know why he did it. Maybe to better understand how these people are created.

7. DaimonMichiko

DaimonMichiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @rka
    You are misunderstanding my whole comment. Actually I was referring to other girls.
    But I realized proibably they are fine physically thus nothing to report.

8. sLc48

sLc48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oshimayuko
    This is really a bad news.
    I hope Ricchan, Annin, and the staff get well soon. And for the other girls too since this must be a very shocking experience for them.
    Time to teach these girls some martial arts.

9. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I'm surprised people are talking about possible graduations and parents not wanting their children to become idols. We all know the price of fame, celebrities always had to take security measures to protect themselves be it from crazy admirers or dangerous haters. This incident doesn't teach us anything new regarding that fact, except that these AKB events are not safe for the girls the way they are organised now.

10. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

What this incident has done is to promote fear, doubt and uncertainty -- it's almost as close to a terrorist attack or a shooting rampage.

11. LNK_Tomu

LNK_Tomu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Yees, but you have to look at it in the context of what is normal for a Japanese celebrity. How much security do they normally have to have, or how much trouble do they expect from fans. US level protection would be overkill in Japan, but you wouldn't expect someone like Jay-Z to ride the subway in the US on a daily basis.

Fame has a price, but being attacked is not it, in any country.

12. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I couldn't agree more. As much as we all care for these girls, sometime you just have to take a step back and let them have their own space. Everyone's mental healing process is different and whether they want to talk about it or not is up to them.

I just want to wish those members and staff who were directly and indirectly involved a speedy recovery and thank them for all they've done.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Such a terrible day for AKB fandom. Things will never be the same, as members will get suspicious or uneasy shaking hands with fans, as it remind them of this incident.

Something is broke. Or no, maybe scattered. This is at the darkest time that fans must stick together to support the girls.

I hope Annin and Ricchan fanbase will do their best to cheer up the girls. This incident is very regretful, and @ithebigc friend testimony really broke my heart, but i WANT to believe years of continuous support for Ricchan and Annin will make the difference in their eyes. These girls give us strength, energy and smile by being cheerful, lively and Happy, and i think it's time to return the favor when they needs us the most.

I don't know if there's a message support project for the two of them in Stage48, but count me in.

14. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    A little off topic, but.. now looking for collateral damage... Miki was in the lane back to Ricchan and Annin... i perfectly see her passing out from only hearing Ricchan's scream :cold:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. black_snow

black_snow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Of course I don't, :^^;: Annin and Ricchan are in my top 3. [hehe] What I mean is, it's better that it happened in a lane where there are more than one girls. Imagine if Ricchan was alone, Annin wouldn't have been there to protect her. (if the rumors are true)

16. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

No, the price is losing some of your freedom and privacy. Everyone who's pursuing a career in show business or politics will know beforehand that in the case where they do make it big, they'll have to give up their normal live. They can't walk in the streets freely and interact with stranger without any potential danger.

17. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    After reading everything
    I finally have time to write my thoughts
    First off, I really hope Annin, Ricchan & staff San and everyone is ok, this is a horrible day for all of this. What we can do now is pray and give the girls our fullest support, no matter who our oshi are or if we like them or not, this affects ALl of us and we need to support each other
    Second that man should rot and be punished severely
    Hearing that the girls screamed and passed out really makes it even more horrible, I really have more respect for Miichan and i feel bad I hated Annin for her speech, she's a really brave girl and from now on I will support her all the way
    Finally I hope everyone's ok and thanks to all of us for giving and saying kind words

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Agree. It reminds me (in a way) what happened to Monica Seles. The fact that she knew there was a remote possibility that someone among the crowd could try to hurt a player didn't prepare her for it...In cases like these, there is far more than the physical injuries; this is from the wikipedia: "Although her physical injuries took only a few weeks to heal, she did not return to competitive tennis for more than two years."

19. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    Even the people in my gaming fandom (DotA2) were saying after seeing the posts that I reblogged on tumblr that they feel sorry for the girls and wish quick recover for them and will support them during the bad times, it doesn't matter for them that they have no clue about who are these girls... There are still so many kind people in the world..

20. True_Beginner

True_Beginner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    After letting this sit for a while, I think the members interact with their fans enough to know these kind of people are not who commonly support them. No matter how bad it is, there have been plenty of good years and great people where they wouldn't just forget all that. Not saying this is something that anyone can get over, but things will change for the better once the proper time has been given to sort this all out. Whatever happens, AKB will continue on once everyone reconnects again.

Or at least I hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.