Single AKB48 38th [Kibouteki Refrain] (2014/11/26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 17, 2014.

1. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    He's not even trying. I said it in the previous single threads and to say it again in this thread, if it's just the kind of effort he's gonna give for the a-side, I think this doesn't justify why the release is really late. If anything, it's just because there are a ton of b-sides in this single but it is showing why it is like that. He even has the guts to say not to blame him for every wrong that has happened.
    AKB got a lot of the bad songs this year imo. About time that someone else writes songs and see if it gets better from there.

2. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

I think it is a good decision to make this "Kibouteki Refrain" an A-side just like he made "Hikaeme I Love You" an A-side. It is a good song that appeals to a wider audience. Imagine if songs like "Ambulence" and "Idol no Oujya" became A-sides the appeal would be limited to a smaller audience.

Taking the HKT48 4th single as an example, according to an interview with Matsuoka Natsumi(HKT48 Team H, Vice Captain), "Idol no Oujya" was supposed to be an A-side but was changed last minute which I think was a good decision because if you look in the HKT48 4th single thread, the response to "Idol no Oujya" was not as good as "Hikaeme I love you". However, I love "Idol no Oujya" better than other songs in that single due to my own bias and who my oshi is. So that tells me that "Idol no Ouyja" might be a niche song and Akip probably realized this and wrote "Hikaeme I love you" for the 4th single instead.

That swings back to to "Kibouteki Refrain", I am sure a conscious decision was made in choosing this song as an A-side and seeing the number of positive reviews on this thread that decision was quite sound. It makes a good representation as an AKB48 single. So if you don't like the A-side, it might just mean that your musical taste might be different and you have the B-sides to satisfy you.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  3. Paul cho

Paul cho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Hi, I am that "overthinking" guy, actually I just share my opinion, and "if" the director really mean this, I think it is great, because it make the MV quite meaningful. Anyway, thank you for your comments. :chuffed:

By the way, all MV at this single are good, I also love MV of Ambulance (Natsu and Reina).
    ambulance-1.jpg

4. Usagi Chan

Usagi Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takakuramoeka
    Twitter:
    parutart
    Is that for real?

5. MayuMK30048

MayuMK30048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    lol, do you really know officially if the new ace and center of sister groups singles this year are permanent? and if you have read the KibouRef forum since I know you're a very active member in here. almost everyone did said KibouRef is the best AKB single of 2014 because of not mainly the A-side but the b-sides as well. with all 48G involved on this single and of course I can't speak for everyone but looking at the forum majority does think so.

and regarding fans overanalyzing and overthinking the KibouRef PV. fans tend to react like this which is already a norm since like from the beginning. the real sides is the members position etc and the mythical sides is what is the meaning behind the PV. they always make this PV which has a meaning behind it but lacks storyline in it. AKS must be thinking. let the fans overanalyze everything and have no real storyline behind it not to mention AKS seems to like cliffhangers now. the best PV imo which has a riddle on it is 10nen Sakura whether if Takamina did die on the accident or not along with Kojiharu, Mayu and Tomochin. while on the real element of the KibouRef PV. why make a 32nin senbatsu when all along they knew the kami-7 will mostly eat the screentime what the hell was that? just so they could attract attention and hype. what a ruse? very cheap tactic their Aki-P. and what's more funny is that the haters or the mask men have more screentime than majority of the senbatsu members. I can still remember most of the fans and the first-time and non-senbatsu members being overjoyed when their name was announced at Janken to be included on the next single and for what? it was all for nothing.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  6. milkykoala

milkykoala Kenkyuusei

Damn, that ambulance PV made akarin, suuchan, and natsu smokin hot!!!

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Anyone have the link to the full PV?

8. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    ^ If you're looking for Kibouteki Refrain PV you can try backtracking a few pages. Trust me, it does wonders~

9. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Yeah, although i'm not completely agree, i respect your opinion ;)
    We all have different taste after all.

10. azumacchi

azumacchi Kenkyuusei

I'm somehow wishing for this PV to have a drama version. I like the song and the PV, but as everyone says, it seems it centered a bit with the old gens rather than the new ones while at the same time having a large number of members.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is Mae Shika Mukanee the last PV that had a drama version?

11. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Suuchan has always been hot though ;)

12. KPKgirl

KPKgirl Member

Oshimen:
    Sumire Sato
    I completely agree! Most view her as adorable - I say she can be both!! ;)

-----

Either way I love the PV with the graduates. I love Mariko more than just about any member - present or past - but I don't think she's there as a center. I think she's there as the person who guides them on. When she looks around when everyone passes her is very symbolic to me. Mariko very much could have been a center and #1 if she wanted to be- she just never wanted that role. She wanted to support the group and bring AKB48 higher and higher. She did and still does that.

I think we will see even more of the graduates next year with the 10th anniversary. Maybe even a single with all of them. I'm also wondering if we will see a graduation announcement from Takamina as well as Nyan. Or perhaps even all of No3b together. Let's support our fandoms past and present and remember that they all helped create the group we love!!!

As far as people not remember Jurina centered Oogoe Diamond it is sad however not unexpected. That song has not been performed with her in that role all that much. In fact several prominent performances have Acchan in the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I find it interesting that when the song was first performed, reactions seemed to be broadly positive, but now we have the PV people are more disappointed. The song in itself and the 16nin dance I actually like, I think they are good, I have no problem with them... it's just the PV and the extra 16 girls who deserve a lot more visibility. If it was 16nin (with something else for the extra 16) I would be pleased with it. I'm still looking forward to seeing it on Music Station and those types of shows. I think I could stand seeing it regularly on concert setlists too - it would fit in pretty nicely in my opinion.

14. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Lol I wish Team K was the Ambulance line-up! The thought of it gives me heart palpitations.

15. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  16. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Utaitai is really nice, i always love ballads anyway (and by ballads i mean good ones not the mess that was So super freaking long)

17. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
  18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They should have saved this to be the next a-side. :blink:
    All the feels. I love how it explodes in the second chorus. :cold:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  19. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Still not being what i was expecting for this unit... but i tend to fall in love with ballads (specially the ones wit great emphasis in vocals and great voices)

*slowly dies*

20. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Utaitai is pretty gawd damn awesome IMO... especially the beginning part. I couldn't really tell how good it was from the short PV because of all the talking. :^^;: My fav AKB48 song is Seishun to Kizukanai Mama, so I really like anthem ballads like this. :cool: