[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    Madoka has been kicked out of senbatsu for Kangaroo sadly :(

It's just so discouraging to see SKE fan favorites get overlooked time and time again when they have dedicated enough fanbases..

2. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

We can complain all about the management but at the end of the day management's decision is absolute.

About Mizuho, if the wotas can make another Cinderella run like Aya then the management will be force to invest on her.

3. polar_star

polar_star Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibataaya
    I'm pretty sure "fixing Team K" was just used a marketing tagline. They wouldn't have shuffled every team ever if it was only done for Team K o_O

I still stand by that I highly doubt AkiP imagined kennins and everything that happened in the post-Defstar era when he envisioned AKB back in like 2004-2005. Like you said yourself, kennins are there for financial gain, not for anything relating to group dynamics. So yes, 48G = mess in terms of group dynamics. I should have been more clear~

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    So true. Quite frankly, Mizuho fans might be getting played...

Well that, and both Jurina might be telling people to vote for others. I mean the latest single might just be a "story" as played by management, but quite frankly she may have withdrawn to make room for others. This isn't unprecedented, after all.

Heh watch another Haruppi story happen. It's literally a classic – people always love the underdog ;)

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    @rka Best post I've read in a long while, I can't wait to see if anyone's going to contradict you because it seems pretty damn impossible. Can I oshi you?

6. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    gonna comment on some stuff
    no comment on performance cuz i have no problems with the whole external performance wise thing

ok, here goes
    1. Senbatsu positions
    apparently the last time there were full 16 members in senbatsu is Kiss Datte which is like 2012, lol
    Bukiyou did increase to 20 spots (not 22 btw) but then there were 5 kennins/transfers so that makes 15 SKE natives, same for 12K where there 22 spots with 7 kennins/transfers so that also makes 15 SKE girls, it's not like in NMB where they increased to 22 only to have 5 kennins/transfers which makes 17 NMB natives in senbatsu, of course the complaints would be less, why would they complain when the number of native girls actually increased not decrease. So now, the 32 spots weren't maintained for SKE girls, those spots decreased to 30 actually. It would be 32 without kennins btw [hehe], but hey, i'm actually not that mad about kennins being in senbatsu if they actually contribute and blend in with the group, like Tani, girl is awesome and her bonds with the members are marvelous (sure helps she has been close with Rena since her HKT days), Tani actually pulls numbers (her amazing HS) and she's young too making it another plus, Tani is the one the SKE fans welcome the most btw along with Minarun, i don't recall people bitching about Tani that much if not at all cuz she's awesome, that's what you get when you blend in and making bonds unlike Ranran who sticks out like a sore thumb in S, she also gives off the vibe that she could care less about SKE (but hey, this is objective), just saying if you blend in and try to make bonds then you'll be welcomed (this is the case for transfers)

2. I agree about the theater thing, but hey the whole theater thing has been dead since forever (if not Aki-p would have give us new stages already), lol, i don't really mind this

3. Promotions
    hey, i guess this is good for SKE i suppose, but when kennin fans and transfers fans who had zero interest in SKE before comes in and expect to:
    - see Sae in no 3 spot becuz she's so much better than Akarin and Akarin and Aya are nobodies
    - Kennins/transfers are saviors and SKE girls should really get the fuck away to make ways for the super duper popular Ranran and Natsumikan and Suuchan
    - see Nana as center of KII
    - see Natsumi in senbatsu just because she's kennin even if she had never once made senbatsu in HKT

mentalities like these only make things worse between SKE fans and kennins/transfers fans

4. now the history thing

y'all obviously had no idea how pissed people were when Kitarie & Minarun were first made kennins, oh the drama, the whole Minarun in UI thing was a mess, but hey after a while people accepted them and we're all families, lol

now the Daisokaku girls

- 1st up is Sae, so the day Sae give up her noneexistant position in SNH is the day she's actual SKE because as i recall, in SSK she's still SNH and that does in no way increase SKE's name value since Sae is still SNH's Sae kennin SKE Team S not SKE Team S's Sae kennin SNH

her main group is still SNH (even if she waisted virtually 1 year of her life doing virtually nothing in China), so even if we think she's more SKE, media still sees her as SNH and this would be like Miyuki and Nana who are seen as NMB and these in no way increase SKE's name value. it's not like Miyuki and Nana go around and say, hey guys we're SKE, they're no 2 and 3 in NMB, that ain't happening

next, Natsumikan, another kennin is virtually much much less significant than Anya's NMB kennin, the last time Natsumi made senbatsu was....oops :^^;:, but hey, guess she's still super duper more popular than Akarin and Kaotan, but i have no problems with Natsumi since she's not taking any senbatsu spot away anyway

now the transfers
    just gonna say this outloud, comparing to NMB transfers, SKE new transfers are nobodies

NMB got the like of popular girls like Umechan (made SSK Senbatsu), Reinyan, never dropped out of top 40
    comparing to SKE who got Suuchan (the unrank girl), Ranran (the girl who ranked in 2nd ssk like Paru only to be crushed in popularity by same gen Paru) and Tani (the only one's who's actually quite popular in HKT for her famous variety skills)

so NMB got a SSK senbatsu girl, an undergirl and SKE got the unranked and popularity dropping girl), both of whom virtually sells 0 HS slots comparing to Tani who sold out her slots, so much contributions, eh:^^;:, also Sato should be in senbatsu because she's a genki girl and awesome dancer, Maimai and Rikachu screams hello, we're here, and Ranran should be in senbatsu because she's so sweet, aww, Egochan, Kumachan and the young kids say hi

also the last bolded part, now that's the we're superior mentality everyone hates, do you?
    if you say so then AKB should be the weakest of all since look at how many kennins they have and how much do fans bitch about kennins all the time
    :cute:

also last words
    I in no way hate these girls, Miyuki and Nana are my top 2 NMB oshis and in my top 16 whole 48G, see my sig, i love Nana to death, but i think their kennins in SKE is a big WTF, they contribute 10 hs slots in total, wow, so much :corr:
    Sae warmed up to me a lot, she's a great perfomer and i love her interactions with S young kids, but as long as she still has the name tag of SNH, SKE would only benefit from her hs and not her name values since like i said, on shows she's still SNH's Sae even if SNH - SaeYannu thing is a big mess

i adore Tani and i think she deserves the senbatsu spot so much, her being front row doesn't mind me one bit (partly becuz her lovey dovey relationship with Rena is one of the sweetest one ever), Minarun warmed up to me too

Sato and Ranran have a lot to convince me cuz the last time i checked, Suu saw coming to SKE like a death sentence and like hell with her collapsing on stage in Dasokaku and Ranran still has no close relationship with any SKE girls after months

Natsumi isn't in SKE alot so i don't mind, just don't come saying how she should be in senbatsu rather than girls like Egochan and Mizuho cuz Natsumi is a top member like SakuRuppi, MeruMio, NakoMiku, Sasshi etc in HKT becuz we all know that's a big fat joke:)

i guess this covered everything, sorry for the long post:)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. ozawa_chan

ozawa_chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Since you (@rka) are calmer now, we can discuss this peacefully without heat. The reason I don't like kennin system (not the girls themselves)

1) how dedicated the kennin are towards to their second group and team. Did they just come for more exposure? Did they just come to promote themselves mainly and put in some extra SKE photos/comments to complete their blogs? I don't follow Nana (well, or any NMB members), but people said how she doesn't like kennin and doesn't want that either. Can anyone point me to its source? IF it's true, then her dedication towards SKE is purely work. IF she doesn't like it, I wish she would decline it like Karen. It's unfair for other members who work all their might for the sake of SKE while someone easily gets a nice spot in the group and team. (not even mention the position of Nana in SKE compared to Churi in NMB. But it's up to mnmg to decide anyway. Sigh...) I think NMB fans also has this same concern about Yukirin.

2) True, senbatsu is expanded to maintain the number of native girls along with additional kennin. But among senbatsu, who are the one that represents the group (media senbatsu)? Would you prefer the native girl or the kennin? If you prefer the kennin, I thank you for not trashing Jurina and Sayanee for being team K's front girls. If you said 'nobodies' girls are not worthy to represent the group, then should they just remain in the theater until they graduate? How much more do these girls need to do without any agency backing them up, without locating in Tokyo to get national exposure? Before kennin, Churi was the other besides WMatsui who represented SKE - top 3. Churi did the job just fine. I don't see how Dasu or Aya will do worse.

3) Not related to the girls at all, but about their fans. "Kennin are there to save xxx group", "xxx48 girls are nobodies", "Kennin made xxx group more interesting" etc. Talk about attitude, both sides have bad seeds. Or when their oshi doesn't do well in HS like usual, they are like "SKE fans are horrible, they don't welcome new girls, they mistreat kennin/transfer." facepalm. I wonder if any of those fans even attend other SKE girls' HS. In next election, if they blame SKE fans for the kennin's drop in rank, I might break some walls.

8. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    like i promised

SKE48 Passion for You Final Round intermediate result (2nd mid-way result), final results will be posted Nov 10, i will also update that as well

here goes (only top 20 is released again)

1 is center, 2-5 main positions, top 15 is senbatsu

1. Yamada Mizuho - 43,724

2. Matsui Rena - 35,325

3. Kobayashi Ami - 30,334

4. Kamata Natsuki - 27,988

5. Oba Mina - 24,417

6. Sakai Mei - 24,220

7. Furuhata Nao - 21,804

8. Miyamae Ami - 20,531

9. Kato Rumi - 20,349

10. Ego Yuna - 20,290

11. Takayanagi Akane - 20,101

12. Takeuchi Saki - 19,440

13. Isohara Kyoka - 19,121

14. Yakata Miki - 18,863

15. Oya Masana - 16,893

16. Suda Akari - 16,538

17. Matsui Jurina - 16,377

18. Shibata Aya - 15,123

19. Furukawa Airi - 14,546

20. Futamura Haruka - 14,235

Mizuho is killing this

9. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Ahahah called it.
    Good for her.

10. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Nice for Mizuho, I hope she will keep this position until the final results. I hope it will give her little boost too.
    Very SKE-ish result (but if Airin could make it in the 15, I'd be glad).
    No kennins or recent transfers in view ... Whatever some people would like to believe, they are not perceived like the saviors they're supposed to be it seems ....

Gosh aren't we writing a lot about things we don't really understand ?
    I wasn't very attentive in my reading, so I will only make a remark on one point :

Rie. Her arrival wasn't well received (like not at all). But she made a lot of efforts and spent a lot of time on SKE activities and with SKE members. After a few months, she started to be accepted and immediately the kennin position was canceled. The brutality of the decision was the main reason why some members and fans protested (SKE fans like to go against some management decisions, see Mizuho results above)
    I personally wasn't given enough time to see her as an SKE member tho. She still definitively registers as AKB to me even when guesting SKE activities.

Oh, and Sae still feels (yes feelings is what is most important) like a total stranger, but the kind of stranger who keeps talking, and moving, and interrupting others, asking for as much attention as possible .... I liked her a lot in AKB, I dislike her a lot in SKE ...

11. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    It was somewhat expected after the primary election and we might get a lot of first time senbatsu lol KoAmi,Yuuchan,Natsuki,Meimei,Rumi,Sakipon and Kyon.
    Other than that Mizuho will be missing this weekend's HS due to academic reasons while she also got fever after Wednesday's stage. So I'm more worried about her health more than anything else right now I mean Ikuchan(Ikuta Erika) had a break for a whole single due to Academic reasons and now she's back fullforce and for the first time ever as Nogizaka's Center.

12. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Same as usual, Jurina centers AKB songs, Rena/Akari in senbatsu. Now even more SKE in senbatsu and transfer Yuria centering Team 4... SKE fans love it. Totally fair!

AKB/NMB/HKT transfers get senbatsu in SKE... SKE fans pitch a huge fit about how they're not "pure" SKE members and they're taking spots from SKE girls.

13. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    @rka I do not hate Sae. Wherever she may be. I dislike her in SKE. There's a huge difference (sorry I do not seem to be able to express this in English).

I mostly dislike seeing my goddess in NMB too ... I'm certainly not hating her ...

I don't see the advantage of the kennin system for the groups. But I do understand it's a quite efficient mean to promote or exploit a member.
    Too many transfers and kennins at a time damaged SKE or at least destroyed my (and others') sense of SKE. The group is rebuilding itself since, but it's not there yet at all. And except for Tani, none of these transfers or kennins have merged yet in SKE.
    So undeniably they affect the "group dynamics" and generally in a negative way.

I watched how things were after the shuffle before getting away from the sorry view I had before me. Now, I'm watching SKE from farther away than I did before, still hoping but watching a lot less stages, TV programs or concerts, and more importantly buying a lot less.

14. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

In some cases only.. not always people love underdogs. For Haruppi's case, I dont find her as an underdog. She's has the qualities to be a top idol.

I think why SKE wotas easily accepted Tani in the group is because SKE and HKT has a very good relationship with each other. Before SKE used to help HKT in their theater performances and some SKE members cross to HKT theater and performed there. Wotas also knows that some SKE members are lolicons so one way or another they easily accepted any HKT members to be transferred in SKE. And we all know who is Rena's oshi in HKT so that's another plus for Tani. Lastly, honestly speaking who would hate any HKT members or the group itself, they're still a very young group with young and innocent members trying their best to make their group at par with AKB, SKE and NMB.

As for the other kenins Milky and Nana, well there is love and hate relationship between SKE and NMB. So I think this is why SKE wotas hardly accept them. My 2 cents only.

15. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    @rka
    It's simple, whatever my reasons :
    I liked a lot SKE48 before the shuffle.
    I like the group less after the shuffle.

So my conclusion : the shuffle was a bad thing.

Not much more than that.

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    The only more ske girls in AKB sembatsu are Akari and Kizaki and if Aya counts than that was during sembatsu, but trust me by no means did they just gived those spots away. AKB offered spots to only the most popular and after years of building popularity we managed to take some, SKE did not do that but some people took it anyway. Totally unfair. But not really important right now.
    This post gave me a lot to think about that i ended having 3 different kinds of arguments, but they all kind of really loop around so i will just give this one instead, so this post is trying to be questioning so please believe i'm not trying to be arrogant, or condescending, elitist, in rage or just be trolling when i write this cause some of this might have people feel insulted, but that's just because i'm trying to be blunt. Anyway it all kind of just goes to one question
    Which members exactly are a somebody? Why does it seem like other than Rena and Jurina every other members is SKE is not well known? Why is it other than Sayaka and Miyuki every other NMB member is unknown? Is Sakura a somebody or is she just another unknown?

Honestly when i still hear that Akari is an unknown i'm genuinely surprised and than bummed out. But than i try to think over who exactly counts as Known someone so well known that every fandom has heard of them and the list surprisingly was actually short, it consisted of: Watanabe Mayu, Kashiwagi Yuki, Sashihara Rino, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Yamamoto Sayaka, Kojima Haruna, Takahashi Minami, Miyazawa Sae and Watanabe Miyuki . Than other then in their own respective groups all the other members are unknowns/randoms. Some people might argue that there are other members that should be on this list, but trust me other than in their own fandoms they are unknown or usedtobeknowns which sadly some members in the current list are dangerously close to falling into (i.e. Miyuki)

Truth is it's a battle for members to become popular and everyone is eager to have one of their unknowns become a somebody and many people are willing to put down other groups unknowns by using particular facts, contests, areas, shows, work or just which group they are from as Justification to why their unknown is better that than someone else unknown. It's what makes this argument so annoying because all sides are being unfair to one another and won't stop arguing unless everybody see's it their way. Truth is fans irk other fans at times and while they can't really hate them for thinking a certain way, it doesn't mean they won't try to make a point in argument. An early example when AKB48 was getting popular there were many fans willing to say "that if it weren't for Maeda Atsuko than AKB wouldn't be popular at all" something like this was widely accepted, because Atsuko was very popular at the time that it led to fans complaining about her saying she wasn't that great, but the argument always just made it seem like every fan was just simply jealous of Atsuko and Atsuko fans were on the moral high ground, so when election times came people were willing to up vote Yuko to win the second election. The reactions of shock and owe hit Atsuko fans and that caused them to rage and trust me people were a lot more satisfied to see Atsuko fans raging than seeing Atsuko being upset for getting second, because in the end the fans that were willing to vote to make sure Atsuko didn't win, those fans didn't really dislike Atsuko they just found her fans too arrogant at times.
    That is why a lot of these arguments happen none of the Ske fans really hate any of the transfers or kennins that came in (they are a bit upset due to preexisting feelings , but that kind of thing would soon pass) we just get irked at the opinions of some of the fans feelings about where they place and just the same these same fans get irked at some of our own opinions.

17. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i can get into the whole HS thing, but wondering if i should

18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @mieniem I don't disagree with anything you said. And you are definitely right about it being irksome.

The fact is a lot of people now have conditioned themselves to be angry at any sort of change in the group dynamic. Shuffles, Kennin...the moment they hear those words they automatically react, not even willing to entertain the idea that the changes might be for the better. I'll admit that personally I wish some of the Kennin situations were handled differently than they are being handled. But I will not dismiss the concept because I do see the potential benefits. Same with the shuffles. Sure, some have worked out better than others. But I think how comparably boring this group would be without them.

That is why it is irksome to me. In so many cases it is a pre-conditioned reaction without much thought behind it. Any change? We don't like it! It's like the never-ending shuffle/kennin temper tantrum. Another fallacy (at least the way I perceive it) is the idea that shuffle/kennin members are somehow taking spots from other members. Believe me, if management intends to push a member they will find a way to do it. And just because a member gets a lot of votes in the Sousenkyo, it doesn't mean management is now compelled to push her.

As someone who has been going to see SKE since their inception, I do not experience a big difference in the group dynamic from now compared to the early days aside from the fact that they (like the rest of the 48 family) are a lot more popular. The SKE experience is still distinctively SKE, even with members that may not have started out that way.

I was also intrigued by @mieniem 's relatively small list of girls who are well-known. Personally I would also add Kawaei to that list, and not for dubious reasons either. Anyway, what do all of those girls have in common? They are all feature members of the AKB Senbatsu. So the next time people are lamenting about why there are Sister Group members in AKB singles, they can look no further than that list. The flagship group senbatsu is AKB's best avenue to become a name in Japanese entertainment. On a National level, Sakura will probably get a lot more mileage out of co-centering the new AKB single with a PV full of All-Star Grads overshadowing her than Haruppi will being the focus of HKT's single. That's just the way it is.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  19. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I don't know, i went back and forth on that list and removed and than added members who i thought were well known, but Rina was someone who never even crossed my mind, wouldn't that in itself be considered that Rina isn't really someone to be part of the list?

20. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I was thinking of all the exposure she got on Mecha Mecha Iketeru, as well as all of the shows she is on now. But no matter...whether or not Kawaei is on your list does not affect your point.