Tani Marika (Marika)

Discussion in 'Team E' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    Another hitchhiking would be great! Staying in this room writing letters is slowly killing her spirit lol!
    But come on, can't they be in the main show already? We saw that Tani was bothered/sad about it.

2. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Yeah I agree. I don't mind at all seeing them on a journey again together, but I still really want them back in the actual Ebi shows!

3. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    I really asked myself that question for the first hitchhik. Is it better to have the show with Kaotan or appear in the main show?

The main show is broadcasted in Tokyo and you have Okubo to play with, an invaluable experience. It's really important to gain the favors of popular MC to appear on variety shows.
    Like Tani did with Gotou with Odekake. He really highlighted her on the show and keeps mentioning her to this day.

Thing is, the Kaotan/Tani segment is easily skippeable cause it's at the very end of the episode so people can just ignore it if they want. And not everyone is watching the full episode on Hulu.

The first two projects gave a good highlight to Tani and she formed a great relation with Kaotan which is awesome. But for maximum, public exposure, being on the main show might be better now...

I don't know but she was so happy in her post about the Kouhaku. Couldn't count how many times she said she was happy and that it seemed like a dream!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  4. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Oh god... here we're go again :^^;:
    Tani last post in G+ was after the Kouhaku, so, they started since the Tuesday?

5. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

as for hitchhiking I hope this time they'll go to Okinawa where is less cold.
    personally I like prize competition better than hitchhike. I am with Kaotan on this one))
    as for doing the Ebi show with others - I think creators have done a great job separating those two from the rest members. their duo is too strong and overshadows the rest, which was clearly seen when they appeared in the first 2-3 episodes.

6. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Don't agree with this at all. They're playing a character. Same character that Murashige Anna has in the HKT variety shows. (and every single AKB group has that character in a variety show.) It's for the sake of a balance. Also it's more scripted than you might think. You'd be surprised how much of the dialogue are planned beforehand. It's not like any of the shows are trying to trick anyone either, it's widely known in Japan and most people just want to be entertained.

One issue I have with the newer "Ebi Calcio!" is that we don't really have that anymore. The show feels like they're inviting the SKE senbatsu every time and it's just 3 groups of 4 girls sitting in chairs. I miss a lot of the girls from the older shows and I can't really see that much interesting interaction from the "Mansion" stage which just feel like a hallway to me. It's more of a segment show I think with people reacting to VTR's recorded the week before.. Sometimes with gags on them but nontheless.
    Bring some of the interesting characters back please ^^

7. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    I'd have to agree with you, Ebicalcio has been the weakest 'Ebi' for me even though the dancing episode was awesome.
    Part of why is less girls in the studio and as you said, less interactions between Okubo and the girls in particular.
    Kumiko is now the girl beeing bashed by Okubo but to be honest, Tani and Kaotan are just better at it.
    Tani gives better reactions when being bashed and Kaotan doesn't just take it and can fight back against Okubo.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

@lazy
    hm, didn't get with what exactly you don't agree. I know about scripts and characters.

9. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Just disagreed with the part i quoted you on. Mostly when people talk about members overshadowing others, or being loud and such in variety they usually don't grasp how characters and such work in variety. It's was an unfair assumption on my part to put that on you, sorry if I was wrong. I kinda turned it into a rant about Calcio anyways..

10. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

well, they ARE a strong guigui characters and it's only natural for them to have a bigger presence. that goes for all shows and members, not only SKE. Tani had the most MVP titles in Odekake too.
    if you re-watch first episodes of Ebisho, you'll see what I mean. starting from the very first unusual ass-slapping to the point when KaoTani were made the "antagonists" of the rest members. I don't even remember the girls who were seated on the right side, because all the attention was on the top left corner of the benches where KaoTani were.
    producers of the show most probably saw it too that's why they decided to make a special corner for them and separate from the rest.

11. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    b-but Tani and Kaotan is like top 5 in my oshimen list, so that's like my dream come true :inlove: hey at least i'm honest. They're absence is really noticeable though.. I honestly think it's more that the show recognized them as a very strong variety duo and thought that they were very suitable picks for the project. Now that they're locked in a room doing sweepstakes for the entire season i'd be lying if I didn't find it a tad boring. At least the old ebisho had those girls in the right side in the show, which is my issue with this new season. It's nice to get to know some lesser known members I think.

12. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

13. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    appearing in Majisuka 4 ^^
    [​IMG]

14. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

This obvious already since Tani is Akimoto's oshi. 2014 was tani's year and i hope 2015 also because she's very entertaining.

Tbh, I find tani very annoying when she was still in hkt. The only thing that I like about her is her helium voice nothing else. But when she was transferred to ske, instantly she started to grow in me. I never expected she will blend so well in ske. :)

15. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    wait... Tani is Akimoto's Oshi? yaaaay!! did he really say that?!

16. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    One of the first days when 755 came out, someone ask him: "Who is your Oshimen?" and he said "I'm very interested in Tani Marika"...

... but later again, in a ANN, Sashihara bring the theme and Aki-p say "but i'm really more interested in Sutou Ririka" ... :^^;:

... and then, the next ANN after that, Marika was there, and ANN's director recorded Aki-p saying that and used against her :^^;:

17. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Haven't been able to see her much since she left HKT48 but got to see the hitchhiking show. Is it that hard for them to find people to give a ride? I would give Tani a ride anywhere, distance doesn't matter. But guess that wouldn't make for a fun show.

18. Jisei

Jisei Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jcrasco
    Oh she is almost everywhere now, from ske variety shows to 10 minute talk shows in between programs inJapanese channels yay Tani! ^ - ^

19. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Nice to see she finally getting recognized. Was afraid the move to SKE48 would be bad for her but prob best thing for her career. Hope she finally learnt to clean her room. :hehe:

20. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls