Single AKB48 51st [Jabaja] (2018/03/14)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I have a friend who's been speaking only english(unless with her parents which is very rare) for the past 10 years and she hasn't lost her accent. I also heard from an international english teacher that if you can't get the accent right, then it'll stay so maybe Macharin will forever keep the accent?

2. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    from what i understand when you grow up speaking a certain language your mouth muscles develop in a certain way to fit the sounds from that language so i guess that makes it really difficult to lose an accent since other languages will have different sounds that require different mouth muscles that you arent used to?

3. Naaruru

Naaruru Upcoming Girls

4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think it really depends on the person. I'm fairly good at adapting to new accents, maybe because I moved around a lot as a kid and in my country there are many different dialects. On the other hand, I know a guy that moved from England to America when he was 2 years old and he still has an English accent, despite having lived in America 98% of his life.

But then again, a baby would be able to learn every language and for example, Japanese babies would be able to pronounce the L or R the English way, but because it's not necessary in Japanese, the synapsis in their brain disconnects and it's harder to re-learn it when they're older.

While I am able to speak Japanese (at least with the little vocabulary that I have) without sounding overly German, there are still words that sound awkward when I say them (I've noticed that especially with the word 'zenryoku')

Thanks for sharing! I watched it live but the quality of my stream was like 144p ._. Naachan really looked cute, but I thought how they made her look at every camera in literally every shot was a bit awkward ^^;

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You had me at Neru....then lost me at Techi.

NERU is the Future!!!! Say what you want about Idol "X" or "Y" but you can tell when a gal has an organic SWELL of popularity. NERU is going places. I don't want argue but can we admit the Sachamichi (& Neru) HELP sales considerably? Not knockin' Okada (I blame the song not her) but it's a shame we can't pin-point whats "sticking to the wall" & what isn't when AKI-P throws SOOO Much into 1 Single.

So I guess it goes down in history that Takamina's "Center" is the only recent history (5 years) single release that took more than a week to make 1 Million Sales.

I liked NGT48's new single - all the running & girls being "tough & silly". Now we got a Team 8 gal centering the "Who Cares, You're Buy It Anyway" Single... which will NOT have Bikini's or Anything "Genki" or Sexy and will be released WHILE the "Prod48" is actually Airing so anyone's guess what that will look like.

6. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
  7. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    You're way more serious than Naachan herself.
    I much prefer this single to be the last ever with a sakamichi song to help keeping the sales level.

8. singlepersona

singlepersona Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
  9. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I missed seeing the back of her head. :)

I liked when the choreo had everyone looking right but she had to look left to find the camera. Awkward indeed.

10. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

• Like Like x 1
  11. yukiyukirin

yukiyukirin Kenkyuusei

Is this performance a challenge for Okada?

12. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Partially yes.
    Originally it was the director's idea to include her in every shot. The director commented that although in the past Naachan was in 2nd or 3rd row she was able to catch people's attention. So this time since she's the center the director thought it will be a good way to show her to the audience.

But then somehow it became a challenge for her to find >50 camera angles lol

I have to say she did a great job and i was laughing so hard

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    I would say so, yes. At other performances, you could see her being more "natural/comforable". I could see her being quite nervous a few times here, I mean the pressure of having to find the right camera angles at the right time and the fact that the camera is focusing on you at all time must be a bit quite nerve wracking.

She did a very good job regardless tho haha, I just think that if she didn't have to look at the camera at all time but just like 50-75% of the time and the rest have her looking at the audience while performing like the rest of the girls would be less awkward.

14. Yua

Yua Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Fukuoka Seina
    The other live performances made me start liking the song, but in this one the vocals just sound flat and boring to me...couldn't even muster up the interest to watch the second half. Plus naachan trying so hard to find the camera lol

15. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Naachan searching for camera is both cute and funny.. When Sasshi and Sayanee look straight and trying to be indifferent with the camera, Naachan's attempt seems so awkward, ROTFL :^O^:

Love the performance, btw

16. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

this performance made me feel like she's funny and adorable. is there anything she can't do omfg?!

17. trxsh

trxsh Member

Awesome that the director recognizes Naachan's power!
    This was really funny and cute. I still need my Sakamichi AKB MSte performance though.

The conversation about accents is interesting to me since I've studied language acquisition... basically, it's very difficult to speak a foreign language without the accent of your native language if you learn it after early childhood . The reason is, over time you habituate to sounds and tones that don't exist in your own language, ie you stop being able to hear them as well. So as you can imagine it's difficult to produce sounds you don't fully understand. Everybody can get their mouth to make any language sound though, so it's not really about muscles or anything.

Of course this does not really apply if you learn another language with a similar phonetic inventory to your native language. Another exception is that there are many "language savants" who are just naturally sensitive to sound and never really habituate as much. So they can easily learn a new language without a trace of their native language.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  18. extomomi

extomomi Kenkyuusei

Unfortunately, music station won't be aired until April 20. Not sure what's going on there but even if it's sakamichiAKB you will have to wait for a looong time

19. Haruka Suzuki

Haruka Suzuki Member

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Or they could perform it on AKBSHOW. I just want to see the full performance, don't really care about where they perform it tbh

20. enc0re

enc0re Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    encore_AC_
    The Sakamichi girls schedule is probably packed, not sure if their management will allow them to waste their valuable time to do even more charity for AKB to put it bluntly.