Event / Concert Yume no Hanabiratachi (2010.09.26)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^
    From a page back, this can give you an idea of how it went...

2. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    But that's from one of the girl's point of view, or at least one of the casual fans , as you mentioned. Was it an amazing venue? Yes, definitely, I think everyone here has given their praise to the night view pictures posted on wikipedia. I can only imagine how much better the thing would look live. That doesn't deny the fact that the setlist was unoriginal and nothing special was done for Erepyon from a more invested fan's point of view (i.e. most of the people who posted in this thread). I don't know about you, but for me AKB48 is first primarily about the girls and then secondly about the music. A boring setlist = not as good concert, no matter how nice the venue looks. The points you listed about why they couldn't do unit songs are valid, but that doesn't change whether the concert is a disappointment or not.

No, this is simply how a lot of stage48 members see it - because we follow AKB48 so much, singles become stale because they are performed in every concert. Some just hope for something more from their stages. Now, if you want to talk about crowd psychology, you can go look at some of the threads about new singles where almost everyone sings the praises of the latest single coming out (like Beginner). Of course, I think in this case it's justified (Beginner is pretty good!) but only one person in the whole thread disliked the song, aakun. :XD:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

You realize you're contradicting yourself, right? If it's about the girls, then they could sing the telephone book and it'd be great, because it's them. If it's not about the music, then why are you so upset at the setlist?
    Moreover THE GIRLS ARE HAPPY. It was a boring setlist? Okay, but the concert went down in history. They managed to sing a performance that they all described as a votive offering to Buddha. If you're a Buddhist or even just someone with a Buddhist heritage, then this means a great deal.

Lastly, I think it was Erena's wish to graduate at the theatre. If you go to DMM site and read Yuko's handwritten message on today's LOD, she says that in the past they had concerts and all for graduations, but that she felt that the theatre was their starting point and should be their last point.

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I really have to agree with ithebigc for the most part.

As long as the girls have fun, it might be a "good concert" for the girls and some fans, but I'm sorry, as idols, they are entertainers. I have not gotten an opportunity to see the group live, so I can only rely on their DVDs and TV appearances. From my perspective, this concert sucks. And even if one of my favorite members were in the performance, I'm pretty sure it'd still suck. The only good thing to come out of it was the performance of MINT's song. And maybe Anata ga ite Kureta kara. The rest of it is just a jumble of singles that are performed just about exactly the same in every concert, or, in Hikouki-gumo's case, a song that's performed in what I believe has been every single concert for the last two years.

I'm just trying to get across the idea that from a foreign fan's perspective, and one that invests a great deal of time in something so trivial as following a band of dozens of too-young Japanese girls, this concert was kind of crappy.

(I'm not trying to be all rage-y, but really, if we want to assume it's a bad concert, I think we can.)

5. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I don't really mind about the setlist, I'm just disappointed nothing really happened :D I thought they would've been doing a random concert like this for a very specific reason, like praying for success at a Tokyo Dome concert (which is what...RSL predicted?) or NMB showing up.

6. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Mm, I think I was unclear in that sentence. What I meant was, in AKB48, the most important thing is the girls and then right after that comes the music as the SECOND most important thing. If it wasn't for their unique and catchy music, I don't think they would capture so much attention so easily. So it's not that I think the music is unimportant as compared to the girls, but rather that the music is so important that I place it second in terms for what defines a good performance/concert/whatever, higher than whatever's 3rd, 4th, etc. So no, I wasn't contradicting myself, just hurried to finish the post and not doublechecking since I have class at 11 am and was posting during my 1 hr break.

And again, I'm not denying the venue was special and with meaning to the girls, but we're not talking about the girls' opinions here, you were talking about the general consensus on the board that the setlist was unoriginal and needs work, besides the MINT song.

Finally, thank you for telling me about the Erepyon thing. If she had a proper graduation at the theater or at least one that she enjoyed, then I am completely satisfied because I agree with what Yuko said - another part of what defines AKB48 from other idol groups/pop singers is that they have the theater to get connected to fans on a much more personal level. [blush]

7. Criss

Criss Member

Amen for that man!!!

Yes I think the same, specially because I WAS THERE. Really... come from that far just to see than kind of concert??? Ok if the girls offered the concert for whatever releigious reason, are they believes and I can understand and respect that, but as an Entertaiment Show that concert sucks.

8. Des-LAW

Des-LAW Kenkyuusei

9. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Was finally able to watch this concert in HD in the video warehouse. This concert is a national treasure. A performance by mint. a setlist of hit after hit. Felt like I was watching Bingo being performed for the first time. when they came out in the second half in the iconic iiwake maybe costume it was like the whole performance was on cloud, and the audience energy was amazing, what a time to be in the fandom! Also, a lovely explanation, from akimoto sayaka, of the significance of the 2 monk statues next to budda, one giving, one receiving. and there is just something special about seeing a girlish kojima haruna having a great time on stage.

Been trying to get a copy of this DVD for a while now. 2 times I found it on amazon.co.jp but each time, after adding to the basket it then became unavailable. This is worth the warehouse subscription alone. just search "薬師寺奉納公演"

can't believe the negative comments here in this thread. now, going on nearly 11 years after, i wish we could get a concert of this magnitude and significance. just goes to show that the bar was set too high, too early on.

Digest Video from AKB48 channel

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1