Event / Concert 32nd Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    If I cant watch stream, do you have twitter account can I follow result of ssk?

2. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

There are two different links
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhtkC79muqs Eng stream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtEp1EXV-g8 Japanese stream

I saw on AKB's G+ page that it should go from 5:15-7:30 (I think. Sorry I only skimmed it) Edit: it finishes at 9:30 (I hate 24 hour time!)

Then why not vote for Miichan? And didn't some of the graduates leave due to that rule? And a few others have had so called scandals. I agree with HRP - nobody is going to vote for that reason; if they did, Sasshi isn't the only one they could vote for either.

3. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    @ Rana: I guess you could follow mine. I'm at the venue so I'll be tweeting at least the results. I'm sure dozens of other people are going to do the same thing. :D

The event is going to be over at about nine. Stream's going to last for up to four hours.

4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    :D haha..

but nah, this is not the place to disagree..

I have to agree that the support Sashi is getting is generally from people who are entertained by her humor and are fans who really want to see her succeed. I don't think there are any conspiracy there. While it's probably true that some of the votes she'll be getting are from those who want something new and not what management wants.

In terms of the love ban rule, I don't think Sashi is the girl to support IF EVER a group of wotas want to send a message. I think minegishi is the girl to support since she's the last popular girl to be involved in a love ban rule issue.

Though of course, personally, I rather not see Minegishi in senbatsu.

5. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Also if you have been following the first generation members from the start as a wota then you could well be a bit older and hence have responsibilities which mean you are just not able to cast lots and lots of votes on the first day (and as you have been through it all many times before then you realise that as long as they are cast within the time it doesn't really matter). Hence lower prelim scores.

As for why the top in a lot of predictions looks the same ... well if you got 50k+ votes last year and votes are cheaper this year then it's possible your total will go up. If you got <10k last year the same is true but is it really likely that you would go up enough to over take someone who already had a huge lead and may also rise as well ... at least unless you are getting a large sustained push. Hence shuffling of members in the top 10 but no real surprises ... But next year when several more top members probably won't be running (in my opinion)

It would be nice to have some new faces up there but I just don't see it happening ...

6. Rana

Rana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    HoneyRoastedPeanuts: thank you!

I guest many ppl tweet about result but I simply dont know any account [clap]

so great you watch concert and ssk at stadium, hope it will not rain!

7. avanpiper

avanpiper Kenkyuusei

I agree with you. Fans should be fans even if they don't have the advantage of having handshakes with their fav members. I wouldn't understand if someone who says he/she's a fan but won't vote just coz they can't attend the event. That said, I'm going to believe in Sae wotas and dedicated fans, international ones even, and hope for the best tonight. Like rka001 mentioned, I'd be content with #10 alone, which is a step higher than #11, as long as she breaks into top 10.

I'm not going to predict anymore because of the huge amounts of votes involved, hence I sense some shuffles, albeit not too much in the final results. I'd feel weird is Sasshi takes the crown, but won't hate it, however, I still would like to see Yuko on the throne for personal reasons. Well, let's just sit back and enjoy the event. It'll be nerve-wrecking for sure. 4 more hours!

8. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
  9. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    In case you're already going to join the IRC channel / chat (nothing particular going on yet), please choose a proper nickname instead of the generic "mib_xxxxxx".

10. Mayuyusuki

Mayuyusuki Member

Yuko is a regular on a little show called Hoko X Tate that airs Sundays at 7pm on FujiTV. She also commands amongst the highest in appearance fees and CMs. For Yuko, it's about quality, not quantity.

While I might be underestimating Sasshi's popularity with variety TV audiences, I think you could very well be overestimating these people. Sasshi's main non-AKB work is being a tarento on variety shows, and she's only a regular on one major show, one day out of the week on Waratte Iitomo. Yuko's main non-AKB work is acting. And showing your face all over TV in Japan doesn't necessarily equate to people taking the time, energy, and most importantly money, to buy a single and vote for Sasshi. What's the motivation for these people? Even if they love her and want her to be #1, that doesn't mean they're going to do something about it. Acchan didn't make many appearances either and she seemed to do pretty well for herself in the elections. Becky♪♯ is a super tarento, people love her way more than Sasshi, but people didn't bend over backwards to buy her singles (most sold around 12k copies).

I think Sasshi could beat Mayuyu and Yukirin, she was pretty close to them in the last election. But she just won't beat Yuko.

11. lilypie

lilypie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kodamaharuka
    Counting down the hours to the live stream and I'm starting to feel it in the stomach :D Even though I didn't vote. But this really is going to be a critical year I believe.

With the rise of the "new generations" (We must admit, or some of us should, that many of them have been around long enough to not be new) that I wouldn't be surprised to the least if the regular senbatsu falls apart, as much as I'd hate to see that.

Now my prediction for senbatsu...(NOT my wish XD):
    1. Watanabe Mayu
    2. Sashihara Rino
    3. Oshima Yuko
    4. Kashiwagi Yuki
    5. Matsui Jurina
    6. Shinoda Mariko
    7. Matsui Rena
    8. Itano Tomomi
    9. Takahashi Minami
    10. Kojima Haruna
    11. Shimazaki Haruka
    12. Yokoyama Yui
    13. Yamamoto Sayaka
    14. Watanabe Miyuki
    15. Miyazawa Sae
    16. Kawaei Rina

Back to studying before this all starts *U*

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
  13. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

^ It IS a 4 hour long event. If you decide you don't like one stream, there's nothing to stop you from switching to another in the middle of the event. The most important ranks won't be revealed till the end any way.

14. kerokero

kerokero Kenkyuusei

i would like to see half of the top 64 be all sister group members. also have another SKE member in senbatsu. That would be something. Also hope Airin is ranked higher than 30...And my Yuihan rank #10 or higher. Ditto with Saechan...something's gotta give.

15. sjneow

sjneow Kenkyuusei

I'll give you a good reason, prelims shown that Sasshi rise in rank instead of falling due to her scandals, and the ugly truth is, people likes to side with winners.

what xtjn meant is how people will be swayed by the prelims. If I, for example is a Yukirin oshi and she is relatively in a safe zone, she is not in the battle for the top like Mayuyu and Yuko, and I have a anti-love-ban stance, I may be swayed to vote for Sasshi instead to give a message that an Idol can have her own romantic relationship and yet be successful

16. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

^First off, I'm not going to debate about it because its not the place. But you can't really compare their scandals or the results - their at opposite ends here.

But I don't know if prelims affected a lot of people. It happened so early: a lot of people didn't have votes in. Who knows if people kept voting like madly for Sasshi or still went crazy? How did Yuko and Mayu fans take it? Most fans of the top ten will be relatively relaxed - they know their girls will still rank highly. And with everything under senbatsu, we already knew it would be fierce due to mass graduations.

17. HopefulWota

HopefulWota Kenkyuusei

Just a few more hours till the broadcast on youtube, but is there anyway to watch the fuji tele broadcast? Or it's only available for people in japan?

18. sjneow

sjneow Kenkyuusei

my friend recommended a link which streams Fuji TV before but it never work for me, here maybe you have a better luck. But I'm sure Youtube will be a better choice since there is no commercial cuts

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/380789_1 ... 35qpnn.htm

19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Oops, better get this inb4 the show.

Prediction:

1. Sashihara R.
    2. Oshima Y.
    3. Watanabe M.
    4. Shinoda M.
    5. Kashiwagi Y.
    6. Itano T.
    7. Matsui J.
    8. Takahashi M.
    9. Kojima H.
    10. Watanabe M.
    11. Matsui R.
    12. Yokoyama Y.
    13. Yamamoto S.
    14. Shimazaki H.
    15. Miyazawa S.
    16. Kitahara R.

:awesome:

@lilypie: I'd love for Ricchan to rank that high but I honestly don't expect her to get any higher than lower UG/top of NG. I hope she can at least keep her #33 from prelims since I feel centering a song on the election single would be appropriate in solidifying her ace status. She just needs to rank this year, next year she'll more than likely be senbatsu. But oveerall, that's a pretty good ranking.

20. Shinchan

Shinchan Kenkyuusei

I wonder if Acchan will show up to hand the cup to the winner despite who it is [hehe] since there's news that she'll be a guest at FujiTv. BUt I thought she said she would be overseas when election happens, so she actually came back one day early?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.