Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 7th Single Sado no Ondeko Release Week FINAL @ Ito-Yokado Higashi-Yamatoshi, West Tokyo (2018/03/04)

Yeah, I new this would end up being a crazy day. For Wasamin's release week, she performed in a few 'off the beaten path' areas on the outskirts of the Kanto District. The final event was no exception, out in the burbs of Western Tokyo. For me it was about an hour ride, and then about a 15-minute walk to the mall. I got there relatively early, but the place was already bustling.

ms4.jpg

Wasafans have made a tradition of doing one last big push on the final day. There were two performances, each followed by a handshake/2-shot event. The last event went for over three hours. There were a few fans with over a hundred tickets. Personally, I considered leaving since I did have work to do, and I was really tired, but I held on to the end. Here is the early setlist...

1:00 Setlist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Ihoujin
    3. Kukou
    4. Sado no Ondeko

Wasamin was again wearing her new, personally designed Kimono, which you can see in the two shamekai. BTW, I was sporting my newly signed Wasa-Happi coat, as well as an Oni mask I picked up in Asakusa last week. I managed to get quite a few laughs from the fans AND the passing locals. I purchased five copies, leaving the option to purchase more later if I wanted to. If I wanted to do a shamekai, it would cost two tickets. A handshake was one ticket, and they were doing the special prize giveaway. For my first handshake, I chose the shamekai...

ms2.jpg

I'm actually not the first person to bring an Oni mask to the event. I couple fans brought them during the preorder events. But since I brought it, I figured I had to use it in the photo, right? Wasamin asked me where I got it, and when I bought it. I explained to her that I picked it up when I went to get my CDs from Yoro-do.

After my handshake, I drew two tickets. They were both losers. However, if you had 10 losing draws, you could get a Wasamin pin. I had eight so far, and I had three handshake tickets left. If I got two losing tickets out of those, I would get a pin. However, I was saving my three tickets for the late event. In the meantime, I grabbed some Tempura and cold Udon for lunch.

3:30 Setlist
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Koisuru Fortune Cookie (Enka ver.)
    3. Yume Shibai
    4. Sado no Ondeko

I was able to nab a front and enter seat for the late performance, so I had a nice view. Sasou-san was taking photos of the audience, so I kept my Oni mask on for much of the performance. However, I didn't want to make Wasamin laugh. She smiled at me a few times.

I waited a little bit to queue up in the handshake line. For this 2-shot, I decided we could hold up my Happi coat. Most fans who get their coats signed do a 'signed Happi' shamekai, and some do it the way I do it. Others do it with their back to the camera.

ms3.jpg

After the photo, I asked Wasamin if she noticed my hair. She was like "What, huh??" In the meantime, Wasamin's manager is totally acknowledging my haircut. I finally pointed to my head, and said "Kami???" "Doko???" She burst out laughing at that. I can't believe she didn't notice that I buzzed most of my hair off, LOL. And of course I got to draw two more tickets. Hey Hey!!! A winner...

ms1.jpg

I got the autographed poster, which I was extremely happy about. The only other prize that I would really want aside from the two I had won this week was the signed CD. I had one ticket left. I had decided that if I didn't win a prize, it would be my last ticket. If I did win a prize, I would purchase another CD. Eventually I queued up. I decided to talk to Wasamin about the DVD portion of the single, which I had watched over the weekend.

BTW, the 'making of' video is very nice. It starts with her ferry ride to the island, followed by a pre-recording dinner. Wasamin looked adorable, and was scarfing down food. She also visited some sort of aquarium. It was very low-key, with various fish in tanks. Wasamin has fun scaring the squid into squirting ink. Anyway, if you pick up the Limited Version, it is worth the watch!

I told Wasamin that I enjoyed it, and I would love to eat at that restaurant. I lost the last draw, which meant I had enough to get one of the Wasamin pins. The one I draw isn't a photo of her, but a drawing she did of an elephant, LOL. Since I got my pin, I decided that was enough for today. What I didn't know was that the handshake event would go on for another two hours or so. I contemplated getting more tickets, but ultimately just ended up watching people circle the queue. And it was a good thing that I stayed, since one of the fans reminded me that the deadline to send in the postcards for the single prizes is Tuesday. I thought it was mid-month. So I spent most of this evening filling out postcards so I can get them in the post box by tomorrow. The Grand Prize is a BBQ Party, 2nd Prize is the Karaoke Party, and the 3rd Prize is a personalized and signed poster. I already have a signed poster, and last year's BBQ Party was awesome. So I put most of my tickets in for that, and a few for the Karaoke party, just in case.

And that was it. A group of us headed to Saizeriya for a post-show dinner, before heading back to Central Tokyo. The next event is two weekends from now in Saitama. Hopefully Wasamin will get a little break in the next two weeks. (EDIT: they just announced an event in Kanagawa next weekend)

Oh, and Sado no Ondeko has been hovering around the 10th Spot on Oricon for the entire week, so I am guessing we will see a Top 10 finish for the week. What I am really interested in is how the single fared compared to her previous releases.

2. Wasawota

Wasawota Kenkyuusei

Finally, Ettou Tsubame!
    I have waited 4 concerts for the song.
    This one must be very strenous on the vocals.
    Will definitely be getting the BD in May.

3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Sado no Ondeko finished 11th on the Oricon Weekly Pop chart, and 1st on the Oricon Weekly Enka chart with 12,100 sold.

BTW, that's her 2nd highest first week total since her 2nd single.

4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    So last month I posted this in the AKB Experiences thread...

And the other day Wasamin tweeted this...

wasa0.jpg
    https://twitter.com/wasaminnn/status/970299888264142848

Wasamin tweeting about using bubble bath and bath salts she received as a gift. Could it be???

In all honesty, bath salts are a popular gift, and LUSH is a popular place to buy gifts since they create very nice gift boxes.. That said, I'd like to believe that is my present she is using. I know she likes LUSH products since she has mentioned it in the past. I'm debating about asking her.

It's funny though. A few years ago I gave her this big brown scarf/shawl as a gift. And I have occasionally seen her post photos with her wearing something very similar. I have always wondered if it was the scarf I gave her.

5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 'Sado no Ondeko" Mini Live & Handshake/2-Shot Event @ Lalaport Ebina (2017/03/10)

ebina.jpg

One week after the big push for the new single, Wasamin was back at it with an event out in Kanagawa Prefecture, not too far from Atsugi Airbase. In fact, going to Ebina brings back memories, since this is also the town where Wasamin had her Christmas Eve Dinner Show back in 2016. Such an awesome memory.

I debated whether I wanted to trek all the way out to this event. But I really have nothing else to do this weekend, so I decided to go for it. I got to Ebina 90 minutes early, with the idea that I would enjoy a nice lunch before the event. However, I often run into this problem any time I go to a huge mall in a relatively small town. It seems like the entire city population heads to the mall on the weekend, which makes the mall insanely crowded. Moreover, it is nearly impossible to get a table anywhere. In the restaurants, in the food court, it is insane. I took a number at the Kaitenzushi, and after waiting 40 minutes I gave up. I ultimately had a Subway Sub for lunch, and even that restaurant was packed!

ebina2.jpg

The event was actually being held inside the small music shop in the mall, Vanda Records. I had never heard of this chain before. They seem to have a lot of shops in Hokkaido. They had a stage setup just inside the entrance, with a few chairs and a small standing area. However, a lot of people watched the event from outside the shop, since like most mall shops it had an open front. I was in the standing section for both events, sporting my Wasa-Happi. Here are the setlists...

1pm Setlist
    1. Saba Kaido
    2. Blue Light Yokohama
    3. Kukou
    4. Sado no Ondeko

3pm Setlist
    1. Hatsuzake
    2. Akai Sweet Pea
    3. Yume Shibai
    4. Sado no Ondeko

Wow, I don't remember the last time we heard Wasamin perform Akai Sweet Pea. According to Wasamin, it was by request of her manager. Also, it seems as if Wasamin likes to perform Blue Light Yokohama whenever she's in Kanagawa Prefecture, for obvious reasons. She was once again wearing her new Blue Happi Coat, which she has pretty much worn consistently throughout the 7th single campaign. She also spent some time promoting that television show she did with Mizumori Kaori, which I guess will be broadcast relatively soon.

They were still offering the 2-shot if you used two tickets. I had a total of three for the two events, so I decided to do the 2-shot early...

ebina3.jpg

They gave me a little extra time to talk with Wasamin, so I discussed her SHOWROOM from the previous evening. Actually, I only watched half of it, but I saw when she did a drawing of an Oni. I told her my favorite was the Oni's surf shorts, and I called him "Surfing Oni," which got a laugh.

ebina4.jpg

In-between performances I hung out in the Tully's, one of the few places you could find a seat. I also did a little shopping. And since White Day is coming up, I decided to pick something up for Wasamin. I found this cute little set of gourmet cakes, which looked good. I also bought a smaller set for myself, and they are very tasty. Anyway, I was excited to have a gift for Wasamin...

It was odd, when the 2nd handshake event started, nobody seemed to want to line up. So after two people, the line was completely empty. Heck, I'll go! So I went up with my present, and wished Wasamin a happy "White Day" I asked her if this was the correct custom, and she asked "Do they have White Day in California?" To which I replied "No, just Valentine's Day." So she asked me what you give on Valentines, and I said flowers or Chocolate. But I pointed out that my gift was cake. I'm sure she will enjoy it. I liked mine.

So it was nice to spend a Saturday afternoon with Wasamin. She has another event next Saturday as well in Saitama. I'm debating whether or not I want to go. It's actually not far from my apartment, train-wise. But it is one of those malls that isn't close to the train station, so you have to find a bus or taxi to ultimately get there. So we'll see.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    A cute little story, peripherally related to Wasamin....

sakura8.jpg

On Sunday my plan was to head to Asakusa and Higashi-Jujo to finally pick up my last two preorders of Wasamin's new single. I got sidetracked, since I was passing through Ueno. I decided to take a walk through Ueno Park to check out how the Sakura were blooming, and to see if the food stalls were open yet. Most of the trees were bare, but some of the food stalls were open.

sakura2.jpg sakura1.jpg

SCORE! So for lunch I had grilled beef kalbi, grilled squid, and a small okonomiyaki. After that I continued to Asakusa...

sakura3.jpg

When I got to Yoro-do, the music shop Wasamin often performs in, I noticed a small crowd hanging out outside. I checked the sign. Mizumori Kaori, Wasamin's senpai, was appearing. Well, since I was in the neighborhood anyway, I decided to buy a CD for the event. However, the shopkeeper informed me I could get a 2-shot if I preordered two copies. What the heck, I'll go for it.

sakura6.jpg

I had reservation #71, which meant I would surely be standing in the back. And to be honest, most of her fans or of the geriatric set, so I would feel kinda bad taking a seat anyway. By the way, Yoro-do has completely redecorated their performance venue. It looks really nice, and I LOVE the vintage movie posters framed on the walls!

sakura10.jpg sakura11.jpg

It was a fun little event. It wasn't very long, and she only sang one song (the new single) And of course, being the one foreigner in the audience, Kaori-chan made a big deal out of my presence. Since there was a very big crowd, they decided to shorten the live, and get to the 2-shots.

I was in the back of the venue, so I was one of the last people to go. She greeted me, and I reminded her of the interaction we had at NHK Hall last month. She immediately lit up. She remembered what I was wearing, where I was sitting, and then she told me afterwards when she went backstage she mentioned to Wasamin that she met her foreign fan, LOL.

sakura5.jpg

Come to think of it, I think Wasamin was trying to tell me that at one of her release events, and I didn't understand what she was saying. LOL.

Anyway, when I told her I lived in Itabashi, she asked if I was coming to the Nagara Pro show in my neighborhood. When I said yes, she said she would see me there! LOL. I have mentioned before that Mizumori-san (I remembered to call her that) is like a big kid during lives, and she is no different in person. After that I left to go to Higashi-Jujo...

sakura9.jpg
    I just happened to snap a pic of Hayabusa's signboard at Yoro-do

When I arrived a Higashi-Jujo to finally pick up my last Wasa-package, they were also holding a live event. LOL, it was Hayabusa! I was running into NagaraPro acts all over town. It was their last of three events that day. The shop owner asked if I wanted to go into the event, but it was already half-over, I didn't feel like purchasing any more CDs that day, and of course, I am more into the female performers. Although if it had not started yet, or was just beginning, I probably would have gone in.

Anyway, quite an interesting Sunday. And to make sure this involves Wasamin properly, here's a picture of her autographed signboard at Yoro-do...

sakura4.jpg

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin featured in this month's Tsukuba Express magazine....

For those of you not familiar, the Tsukuba Express is a private rail line that runs from Akihabara, through Chiba, and terminates in Ibaraki Prefecture. Wasamin is a frequent rider of this train, hence the article. (I believe she also used to mention the Joban Line) Wasamin has kept private where exactly she is from in Chiba, but when she was younger she dropped a few hints. Different fans have mentioned two different towns, and the fact that she rides this train pretty much proves one of them is correct since the Tsukuba Express runs through both of them. Anyway, here is the article. It is in Japanese, but enjoy anyway...

http://www.mir.co.jp/feature/kawara/upload/tx42al.pdf

8. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin's new radio show!

Beginning April 8th, "岩佐美咲の演日(えんにち)" "Iwasa Misaki no Ennichi" will be broadcast every Sunday from 5am-5:15am on the CBC radio network in Aichi, Gifu, and Mie Prefectures. It will also be available via the internet.

wasara.jpg

As far as I can see, this is NOT replacing her current TBS radio show, so she will now be doing two radio broadcasts per week.

Wasamin's Tweet
    Manager's Blog Announcement
    Radiko.jp Official Site (where we are supposed to be able to listen)
    Official Show Homepage (coming April 2nd)

I remember once a few years ago I had trouble using the Radiko website. Not sure if that will still be the case (I believe I was trying to access it in America)

9. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Since Wasamin will be again in Paris next summer for the japan Expo exhibition (18/07/05 to 18/07/08)

Just like we did in february 2017, we may interview her.
    I would like to gather some questions from her fans all over the world. Whatever you are a big fan like our dear mod or a casual one.
    PM me if you have any.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Just hoping she'll be in London as well the weekend after Paris.

HyperJapan announces another act tomorrow morning... finger's crossed.

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It's possible, although right now she is scheduled for two NagaraPro concerts in Kyushu on July 11th and 12th, so that would be quite the travel schedule. Not that her schedule couldn't change, though.

13. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Well she probably won’t be in London’s HyperJapan then, as it’s July 13th to 15th.

We’ll see. Looks like I’m destined not to see her...

14. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Thanks - if I can be sure of seeing both Wasamin and =LOVE then I'll make the journey. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Iwasa Misaki 'Sado no Ondeko' Cheki Event at Tokuma/Nippon Crown (2018/04/15)

When Ichikawa-san announced the dates for Wasamin's 7th single chara-ani events, I was disappointed to see that the first date fell on the same day as the HKT48 Shamekai event in Tokyo. I quickly checked the second date, and noticed I had nothing else scheduled, so that was a relief. However, I didn't have very many HKT tickets, so I compared my HKT schedule with Wasamin's cheki schedule and figured out that my last HKT ticket was at 2:30, while Wasamin's 3rd and last cheki slot was at 3:30. So I could definitely make it. In that spirit, I purchased one ticket.

Well, all went according to plan. I finished with HKT at around 2:40, and make it to Wasamin's event by 3:15. When I got upstairs, they had a booth set up to get additional tickets if you wanted. I never saw them announce this, but that's ok. I wanted to make the most of the trip over, so I purchased an additional cd/ticket. I went into the pre-queue room, and all the Wasafans noticed that a) They hadn't seen me in a while, since I have missed the last few Wasamin mini-lives, and b) I was wearing HKT gear (LOL) While we were waiting I showed them my shamekai from the HKT event. They are really nice, I will post them later in the HKT section.

Eventually I was called into the main queue. In the meantime I took off my HKT jersey. Sasou-san saw me peaking from around the corner and started laughing. Wasamin eventually saw me and exclaimed 'KURISUUUU!!!" with kind of a crying face, indicating to me that she missed me, and perhaps wondered where I had been. I immediately noticed she was wearing the dress from her Ebisu Garden Hall concert., and she had on sexy red heels. She asked if I wanted to take a full body shot, but I said the face and torso were fine. I got two pics...

IMG_8209.JPG

I got most of the dress anyway. Sasou-san is a pro at taking chekis. In the meantime, I was telling her about the big paper that I had to write tonight, and that I also had to write an essay in Japanese. She asked what the essay was about, and then asked if she would be seeing me again soon. (Actually, I didn't mean to miss a bunch of events, it's just that her events recently have either conflicted with the AKB handshake events, or have been very far away. Admittedly, I missed one because I had a hangover.) I reminded her that I would see her on Wednesday since she is performing very close to where I live. She was like, "Oh yeah Itabashi!"

And with that I took off. I rushed home to start my paper, but instead I am writing this report. :fp: I'll get it all done one way or another.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Nagara Group Enka Festival at Itabashi Cultural Hall (2018/04/18)

Imagine how excited I was when I found out Wasamin and the rest of the gang from Nagara Pro would be coming to my neighborhood for a big performance. It turns out Nagara Pro makes this an annual tradition, traveling to different Tokyo Wards for a performance. This year's show would be a short distance from my apartment, near my local ward offices. Of course, this didn't get past Wasamin, or the rest of the fans. Wasamin knows I live in Itabashi, and she was counting on me to be there.

This was going to be a really big show. All the Nagara Pro regulars were there; Hikawa Kiyoshi, Mizumori Kaori, Tagawa Toshimi, Yamakawa Yutaka, Fujino Toshie, Hayabusa, and of course Wasamin. The show also featured Sasaki Isao, Billyken, Shiina Sachiko, and Nagara Pro's new regular performer. Tatsumi Yuuto. As usual, the MC was Nishiyori Higashi.

naga1.jpg

There were two performances scheduled, but I wasn't sure I could sit through a full Enka show twice in one day, so I opted only for the evening performance, which I applied for via the Wasamin fan club. In the meantime, when I met Mizumori Kaori (Wasamin senpai) in Asakusa a month or so ago I also told her I lived in Itabashi and would be at the show. The only thing left was to get my ticket....

naga2.jpg

BAM! Front row! Right on the aisle too. This was going to be great. Or would it be? Sometimes being the token foreigner and being in a high-visibility seat can come with some interesting interactions and responsibilities. And today, well...let's start by saying by the end of the show everyone in the 1200 seat hall knew who I was. But I digress....

naga6.jpg

I could almost walk there, but I decided to take the train for convenience sake. I got there a little early since I had never been there before, and wasn't sure of the layout. There was already a queue down the side of the building. After grabbing a cup of coffee to wake myself up (I have been sick and on medication the past few days) I queued up. Once inside, it was a madhouse! Per usual, all of the artists had sales tables, and Hayabusa, Billyken, and Wasamin were doing handshakes for people who bought their goods. I saw Wasamin's sales booth, but didn't see her. Then I found her all the way at the end. So I doubled back to grab two CDs and handshake tickets, fighting waves of obasans coming in the other direction. I got my CDs, and went back to the handshake table. In the meantime, Hikaru from Hayabusa spotted me and started waving hello. Ya know, they are really nice guys, and I always ignore at these events...

So I went to see Wasamin, and they were being really generous, giving us about 30-40 seconds per ticket. I welcomed Wasamin to Itabashi. She asked how close my apartment was to the venue (hehe) and I told her two stops away, but very close. I just kept telling her how excited I was that she was performing in Itabashi. She noticed I was sweating, and asked if I was okay. I told her it was because of the crowd of people, which was actually half true. I was also kinda weak from being sick, and all the hustle and bustle in the lobby was getting to me. I told her I had another ticket, and would be back in a minute....

naga3.jpg

I doubled back over to the sales booth, and I found what I was looking for. I always tell Hayabusa that I like their latest single, I should finally pick up a copy, which I did. I went back over to the handshake table, but this time to see Hayabusa. Yamato was first, and I basically told both of them the same thing. I see them all the time, and I never meet them after performances because I am always there to see Wasamin or Minyo Girls, but this time I wanted to say hello to them. Hikaru actually tried speaking some English with me, but he wasn't very good at it. Also, I wasn't aware that the third member of Hayabusa retired from the group a few weeks ago. I noticed he was out the last time I saw them at NHK Hall, and then I noticed all their new promotional materiel only has Hikaru and Yamato on it. Oh well...

After that I went back to use my second Wasamin ticket. She was showing me these honey glazed walnuts she found at a conbini, and asked if I liked them. I told her I did and asked which conbini she got them from, but she couldn't remember. Then I showed her my ticket, and that I was in the front row. She was very happy for me. I mentioned meeting Hayabusa, and also told her the story about taking a 2-shot with Mizumori-san, but she acted like she already knew, so I guess Mizumori-san told her. I wished her the best and told her to have a great show. I got away from the craziness in the lobby and headed down to my front row seat...

naga5.jpg
    Yep, right against the stage!

It turned out I was sitting next to one of the other Wasafan club members, so that was nice. A few fans came up to me and noticed my Wasamin Happi, most of the crowd were Kiyoshi supporters, but there were patches of supporters for everyone throughout the theater. The show started with a group song and introduction of all the performers. I spied Wasamin staring at me a couple of times, and then Mizumori saw me and gave me a little nod and wave. It was the end of the MC, and all of the sudden Mizumori-san tried to get Higashi-san's attention, and started pointing to me. Oh jeez....

It's time for "Look, there's a foreigner in the audience" Today's special guest? Me! Yutaka-san, who I think speaks decent English, came to the front of the stage and asked my name. At first he didn't hear what I said, and then Wasamin blurted out "Chris-san!" Higashi-san then mentioned to Yutaka that he had spoken to me previously, and that I could speak Japanese. Well, that was all fun, but it didn't end there...

Each performer sang a random song, either an older single, or like in the case of Wasamin, one of her new B-side tracks, Yume Shibai. Kiyoshi, of course, sang his classic Kiyoshi no Zundoko Bushi. After that is was time for the guest performances of Sasaki Isao and Billyken. Isao-san sang his famous theme from Space Battleship Yamato. Then it was time for MCs, first Wasamin, Hayabusa, Sachiko-san, and Yuuto. After that it was the big guns. Kiyoshi was wearing an interesting suit, which he described as "Keema Curry."

Then at one point during the MC, Yutaka again turned to me and said "You understand?" Higashi-san was like, "You okay over there Chris?" Ya know, I didn't really want to co-star in this show, and of course the fans are having a great time with it. It's one of those things I will look back on fondly. But in the moment, I was dying. "Just leave me alone!"

The final part of the show was interesting. Each star sang their current single, with the music video playing on the big screen behind them. It's interesting, since most of the PVs are basically the same. Mainly lots of closeups of the singer, alternating with a picturesque backdrop and an in-studio style backdrop. Only Wasamin's PV, Kiyoshi's really seemed to have any directorial or production on them. In fact, I really liked Kiyoshi's song and PV...

if the video does not show watch the video here

They didn't play Hayabusa's Mushi Dance PV I'm guessing because the their member left, instead just projecting their performance on the screen. After one last group song with everyone, including Higashi-san singing, the show was over. As I left I heard my name called by various people about a dozen times or so. And of course the other Wasamin fans were laughing at me. I wanted to join them for beers, but I had to go home and study for final exams.

It was a great show. Being in the first row is really a different experience, even from being in the second row. Unfortunately, they didn't do their usual "walking around the audience" portion of the show. I was really in a great spot if they had done it, but oh well. And now I really want to see Wasamin too so we can talk about all the attention I got. After all, Wasamin always says that I'm famous. LOL.

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    The lace on the black dress made it look like she had a tattoo on her arm.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Thug-Wasamin with the tattoo sounds like something I can get behind tho lol.

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, it's time for a Wasa-update...

Iwasa Misaki Challenge Stage at Shinseido Kashiwa (2018/05/01)

I am currently on holiday, which means I can finally go to one of Wasamin's monthly challenge stages which she holds in Kashiwa every month. But before we get to that, it's time to flip the Wasa-calendar...

wasa4.jpg wasa5.jpg

Of all the photos in Wasamin's 2018 calendar, the Spring photos are my favorites by far. I mean she looks absolutely stunning! Anyway...

It has been a while since I have been to a Wasamin mini-live. Frankly, lately most of them have been way out in the sticks and require at least an hour train ride from Tokyo, sometimes more. In fact, her next few also fall into this category. So I'm not sure how many I will be attending. But I do like to go to her "Challenge Stage" whenever I get the chance, which is like 2-3 times per year since it is held on weekdays around lunch time when I am usually busy.

This is also the beginning of her new concert BluRay/DVD promotion since it comes out in late-May. The gimmick is you can pre-order the concert and get two handshake tickets plus a concert poster. BTW, some of the posters are randomly signed. You can also purchase her latest single for one handshake ticket (plus signboard or sticker) No matter which you buy, you can use two tickets for a shamekai, or one ticket for a handshake. I got to Shinseido around twenty minutes before the event, and filled out a pre-order form. I bought a Blu-Ray, as well as one CD for three tickets. I had a long day ahead of me after the event, so I didn't open my poster. Instead I put it in my bag and prayed it 1) wouldn't get bent, and 2) was autographed. By the time I was done, it was almost time for the show. I decided to go to the very back of the viewing area.

At this point, a little old lady with a walker came over and started talking to me. At first I didn't realize it, but she was speaking English. She was asking me if I was a fan, and how long. After that it was the usual why are you in Japan, etc. etc. I showed her some of my Wasa 2-shots, as well as my Mizumori 2-shot. It was about then that the show started. Here is the setlist...

Setlist
    1. Mujineki
    2. Tegami (Originally recorded by Yuki Saori 1970)
    3. Ringo no Uta
    4. Sado no Ondeko

I didn't realize it at the time, but I am familiar with Yuki Saori since she co-starred in an old NHK Asadora I really like. But it was nice to hear Wasamin perform again. Since the stage area at Shinseido is outside on a heavily walked street, she gets the attention of a lot of passers-by. During the MCs Wasamin was asking who was on vacation for Golden Week, as well as promoting her numerous upcoming TV appearances. Once the show ended, the little old lady said goodbye, but before she left I gave her the copy of Wasamin's single I had purchased. At first she didn't accept, until I reminded her I was a Wasafan and already have many many copies, LOL. In the meantime, I noticed that the shop also had an autographed Nogizaka46 poster for their latest release...

wasa3.jpg

I waited a few minutes before lining up. Since there were shamekai, the line was moving quite slowly. I decided to take my shamekai first. I couldn't decide what to talk to her about first. I had a few things in mind. Eventually it was my turn. Wasamin asked me what pose I wanted to do, I said "Hearto-pose, because I love you"

wasa2.jpg

The moment the shot finished, Wasamin wanted to talk about the Enka Festival in Itabashi. You know, the one where I ended up being the center of attention? BTW, Wasamin thought it was great. I told her it was all Mizumori's fault, as she was the one who got Higashi's attention and told him to address me. Wasamin knew I was embarrassed, but she thought the entire exchange was cute and that I should be happy about it. I told her after the show everyone in the audience was calling me by name.

wasa8.jpg

I felt a little queasy, but I decided to requeue and use my second ticket. I asked her about the photo she took in Okinawa in front of the A&W. Did she try the Root Beer? I know a lot of Japanese people hate Root Beer. At first Wasamin was hesitant to answer, and told me to ask her manager. Ichikawa-san said she hated it. Then Wasamin admitted she also hated it, LOL. She assumed i liked it, which I do. I then told her that I am excited about the Bus Tour and Bridge Walk, but I am somewhat afraid of heights. She told me not to worry.

wasa7.jpg

I waited for the end of the event, and then took off for Odaiba. Since it is Golden Week, Odaiba is filled with festivals. There's Niku-Fes. There is also a Beer & BBQ Festival, which has really great food. Finally my favorite, Oktoberfest, which is a real blast. I headed over for a few beers and some Currywurst, before heading back home. Luckily, my poster survived the entire day, and when I opened it...

wasa1.jpg

Score-a-rooni! My first one too. I'm not sure what percentage of the posters are signed, but it didn't seem like too many people got signed versions, so it was just my lucky day!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1