Takahashi Juri (Juri) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Why should they care ones who don't give them money?
    Culture appropriation is western non-sense. No Asian cares. Oh. I forgot that, to the westerner, oversea Asian fans do not exist.

Many times, K-fans' requests are ignored too.

Woollim explained the meaning of the name saying "Rocket Punch will deliver a 'punch' of energy/freshness into the dull/boring world we live in and sharing a bright energy into our day".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Btw, Debut Showcase on the 7th at 8PM (KST)
    There's some tweets about streaming. But to my understanding, is it subs only?

3. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    ^ with more teasers perhaps?
    (TBH, I got ITZY vibes watching it)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

Rocket Punch at Lovelyz' concert, Alwayz. https://twitter.com/Official_LVLZ/status/1157295063958900736
    I wish Dahyun will grow 3-4 cm more so Suyun won't be lonely up there.

It's said Bim Bam Bum was German.

I think it sounded like tropical house Cherry Bullet. (I thought tropical house was outdating.)

It feels weird that Bim Bam Bum, not Pink Punch, is the "title" track of Pink Punch.

5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    They're also the first group I thought of!

I'm a native German speaker and it doesn't mean anything

If you pay close attention, you'll see that it says "title" next to Bim Bam Bum during the video ^^

6. Midori

Midori Member

I think it might be onomatopoeia, I (a swede) recall bim bam bom being used in such a context, and I found a children's book about using pots and pans to make "music". I guess it's possible there's something similar in German, but even in Swedish the words themselves don't mean anything; maybe whoever from the company said it's German didn't phrase themselves well or didn't understand it to begin with :^^;:

People in the Youtube comments are calling Woollim Trollim because they apparently mislead the audience with their teasers a lot [hehe]

7. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I can only imagine it to be onomatopoeic as well, but it would mean as much as it does in English.

There is a nursery rhyme called Bimmel Bammel Bommel

if the video does not show watch the video here

It still really doesn't mean anything, it's just funny words and Bommel rhymes with Trommel (drums). It's a nursery rhyme about a cat pounding on drums, mice dancing to it and the earth shaking because of the drums

After a little Youtube search, I found a Slovak song called Bim Bam Bom (but Google Translate says it doesn't mean anything in Slovak either) and two Turkish songs with that name (also no result via Google Translate).

8. trxsh

trxsh Member

The group seems like it's going to have the energetic+innocent concept similar to how Gfriend was when they debuted :inlove:

Ok don't get me wrong, Juri looks really cute but the weave is BAD. In this clip, you can see where her real hair ends :yikes:

9. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    • Like Like x 3
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

I thought it might be German onomatopoeia, child play/nursery rhyme or brand of a German product. There were also a song titled "Simon Says"(British child play) and another song titled "Roly Poly" (foreign candy brand).

Original meaning of "title song" was the song whose title also used as the title of the album. So, by original meaning, "Pink Punch" is the title song.

Due to economic sanction on Korea from Japan (for not to so rightful reason, to promote the party PM Abe belongs to with extreme nationalism), the Korean hatred toward the Japanese hits new high. This will hit Juri in a degree.

I've seen quite a number of comments saying Juri looked alike Chaeyeon (definitely IZ*One's one, not DIA's).

11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Technically, debut also means the first release or performance of a group, but there have been groups that have released pre-debut songs (e.g. "FavOrite" by LOONA even though "Hi High" was the debut song; or Chungha's "Week" even though "Hands On Me" ended up being her debut). Idol also technically means a visual representation of a God.

I think it's safe to say that we needn't take K-Pop terms at face value.

12. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
  13. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    forwarded what i post on RCPC thread,

so Juri really is a group rapper, (or not? can't really confirm with this clip)

14. Patrickilla

Patrickilla Kenkyuusei

I'm just getting back to 46/48 groups because of izone and just see Juri's teaser on YT. Still very shocked to see her re-debut as kpop idol. Heard the rumor before but it never feel real until it finally happened. Man I remember when she was on Team 4 and the kusogaki with Ryoka. Her bratty and foul mouth character was great to see.

Judging from the teaser it looks like the choreo similar to Itzy and Weki Meki's style, but I think there will be some influence from Lovelyz since they're from the same company. Maybe it'll be like GWSN or Everglow?

15. Titan3

Titan3 Member

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    the second teaser is out

if the video does not show watch the video here

seems like it will a tropical house song... sounds like a pretty good, safe choice overall.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    ^ lol-ed when that random CG leopard started walking past

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. xiumitty

xiumitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    BNK48
    Songs like that usually tend to do quite alright, so i'm hoping it will be a hit!

I'm also pretty sure that alot of shows are going to hop on Rocket Punch, because it's not every day that a 48GROUP former-member re-debuts in Korea.
    Plus with the other PD48 members.. I'm hoping for the best!

• Like Like x 2
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

:lol: Why will K media express they care about J-pop at all especially when JP vs. KR relationship hits new low? Woollim may even ask show hosts to avoid saying Juri is Japanese. She may be labeled the foreign member rather than the Japanese. If RCPC is all over K media.it's because of Woollim's strings, not Juri.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. xiumitty

xiumitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    BNK48
    I mean, yeah kind of true, but with the Japanese IZ*ONE girls, they were also really well received. Plus with other Japanese members in Korean groups. I'm just hoping everything will be nice ;;

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    There have been instances, also fairly recently, where Japanese girls were attacked online by knetz, such as when TWICE's Sana made a post about the change into the Reiwa era. But I guess there's always radicals; I'm just worried that with the boycott, they feel justified in their actions and come out of their hiding a bit more.