Kadowaki Kanako (Kanakichi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by Naomi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Kanakichi appeared with Airi on Warai Meshi Chidori no Chiiki Kassei TV. They went to a ski resort and watched a winter sports themed idol group called Chikusa Girls perform. Ski dance!

if the video does not show watch the video here

I was finally able to catch her on Kawaiian Clubee! with Yuuri and Momo-chan. It was really fantastic. She did karaoke for "Youkai Taisou Daiichi," ate cricket takoyaki, and saved a piece of cake from certain doom with lightning quick reflexes! She's going to be on tonight's episode with Moka and Konomin, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that one pans out.

Apparently she'll make a cameo in Majisuka 4 as well. Hopefully it brings fans in this direction so I'm not just talking to myself bwahaha. I do have to say how fortunate I feel at just how visible Kanakichi is. For someone who's back of the NMB senbatsu and far far from the general senbatsu darlings of 48 group, there is rarely a shortage of things to watch her in. I'm hoping her appearances in various variety shows only increases upon her graduation from high school this year. Could be a really good year for our rising variety star.

2. arcleife

arcleife Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kobayashiyui
    Twitter:
    refaceli
    Looks like Kanakichi is on the same boat with Riichan and Keicchi as Gekioko student who got beaten up by Majijo Gakuen student :^^;:, I see a glimpse of her on Majisuka Gakuen 4 Chokuzen SP.

And yeah, I also think Kanakichi is really talented, I love seeing her Mushi no Ballad, hopefully 2015 will be a great year for her :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  3. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Kanakichi did a great job leading Konomin and Moka in the latest Kawaiian club episode and she also sang Nandeyanen idol on it<3. I really hope the song can rank within top 100 in setlist best 1035.
    (Moka still can't spell Tuesday after misspelling it so many times :().

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Didn't she spell Tuesday as "Fulayday" once?

5. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    There's kinda that big wall in Rika, Kanakichi, Ripopo, Momoka, Haru and Yuipon in terms of variety work that the younger members are gonna have trouble overcoming. No matter how many AKB coupling songs or election rankings or A-side senbatsu's they'll get, management really values the aforementioned members' experience (possibly as long term investments like Ainyan and Nana) and consistently puts them on certain shows, so I don't think we'll see Kanakichi going anywhere! Which is reassuring because she's really important. On the flip side, it's kinda good since certain members can receive a push from AKS work or in movies and Geinin stuff and certain other can get pushed in more local, non-idol variety work.

6. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    [​IMG]
    Kanako is too adorable.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  7. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Whoops, don't know how I missed this post (though I didn't miss the picture). But yes, she is very adorable all right.
    B9t58B5CYAAncfX.jpg

Kanakichi was also chosen for the 11th single senbatsu, "Don't look back!" Congratulations to her! (though I may have some anxiety this summer due to her dropping in the senbatsu order)

She wore this hairstyle, making it easier to find her on Music Station in the ocean that is the senbatsu.
    o0240032013217187384.jpg

8. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    [​IMG]
    boop !!??Kanako being herself [hehe]

9. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Kanakichi's gotten some spots on Ripopo's Vine account lately, including this super cute one.
    https://vine.co/v/OxrlxtLnnD0

Also some also cute pictures from the past couple of days at the concerts.

From Reinyan, a sleeping Kichi.
    image.jpg

And some post show
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg

Not a whole lot else going on though. Was on Radio NMB with Sayaka and Momochan couple weeks ago, but it's been elusive.

10. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    For those who may have been concerned, Gachi de Tsurimasu! is set to return on March 25 for its first episode of 2015.

She spent the day fishing today and revealed the details on Twitter and blog.
    https://twitter.com/kanakichiyade/status/576324036726116352
    http://s.ameblo.jp/nmb48/entry-12001111130.html

Her guest will be former baseball player Yasushi Tao to which Kanakichi also revealed Papa Kadowaki's jealousy. [hehe] No confirmation on jealousy regarding certain Hanshin cheering teammates. :D

Was getting a little worried about the status of this show, but it appears it went on break for the winter. Guess Sanspo didn't want to keep having her go smelt fishing and have Riripon falling asleep. :p

11. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Just announced that Kanakichi will be a scoutsman for team BII to help Emicchi making decision for 2nd draft kaigi
    [​IMG]

12. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Hopefully they can make great additions to Team BII. I love Coco and Isokana to death, I'd like to see this trend continued, haha.

Gachi de Tsurimasu! returns.

13. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Too bad BII can't really draft the older member this time around :cry2:someone that is all around and good at almost everything like Kokochan would be awesome though.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  14. anakdekan

anakdekan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Angelina Christy
    Twitter:
    anakdekan
    Kanakichi officially register for this year sousenkyo
    [​IMG]

15. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    ^ I can't believe this is the same girl who is looking so mature in the Vanquish ads. [hehe]

CBGwtjdVIAAFu3L.jpg coordinate08.jpg

Kanakichi went on a gourmet tour in Okinawa. Highly recommend watching it, she's very spot on with her variety game!

(should pop up to where she is, but if not, 22:40 mark is her segment)

16. Jokyng

Jokyng Kenkyuusei

Not sure if everyone understood what she ate last. Oh my goodness. She seemed to like it though.

17. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    I got my votes for Kanakichi in. I hope it can help in being enough to get her to crack the top 80, but I'm of course skeptical at best. She's been extremely vocal about wanting this to be the year she ranks in and shown frustration for not ranking in the prelims, but passion aside, it's difficult to make too much headway when even as one of the more popular members in NMB, there's almost no reason for general 48 fans who may not care much about NMB to even know who she is.

After all, she's not going to appear on AKB shows even when NMB joins in as more than a back row girl and she was one of two NMB senbatsu members to not be featured in the election guide (not to mention being left out of all of the NMB songs on AKB singles). So it's frustrating in that sense to have to rely entirely on Osaka support when NMB fans also don't have much reason to care about the election. :^^;:

That would especially ring true for Kanakichi fans, who are probably too complacent in that regard due to Kanakichi's own strengths within NMB to either assume her senbatsu spot is relatively safe or that even without a regular senbatsu gig after the 12 single, she'll at the very least continue to be a key presence for Yoshimoto and NMB within variety programs. And to be fair, given she's almost certainly going to continue her career with Yoshimoto post-graduation, so it would be rather dumb on their end to punish her for not placing in AKB's "who has the richest fans?" contest.

Even still, I hope she'll rank in for her own joy and for whatever benefits she feels it may include. It wouldn't hurt to make it though I certainly don't see any negatives for her in not doing so, so might as well just go for the best possible outcome. Sorry I got off a bit of a tangent, given I'm mostly talking to myself here it may seem a bit concerning. :D

As for election stuff, her poster and appeal video:
    CFVMSW0VEAEwG2k.jpg

Also feel free to check out the most recent episode of Gachi de Tsurimasu!, before like every other video in this thread, it disappears. Since its return this year, Gachi de Tsurimasu! has really leveled up in terms of quality and Kanakichi actually learning fishing techniques.

She'll be the latest member to have an appearance in Holiday Auto, appearing in July's issue, which comes out June 10th.

For the election however, let's hope for the best, shall we?
    Untitled.jpg

18. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

I put in a few votes for her. I'm not holding my breath, but it'll at least make the lower tiers of the election results more exciting. If she ranks in I'll probably go bananas.:banana:

19. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    mm150606-1716320893.jpg
    An expected result for Kanakichi to not rank, but yet still a disappointing one. Guess it shows how far we are/she is from getting there. But while there may be some concerns when fellow long-time (back row) senbatsu members Uuka and Airi did rank (and that Kanakichi is 18th of 20 in the new single), as I said before, I can't imagine this reflecting her overall place within the group.

That would make her own disappointment the biggest takeaway from today and while this may not be her best chance ever, it was her best chance yet and to see her disappointment is its own kind of frustrating. Maybe one day she can get there.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    To be perfectly frank, Kanakichi's position in senbatsu is probably the most precarious right now (next to Konomin). Management will want to bring Aika/Rinacchi back next single or bring Haruna back and the easiest people to drop would be the back row members. Kanakichi has been dropped twice before and its not like her handshakes sell truckloads so I would not be surprised if she doesn't make it next single.