Graduated Team J - Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia (Ayu-chin)

Discussion in 'JKT48 Graduated Members' started by Saha_6, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Nabilah once said she really concerned with her body height and has been doing regular exercise like swimming (in Indonesia the myth swimming is good for tall growth). But instead of getting taller her body become muscled.

That would be ideal nabilah is tall and slim but we have to accept reality. Pendekar = pendek-kekar / short-athletic. Fit for a bajaj driver :D . Jez kidding Bilz

2. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Fresh pic of Nabilah in today’s JKT48 handshake event in Yogyakarta (an old city in Central Java where Nabilah’s grandfather also originated)

So Nabilah has Javanese descent as me? that’s why she’s likeable, special, smart and this and that blablabla... That’s cool Bil u hav Javanese blood.
    I'm talking about Nab, not me.

<--the pic is my nu ava

The event is held in an area inside the famous University Gadjah Mada.
    Being there, she’s dreaming next year after finishing senior high school she’ll attend the university.

UGM is prestigious university in Indonesia, maybe it’s like Harvard in the US.

3. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    The pillars of JKT48, Melody and Nabilah from yesterday HS event.
    This time no more Melo stimulate Nab that lead her to self crafted monologue speaking korean-german-thai-chinese (that’s my analysis result of their kfc bts moment).

melonab hs yogya.jpg

4. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shinta Naomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2
  5. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    ^ in English: Nab talks about during early times in her junior and senior high school she never attended students orientation week due to busy jkt schedules and she had to communicate it with the students supervisor. Dealing with school supervisor usually has negative connotation but Nab excuse is different.

I’ve just found out in Jitenshaprojectdotcom March 2016 posted the “pure magic” Connie Talbot of British Got Talent (first season) followed Nabilah’s Twitter account. Nab was surprised and they exchanged tweets a little .

I check her bio and I see similarities with Nab, they are fellow scorpio starsign with numerology element “2”.

http://jitenshaproject.com/2955/penyanyi-inggris-connie-talbot-follow-twitter-member-jkt48.html

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2017
  6. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Typical Nabilah behavior.

Cuz the blessed Nabilah playing the kid toy, it‘s almost broken but miraculously return to early perfect shape .
    Nevertheless Nab’s got a nice bonus. Her finger pinched. That must be hurt. Auchh…

7. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    https://twitter.com/nabilahJKT48/status/873520686911836161

June 10, during spare time of a tv program shooting in a zoo, Nabilah was trying to feed a tiger and succeed (she fed it from a save place high above).
    Right after that there’s interesting conversation with a co-player, Aming.

Aming : “So strong”
    Nab: “Who?”
    Aming: “The tiger of course“
    Nab: ” I’m strong too, you know”

----------------------

Yes, you’re strong as a tiger Nab, no doubt.

8. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Today is the first day Nab in her 12th grade of senior high school.

nab 12.jpg

This morning her with the simple white and grey school uniform. Very humble outfit compared to J-girls wee see in 48 MV’s.

Commonly senior high school students (government owned schools) in Indonesia mon-tue wears white grey, wed-thu Batik /traditional motived shirt and fri-sat brown boyscout. Some students when come and off school add wearing jacket or sweater in order to not look plain

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  9. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Yesterday I watched tv that a popular indo youtuber, Ria Ricis success with the income of 16 milliar rupiah (About USD 1.202103) a year. Usually her vids are about traveling plus her silly behaviors. Her trademark is wearing hijab. People has also been knowing her as the young sibling of female actress oki setiana dewi.

I think nabilah can do it better, perhaps after grad (not anytime soon ofc).

As an example this video below (year 2013)
    This is one of nabilah specialty, change a song lyric and moreover, sing it funnily
    The other person's voice is Shania aka Shanju taking the camera.

She replaced the lyric of the anime crayon shinchan into her absurd interpretation words:

NAB: Hello all! This is the song I promise to you guys, not really different with the previous one shania has uploaded (there is first version of this clip).
    “One day I returned home to Jakarta
    To be there I took a plane
    But the plane’s engine was broken and I almost fell off
    I’ m so confused what am I going to do??”

NAB: Finish. That's all the song!
    SHANIA: Nothing funny huh, Bye..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  10. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Nabilah is known for her sense of egalitarian for an instance not being shame using cheap transportation as Bajaj* to go or off school and familiar with the driver.

One day after school in bajaj with a female friend , she was shooting herself as passenger recorded it with her camera phone then pointed it toward the driver’s face. I believe his “handsome” look Nab was laughing at. Just for fun of course no bad intention.

Nab made the clip spontaneously but strangely it has a perfect plot: in the end of the scene as Nab shout ” kang bajaiii…” while the driver was indifference hitting the gas of the noisy bajaj in a hot dry afternoon.

*Bajaj (pronounced ‘bajai’) is a small three wheels vehicle as public transportation imported from India in 1970’s and still operated in some areas in Jakarta. The name is derived from its manufacturer, Bajaj Automotive.

11. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    [2015]

They were making kinda joke in jkt theater

Ayana is possessed by an evil spirit. Beby and Shania hold her hands.
    Then comes Nabilah, the famous shaman with her powerful mantra energized the water then mouth spray it to the poor victim ayana (who is double poor, possessed and being sprayed by water contaminated with nabilah’s saliva).
    The crazy shaman closes the cure session with unnecessary bonus holywater spray to Shania.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  12. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    These three are nab’s darling pals: Beby, Shanju and Sonia.
    There was a pairing MeloNab, Melody-Nabilah. Melody is like her older sister who she woold like to ask advices but the people who will react “lmao” to nab’s antics are this trio. Couple years back this bunch form a group namely “Geng Tanjoubi” ( Tanjoubi gang).They have made silly videos.

genk tanjoubi.jpg

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  13. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    [2014]

Nabilah Lough Out Loud when Shanju has no idea about a song lyric
    In a car with Shanju (and Cigull or Yupi in the back). The music player in the car plays a song popular at the time. When the delight refrain arrived, Nab decides to sing it along with Shanju. Nab knows the lyric well and sing it with proper expression. Shanju makes excuse being tired and cannot continue (the reality might be not knowing the lyric)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  14. Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48

Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Too bad, she hasn't sent us a status in twitter... :(
    If she hiatus, It's no problem
    But please don't grad for this two years :(
    BTW, sometimes I hate to see few people speak about her in fb... :wall: :mad: :rant:

15. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    I got info in twitter her mom told she's concentrating school and also not fully recover from illness. Didn't previously she has appendicitis surgery? perhaps jkt dances will make it bad again.

Actually I don't mind if she grad next year after finishing high school to pursuit her future, to become a pediatrician.

16. Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48

Akira Maruni Harvestrainer48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    Ummm... Thx for the info (where did you get it ?)
    Hope Nabilah can do activity again in JKT... :(

17. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    From twitter. I hope its trustable source.
    About four days ago I searched news about Nab. Typed it in twitter search and I found tweet a girl said she has asked Nab’s mom via private message (I forgot twitter of IG) and she answered Nab is busy with school and still not in full health but says she will back to jkt activities at anytime.
    But the part of ex appendicitis operation is my speculation.

18. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    2015, Ojou Sammy (her username) an idol enthusiast from the US writes her opinion about Nabilah. I copy-paste it from her tumblr. No edit (but no photos included)

JKT48 Member Profile : Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia

Next in the queue of requests is a JKT48 member who is very special to me… my Team Joshi, Nabilah! One of her nicknames is Ayu-chin, but I’ll be calling her Nabilah throughout this post.

Birthdate: November 11, 1999
    Catchphrase: “My name is Nabilah, the chatty one! Let’s have fun together!” (The “let’s have fun together” part is in said English.)

Power, dedication, and style—Nabilah is a well-rounded idol even at a young age.

Nabilah is one of those idols where it sort of feels like… where do I start?! Nabilah is one of the forefront members of the group, so if you’ve seen even just a few things related to JKT48, you’ll probably be able to recognize Nabilah’s face because of her central positions in the group.

For a while, Nabilah was the youngest member of the group before the introduction of Generation 3. While she may no longer hold that “title,” the other members still view her as a younger sister, since her boisterous nature lets her fulfill this role so well.

As she references in her catchphrase, Nabilah is an excitable talking machine! She often relates herself to a rabbit, and it’s easy to see why. Bouncing around, happily chatting with the other members, energetically dancing on stage, singing with all of her might—Nabilah is someone who is always functioning on all cylinders, both around her friends and in front of the audience.

Her confidence on stage likely comes from her years of participating in beauty contests and commercials prior to joining JKT48. Even back when she was two years old, she was a participant in a modeling contest; she’s even boasted about winning second place in a “Healthy Baby Photo” competition!

While Nabilah came to JKT48 with some experience being in front of others, being a performing idol was something that she was new to, and she’s commented in various interviews that she noticed many things she was lacking when she was just starting out in the group. She referenced her struggles to emote frequently, saying that for a while, she would simply keep the same expression from song to song, but through practice, she has learned how to change her expressions, mannerisms, and even dance moves to better convey melancholy and sad songs.

Nabilah also mentioned that at the beginning when the JKT48 theater first opened up, she noticed that she had trouble synchronizing her dance movements and capturing the attention of the audience. She credits hard work and practice to helping her to improve her skill. Now, she’s one of the stronger dancers in JKT48. I’ve shown this clip before, but I want to link it again because I really like it—you can see how Nabilah has such a powerful and sleek dancing style. In this clip, she’s in the light brown coat in the front row.

Nowadays, her stage presence is distinctly powerful. She clearly has honed her skills on engaging the audience. When she’s performing, she always seems to be looking at someone in particular in the audience, which helps to foster a closer connection between the fans and the idol, I think. This performance (just a little preview, but still great!) of Nabilah and Melody singing “Kimi to Boku no Kankei” is an excellent example of that. Another one of my favorite examples of the power of her stage presence is their “RIVER” performance at Budokan in Japan (I know I keep referencing this clip, but I feel like I can’t share it enough! These girls were on FIRE in this performance!) Just look at her from 2:00-2:24; her facial expressions are SO intense (she’s pretty easy to find—just look for the short one in twintails!). She’s a very focused performer—again, something that’s so refreshing to see in someone as young as Nabilah. She may be silly off stage, but when you see her come to life in front of the audience, you can tell that she has unshakable drive. Ari Tulang, a famous choreographer and musical theater director in Indonesia, went to JKT48’s theater last year to watch one of their shows and he singled out Nabilah for being excellent at expressions.

Vocally, Nabilah has a distinct singing voice. It’s a little raspy, and a happy balance of cute and mature. She can handle singing the cute upbeat songs, like she did in her unit of Tenshi no Shippo, sassier songs like Tsundere, and even more soulful things—something that really stood out for me is her acoustic version cover of Tenshi no Shippo.

Proving herself as a versatile performer, Nabilah has been a member of all JKT48 singles since she started out in the group. In her earlier days in the group, Nabilah was commonly spotted wearing a signature twintails hairstyle, but over the years, fans have been able to see her personal style mature, too! In general, Nabilah seems to be very cognizant of her traits, strengths, and weaknesses—she’s mentioned in past interviews how, overall, she felt a bit childish in the mix of JKT48 members, particularly when she first joined the group. She declared that she wanted to become more mature (and, on another note, taller… although there’s not much she can do to actually change her height!) and over the years, it really seems like she’s achieving that. It’s made me a really proud fan to see her gradually getting better as an idol year after year.

Miscellany: Nabilah’s hobbies are singing, dancing, acting, and travel; enjoys playing basketball and swimming; favorite foods are eggs, fried rice, and miso soup; is not very talented at drawing; likes to communicate via Twitter; her dream is to become an international idol; admires Maeda Atsuko; considers herself close friends with everyone; admits that she is proud of her eyes, hair, and “crooked tooth” smile; her goal within JKT48 is to launch a solo album; she’s happiest during events where she gets to meet fans; when she gets married, she wants her wedding dress to have rabbit ears on it; said that if she was ever confessed to, she wouldn’t answer right away; in JKT48’s 2014 Senbatsu Election (their first one as a group), Nabilah came in sixth place; here’s a silly clip of her practicing the wotagei MIX!

My personal thoughts: I’m actually going to keep this fairly short! I apologize for that, but because Nabilah is my oshi, I couldn’t help but insert my personal opinion into a lot of pieces of this profile… I’m just too impressed by her! At first, I think Nabilah is easily underrated or overlooked—even though she has such a prominent position within JKT48. It’s easy to think of her as “the silly, cute one” and assume that she doesn’t have a lot of substance because of her age. However, this couldn’t be farther from the truth! Nabilah is a dynamite performer, and while she can act silly and casual, she’s really very dedicated and focused on making progress as an idol. Even if you compare videos of Nabilah when she was first starting out to current videos, you can tell she’s come quite a long way in terms of her development and improvement as an idol—and she wasn’t even a weak performer to begin with! I feel like she’s gradually stepped more into her character and embraced who she is over the years, rather than feeling the need to fill any sort of certain “character” or “stereotype” within the group. She’s multi-faceted, talented, positive, and, I feel, extremely worthy of all the praise and attention she gets. And, this is probably totally irrelevant but still one of my personal thoughts… as a girl, I want to learn Nabilah’s secrets to always having such gorgeous hair and makeup! ( ´͈ ᗨ `͈ )

As always, thank you for reading! Thank you for supporting JKT48, and I hope you’re enjoying learning more about the members! Photos are not my own and have been sourced from Imajineshon, Idolgraphy, @taufiiq_16, AganSam, and Twitter. Please check them out to see more great JKT48 photos!
    http://ojou-sammy.tumblr.com/post/111260167623/jkt48-member-profile-nabilah-ratna-ayu-azalia

Big thanks to Ojou Sammy :1st:

19. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    in Zara's thread I mentioned this word
    but the obvious mischievous
    is her

bil 2011.jpg
    early photo of Nabilah in jkt48

So far with my unfast internet konektion I find Nab follows things 48 Japan: Official NGT48, Kitahara Rie, Takamina, Sassy, Yuihan

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  20. Nabilott

Nabilott Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nabilah Ratna Ayu Azalia
    This iz from 2012. Nabilah with Ghaida, Stella and Sonya reminds the fans to watch the tv program JKT48 School

As where there’s Nabilah there will be unscripted funny thing.
    0:59 her a la photomodel pose while saying “and also with nabilah” provokes Ghaida to do so :lol: Very funny as well, Ghaida-san!