Harada Mayu / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by Reveen, Nov 2, 2015.

1. AitorBernkastel

AitorBernkastel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    The girl is culprit in a way too. They've been like that for a long time already and she's 18, not 12. She should be a bit conscious on what she does and don't audition for an idol group when purikuras like that with her teacher are around and can be spread like fire anytime. Very very very unconscious from her.

Anyways, she should receive the corresponding punishment. I think it'd be better for her and the group if she's fired.

And well, in a positive note, at least now this teacher will be fired and won't be hired in any school, no matter how much he tries. And well deserved.

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    If girls were fired for having evidence of previous relationships online we'd have 5 less Nogizaka members and four less Keyakizaka members. They're, on average, 17 years old. It happens.

It's her middle school teacher. You go to middle school from 12-15 or 13-16, not 18+.

She's currently 17, not 18. And if they celebrated that birthday together they've been together since at least she was 16 but likely since she was 15 or younger because of the middle school thing. Too young to be anything but a victim in this.

3. AitorBernkastel

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Still, her being a victim or guilty, this scandal has already provoked a damage to the group's reputation. It's not compared to any of the other scandals, it's a student with a teacher. This might be a trauma for Mayu and I don't think it'd be healthy for her to stay and keep going as an idol with those photos and news around her going around... Her family might not want that either.

4. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    That should be up to her to decide.

You can't argue she has enough agency at ~15 to be responsible enough to willingly enter a relationship with a grown adult in a position of power over her only to deny her the agency at 17 to choose whether or not to bear the difficulty of being an idol with a mark on her record.

5. AitorBernkastel

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I would understand if her family force her to do so for her own sake. And again, the girl doesn't seem to be forced to be with him?? She looks in love and happy with that man.

6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm not saying she's not happy. I'm saying she's not responsible. There are many actual crimes you could do at that age and be let off because they're juvenile. This, on top of not actually being a crime, is a very common instance and the law is always harsh on the teacher's side. For a reason.

I would understand if she decides it's not worth it but I don't think calls for her to quit will make anything easier.

7. Kyouka

Kyouka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okitaaayaka
    Isn't it too early to judge what damage was done to the group's reputation? Are there any figures to show this? Everyone always jumps to say this before there's any evidence. Iirc even Sayuringo's scandal didn't impact Nogi sales. It's possible that before they debut the issue will be forgotten by the general public.

8. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    honestly in my opinion I feel that if matsumura got to stay after banging a married man even though she claims she didn't know but that's another debate anyhow then this chick should be able to stay as well because I feel the punishment from what her fellow memebers will see her as is punishment enough so let her deal with the embarrassment for a year and let it be because her having to look at those girls knowing what she did will be more than enough to make her feel like shit

9. AitorBernkastel

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I think Matsumura's situation is compleeeeteeely different from Mayu's one.
    First of all, Mayu hasn't debuted yet and she doesn't have a huge fanbase as for now. Sayuringo is (or was) one of the most popular members that brings a lot of money to the agency, so why bothering on firing her?? Money is money after all, but for Mayu the conditions are completely different.

10. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    So agreed. Honestly so many scandals like this have happened - nothing will change, especially for Mayu.

This relationship was before she was in the group. It's not like either are doing anything really wrong, except for the fact that he's a teacher (and therefore shouldn't be going after students).

The only person to really suffer will be him. Good riddance.

Especially for something that happened before she entered the group. The only time it matters is when she's dating while in the group.

I doubt anything bad will happen to her. Look at Uemura Azusa - same thing (leaked pictures of her with a boyfriend), but now she's being gori-oshied to all hell, literally 2 months after that.

What's most disgusting about these pictures is that the likely culprit (for who leaked them) is actually the teacher. He's probably pissed for being dumped since she got into Keyaki. What an ass.

11. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Along with the difference you mentioned though, we've also got the fact that Mayu wasn't a member when her infraction occurred. Matsumura was.

12. AitorBernkastel

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Well, I wish this wouldn't happened. I personally got a good impression from Mayu in her appearance in Keyakitte Kakenai? And I think she's also very cute and has lots of possibilities. I personally don't know what'd be better for her after such a scandal... Uhm...

13. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Completely agreed. That's why management will just ignore this scandal, just like they did for all the other 46/48G girls who were confirmed in relationships before they joined their respective groups.

14. AitorBernkastel

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I see. Now I understand... If that's so, then I'm glad xDU Just hope this doesn't affect her much.

Now that you mention it, didn't Wakatsuki have an scandal before they debuted??? And the man was twice her age, if I'm not wrong. And now she's a senbatsu member :O

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yeah, Wakatsuki and a few other members too. But Wakatsuki had the most evidence.

Mizuho had pictures two, and Fuyuka had tweets mentioning relationships, but management continues to ignore them, thankfully.

16. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
    Hmmm so breaking away from the relationship talk....
    Is it just me or are a lot of the girls not smiling in their profile pictures? I understand (from another Asian girl's standpoint) that not smiling can help with making eye size larger and in some cases (or opinions) make the girl look cuter but... It doesn't leave a great impression on me.

17. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

If mayu withdraws I won't be surprised in the least, but I think the teacher is going to get a lot more hate than she is. Personally I hope she sticks it out and shows the fans that she's dedicated. Teenagers do dumb stuff.

18. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Wow, u miss a couple of pages and this happens lol~~ I don't know what to say. Like I doubt we'll ever know what the story behind their relationship is, but older men creeping on younger girls is a legit thing, so I can understand the "issue". When I was 17, I dated this 36 year old man for a short while (I'm not a girl btw lol). It's not "illegal", but it's not "Legal" where I am to be with someone under 18; u have to be at least 16 to consent, but I believe u need parental confirmation too...which I did not have lol.

So, I can't really judge her for this lol, but a lot of outsiders would definitely think this is a "gross" relationship (I know my friends thought my short relationship with that guy was gross). They should have been more private about it tho lol. I hope she stays too. I don't really see why she shouldn't tho. Her idol career has barely started lol.

19. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Who are the few other members? just curious...

20. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A lot of members. Nanase, Misa, Nanamin, Yuri, Ichiki and more. Evidence appears to be very weak though so I don't bother fact checking. Also I just don't really care. I did look at what they had on Nanase and it was nothing.