Hirate Yurina (Techi) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. eve666

eve666 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Does anyone have the video of when she was teaching hiragana members choreography with eng subs?

I'd love to know the advices fe gave and corrections. She really showed her leadership

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  2. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Wow, seriously... Techi's that tall - almost 170 cm - and she's only 16 years old, and she's still growing...

I'm guessing...175 cm at her peak or something? That's really tall for a Japanese girl. :shock:

3. cana

cana Kenkyuusei

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
  5. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Techi's new photos are something..... lol
    A new wave of girls falling is to be expceted for sure.[hehe]

I'm frankly glad she is getting a bit - I doubt that much - rest; and frankly, if she really grown so much in so little time I won't be so surprised she got that tired. Not to say is the only cause of this summer, but I won't be surprised if it contribuited to the stress, exhaustion etc...

anyway, great pictures

6. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Height growth tends to be so strangely varied, I hit 190 cm (6'3) at 15 and haven't grown since, then there is former NBA center David Robinson who was 5'9 (175 cm) in Jr High, 6'6 (198 cm) his Sr year of HS and 7'0 (213 cm) by the time he graduated from college (the navel academy).
    The only thing that is kind of true is that girls tend to stop growing earlier than boys so Hirate may be at or very close to her full height, which would make her tall for a Japanese girl, but only average height for a Dutch girl.

7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Actually a woman's skeleton stops to grow when she's around 24 years old, male's a bit later, it just slow down after the big spurt. (or else Techi would become 3m of woman lol)

I'm not surprised Techi is growing, I just find that, added to many other factors (stress, diet, overwork and so on, plus, I know, the possibility management asked her to play the part) a so fast growth in a so stressfull period can obviously affect a teenager performance and mood.
    I always have the feeling these idol girls work their asses off more than their western counterparts, but I could be wrong...

Just know I'm envying your 1,90cm right now lol my own skeleton didn't get the memo it could get a bit more taller...
    whatever :glare:[hehe]

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Fascinating and revealing. Sounds very like the Rockin On Japan interview last winter/spring: Techi is in active rebellion. She has taken Aki-P's lyrics to heart and is running with them. I honour and revere that intensity and wholeheartedness. I observe that people tend to judge idols like company employees and seek the boring and conventional virtues you'd want in an employee. But K46 wouldn't be what it is without Techi being the face and heart of the revolution. And a bit irresponsible with it, perhaps.

@eve666 -- Here's a clip of Hiraganas practicing before their first live. Techi comes in around the 4-minute mark. She's definitely teaching them the finer points: just how to move their hands, how sharp to be in each movement, etc. Sorry it's not a great video.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  9. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Like I said it depends on the person, I get my height from my mom who is 5'9 (176 cm) my dad is the same height, but she hit that height at age 13 and didn't grow anymore (as stated above my growth pattern was very similar). I'm very happy with my height tall enough to see over crowds, but not freakishly tall (at least not in the U.S. I think I would be freakishly tall in Japan).

10. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
  11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've made a blog post including several of the images from Playboy, and also a little interview from ViVi that seems to throw some light on her attitudes: she refuses to do anything that she hates. She loves Aki-P's lyrics, and is almost frightened by how well he knows what she is thinking. She is very happy when teens call in to her radio show to say how much they like the lyrics. She has no thought of popularity, and doesn't really know how she feels when she is performing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Being tall as a Japanese girl isn't really a good thing though, unless you want to become a professional model. For example, in a recent interview, Aragaki Yui (1.69m height) said that it would be good if she is 5cm shorter. Or if Im not mistake, Habu 1 said that her wish in the new year was to stop growing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Techi is simple and complex at the same time (as I guess everyone is lol) loved the interview @ukifune (like always, thank you for your work) but I always feels like she gives very mature answers and at the same time very simples ones....

14. jyunshin

jyunshin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    hirate really is cool, glad that there is her type of character in keyaki

15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

There are photos and interview in Street Jack magazine, a fashion magazine for teen boys. Techi says there that she decided to cut her hair short herself, for the first time in her life (I guess since she was little, anyway). But there was little resistance, because they had already decided to go more boyish than girlish, and had told her "cute" was not wanted. But she was still nervous when she said to cut it off.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've translated the excerpt from their major interview with Techi that Rockin' On Japan magazine has tweeted. The December issue of the magazine comes out Monday with the full interview -- which is part of a 44-page special insert on Techi.

I've written in some detail in Memi's thread about the video extra on Type C of the new single. It features Memi/Techi/Mona/Fuu-chan/Shii-chan/Mii-Pan/Mao-chan/Aoi going to a zoo and then having a barbecue. Really enjoyable. Great to see how Hirate and Mona interacted, as well as Hirate and her schoolmate Memi. I wonder how many people would faint dead away if Techi looked at them with these eyes:

[​IMG]

By the way, I just realized from the length of Techi's hair that these videos were made a while ago, maybe in early September, before they recorded KazeFuka.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Celestiana

Celestiana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Woah thank you for that translation ^^

19. Isaac H

Isaac H Member Stage48 Donor

Thanks for the translation. One part of your post jumped out for me...probably something I could relate to:
    "One thing that struck me in these excerpts was when Techi said that feeling anger in her gave her strength to perform. This is something I've noticed in myself, so it made sense to me. But if you let the anger take over, it's bad for everybody. You just have to use it and keep it at a distance. Somehow."

Interesting point. Anger can be a driving force, fueling us to go on doing whatever that needs to be done in our lives. But just as powerful & quickly as that "explosion" start, it will just fizzle out in the end. It is a finite source of energy, it will run out eventually. And drive other people away in the process. And as you've mentioned, it's bad when the anger totally overwhelm everything. It's great that Techi finally decided to reach out and asked for help.

Sorry for rambling. Just a perspective from a worn-out bitter guy in his late 30s. I can't express my thoughts well...but my hope is that Techi will be able to move forward a wiser person. With the support of fellow members...because truly, there's no shame in admitting that we can't carry everything by ourselves.

20. biboloxo

biboloxo Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Anger? About what?