Ishida Chiho (Chiho)

Discussion in 'STU48 Members' started by ithebigc, May 9, 2017.

1. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Episode 3 of Setochalle!STU48

Chihochan is really doing a great job. She's outgoing, but still professional about it. Another cute Episode at which I couldn't stop smiling while watching! <3

Unfortunately I couldn't found a recording of yesterday's Etajima Discovery Show, but Chihochan mentioned that she was quite nervous (even though she had fun) and stumbled over her words a few times. But the Show is 12 Episodes long so she'll do her best the next time. It was her first solo work so nervousness was to be expected lol She also wrote in her Mail today that she was really happy that so many fans came even though it was raining non-stop.
    DMuSOaUUMAA3vDj.jpg

I've only read positive things about Chihochan's media performance, and I think this also speaks into her viewers count in SR. Sure, this could be easily fake, but I've seen so many new faces and names in yesterday's evening stream - new fans who're buying her gifts like crazy. And speaking about SR; There's going to be an Showroom 2017 Award (with an AKB title), and even though Momoka will probably get the awars (5:30AM stream for 1 year already), it would be nice if Chihochan gets mentioned. And maybe she can get this next year lol

Ah, Chihochan also mentioned that her Goods were all sold out at the Okayama concert. She was really pleased by it and thanks everyone. I guess it helped that KadoIshiIshi were helping handing out the bought Goods after the Noon Performance lol

And to add a little more of Chihochan photos; These are the group photos from Okayama. Chihochan lookes beautiful!
    DMqw1rhV4AATGju.jpg DMqZFiUUMAAxS7N.jpg Evening.jpg Noon.jpg

2. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Chiho's 171023 0730 SR:

if the video does not show watch the video here

When I saw the thumbnail for this SR in my feeds... have to admit at first glance thought she was wearing a bridal veil at first :^^;: "Boy that's unexpectedly weird" I said to myself, and was relieved when it was just a hoodie. :lol:

3. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    We don't need no more marriage news through this way :lol:

Have some cute Chihochan photos from her mails so that your head won't play any tricks on you no more lol
    And because they're too cute to not to share :p
    27d159edb2a0672681e.jpeg 27d159edb2a0672682e.jpeg 277059edb3188d6a91e.jpeg 277059edb3188d6a92e.jpeg 277059edb3188d6a93e.jpeg

4. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ I really like how her eyes' light brown was accentuated in the IG-like pics -- her eyes are amazing. :cute::blush:

Being an old dude... I get a very strong 'niece' sense from Chiho's SRs... she does of course some acting to please her fans... but for the most part, she just acts like a normal 15-yo -- albeit, an unbelievably moe one -- and I really connect with that. Even Piyo, whose SRs I love, has more artificiality than Chiho's. Perhaps this is why Chiho's SR counts are so high... there're a lot of old dudes who agree :^^;::fp:

Is it me, or does Chiho also have a sense of being young, but yet an older sister to a very young sibling? I don't see her as a youngest sibling somehow... she's a bit more reliable than a matsujou would be, IMO. :blush::approve:

5. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    This is why I actually fell for Chihochan - because she isn't artificial. Of course there are a few scenes to please her fans, but most of the time she just acts like a normal young girl. Also I want to add that I'm not even old lol Somehow I always were leaning more towards Idols who weren't "acting" too much - but maybe that's more me being a girl myself lol

And yes, she does has an older sister vibe. But as far as we know she's actually the youngest. She only has an older brother - though we don't hear much about him. More about her parents. And even her grandmother who she's very close with <3

Etajima Discovery Show Episode 1
    http://mv.home-tv.co.jp/journeystu48/journey001.php

I loved the muffled Chiho calls from her fans behind this thick glass when she did her catchphrase [hehe]

6. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

That's probably another reason why Chiho is a bit more mature than some of her peers in 48G and elsewhere -- she has a strong connection to her grandparent.

I feel that children raised close to a grandparent, granted there's no abuse or neglect... tend to grow up more responsible and grounded, than those who only have their parents raise them. When a parent is with their own parent (by choice and cultural mores), they have a constant reminder of standards and traditions that benefits the child. :^^;: A good example is another idol -- H!P's Takahashi Ai, who despite being part of a tumultuous, scandal-ridden era in JDM idol history... emerged stable and sane. She also has a strong relationship with her grandmother. :blush:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  7. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I know who Takahashi Ai is (I'm an H!P Fan after all too), but I never knew that she was close to her grandmother. I guess I never followed her too closely ...

But if her grandmother is the source of a well-mannered Chihochan then I'm grateful to her lol
    I mean, it's not as if she isn't a real child or something, only that she behaves more adult-like when she's with other people. She's after all a kid while being with her STU members. Torochan always keeps an eye on her - it seems Chihochan has troubles getting off at the right station and stuff. And some members claimed that she's quite an airhead and likes to play around lol

But I really love her relationship with her grandmother. It seems she's also helping her with school stuff - or at least with english. And Chihochan always mentions how proud her grandparents are. They even went to the Chupi Matsuri and watched her - it was the first time Chihochan centered Setouchi no Koe. It's just funny to imagine how these two are standing next to all the Wotas [hehe]

And they went to the Poruporu Studio BEFORE Chihochan was there for the live broadcast. They then sent her photos of the studio, telling her they visited her workplace lol

8. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

My impression re: Chihochan is... she's outgoing w/ friends, but at least knows the social mores with adults that're gonna be so important later on, by heart -- when you're raised with grandparents from a less-forgiving generation, even their kid gloves with a grandchild are going to be more strict than their parents (most often, unintentionally or when they think the child isn't watching). I've seen this happen quite a bit IRL while in the military. ;)

SR is interesting, as we get to see far more of an idol's personality than even backstage TV docus will show... which can work for or against them. With Chiho I think she's playful enough yet grounded enough to inhabit that sweet spot with most fans... and that's apparently, more rare than expected. :^^;:

Chiho's 171024 0730 SR:

9. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I guess with her Mainichi Idol status for 188 (?) days she's also able to draw in some people who're more interested into showroom than into Idols, so we probably won't see much difference for her handshakes. But she catched up with the room levels of Team 8's Hidaritomo Ayaka and Nagano Serika. I wonder if she'll be able to pass them this week, since she won't do an evening stream again. She mentioned that she's quite busy with lessons. That's the downside of an busy Chihochan ... but I much rather it like this, than if she wouldn't have anything to do at all and would be online the whole time lol

She was also quite energetic today. Wasn't talking a lot more than usual, but she sung quite a bit. Loved when she sang "Kuma Kuma" and then got into the melody of "Heigh-Ho" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and suddenly stopped and was like; "Oh!" ...
    Though I now wonder if they aren't allowed to sing any Disney songs because she already sung "How Far I'll Go" from Moana, and "Do you want to build a Snowman?" from Frozen.

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

LOL yeah I caught that 'Heigh-Ho' slip-up too :^^;: She probably got a warning from her mgr after the second time...

Being 22nd of all 48G idols -- only six away from its senbatsu -- is amazing. The only other members I follow on SR are Yumirin, Gatanee, Ogiyuka, Ayumin, and Piyo... and the only one of those I watch consistently are Yumi and Gatanee; the rest after a few months of this, usually can't hold my interest for a whole hour and whatnot. So Chiho's doing a lot right that isn't necessarily in the content of what's said... but how she says it.

Looking at the rankings though... the top two (Momoka and Rika, of course) are waaay ahead of 3rd place... which is a mystery to me, as for various reasons I can't watch either of them. So to me it's even stranger that I can watch all of Chiho's posts and not also get bored. I can watch some Piyo SRs... but she isn't consistent enough IMO to appeal outside a niche audience... so being almost 100 levels below Chiho makes sense.

SR is kind of a weird place, I guess... but then so is idol fandom :confused::^^;: I'm glad Chiho's navigating SR skillfully so early! :1st:

11. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Rika and Momoka had some advantages using SR. It was quite new for AKB for daily use, and Rika was the first one using her fishing technique via SR, which drew a lot of fans in. And Momoka was the first one who started the daily SR usage. Maybe the SR hype toned down, but they were able to catch the attention while it was still going strong. And those viewers/fans won't abandon them so easily lol
    The only chance Chihochan has in getting to 1st place, is when both of them graduated. Or lose interest in SR completely. Which I don't see happening. But I hope she'll be able to claim the 3rd place some day in the future. Just to stand there with the other Top 2 SR's.

But speaking about Chihochan being busy, we got some new Eevnts for her.

11/26
    Hiroshima Satoyama Mirai Expo 2017
    http://www.stu48.com/news/detail/692

10/29
    Poru Festa 2017
    She'll probably present at two stages this day. The STU48 stage, and the STU48 Etajima Show stage.
    http://home-tv.co.jp/polfes2017/stage.php#stu48_etajima
    http://home-tv.co.jp/polfes2017/stage.php#stu48
    http://home-tv.co.jp/polfes2017/index.php
    https://twitter.com/STU48_official_/status/922715318165708800

12. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    for the first two, most of the difference was made in the SSK event - 1 level is 100k points so Momoka and Rika made 662 and 513 levels respectively, in 3 weeks - just those 3 weeks alone would almost put them at 2nd and 3rd place in the room level ranking! Chiho took respectable 18th place with "36 levels" but MomoRikaShiori were a different scale altogether from the rest (and from each other).

But also they were a different scale of total time streamed so it's kinda hard to make much of it, in the end your "popularity" is just a multiplier with time being the hard number you put in. And Chiho is ofc very restricted time-wise.

13. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    I just want to mention that I'm still pissed at how close but still far away Chihochan (and especially Yumirin) was in getting into the Senbatsu :glare:

14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Chiho's 171025 0730 SR:

15. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
  16. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Chiho's 171026 0730 SR:

Chihochan looks sporty today! And she got her bangs to behave again. With a hairpin! :blush:

The better half thinks Chiho'll get a break after her idol career as an actress, either movie or TV... I'm writing that one down, because as soon as she said it... it made total sense. I asked if she thought she could also have a theatre acting career... but that didn't seem to elicit as strong a feeling as media acting, apparently. We'll see!

She does look a bit tired... as teens need much more sleep than adults, even into their late teens... but then again, when you're 15 you can fall off a building and heal up like it's nothing lol

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    If she's able to star in a proper musical/stageplay she might come to like them too. She never did one before, so ...
    Though for the international fans it wwould be easier to follow her later work if she stays in the media world (TV, movie, etc) :^^;:

In case someone doesn't follow the 50th Single thread; Chihochan did sell out a slot, even after resale. <3
    DM-ZnqKV4AAzL8I.jpg
    The first HS date in the new year. What a nice start for her~

18. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

171027 0700 SR:

Bosa-bosa! [hehe]:blush:

19. May48

May48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Ishida Chiho
    Twitter:
    May2906
    Oh, there's a 20% probability that she'll be online this evening too :lol:
    And tomorrow her stream might be even earlier than today. We should check her timetable~

Also in yesterday's mail, Chihochan sent us a proof that she really likes to sit in the locker (it seems she likes narrow places?)
    02.jpeg
    She talked about it on yesterday's showroom and promised to show us a photo someday lol

And because everyone loves her hoodie ... Akanbe :p
    ... in a cute way, I guess lol
    04.jpeg

20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

She did do an 0500 one not long ago... which she seemed tired in, but no more than any other AM Chi-housou :^^;:

That's kinda like H!P's Kamei Eri during her 'kenshuusei' days way back when... except Chiho does it for fun rather than stress relief. Eri used to slip between cabinets barely bigger than her body, which calmed her before performances.

That makes me think she may be an aspie. I used to love to be under layers of pillows and heavy blankets and in all manner of very cramped spaces as a kid -- and I'm diagnosed. Could be Chiho may have a high-functioning case... but seeing as she has zero problems with social interaction -- she's a seasoned dancer and idol after all -- no need to look further.