Kato Minami (Katomina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NGT48 Graduated Members' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 8, 2015.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    In Seishun Dokei she was only behind Rika and OgiYuka (not counting Hinata, Gatanee n Yukirin who have less slots) and in the AKB single she was one of the first to sell out.

I have not seen her showroom cuz I don't understand Japanese but she always seems so goofy and energetic on stage. Does that energy not get translated to other things like showroom or variety? :( Did the Wrestling show not help at all?

Could it be because Japanese don't like strong, positive girls with toned limbs? I find it annoying sometimes that males tend to prefer weak, vulnerable and fragile girls (well done Rika, Moeka and young Sasshi haha).

Sorry about the rant cuz I'm just so frustrated the only girl I voted for this SSK didn't rank higher. Well the positive side is, despite the big gap in ranks, KatoMina's votes number was not that much behind Rika and Moeka's. 15 - 20k is not something you can't overcome in a year.

I really hope KatoMina stays in the front of NGT and ranks in top 3 next year <3

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
  4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Can't wait to see her acrobat the crap out of Ma JiaLing(?) (i think that's her opponent?)

Kinda bummed we couldn't get to see her beat the crap out of Rika irl. If that happens i wonder if Katomina will lose her cool and f*ck Rika up till she's almost dead lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
  6. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I honestly think Katomina is really amazingly pretty, and most of my favourite members have been muscular/strong girls (Akimoto Sayaka and Tano Yuka are my favourites along Katomina), and they have always been less popular. If you look back at the times when Akimoto was still in AKB, she did rank as a senbatsu but she was also Team Captain, which meant she was very visible. I'm not sure she would have been popular otherwise but I do love her <3 And same with Tanochan, she didn't even rank this year and last year she was #99. Being strong isn't what an idol is typically about because you want to root for your idol, you want to watch over her. Those girls don't seem to need it, so maybe thats why

8. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Akimoto Sayaka is a great comparison. She was good at singing, dancing, stood out in variety, beautiful (although subjective) and captain of one of the 3 major teams and only ranked in lower senbatsu/dropped to undergirls. So Katomina has to cry constantly or show vulnerability to get votes? But what about Yamamoto Sayaka? She seems pretty strong and doesn't need any man to protect her?

Sorry for the rants I'm a little bit triggered cuz I was kinda subjected to this male tendency in the past, some even went as far preferring girls with trauma/issues *roll eyes* I thought it was quite sick. I came to terms with it now but still find it annoying from times to times, like this time when the girl I voted for was undeservingly unsuccessful because of it haha

9. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I think Sayanee is more of an honour student character than the strong girl. She's known for knowing a lot of things that are not necessarily related to idol business, such as being good at school, studying hard, learning new instruments.
    Especially with the short hair she reminds me of Okada Nana, who is known as a very diligent person as well; her serious character is very pronounced everywhere, in her speeches, her performances, even in variety (if you watch back Naachan's AKBingo episodes, they even made a special about how polite and serious she is).

I agree with you however, that it is sad that these girls don't get as much recognition as vulnerable idols. I think it's just most men's instinct to want to watch over girls and protect them. I wouldn't want to change who the girls are though, I love that they are strong and empowering and hopefully inspiring some young girls that are AKB/NGT fans.

And about only voting for one girl and not seeing her succeed - I feel you. This year I voted for Tano Yuka 'cause she is the only one of my favourites where I was worried she wouldn't rank, and she didn't. It makes me frustrated to see that the only girl I voted for didn't make it in.

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

14. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Katomina is featured in the latest Over The Top (5:21 to 6:03)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Was wondering what she said?

15. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    can anyone tell me on which tofu pro wrestling episode i can see Katomina wrestle?? thanks in advance!!!

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Katomina Showroom (17/07/01)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Katomina Photolog: https://twitter.com/NGT48_info_bot/status/881131959350472705
    [​IMG]

She wrestled twice (3 times if you count the time where they showed it for a second there as Yuria was watching taping of Dasu wrestling Katomina).

First Time in Episode 9 (Her, Nakai, and Yamada vs. Mion, Renacchi, and Nao)
    2nd Time in Episode 14 (Yuria was watching a tape of Dasu vs. Katomina, only shown for a second though)
    3rd Time in Episode 15 (Her vs. Yumoto)

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  18. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    • Like Like x 1
  19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm really happy about all the opportunities she got with this stage. She had a lot of speech time during the MCs as well; although I don't speak Japanese well, it just gave me an excuse to look at her face and hear her voice hehe

Gesuna Yume is also a nice song. Not my favourite from all the units, but it's great and I'm very excited for her in general ^^

20. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    i'm really happy she still gets to be global center!!!(well, global WCenter with Moeka)

her unit is awesome!!! i never thought both her and noepii would get a cool song lol