Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Well, that's a strange coincedence, we were talking here about Snack Kissa Eden recently .... then this happens:

https://twitter.com/chan__31/status/935128419074895872

As if she's reading our thread ... (which for sure she isn't :D, but just in case: Hi Miichan! ;) )

edit: fixed a typo

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

You are underestimating the Stage48 visibility. . . :fear:

:lol:

3. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    nah, we're nary a blip on the radar ... and I hope AKB members have been advised not to read internet fora about themselves .. because they can be brutal :/

4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    When you google any member outside of Japan, stage48 is the first result almost every single time... I’m positive the site is in AKS’s radar, it’s pretty much the most important international fansite of 48G and its related acts and I don’t think any site in or outside Japan has been nearly as throrough in documenting the whole organization than this one. I wouldn’t be surprised that at least a few girls have heard about it before, and vanity googlers would also look for themselves online, even if they can’t read the website...

It doesn’t mean that they care about what we say, but they know we are out there and that’s actually pretty big.

I’d reckon Miichan is aware of just how massively beloved (and talked about) she is outside Japan... her story is polarizing so while many might dislike her for her epic breakdown so many stand behind her and believe she deserved a better treatment, or that maybe she wouldn’t have gone that far if she was allowed to cool down. She strikes me as a damsel figure, an underdog who is easy to relate to, she’s human and imperfect and that’s why you root for her. in Latin America she’s always at the top of popular members IF she’s not listed as the most beloved, and her waltz with international press is difficult to forget... so I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s one of thise vanity googlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    About google outside Japan: search for 峯岸みなみ in the US and you won’t find Stage48 anywhere near the top. On my iPad I get google’s own results in English then Japanese results, like Wikipedia Japan, her twitter, and 48pedia (and of course her shaved head video).

6. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Euh, I really suspect most people in Western Europe and the Americas will google for 'Minami Minegishi" or "Minegishi Minami" because most of us can't read Kanji, Hiragana or Katakana.
    In that case @Ashitaba is correct, this is what my google search yielded (otoh, it might be seriously skewed as google for sure knows my search habits :/):
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 01.26.17.png
    and yeah, a lot of really uninformed drivel about the incident are near the top of that list :/
    (otoh, that's a given for American media when talking about stuff in foreign countries, not just Japan)

If I do search on 峯岸みなみ, then wiki48 is nowhere near the top indeed, then I get this:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 01.48.56.png

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I wonder how someone in Russia, Thailand, India or any other country that doesn’t use Roman letters to write would search for her.

I have a Hiragana keyboard on my computer, not because I can read most Kanji, but so I can type 島崎遥香 when I want to find Paruru news (and use Chrome or google translate to give me a rough idea of the content).

You don’t even need a keyboard, just copy the name from the wiki; that’s what I did for Miichan.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    portably by using their transliteration ;)
    I just used the other language link in Wikipedia:
    Cyrillic: Минэгиси, Минами
    Thai(?): Մինամի Մինեգիսի
    Hanguel: 미네기시 미나미
    Chinese(?): 峯岸南

Yeah, I know, but google translate or Bing translate => word salad
    Just ran a article about Miichan and Lili Franky through google translate, couldn't make heads or tails of it, for starters Google translate can't infer the gender from Japanes, so they refer to Miichan as 'he', which makes it almost impossible to determine who said what ...
    it was something about advice about wat underwear to wear... but if it was Lili Franky advising Miichan or the other way around ... :)
    (I guess it was the first :), the other way round would be really weird :D)
    And I think he advised her to stay in AKB until she was 30 .... that should ruffle a few feathers around here for sure :D

9. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Once again blessed by Saint Wikipedia patron of everything :worthy:

And YES, outside of Japan people are way likelier to look for Miichan as "Minami Minegishi" than "峯岸みなみ", hence why this site is off the results when Japanese people would look for her. Still, it would be easy to imagine that a higher up is aware of which sites exist, specially the record company which would want to track down illegal streamings and such. The rule of no streaming links is enforced pretty much so the TV stations or the record company don't take this pupper down.

10. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    for Japanese, you just need to install Window's IME- Japanese input, switch to Japanese keyboard and then type it like how you type in romanji ;)
    anyway, I'm pretty sure Miichan often checks/ reads her Japanese fan's forum but I don't know do her English good enough to read stage48 [hehe]

11. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    As I've mentioned before on this thread, when I walked into her booth at the 2-shot event I attended earlier this year, as she saw me her face immediately turned rather sour and I felt sure she could well have been thinking "not another western gaijin who just knows me from my shaved head photo". However I quickly greeted her with "Konichiwa Miichan!" and her mood went straight back up again so I think I proved I was a genuine fan. From that I'd guess she's aware of how she's viewed abroad but hopefully I showed that she is indeed beloved.

12. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I've been to Japan twice now, and the level of English is not as bad as people make out .... but, it's still pretty abysmal, and that's not to knock Japanese people, it's just really difficult coming from a non Germanic language, from what I've seen from Miichan, it's best to quote her: 'Kid's English Please!"
    She made a real effort though, and that counts. (and the result was pretty hilarious, one word: slave ... nuff said :D )

On another and completely unrelated note, I just saw episode 11 of Renai Sousenkyo, somebody at AKS management must have a wicked/warped sense of humour :D .... Monty Python's 'sit on my face and tell me that you love me" as background music? really? :D
    And they didn't even fade out the music when the singing started :D

Btw: Miichan and Yukirin got an 'inordinate' amount of screen time during the MAMA, not that I'm complaining, I just was a bit surprised at it, but as it's a K-Pop thing maybe the tv director decided to highlight the better know members (in Korea) ... I'm just guessing.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  13. Crystelle

Crystelle Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Izuta Rina, Ida Reona
    About stage48, I know that some of the JKT48 members use studio48, so maybe akb48 members use it too. And when I searched for Miichan the first time, stage48 was the second linked that came up right after wikipedia.

I loved Miichan in the MAMA-performance. She looked amazing. I really like her hairstyle. One of my friends who is in to Kpop liked her the most of all girls in the peformance, she said that Miichan looks fierce.

14. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I would say it looked like Miichan had a ball, she seemed to be really, really enjoying it and that's good to see.
    Furthermore, it must be said, amazing costumes, made the K-Pop girls look a bit underdressed.

ow, and the price for most annoying song of 2017 must go to 'pick me up' :)
    I only became bearable when AKB-48 rose to the occasion ;)
    (and .. it's an ear worm... I now have it in my head ... grrr ... )

15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    You are doing God's work here, David :cute: Please keep visiting her if you can

16. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Miichan really slayed in 'Pick me' didn't she. Loved every second.

17. celyn

celyn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miichan
    I agree. It also didn't hurt that she looked pretty and she looked like she was enjoying herself onstage (like all the AKB48 girls).
    Also, did you guys notice that she briefly made the trendy Korean heart sign during Heavy Rotation?

18. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    probably seen by most of you, but it was new to me ... 2008(?) ... so Miichan was 15 or 16 in this, and as adorkable as ever :)

if the video does not show watch the video here

19. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    She's the most adorable as ever!!

20. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, but my favorite moment is still in this one...

if the video does not show watch the video here
    She doesn't have a lot of screen time, but it's worth the wait. In fact, this PV is an overdose of sweetness because all the members look...:cute:
    PS: Btw, in that PV she already began to be the senpai of the other members... ;)