Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    I don't think she wants that, I'm not knocking on Indonesia, but there's of course a huge cultural difference between Japan and Indonesia.
    I even doubt she would want to try and break into Korea. She's been working on her network in the entertainment industry in Japan and she must have loads of contacts there, I see no real reason to abandon all that for a new start in a foreign country.
    (and if she wanted that ... she should migrate to Amsterdam ;) )

and no matter how you look at it, the fact is she's in the autumn of her 'pure idol' career, she should enjoy the time there is left (be it one, two, three or more years) and prepare for the time after.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I don't think there's a single reason why Miichan should move to JKT or any SG for that matter. She's more than established in Japan, and even as a legendary Senior JKT has already its own fanbase and favorites. Someone like Chikariina who never got a fair chance to stand out at home can and will get a second air from JKT, whereas Miichan's level of local success makes any potential transfer extremely risky.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I’m sorry for the utterly embarrassing Indonesian.

4. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

@Ashitaba So, do you think if Miichan is transferred will be ended like Akicha or more than that ? ._.
    @honeyNUT Eh ? I beg your pardon, Is it false in your mind ? I'm sorry for all...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  5. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Who's Akicha and what happened to her?

And why on earth do you think Miichan would be moved to JKT? She's been in AKB48 for almost 13 years now, it wouldn't make sense for them to move her to a sister group, let alone a foreign sister group. She's well established in Japan.

6. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    takajo aki

she's not as successful as harugon in jkt48

probably just some baseless obsession without proper reasoning

7. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Basically.... yes ;;; We're already seeing it in the group. Any transfer would only hurt her career prospects in Japan, since she has a good amount of gigs and contacts over there and a stable career. She would be pretty much starting from zero if she had to live in Jakarta as an idol and learn a new language to thrive, even with her legacy. She benefits more from having Japan as her homebase, specially since she's been transitioning from idol to entertainer for a while.

As for the English, I'm not bothered at all :) Many of us don't have English as our first language and as long as someone is making an effort there is no reason to reprimand anyone for doing their best.

8. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    For people criticising other people's grasp of English there is just one reply .... so, how well is your Dutch, French, German or Bahasa Indonesia?
    with regards to the latter, my father speaks it because he was sent there after the war as a conscript and made an effort to learn it.
    The few words I know are 'Trima Kassi' (thank you), 'Orang Belanda' (white or dutch man) atjeng (dog) and some words regarding food, as indonesian food is pretty well known here, babi (pig) ajam (chicken) pisang (banana) :)

and I think boesoek means bad (and yeah, nowadays you would spell it busuk it think)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Miichan Senbatsu next year. I'll bet all my Stage48 points on it

• Like Like x 1
  10. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Now there's a bold statement if I ever heard one :/

If Miichan had ranked in the low twenties ... I might hold out my hopes on that .... but rebounding from 32 ... I don't really see it happening unless she gets much more AKB related exposure in the months running up to the sousenkyo
    because thats' what was lacking this year of course ... not being able to participate in the request hour, not being included in the last single ... which had probably to do with her acting job in the drei grosschen oper, that will not have helped.
    And yeah she started a SHOWROOM offensive, but that was pretty late in the game, I don;t think that generated many extra votes (it did show that there were key AKB/ex-AKB members supporting her)

I must add ... I think in the long run her part in the drei grosschen oper is more important than the sousenkyo, that could bring other long term opportunities.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Absolutely but I don't mind being wrong lol. My intuition tells me she wants to leave at the best time and 2020 with the Olympics seems like a good time to announce and then she can have her concert the following year, but she's probably savvy enough to know AKS are going to want very particular girls in the 2020 year so 2019 I think will be the year we'll see her make a big effort toward it. Then announce in 2020 and leave early 2021. Probably all wrong though lol.
    I think you and most Miichan fans can agree though that she's above the ranking thing by now anyways. Just a goal at this point.
    The acting job was definitely better in the long run and if she gets more opportunities like that I hope she doesn't hesitate because they're more important, as you said.

It boggles my mind she isn't given more support as the only remaining 1st gen and the most experienced member of the whole organization.

12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    They are effectively nonexistant :D That's my point, speaking more than one language is commendable enough even if you don't dominate it. I see it a lot, when Indonesian fans post in english-speakign forums, that they are bullied a lot for their grasp on English, and I just want to egg the house of every single person who does it because they are doing nothing but their best while the people who criticize them are probably speaking their native language at that moment >___< For the record, English isn't my first either

13. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    In the end it boils down to this ... 48 Group is a business .. and they will go where the money is.
    And however much they may, or may not, personally like Miichan, it might be optimistic to assume a Miichan graduation concert will fill Tokyo Dome.
    otoh ... you might discard you first gens when there are still plenty left ... but it would be kinda honour less to not acknowledge the last man standing.

more even, as Indonesian or Japanese is so completely different in structure from Germanic languages and unlike the Philippines English is not widely spoken I think (but then again the Philippines were an American colony)
    (the Dutch never really bothered to try to get everyone to speak Dutch (or convert them to Christianity) )

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Arigatou means Thank You

Arigatou means Thank You Kenkyuusei

Well, thanks for the answer ._.
    I think, if she transferred, that'll be better at least as Chikariina ._.

I'm thinking about Myao and Shiichan for new Kaigai ._.

15. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    • Like Like x 2
  16. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I have the feeling they won't send anymore members overseas unless the group is fairly new. Iirc, the last time they sent someone to JKT was for the big Tokyo Dome Shuffle during Acchan's graduation concert in 2012. And after that we only had members transferred to BNK (Izurina, when the group was established, and Abe Maria when TPE was established). The next Kaigwai will probably be for MNL and MUM, but I doubt another JKT one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Apart from that, I'm pretty sure JKT has developed it's own dynamic and has it own senpai.
    It's ok for an AKB senior member like Sae to go to for instance SNH and say "This is how we do things in AKB ... and that's how we are going to do it here!", but I think it's a completely different thing to send senpai like Miichan or Shiichan to groups that are already established, with their own 1st gens.
    There's a distinct possibility of tension and conflict, other countries don't have the senpai-kouhai thing ingrained in their culture, if Miichan would be part of say AMS48 ... well, Dutch people are taught we are all equal and everyone has as valid an opinion as anyone else and we have to get to an agreement.
    That would drive Japanese people up te wall
    (to be honest, that can be pretty annoying/tyring if someone without solid experience/knowlegde thinks his idea is just as valid as mine, me having much more experience and knowledge .... and yeah, that happens ... and no, people will not think it ok if I tell that someone to just shut up, I have to convince the other of the validity of my idea (sometimes several times over) )

But the bottom line for members like Shiichan or Miichan is, what is in it for me, what will this do for my career?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Modelpress has published an article today with an interview with Miichan post-SSK:

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1774280

As usual Google is not really giving me a reliable translation but hopefully the Japanese speakers here can make better sense of it!

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. dutchie

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.18.33-3.png Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.19.41.png Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 10.18.49.png
    some nice pics in that article ...

And from what I gathered (yup, google translate) Miichan isn't too heartbroken about her ranking, because as she states yeah the number of people supporting her may have decreased but she's getting little by little into tv (in think it's more than just little, but ok)
    She also mentioned the prelims where she was the only one that didn't rank (of the people appearing in the announcement broadcast) and she thought maybe people would be sorry for her "poor thing" and it made her think about her ambitions in the election (to rank in senbatsu?)
    All in all, I think Miichan, like many of us, wasn't all that surprised by the drop, although we all ('we' being Miichan's fans) wanted it to turn out otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I wouldn't fault her for being frustrated... but she's taking it with logic and composure :) Keep aiming for the bigger leagues, Miichan!

• Like Like x 1