MUB48 & DEL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Great! I'll watch it later! Thanks so much!

3. onego123

onego123 Member

Was looking at the MUM website today, and noticed that the age limit has changed. it went from 12-20 to 13-19. Also condition 3 in the Terms and Conditions is kinda confusing to me. "After the selection, the selected applicants will be provided intensive training and depending on the outcomes, the candidates would be enrolled as regular members/adhoc members/trainees etc. as per the company policy."
    What do they mean by "adhoc members"?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  4. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Since adhoc means "for a specific purpose", my guess is that they will be trained to be members specifically for the 48G and that it doesn't mean they'll necessarily be trained to do anything else (for example, become a professional singer or actress)

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Ad hoc can also be an adjective describing the temporary, provisional, or improvised methods to deal with a particular problem"

So another way to read it is that you have regular members, temporary members needed for specific purposes, and trainees, all for MUM48. Ad hocs are more advanced than trainees, but not quite up to regular standards. Of course, to really understand we need an Indian who understands Indian English, and I am not one.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think it's just the MUM management not being sure about their English and just writing whatever.
    Those who pass the audition will be members, that's it. It doesn't make sense to have members for X thing and others for Y.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TNAmarkFromIndia

TNAmarkFromIndia Kenkyuusei

"Ad hoc" isn't really an Indian English word lol. As far as I know, it means something temporary, so regular members will probably be more invested into by the management than the temporary members, and trainees are probably those who are not yet ready for the group. I'm just guessing though. I don't know how it all works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. akboa96

akboa96 Kenkyuusei

Yep in India ad hoc is used very commonly for meaning something like being hired on a temporary basis. I don’t think they’re unsure about their English, they’re simply saying they may also select temporary members, which could mean anything.
    From what I know of my professors who are working at my department on ad hoc basis, they apparently have to submit an application every month (or maybe some other specific period of time, I don’t quite remember) saying they want to continue working their job so it’s something like their contract could be terminated at any point of time I think, as soon as the purpose they were hired for is done with.

• Informative Informative x 4
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

So like Baito AKB?
    Unless they mean KKS, they'll have less work until they're promoted or something.

10. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I think they just mean trainee but haven't decided on what they are going to officially call them yet. Ad hoc means something done or created as and when you need it, rather than always being there ready to be used. For example, in the British Parliament we have ad hoc committees and Standing committees. Ad hoc Committees are thrown together for specific purposes and then disbanded when they have accomplished their goal (eg. a committee for the 2012 London Olympics). I feel like they might be referring to trainees acting as understudies for full members, staying in the background most of the time, but stepping up when they are needed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I just noticed that they removed the deadline thing from the official site. Maybe they want to extend the application period?

12. Erald

Erald Kenkyuusei

They release the new animations of the logo in Istagram. I like it. I think mum management is promissing, better than jkt managemment at the early year. So many people love bollywood in here (Indonesia). I hope mum also get their popularity in here.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Someone commented about that.

"I just hope no one sees their logo and think of them as 48-y/o. moms."

Haven't he heard of Sushmita Sen?

15. onego123

onego123 Member

She's saying one thing, but the website still says 13-19. If they change it for a 3rd time that's a ridiculously small group to pick from. Having some members that aren't minors, and 1 or 2 years away from adulthood would be a much bigger benefit because they would be able to work more compared to this range.

16. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I agree, though I guess it kinda makes sense if they prefer 12-16 year olds a bit more as many 17-19 year olds are busy with school and preparing for/taking college entrance exams. But hopefully, they won't change the age range (if anything, they should raise the upper age limit to about 22).

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  17. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    In theory, they could still leave the application range as 13-19 but don't accept anyone older than 16

18. Koxified

Koxified Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    maybe accepting some in their early 20's could be viable too?

AKB48 have a few in their 20's still going strong

19. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I personally agree, but I see how they don't wanna go down that road. The younger the girls are the more you can still train them and lead them in a certain direction. As someone who's just turned 21 herself, I feel like there is only so much that I can improve about my physical abilities. If I had started taking dancing and singing lessons about 5-8 years ago, I would surely master it a lot quicker than if I started now. By taking in younger girls (although not too young) they need to invest less money for quicker results

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. NoxDWN

NoxDWN Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    NoxDWN
    I have a question which I hope won't sound rude at all but is the caste system still a thing in India ? I know that the law banish discriminations based on caste but is it respected or is the problem still present ?
    If yes do you think it can affect the group & the girls in any way ? :( I don't want the girls to be treated badly for belonging to Untouchables...
    I'm really sorry if what I posted is dumb but I literally know nothing about India & want to know more ;;

• Like Like x 1