Stage Murayama Yuiri's [Let's Go Kenkyuusei! 16th Gen Stage] (2017/07/28 - 2018/07/07)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by wlerin, Jul 9, 2017.

1. firecoral

firecoral Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion
    I liked this stage a lot. I liked that the setlist was full of fast-paced, energetic, lesser-known songs. I liked that it felt raw, like they have a goal to work up to.

But even though I liked the fast-paced setlist, it might have been a good idea to give the girls a break in the team songs. Everyone looked completely wiped by the middle of Akogare no Popstar, and around that time was when the out-of-syncness got noticeable to me. I was impressed by Kaisoku to Doutai Shiryoku, and you can get away with a bit of chaos in Minnasan mo Goissho ni, but unless you're going for full chaos all the time, it might not be best to have the performers running and jumping around for four songs in a row. Sono Ase wa Uso wo Tsukanai was all over the place. Even full members get tired out after that much dancing (see: Dance Senbatsu Stage), and the kenkyuusei have a lot less experience.

I hate to admit it because I like the song a lot, but Ai no Iro was a low point, especially in between Cross and Migiashi Evidence. Manaka did a great job! The other five...less so. I think with practice they can get the dancing down, but I would have preferred anyone other than Orin Sakipon* as center because her singing skills are a bit lacking. I liked the other song choices, with special mention going to Wagamama na Nagareboshi for highlighting Kururun's cuteness and Kaori's surprisingly high voice.

*edit 8/20/2017: Rewatching it again. Seems I got Orin and Sakipon confused because at least in Ai no Iro Sakipon looked like Tomu & couldn't sing... Whoops

The finale goes right back into super high energy dancing. I think they need a break. For me, the opening felt like four distinct songs, while the ending felt like songs blurred together.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Just announced (via Yuiri's Twitter), Let's Go Kenkyuusei will be performed at SKE48 and NGT48's theaters:

SKE48 Theater: 08/19 (Sat), 08/20 (Sun)
    NGT48 Theater: 08/22 (Tue), 08/23 (Wed)

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12299555213.html

SKE48劇場
    【日時】
    2017年8月19日(土) 14:00/18:00 ※2回公演
    2017年8月20日(日) 13:00/17:00 ※2回公演

NGT48劇場
    【日時】
    2017年8月22日(火) 14:00/18:30 ※2回公演
    2017年8月23日(水) 12:30/17:00 ※2回公演

Basically a total of 8 performances. 2 each day.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Thursday's Performance will be Umemoto Izumi's first, which also means they will have 16 members.

2017-08-17 (Thursday) Murayama Yuiri's "Let's Go Kenkyuusei"
    18:30
    Asai Nanami, Inagaki Kaori, Umemoto Izumi, Kurosu Haruka, Sato Minami, Shoji Nagisa, Suzuki Kurumi, Taguchi Manaka, Taya Misaki, Nagatomo Ayami, Maeda Ayaka, Michieda Saki, Muto Orin, Yasuda Kana, Yamauchi Mizuki, Yamane Suzuha

5. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    2017-08-18_22-44-37.jpg

This confused me because of it was on the NGT48 section of DMM but the background didn't match the NGT48 Stage.

6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    No debut for honma Mai yet. Harima popped up in the aoki stage as a back dancer for kanojo. I'm hopeful that honma can debut with migiashi evidence.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

7. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    Just watched the performance on DMM yesterday evening. No NGT48 participation unlike the HKT48 performances last year.

The LED screen was left unutilised or not taken advantage of.

The girls are tired even before MC1. They are all out of breath during MC.

Edit :
    Maybe I am more used to watching NGT48's more gracefully paced dance sequences. An energetic dance sequence song is normally followed by a less energetic song.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Was it just me or was yesterday's evening performance at NGT's theater sung completely live from units onwards? It sounded like the backing vocal track was turned down low or muted completely.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It wasn't just you, it actually sounded to me like the vocal track was muted from Akogare no Popstar onwards. Zunchan seemed a bit surprised when her solo came out live and was pretty out of tune. Overall it was pretty decent in AKB terms (not to damn with faint praise), I must have watched this stage half a dozen times because the live aspect made it more real and enjoyable tbh.

It sounded to me like a few of the girls were more confident and sang louder than the others, Zukki, Taya Misaki, Kurumi, Shoji Nagisa, Asai Nanami in particular. Zukki's solo was nice, it sounded better without all that annoying flanging on the vocals. Taya Misaki was my mvp for the performance, whilst she wasn't the best singer (zukki of course), it was the lack of fear in her eyes and her conviction that caught my eye.

10. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Yeah they need to do some stamina training lol

11. Arinko

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    They should jump rope for a minute at the start of the day's practice like NGT48's to build stamina.

12. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Do we know what unit umemoto izumi performs in. I wasn't able to watch the full show last night.

13. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

She does Kanpeki Guu no ne in the position formerly done by Taguchi Manaka.

14. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    She performed in Kanpeki guu no ne, possibly in the same position as Taguchi Manaka, who performed in two units during the Shonichi. Although that can't be the whole explanation as another girl has also been added since.

15. KingIdols

KingIdols Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    16th Gen Oshi
    Honma Mai will finally debut during the 09/29/2017 Performance!

16. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  18. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Harima namami is performing in today's stages. Someone said she performed before but afaik this is her first full perf of this stage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    I can't speak for the fullness of her performances, but she performed on 2017-09-13 (her seitansai), 09-27, 10-04, and 10-13. The only member who hasn't fully debuted is Honma Mai, who just performed a couple songs for her birthday stage.

Nanami's been alternating with Izumin.

20. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I haven't been able to watch a lot of performances lately, but I don't see Manaka doing Kanpeki Guu no ne anymore :( Is she still the regular for that song or was she just subbing in before?