Single Nogizaka46 16th (Sayonara no Imi) (2016/11/09)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 30, 2016.

1. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

With Nanamin leaving, I think she'll stay in front for a while but I hope Misa also makes it in front next single
    It's nice and I like songs that have emotion but it's also hard to gauge how well the single (and center) really did without the sentimental value. Well maybe it's just me, but I'd choose to be swayed by sheer beauty of a song rather than because there is a certain kind of sentiment attached to it. I don't know if that makes any sense :^^;:
    I believe those solo songs are considered their graduation songs. MaiMai's Tsuyogaru Tsubomi and this coming Nanamin solo. Same with prominent AKB members. But I get what you mean, it does feel like the title single is the graduation song.

2. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    i am not a good translator(not that level yet anyway), will wait for someone who can do it well.
    just putting out few points in the interview. feel free to correct or add.
    - since a long time ago around AKB48's flying get , she always thought that idols would one day graduate. the real thought came around last year.
    - one of the things that made her think was a letter from her mum, to take things easy and do the things she wants to
    - she told other members about her decision around the time the singles senbatsu was announced
    - she will 'retire' from entertainment and become a normal lady
    - wants to be able to converse in English more , and would like to travel abroad herself as she is person who likes to do things independently
    - may take a secretary test(need someone to confirm, think so)
    - after graduation, she's not thinking or rather not intentionally thinking about a love life yet. however, she hopes to get married around the age of 30.
    - her type ? interested parties(will put it in japanese here,lol. don't want to misintepret her lol) : 言葉の使い方が汚くない人が好きです。言葉が柔らかい人。それだけで印象がいいというか、話していて気持ちいいなと思うので、優しい話し方の人とか、穏やかな人がいいですかね。私自身が気性が穏やかじゃないので。穏やかになだめてくれるような人がいいです
    - and of course, the usual words to her fans - to continue supporting Nogizaka46 even after she leaves

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Part 1:
    Aside from your grad announcement, how do you feel right now?

Everything’s as it is now but, I wasn’t the type who would feel a sense of nervousness a day before or so, rather the type who would become nervous 1 min before the show. Today’s feeling was kinda flat as always, but when the show began, I started to think “oh, once this person is done with her part, it’s my block to announce.” I felt that the nervousness was the part where it was my turn and I had to talk about it.

How long has it been since you’ve started thinking about graduation?

Graduation…all these while, ever since I’ve been in Nogizaka, 5 years, at that time, when AKB48 released their “Flying Get” song, it was super-hyped, and since then I had been looking forward thinking about “I wanna grad”, someday when idols graduate. I will too.

So in a concrete way, since when have you thought about your graduation?

If it’s in a concrete way, that’ll be last year.

What made you decide?

As I’ve been thinking about graduation all these while however, last year, I received a letter from my mom telling me “to take it easy” or somewhere along the lines, it was the first time I received such a long-written letter. What lies ahead was beyond my reach, and because of that, I somehow thought maybe it’s time to let it go.

The reason for graduation?

Reason, reason…none possibly. You could say it was those I stated earlier that someday would come made me decide.

Was there anyone whom you’ve discussed?

The staff around me.

Have you report to other members?

Already done. As soon as the senbatsu members were announced for the next single in Nogichuu, and I was called in as the center, I announced it to everyone.

Graduation period?

I haven’t clearly decided yet but since my birthday falls on the 20th Feb, I’ve set it tentatively to be on that day.

It has been exactly 5 years since debut.

Yup.

What does the letter say btw?

It felt something like, “do the things you’ve liked about”, but the “take it easy” part really struck me. I’ve always the type who would wanna try out many hobbies as I can. And since I have so many hobbies, I think the most important part was I should really do what I really want. That kind of feeling.

What would you discuss with your mom during tough times?

I don’t think I actually did…haha.

The graduation announcement report to your mom…

During this time, I told her after I returned from work. And a week earlier, she actually called, saying “I will listen to the radio today”, but I replied “it’s not today!” haha

Upon graduation?

I won’t be in showbiz.

Retiring from showbiz?

Yes

What would you do for example?

As an ordinary girl, I just wanna live an ordinary life.

What kind of career?

I’ve not decided yet.

Was it the struggle that made you decide you wanna retire from the industry?

Ever since I entered (the showbiz), I just felt so that was the showbiz industry, and for the next 5 years I just went through it as I was told to.

So initially, you wanna retire upon the decision of your graduation

Initially, I don’t know what exactly was on my mind but, in the midst of doing it, I felt that I should go for normal life.

So the reason for your retirement is…

I believe I should start doing something that is important to me, and that’s where I’m heading.

What would you wanna do upon graduation?

Firstly, being able to speak well in English. Although I’ve been trying that, I wan’t able to. As long as I have free time after my graduation, I want to learn. It’ll be useful to me when I’m able to speak English, as I loved moving around places alone, I wanna go solo-travelling as well.

Are there any interests in that kind of job?

I’ve been thinking a lot about career, in detail, it wasn’t the kind of job that I would express through my mouth. As of now, what I‘ve been studying on, since I’ve been getting everyone to support me while working in those 5 years, for this sake, I’ve been studying on secretarial proficiency tests, putting the license of the tests aside, I’ve been reading some reference notes as well.

Is there anything on your mind what you wanna be?

I do but, if I say it, it’ll sound like there’s little possibility…haha

• Like Like x 1
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Well, thank you for that. Can't she be an OL kennin like Maichun? LOL! If she needs anyone to converse in English with, I'm game! LOL!

5. Obelovic

Obelovic Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Surely she can find loads of volunteers from this forum! ;)

6. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    lol. as described by her, don't use words that are dirty . she likes soft and gentle words. a gentleman nonetheless. good luck. hehe

thanks to @avalanste for a full translation.

7. kinglight25

kinglight25 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    Hashimoto is leaving. This is sad :cry:
    And she will become a normal wife, I hoped her become an action actress but that seems like is impossible now. :fp:
    The senbatsu song to me is so good. I like it a lot. The best A-side song in this year to me. The farewell is sad but the song has warmed me up a little and gave me hope for Nogizaka future. Truly a great graduation song.
    [​IMG]
    Wow! Yamazaki is a rising star.

8. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Part 2 (Jeez...this is long):
    Was it the feeling where you felt you’ve done everything you could and nothing has left behind?

There are alot things where I wasn’t being able to see, do, or fields to step into but, I believe I’ve spent my most these 5 years.

What was the deep impression left in Nogizaka activities.

I didn’t know about anything, since 18 till 23 yo, it was the period where people would call us teenage girls where I lived as an idol, since then, there has been ups and downs, big involvements but in this remaining 5 months, there wasn’t anything much to say that this was fun, that was that or whatsoever but, I think I’ll definitely recall those great moments within the next 5 months.

Is there anything you’ve left behind the group before graduation?

I’ve been doing quite a lot so, I doubt it…haha

The one thing that is the best of becoming an idol

Being given many different opportunities or should I say, I don’t think there’s any job in this world that lets one speak or do the things one can do since one’s here. I think it’ll be better to say what most people would agree, that this person’s life is being provided with such an influence.

Upon graduation, your love and relationship becomes free as well.

It’s not where I believe that “oh, I can do that (get into relationship) immediately after graduation!”, but rather “now that I’ve given all in graduation, upon that there’s where everything, every environment starts to change and desperately follow on. And because I still can’t tell how I should do it or how I wanna do it, I think that if I can get married by 30 that’ll be good.

Ideal type of partner

Type? I’m getting kinda warm all of a sudden right now (rubs face and hands), I like those who don’t use a lot of profanities, and soft-spoken. It leaves me that good impression, and feels comfortable to converse, and I think those who are gently spoken, calm are really good. Because I’m not the kind of calm person, so I hope there’s someone who can appease me.

I'll finish the rest later tonight...the interview is just too long.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NyanNyan's Pet

us commoners appreciate your hard work, i'll definitely look forward to it. thanks:approve:

10. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    @kinglight25 I laughed so hard at your spoiler. Although, I feel that way now. Not just for Nanamin but also the other Nogi graduates. Even some of them that I never saw... LOL!

F*c*! That leaves me out! LOL!

11. YuNcHuNsA

YuNcHuNsA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    So that foreboding feeling was true after all. Nanamin is graduating. I think I died a little today.

Thanks @avalanste for the translations thus far

12. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    When we talk about Hashimoto-san, the strong image of her short hair comes to our mind, but you've been keeping your hair really long.

Well if I'm running activities in showbiz, it's prolly better to be short I think but, when it comes to normal life I think it's faster to get accustomed to longer hair. Just that, these 4 years I've always maintained a short haircut , so that's where I got a little tired of it as well. There's no deep meaning to it.

There's also an image of you liking rock music.

As an interest, I think I've always liked going to live concerts e.t.c. however, as part of the career, nothing has been decided.

I think fans will be upset when you retire

Nogizaka46 will still continue even without me, I believe they'll progress on and on. For those who are my fans and supporters of Nogizaka46, I'll be more than happy if they can still show their support for Nogizaka46, as for me, even upon my graduation, there're still videos e.t.c. of me remaining, I hope this will give the fans that great memories where they can go "ahh...there was such a girl around"...

After graduation, would you be returning your hometown?

Not in my consideration as of now.

Nogizaka becoming a group has been selling almost over 800000 copies every single, have you expected or thought about that during that time?

Not really. It's more like, "can we really sell these?" haha. Feeling's like if we were doing it long enough, someday it'll be better.

In this new single with yourself as a center, will you be aiming towards million copies?

If the sales can increase I'll definitely be glad, of course as a group itself exceeding over million copies was also part of my aim, and if they can hit the line of course it'll be terrific but, if my graduation is where the sales exceed beyond expected, feels kinda complicated when you think how would this sales be like to everyone.

-End-

• Like Like x 2
  13. norigiri

norigiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Wow!! Ikoma made a jump in slots :eek: Hope that will not backfire! :cold:

14. NyanNyan's Pet

i hate this part :cry: need to watch a movie, something funny. didn't expect this girl to be this.....ordinary and simple.
    thanks @avalanste

15. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    anyway, as a fan, we may feel some sadness . but as a human being, I do feel happy that she feels she is doing the right thing, and feels good about going back to being just a normal girl. A lot of things she must be experiencing and thinking about when she received the letter from her mum. it may be her hectic work, it may be stress , it may be her health or frail body, it may be her thoughts of things she had wants to do, but hope that she finally feels release, and gets ready to face life in a different way.

16. MagnoliaStellata

MagnoliaStellata Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    1. Thank you @avalanste for the translation.
    The interview makes me feel relieved because at least she's not graduating because of her illness.
    I'm done crying, just going to cherish the 4 months we still have with her.
    Hey, she wants to go solo travelling, so maybe i will get a chance to meet her someday, since i like to travel as well :D

2. Loving the song, i've been replaying it and still not get bored.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  17. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
  18. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Woop Woop, Miona getting work. I would've loved a Ikuchan-Miona duet, but I'll take Ashurin too :hehe:

Personally I am quite surprised that it only has been 2 top members yet for Nogi.
    So the real bleeding will start next year. In 48/46; Sasshi, Mayu, Yukirin, Sayanee, Maiyan and Misa, they are all ready to jump ship.

19. mizu19

mizu19 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I love the song as i expect from Sony Music, still much better than akb. But i'm so sad to hear Nanamin will graduate and retire from showbiz.:cry2::cry2::cry2: The single jacket tho, showing Nanamin with lots of suitcase, shows that she would've gone for a long time and won't be back

20. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    Blanco/swing (unders) formation

3rd row: kawamura - itoka - sasaki - itojun - kawago - wada
    2nd row: sagara - saitochi - saitoyu - noujo - yamazaki
    1st row: nakada - suzuki - terada(center) - watanabe - higuchi

source: today's SOL

Nanamin's 「Naimononedari」

if the video does not show watch the video here